PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Strafe Walking and flaying with sentinel idea

RtOoyS
2nd Dec 2013, 20:32
after first day of playing i was only annoyed that this game truly missed strafe right and strafe left walking options, and it is very stupid that we cant stay with flaying in one place with sentinel, there will be very good when sentinel can hang on flaying and look like real sentinel to hunt his pray not just only flying circles around

RainaAudron
2nd Dec 2013, 20:58
Please post any suggestions regarding the gameplay in the correct section, thank you.

cmstache
3rd Dec 2013, 00:38
This has also been irritating me, there's no hover aspect of the sentinel. We already get absolutely punished by the camera angle, they could at least make it so you don't move unless the forward/backward/side keys are pressed. (In relation to camera position at least.)

Oroibahazopi
3rd Dec 2013, 10:20
You can strafe with the sentinal while flying, but it's an ability afaik.

You can have hover if you stop flying and fall if you come into contact with walls.

hirukaru
3rd Dec 2013, 11:34
This has also been irritating me, there's no hover aspect of the sentinel. We already get absolutely punished by the camera angle, they could at least make it so you don't move unless the forward/backward/side keys are pressed. (In relation to camera position at least.)

To make this happen the vampire has to oscillate his wings. Don't see this happening any time soon though.
With the weight of a vampire he won't even able to put out the massive force needed to hover like a hummingbird.
Also as a main sentinel player I like the movement. Some sort of freecam would be welcome (with a maximum degree of view ofcourse (turning head, and up and down)

I never had any problems with the strafe? It is not really needed in this game, maby when the maps gets bigger and instead of fast pace it will turn slow pace then it is usefull I guess.

But again my opinion and it is good you have yours.

Strike5150
3rd Dec 2013, 13:36
Its a good point, I basically have to ask my teammates if there is anyone left to kill :). Lucky we have Teamspeak I guess. Not being able to see underneath you is pretty silly if your a sentinal. Vision should be way better then when you are on the ground.

Of course to a point its true, but there is a massive blind spot underneath you.

RainaAudron
3rd Dec 2013, 14:35
How about an ability which enables you to jump in air from the ground and start gliding? It would have a cooldown of course so you can´t overuse it.. or something similar...

Lomonop
3rd Dec 2013, 14:46
How about an ability which enables you to jump in air from the ground and start gliding? It would have a cooldown of course so you can´t overuse it.. or something similar...
That ability is called Take-off. Unless the "gliding" you're refering to is something else than the regular flying.

Razaiim
3rd Dec 2013, 19:20
Yea the only thing I can see when Flying is my sentinels booty... not entirely my thing the scale chitinous bits on there

RainaAudron
3rd Dec 2013, 19:22
Oh I see, didnt play with Sentinel long enough, yeah that´s what I meant, never mind. I´ll try it out.

Razaiim
3rd Dec 2013, 19:33
To make this happen the vampire has to oscillate his wings. Don't see this happening any time soon though.
With the weight of a vampire he won't even able to put out the massive force needed to hover like a hummingbird.
Also as a main sentinel player I like the movement. Some sort of freecam would be welcome (with a maximum degree of view of course (turning head, and up and down).

Most vampires are have mild TK powers don't they? Their flight could be augmented through that, allowing them to still hover. I don't remember where but I'm sure it mentions something similar about the Turelim subconsciously boosting their already great strength with their TK (might need a greater lore expert than myself here)

hirukaru
3rd Dec 2013, 20:43
What is TK?

I only know the effect of Oscillate what hummingbirds uses to stay in one place.
Even though it would be fun to be able to do it. I wonder if it adds anything to the game.
Probably more power to the sentinel cause it can wait for its team to charge in, decide on a target and just fly there.

Now it is constantly moving and it is harder to orient, what is a good thing in my eyes.

Lomonop
4th Dec 2013, 12:10
What is TK?
Telekinesis.

lucinvampire
4th Dec 2013, 12:41
Yes I think they had minor TK abilities but TK was known as a trademark of the Turelim - they had advanced/powerful TK…and echolation.