PDA

View Full Version : MISC. temporary ban for game stallers

underfox
3rd Dec 2013, 20:54
A few minutes ago, the player " Sleepwalker " was having fun entering and leaving the lobby, waiting for the last second to leave and enter again. The lobby got stalled for 5 or more minutes thanks to this person. Can something be done against that kind of behaviour?

Archadae
3rd Dec 2013, 22:23
I can confirm that and i have screenshots with chatlogs to prove it.
The games no. was EU 268928

ChuckNoriis
4th Dec 2013, 01:45
that just childish i can understand why you are angry but , why should they ban such player for this kind of Action ,

What we need realy is a better lobby and rules to prevents that kind of thing to happen like a delay between leaving and shearshing for lobby .

Lomonop
4th Dec 2013, 12:24
A few minutes ago, the player " Sleepwalker " was having fun entering and leaving the lobby, waiting for the last second to leave and enter again. The lobby got stalled for 5 or more minutes thanks to this person. Can something be done against that kind of behaviour?
Not that it makes the behaviour less annoying, but it might have not been his intention to stall the game. It could be that he wanted to be in an empty lobby so that he could invite his friends, but got put in your lobby every time.

Strike5150
4th Dec 2013, 13:19
^^This is exactly what he was doing. He was trying to play with his friends. The Alpha does not allow us to group up before we join a lobby. So we have to find a lobby that is empty or with enough spots to allow us to invite friends.

Sorry that you had this experience. You should post this as a bug if you feel your lobby was bugged. Most likely you got stalled for 5 minutes because there are not enough players in the alpha and it took that long to find another player.

Worm4real
4th Dec 2013, 19:32
I mean in all fairness if it's disruptive he should stop, whether his intent is to join up with his friends or not is kind of secondary.

hirukaru
4th Dec 2013, 20:21
Dear Worm4Real,

You reaction is kind of strange if you ask me.
If he did not want to play with you he leaves.
He tries to find a different room but get matches against you again and leaves again.
I know it can be a pain in the ***.

But its an Alpha and there are not enough players for more games at this moment.

underfox
5th Dec 2013, 19:57
we were also telling him to stop doing that, and as far as I know he should be capable to " say something " if it wasn't meant to bother us.

No he was clearly doing it on purpose, waiting for the very last second to leave, and entering again.

Someone who would try to play with his friend would not have this kind of behaviour and would not leave at the very last second of the 15 second countdown.

I made a poor choice of word, when I said temporary BAN I mean't something like 5 minutes waiting before joining a game again. My bad