PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Nosgoth in Nosgoth

RtOoyS
2nd Dec 2013, 20:31
this game has nothing to common with LoK series, i missed that series and surly buy when comes another continue but this has only vampires in common, sentinels are from razielim so they are children of Raziel but i dont see any similiaritis exept the wings, the same for Turel, they are only brutes, and the hunters? where is a minimun of an atmosphere of Sarafan in them? i dont feel Nosgoth in this game, maybe they can do the maps from series, like Pilars, or maybe forges, Vampire Citadel, Pilars before and After Collapse, Pilars from time of Kain Empire, Janos Audron Retriet. ther is nothig from Lok only the names: of the game Nosgoth, Names of clans, but no similiaritis. but by the way i have liked this game but only when i not thinkin that have something in common with LoK.

Tube_Reaver
2nd Dec 2013, 21:27
Hi, just to point out, this game has a lot to do with LoK, but it is not continuing the story, it is a "spin-off" so to speak, and that's why it's just called "Nosgoth" and not "Legacy of Kain: Nosgoth"

Don't quote me, but iirc in regards to the maps, from what I read, they won't be doing any locations from the LoK games, at least not yet.

Razielim don't HAVE to look like carbon copies of Raziel himself, and that's not including the fact that they devolved, and we never see what Raziel would become if the events of SR1 never happened, so we don't know what he would have looked like after he devolved.

This game is meant to be a fun multiplayer pvp game which takes place in the setting of LoK, and involves humans and vampires fighting it out. So enjoy it for the fun you'll have hunting humans or vampires, with or against friends.

Dark-Lotus
2nd Dec 2013, 21:49
despite whats being said above i feel this game will revolutionize the way we feel about MMO games.. if you look back to other MMO games like WoW, final fantasy, etc. they are all either turn based or use the 1-9 buttons for abilities.. that being said what this game looks to be to myself.. mind you having only seen the showcase and trailer.. i think it will be more of a skill based, thirdperson, free roam, fighting game.. not only does the splash art and minimal gameplay ive seen in the trailer as well as the showcase look amazing, and like something ive been waiting for, for a VERY long time in a vampire/human war game in my opinion which most likely might become available later on after developement has finish the ONLY thing that is missing is warewolves.. now that all being said i would be truely greaetful and thoroughly enjoy hours of playing, to be part of the BETA.. as a game critique, as well as someone with experience using Torque3d,Unity3d,autodesk 3dsMAX,and autodesk MAYA, i feel i would be able to provide great feedback

Tube_Reaver
2nd Dec 2013, 21:55
despite whats being said above i feel this game will revolutionize the way we feel about MMO games.. if you look back to other MMO games like WoW, final fantasy, etc. they are all either turn based or use the 1-9 buttons for abilities.. that being said what this game looks to be to myself.. mind you having only seen the showcase and trailer.. i think it will be more of a skill based, thirdperson, free roam, fighting game.. not only does the splash art and minimal gameplay ive seen in the trailer as well as the showcase look amazing, and like something ive been waiting for, for a VERY long time in a vampire/human war game in my opinion which most likely might become available later on after developement has finish the ONLY thing that is missing is warewolves.. now that all being said i would be truely greaetful and thoroughly enjoy hours of playing, to be part of the BETA.. as a game critique, as well as someone with experience using Torque3d,Unity3d,autodesk 3dsMAX,and autodesk MAYA, i feel i would be able to provide great feedback

Hi, I just want to clarify one thing, this game is NOT an MMO

WHAT GENRE IS THE GAME?
Nosgoth is a 3rd person team based PVP (player versus player) game set in a brutal fantasy world.

Dark-Lotus
2nd Dec 2013, 22:25
WHAT GENRE IS THE GAME?

Nosgoth is a 3rd person team based PVP (player versus player) game set in a brutal fantasy world.
IS NOSGOTH FREE-TO-PLAY?

Yes, Nosgoth is a Free-To-Play game. We made the decision to go to free-to-play to break down barriers and let as many players into the game as possible. Nosgoth is NOT 'Pay-2-Win' - One of our key goals has been to create a fair experience that doesn't penalise players who don’t spend money in the game.

that being said we will just have to agree to disagree..

Dark-Lotus
2nd Dec 2013, 22:25
you can find those in the faq portion of the nosgoth site

Tube_Reaver
2nd Dec 2013, 22:34
WHAT GENRE IS THE GAME?

IS NOSGOTH FREE-TO-PLAY?

Yes, Nosgoth is a Free-To-Play game. We made the decision to go to free-to-play to break down barriers and let as many players into the game as possible. Nosgoth is NOT 'Pay-2-Win' - One of our key goals has been to create a fair experience that doesn't penalise players who don’t spend money in the game.

that being said we will just have to agree to disagree..

Sorry I might be misunderstanding your original post, but just wanted to clarify that this game is not an MMO, so there is not much of this game that you can really compare to games like WoW or Final Fantasy etc :)

RtOoyS
2nd Dec 2013, 22:58
i have played all LoK more than ten times, and not just the new one BO1, SR1, SR2, BO2, and the Defiance, from playing this game first time i see it not like a spin-off, more like spin-off of a spin-off... and i think this game is too faar in development to make changes to have a look like an actual game in a realm of nosgoth and i mean realm of nosgoth not only borrowed name and history for creatures, or maybe it is nosgoth 20 thousands years later after events from SR1 and with alternate timeline, but to be strictly when it is more like this there cannot be Razielim there LOL.... and this why i think that this name for a game is only to lure the fans of a LoK series, and that was a great deciosion because without that i will not sign to the beta tests and maybe never dowload this game when it is already finisched... i will play becouse this game have a good potencial but when they wanna do something in Realm of Nosgoth, fans like me will always have a problem, but this is good prognosis for a future, maybe will be made something that realy coresponds with the LoK series or actual Nosgoth like it was made, maybe the other story or no story but wanna see something from Nosgoth (Nupraptors Den, Sarafan Stronghold, Avernus Cathedral) you cant say something is in realm of Amerika when you made Buenos Aires as a Capitol of it!!!!! and what about the Spectral realm, that was the most important and characteristik aspect in the LoK series, even when you play Blood Omen you saw the other face of the land from one eye of the skull when you going to confront the Nupraptor

Vampmaster
3rd Dec 2013, 00:17
I've seen a number of people complain about the Razielim still being alive, but it doesn't seem that far fetched that it would take some time to wipe out every single one of them. How quickly did you imagine it would have happened?

Lomonop
3rd Dec 2013, 11:35
Sorry I might be misunderstanding your original post, but just wanted to clarify that this game is not an MMO, so there is not much of this game that you can really compare to games like WoW or Final Fantasy etc :)
Me too, especially after this:

i think it will be more of a skill based, thirdperson, free roam, fighting game..

Thylbanus
12th Dec 2013, 10:52
Hi, I just want to clarify one thing, this game is NOT an MMO
I should probably clarify, this game IS an MMO Game.
Massively
Multiplayer
Game.

An MMO is ANY game that has large amount of players in a single shard that interact with each other, rather than just say 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ... well you get the gist.

There is some sort of assumption that MMO means MMORPG. It does not. So this is absolutely an MMO, just like League of Legends, Marvel Heroes, World of Tanks, Battlestar Galactica Online, Minecraft, WarBirds, Firefall, Dance! Online, Age of Empires Online, and of course World of Warcraft.

As you have posted and reposted, it's the GENRE that's different.

Tube_Reaver
12th Dec 2013, 13:31
I should probably clarify, this game IS an MMO Game.
Massively
Multiplayer
Game.

An MMO is ANY game that has large amount of players in a single shard that interact with each other, rather than just say 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ... well you get the gist.

There is some sort of assumption that MMO means MMORPG. It does not. So this is absolutely an MMO, just like League of Legends, Marvel Heroes, World of Tanks, Battlestar Galactica Online, Minecraft, WarBirds, Firefall, Dance! Online, Age of Empires Online, and of course World of Warcraft.

As you have posted and reposted, it's the GENRE that's different.

Hi,

Not to derail this thread, but I thought I should reply here (you have 3 posts or so stating the above so I'll just reply here :D).

First of all the link you used
http://legacyofkain.net/ isn't entirely correct in the statement that this game is an MMO.

It is a multiplayer pvp game
as stated in the FAQ section of this site

http://www.nosgoth.com/faq

WHAT GENRE IS THE GAME?

Games such as Counter Strike, Quake Arena, CoD, Battlefield etc are all classified as FPS, and not MMO FPS.
If you want an example of an MMO FPS then Planetside 1 and 2 are good examples, huge open continents, that are in constant struggle with hundreds and thousands of players playing simultaneously, it's not match based.
Also LoL is considered a MOBA not an MMO, and it too is match based.

If people call this game an MMO others might assume that gameplay wise it'll be an open world game with quests and raiding and you can pick one of two factions (i.e. WoW) or they assume it'll be a huge maps, with hundreds if not thousands of players on the same server fighting all at once (i.e. Planetside 2)

And as you stated, MMO is any game that has a large number of players interacting on a shard/server. However Nosgoth is a match based game, with small teams of two that are pitted against each other (think TF2). There is nothing massive about that. (I am not complaining, I prefer it this way)

However in the end, let's agree to disagree on this. :)

Back on topic:
So all in all Nosgoth may not be the direct sequel we all want that ends the story, but it is shaping up to be a fun, interesting and entertaining game.
I mean I have to admit when playing through the LoK games, I always wanted to play as part of the other clans, and fight off humans, and this game delivers on that. Add to that the fact that I can play this with/against friends? I see no downsides, especially with the lore blogs which are amazing imo.

Psyonix has my vote for sure. :thumb:

Vampmaster
12th Dec 2013, 13:57
This the definition I looked up earlier today:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/MMO

What I think happened is that it used to specifically mean "game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world", but it's come to just mean any online game over the years since it first started being used. If we're going to say that, we might as well just call it an MO.

It's kind of like the word 'irony'. When I looked it up years ago, I thought it only meant situational irony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony#Situational_irony) and was very confused when people on the forums started telling me I was wrong and that it only meant sarcasm. It turned out that both were valid and it was just that no one had bothered to look up the less recent definitions.

Monkeythumbz
12th Dec 2013, 14:07
Nosgoth is not an MMO because it's isn't massively multiplayer.

Is Halo multiplayer an MMO? Well, neither is Nosgoth.

DontFeartheReaver
14th Dec 2013, 09:14
i have played all LoK more than ten times, and not just the new one BO1, SR1, SR2, BO2, and the Defiance, from playing this game first time i see it not like a spin-off, more like spin-off of a spin-off... and i think this game is too faar in development to make changes to have a look like an actual game in a realm of nosgoth and i mean realm of nosgoth not only borrowed name and history for creatures, or maybe it is nosgoth 20 thousands years later after events from SR1 and with alternate timeline, but to be strictly when it is more like this there cannot be Razielim there LOL.... and this why i think that this name for a game is only to lure the fans of a LoK series, and that was a great deciosion because without that i will not sign to the beta tests and maybe never dowload this game when it is already finisched... i will play becouse this game have a good potencial but when they wanna do something in Realm of Nosgoth, fans like me will always have a problem, but this is good prognosis for a future, maybe will be made something that realy coresponds with the LoK series or actual Nosgoth like it was made, maybe the other story or no story but wanna see something from Nosgoth (Nupraptors Den, Sarafan Stronghold, Avernus Cathedral) you cant say something is in realm of Amerika when you made Buenos Aires as a Capitol of it!!!!! and what about the Spectral realm, that was the most important and characteristik aspect in the LoK series, even when you play Blood Omen you saw the other face of the land from one eye of the skull when you going to confront the Nupraptor

As a fan of the old games, I disagree. I've been running on fumes for years with this series (mostly by coasting along in the fanfiction.net postings and deviantart creations) and to see a game finally be added that at least gets the tone of the original series is incredibly exciting. You seem to focus a lot on the look and feel of gameplay from the old games. Perhaps that is where we differ. It was never about the gameplay for me, it was about the lore behind the game. There's such a surreal, nihilistic and complex mythology built around the old games that it sucks you right into it. The characters are unique and the land and creatures are wonderfully old world fantasy. I couldn't care less what style of gameplay it is. It could be a version of monopoly for all I care. Honestly, once I hit my twenties my patience for games wore thin anyway. But I anxiously look forward to the tidbits, scenery and pieces of lore I get to see once I can download the game.

Also, there can actually be Razielim in this timeframe. It was never quite said when they were exterminated. I like that they have added them in there.