PDA

View Full Version : STORE Skin Suggestions

JanusDominus
3rd Dec 2013, 03:42
Vampires:
Kain's Empire insignia skins ("Imperial Legionnaire" skin)
Clan insignia ("Clan sergeant", as in "Dumahim Sergeant", "Turelim Sergeant", et cetera)
Degenerated Dumahim and Turelim skins (something in-between their noble forms of Nosgoth and devolved forms of Soul Reaver)
Noble Razielim (Razielim pre-devolution)
Lieutenant Skins: Dumah, Turel, Raziel. Ultra-super-mega-rare skins that may be given to prominent community members who helped a lot during the development of the game.
Humans:
Sarafan Crusaders skins
Sarafan Knights of Blood Omen 2 skins
Moebius' Mercenaries skins
Sun insignia skins ("Sunrisers")
Human Citadel insignia skins ("Saviors")

hirukaru
3rd Dec 2013, 11:39
I dont know anything about LOK.

But some skins probably will not be able to be put in, this because of the time line of this game.

But this is something George knows so much about so I will let him answer :)

lucinvampire
3rd Dec 2013, 13:37
Some of these are really cool suggestions :D Some though I don't think would work like the Sarafan stuff - they have long been wiped out - though seeing this would make me freak out in excitement I just don't think it would work with the time period. I would definitley love to see a devolved Turelim...those ears man - amazing! The only thing with the Razielim he wouldn't have wings so I'm not sure if that would work on the character model they've got - well he'd be like Superman lol or unless they spliced it on another model. I can picture all these though...awesome :D

I'd vote for Elder Vampires...with the classic LoKness :D

JanusDominus
3rd Dec 2013, 15:09
I dont know anything about LOK.

But some skins probably will not be able to be put in, this because of the time line of this game.

But this is something George knows so much about so I will let him answer :)
The game is said to be constantly updated with new content, so... yeah, a moot point there.
! The only thing with the Razielim he wouldn't have wings so I'm not sure if that would work on the character model they've got - well he'd be like Superman lol or unless they spliced it on another model. I can picture all these though...awesomeWell, I had in mind something similar to Raziel - not devolved, but winged.
As for the time period thing - those are just skins, I don't think they should be real hard into canon stuff.

Shirokurou
10th Jan 2014, 22:59
OK, obviously as a Square Enix game, you can do a huge number of shout-out costumes. FF, Deus Ex, Nier and the like.

Off the top of my head...
Vamps
Reaver: Well the Reavers do have a stealth thing going on, so why not give them a dark full-body bandaged look, lots of belts (Nomura loves belts) and call it a Ninja suit? I mean it won't be straight up ninja, but the wrapped up, strapped together look would suit them IMHO
Tyrant: OK, these guys are the brutes, so how about A: Covering them in armor head to toe. B: They go out wearing only war paint. Like butt-a$$ naked, Berseker style.
Sentinel: Ok, they don't really have "armor", but how about a worn-out look? Like their Chitin has arrow bits, scratches and just signs that they went through a ton of hurt. Daggers stuck and encased in the chitin, bones maybe?

Humankind:
Scout: OK, these guys... I'm out of ideas. Green tights. Robin Hood style. It'll be campy as hell, but who doesn't like to kill their enemy while being dressed in a campy fashion. "This guy is dressed like a clown...and he killed me". Directly inoffensive, but trolly.
Hunter: I can't be the only one who got a Van Helsing vibe from shooting Sentinels with an auto-crossbow. Give them a hat and longcoat. Channel the "Man with no Name" and give the lone wandered sharpshooter look.
Alchemist: Square Enix is probably already thinking up an Amazon chainmail bikini or swimwear...or Red Sonja outfit, so I'll have to flex my mind. How about...an achronistic blast suit. Girls are chugging explosves. But that would make the rigs bulkier and might look humorous. Dragon armor. Because explosives.

Thomas_Hawk
13th Jan 2014, 04:38
I really don't think bringing skins from others universes is a good idea, atleast now. What we really need is something familiar with LoK uneverse like skins with clan symbols on your back or arms. The common player will love gameplay and skins for way they look, he doesn't actually care about Lok's history or etc but Lok's fans will really appreciate it :)
Btw i like idea with pre-devolving skins.

Off top: we need some recognizable places as well like map with Lake of the Dead behind or battle in front of vampires citadel with clan flags on it or Silenced Cathedral(maybe we already have, but i didn't notice that because was busy playing :) )

lucinvampire
13th Jan 2014, 09:48
Tyrant: They go out wearing only war paint. Like butt-a$$ naked, Berseker style.

Scout: Green tights. Robin Hood style.

Alchemist: an Amazon chainmail bikini or swimwear...or Red Sonja outfit

I am afraid...maybe if we were also issued mind bleach lol

What we really need is something familiar with LoK uneverse like skins with clan symbols on your back or arms. The common player will love gameplay and skins for way they look, he doesn't actually care about Lok's history or etc but Lok's fans will really appreciate it :)

Agree :D so much

I wouldn’t mind if things could be a little more customisable in that you can take the arms from one piece of armour and splice them with the chest plate of another or change the colours for example – to give more variety and personal style.

Razaiim
13th Jan 2014, 17:16
I wouldn’t mind if things could be a little more customisable in that you can take the arms from one piece of armour and splice them with the chest plate of another or change the colours for example – to give more variety and personal style.

This could actually work for humans, as their forces would probably be forced to scavenge what they can against the endless vampire masses. Vampires I feel are too proud and vain to ever bother with a motley and mixed ensemble.

I remember reading somewhere that the playable factions of vampires are in their fledgling states, hence the still human traits (5 fingers, shorter ears, proportions and stature) so I do want to see elder vampire designs.

Personally I have no love for the visuals of the Lieutenants in Soul Reaver. Rahab, Zephon, Turel and Dumah all look extremely similar during Raziel's execution. Melciah only stood out due to his lack of hair and patchwork skin. I would be open to seeing the design team's take on how they have aged over the centuries, (it took a single mutation for Raziel to be distinguishable....Wings and such), but a straight carbon copy + graphics update would be very poor.

Also the first two skins that Janus mentions are already implemented. I believe the Reaver has the Dumahim Platemail and Imperial Regalia (yip opened nosgoth to check) and the Tyrant has Turlim plate and Armor of the Imperial Guard

One Thing I might be interested in seeing on hunters is an enlarged buckler/pauldron peice on the left arm. I don't know why but that would look quite cool to me.

kardimond
13th Jan 2014, 21:34
Woohoo nice ideas! I was thinking about opening such a thread as well, but didnt have any lore related ideas!

Anyways here are the skin-ideas which probably wouldnt fit but still might be ...fitable if done right. Also I'd 100% buy those skins:

Tyrant: A skin with a football-player-like armor. It could be used as like... siege-armor in the nosgoth-universe. (Also the skin which I desire the most. Charging your enemies in that outfit has to be the best thing ever (EVER))

Sentinel: Senta Clause (self-explaining, right?)

Reaver: Nightmare-Reaver (with probably burned skin, a fedora, a red-green-striped sweater and gloves with metal-claws)

Hunter: A Van Helsing - like skin (might be with sunglasses, a good hat, black-leather-ornate-armor and cloak (oh god the cloak alone would be worth all the moneys))

Shirokurou
16th Jan 2014, 14:02
Looks like I wasn't the only one who got the Van Helsing vibe.

I am afraid...maybe if we were also issued mind bleach lol
That's the point. Psychological warfare lol.

Strike5150
16th Jan 2014, 14:05
I really want some big red boxing gloves for my tyrant. O.o the funs times punching people in the face.

Monkeythumbz
16th Jan 2014, 14:18
I remember reading somewhere that the playable factions of vampires are in their fledgling states, hence the still human traits (5 fingers, shorter ears, proportions and stature) so I do want to see elder vampire designs.

This is coming.

Also, regarding the Lieutenants, I think having them in simply just as skins wouldn't really do them justice, IMHO.

RainaAudron
16th Jan 2014, 14:20
Yeah, agreed with George. However having adult vampire skins, hell yes!!!

lucinvampire
16th Jan 2014, 14:47
I really want some big red boxing gloves for my tyrant. O.o the funs times punching people in the face.

This would be so much beyond amusing :D

This is coming.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH
and breathe
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH
So much AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Vampires Oh boy!!!!!! :D :D :D

I’d still love to see costumes or the characters with clan symbols on them…

How about Ronin Reaver…like the old martial art warriors with the flag stuck on his back ;)

RainaAudron
16th Jan 2014, 15:26
Lol, Lucy! :D much fandom, such cool :D haha!

Btw, Ber and me were talking and if you think about it, it totally makes sense that the fledglings do not have their clan symbol just yet. If you look at SR1, only the adults had it! So it seems it is connected to their rank/evolution stage.

lucinvampire
16th Jan 2014, 16:08
Btw, Ber and me were talking and if you think about it, it totally makes sense that the fledglings do not have their clan symbol just yet. If you look at SR1, only the adults had it! So it seems it is connected to their rank/evolution stage.

Wow that’s great thinking :D thanks Raina

…suppose it could be like a gang in that you can’t wear the patch/colours until you’ve earned it – the Elders should definitely have the symbols like you’ve said to fit with previous games. :D

Psyonix_Eric
16th Jan 2014, 18:15
I won't add much to what George said, but I think his "that's coming" will be sure to please many people for a few reasons, including some you may not expect. ;)

Razaiim
16th Jan 2014, 21:10
The amount of tease from these devs is like oh my god... :D a lot of teasing

Varulven
16th Jan 2014, 21:18
Please just make the game playable, thanks >.<
The new update is nuthin' for people with no gaming skills (people like me).

Razaiim
16th Jan 2014, 21:32

Games totally playable... You just get trounced from time to time if you come from any gaming background besides the PC master race craze... I know, I'm a console person and just loaded myself up on Soul Reaver, Earthworm Jim and Bloodrayne betrayal on my PS3... probably gonna get Assassin's Creed 4 and Knack for my room-mates PS4 soon.

Kuro1n
16th Jan 2014, 21:56
Game is playable... don't know what you are talking about wolf. :/

lucinvampire
17th Jan 2014, 15:45
I won't add much to what George said, but I think his "that's coming" will be sure to please many people for a few reasons, including some you may not expect. ;)

Oh man…I can’t believe you’re going to leave us hanging like that :P ...brain now in overdrive!

I hope if you're changing the designs that they'll be more like skins that you can swap between Fledgling and Adult choices depending on your mood or how long you’ve played or XP. Since the blogs the Fledgling idea has kinda started to grow on me...

….and I’ve come to love Tyrant too…even if it does look like he’s been smacked around the chops several times with a large plank of wood :P – not the most prettiest of the brood but monster-cuddly lol but saying that like I've said I’d LOVE to be able to play a more Morlock looking version with clan symbols and umm vampire ears too :D

Options are good :D

Varulven
17th Jan 2014, 16:44
Adding more devolved models of the vamps is a great idea.
But I want to decide how my character looks like ;)
Let us choose pls! :D

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2014, 11:37
I posted this in the general discussion forum, but I think it would be handy to have it here too for easy reference.

All of this is low priority stuff for after release...

I was just thinking it would be fun to see some costumes from previous games in the series as a way to tie it back to those games. Here are some I'd like to see:

Lieutenant's uniforms - All vampire classes. I'm sure most of us would want to see these. Clan coloured sashes and gloves.

BO1 Kain armor - This would fit the Dumahim best. They would wear it in honor of their emperor's boasted exploits.

Oni armour & mask - Adult Dumahim would wear this as the style favored by their clan leader. Daniel Cabuco mentioned Oni as part of the inspiration for Dumah's appearance and I think a lot of this is due to the armor Dumah wears.

Sarafan Archer - The only Sarafan I remember using bow and arrows were the ones in Defiance. Since the Ironguard are descended from the Sarafan, I imagine they'd want to honor their ancestors.

Legion of the Nemesis Armor - Not sure who would wear it out of humans or vampires, but Moebius had that museum/cave in BO1 where he'd collected relics from other times and timelines. Perhaps someone discovered that and decided they liked the armor. It looked best with the flamberge swords they all had, but no one uses swords in this game at the moment.

Willendorf Knight - A white version of Kain's armor with lion crest shield. Would probably suit the Ironguard.

Vampire from Moebius crusade or Sarafan era - There's some concept art in SR2 of a male and female vampire from this era that looked kind of cool, but were cut from the game. It's a shame we never got to see them. Maybe the intact/recovered Razielim could wear something like that. Shown here: http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Vampires_(second_generation)

Does anyone else have any ideas?

LauraOrganaSolo
21st Jan 2014, 23:20
The only reason I'm interested in this game is because it's a Legacy of Kain game. The addition of out of character, extra-franchise customization would be incredibly obnoxious. No Deus Ex, no FF, no comic book stuff, no chainmail bikinis thank you very much.

I would really like to see the ability to mix and match for more customization rather than armor set 1, armor set 2, etc.

Varulven
22nd Jan 2014, 20:52
I had an Idea xDD

http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/22.01.14/gowhtyp9us8.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22035586/IMG_0001.jpg.html)

lucinvampire
22nd Jan 2014, 21:04
Wolf - that's awesome...so would choose that for a skin design :D

Varulven
22nd Jan 2014, 21:06
It's not finished now. I just wanted to show my idea^^
Thank you :)

lucinvampire
18th Feb 2014, 10:11
I was kinda thinking this morning (yep it actually happened – bear with me because this is a morning thought!) anyhow…lets talk Razielim and evolution…because George said earlier there will be evolved skins…so should the Razielim get these???? or maybe get an explanation????

Think about it – they have recently just gone through an evolutionary stage and evolved wings? If the ones that we see in game are as the lore blogs have said - the last of the Razielim…then if this game is set in the period around that era would they really evolve again to have the hands/feet that quick?????? Or have we skipped on like I don’t know 500 years or so??? How often does a vampire evolve???

Yes they should have received the claw hands and cloven feet before but you know or were there Fledglings and Adults evolving at the same time in the chamber???? Was this just something I misread…or something??? I kind of took it from the way the blog was worded they were all just Fledglings and nothing special and that all the Clan Elders/older generations were destroyed???

Vampmaster
18th Feb 2014, 10:54
I was kinda thinking this morning (yep it actually happened – bear with me because this is a morning thought!) anyhow…lets talk Razielim and evolution…because George said earlier there will be evolved skins…so should the Razielim get these???? or maybe get an explanation????

Think about it – they have recently just gone through an evolutionary stage and evolved wings? If the ones that we see in game are as the lore blogs have said - the last of the Razielim…then if this game is set in the period around that era would they really evolve again to have the hands/feet that quick?????? Or have we skipped on like I don’t know 500 years or so??? How often does a vampire evolve???

Yes they should have received the claw hands and cloven feet before but you know or were there Fledglings and Adults evolving at the same time in the chamber???? Was this just something I misread…or something??? I kind of took it from the way the blog was worded they were all just Fledglings and nothing special and that all the Clan Elders/older generations were destroyed???

I'm not so sure the Razielim we've seen are fledglings. I'm sure I remember George saying the new Razielim skins would be recovered ones rather than further evolved ones. Personally, I think the Dumahim would be holding the fledglings hostage to make sure the adult Razielim don't try anything.

lucinvampire
18th Feb 2014, 11:31
I'm not so sure the Razielim we've seen are fledglings. I'm sure I remember George saying the new Razielim skins would be recovered ones rather than further evolved ones. Personally, I think the Dumahim would be holding the fledglings hostage to make sure the adult Razielim don't try anything.

Yeah that would make sense that then after Eskandor had made the initial alliance any remaining Adult ones would turn up and be like “rrraaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh what ya doin to da kids Dumahim foooos”…just going to need another blog about it :D

…though I hope the Adults were in hibernation themselves – not that they abandoned their Clan in their time of war…well unless they fled to the hills once all was lost…

Monkeythumbz
18th Feb 2014, 12:34
I had an Idea xDD

http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/22.01.14/gowhtyp9us8.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22035586/IMG_0001.jpg.html)

These just keep getting better and better!

Varulven
18th Feb 2014, 12:48
These just keep getting better and better!

OMG this is just a rough sketch xDD *blush*
Thank you :)

Orionte
19th Feb 2014, 13:57
For a rough sketch is quite impressive :)

Looking forward to the finished drawing ^^

Varulven
19th Feb 2014, 14:50
I don't think that I will finish it, it was just a crazy idea that popped up in my mind. ^^