PDA

View Full Version : Really bad graphics?

MaggieChow
24th Oct 2007, 14:53
First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I don't really care that much about the graphics and that its the game play I'm interested in, I was just surprised by how bad the graphics looked in the trailer. As if the game had come out about 3 years ago.

Anyone else?

Jeron
24th Oct 2007, 16:52
The graphics look sharp, realistic and full of life.
And they're currentdate.

MaggieChow
24th Oct 2007, 17:21
The character models look pretty terrible to me. As if the game was created as a half life 2 mod.

Jeron
25th Oct 2007, 08:04
Half Life 2 has the best character models, even to date.
Source engine is the best engine, and will be for a long time (probably forever)

The character models in K&L look really good and very realistic.
The skins for example are photorealistic.

And stop complaining about gfx 'cause Deus Ex has crappy gfx too and it's the best game ever made.

cazzer
26th Oct 2007, 18:23
First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I don't really care that much about the graphics and that its the game play I'm interested in, I was just surprised by how bad the graphics looked in the trailer. As if the game had come out about 3 years ago.

Anyone else?

The graphics are outstanding apart from the human figures when they're far away, apart from that all is good.:thumbsup:

MaggieChow
26th Oct 2007, 20:23
Hmmm maybe just that one trailer then. And I wasn't the only one watching it to comment on bad graphics.
The multi player videos and pictures all seem to look worse than singleplayer footage.

The Hessian Horseman
28th Oct 2007, 03:02
Jeron said:
And stop complaining about gfx 'cause Deus Ex has crappy gfx too and it's the best game ever made.

Hehe, right, Jeron! I concur: Deus Ex really is one simple stroke of genius! Too bad, Deus Ex - Invisible War couldn't compete... I'm still dreaming about a glorious and trilogy-ending part three though =)

btt: I really like the graphics of the hitman games and K&L. The only thing that bothers me about the IO games are the odd physics... the way the dead people lie around... they all look like swimming on the dry somehow, dunno how to explain it ^^' (just look at max payne 2, for example. Whenever you shoot an enemy he lies around looking actually *dead*) Maybe *someone* can figure out what I mean -.-

The one thing that really annoys me about the physics - especially the enemies dying no death animations - is that hitman: codename 47 was the first game that actually featured it... so why didn't they improve? Not that it really mattered, though. Kane & Lynch will *definately* ROCK!!

Fully
28th Oct 2007, 17:46
Im pretty dissapointed by the graphics as well.

KaneT16
4th Nov 2007, 15:12
The graphics look really cool to me and they look nice and smooth. But if IO gave up the glacier engine for Unreal engine who knows how good the graphics can be. I mean If they can make really good graphics with the glacier engine then they might be able to make the best graphics ever with the Unreal engine (Okay maybe not best ever but pretty damn good).

MaggieChow
4th Nov 2007, 15:24
On reflection, its the multiplayer graphics that seem pretty atrocious. On HD singleplayer trailers theyre about the same as blood money which is quite good.