PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS Trap suggestion

cmstache
1st Dec 2013, 16:50
When using trap, currently, you can fly over it with a sentinel and nothing happens. This occurs even if it's in a doorway (the same path you would take if you ran near it.) Since it seems to be activated by a player walking near it and not on it can we adjust the activation to extend upwards a little bit, so if a player standing near a trap gets kidnapped then the trap activates (harming both the kidnapper and the kidnappee if they are both in range ofc.)

Strike5150
2nd Dec 2013, 10:11
You can actually pop traps with a sentinal. I do this regularly to prevent my team from eating the trap damage. The activation time on the trap is about 1sec??? not sure really but its slow enough that I can dive past with a sentinal and avoid the damage, thus "popping" the trap.

I like that this is possible, you shouldn't be able to use every skill in every situation. Traps you lay on the ground are not designed to kill birds but things walking on it :).

cmstache
3rd Dec 2013, 00:40
Another thing I've noticed. The delay for it to activate is pretty long, half the time the vampires walk out of the range before it activates.

hirukaru
3rd Dec 2013, 11:45
You can actually pop traps with a sentinal. I do this regularly to prevent my team from eating the trap damage. The activation time on the trap is about 1sec??? not sure really but its slow enough that I can dive past with a sentinal and avoid the damage, thus "popping" the trap.

I like that this is possible, you shouldn't be able to use every skill in every situation. Traps you lay on the ground are not designed to kill birds but things walking on it :).

Same with the tyrant Strike.

@Cmstrache, this sometimes happens if you work as a team and are able to stop the vampire near the trap it would do some nice damage (TIP: use traps in houses not outdoors)

lucinvampire
3rd Dec 2013, 13:31
Ok...I'm going to sound really stupid here (yes I know nothing new) - but please can someon explain what are you guys on about? There is the ability to trap in the game? How? What? Where? When? Who?!?!?!...maybe this is something I'm yet to discover :D ta muchly

Strike5150
3rd Dec 2013, 13:41
It is a skill, and it drops a "trap". The trap works like a proximity mine. Perhaps that would be a better name :P. The scout has this skill.

lucinvampire
3rd Dec 2013, 13:47
Thank you - thank you - thank you Strike for the explanation - it makes a lot more sense now! I had images of a Reaver being held upside by a bit of rope wrapped around his leg and everyone taking shots at him for a laugh :D
...going to have to investigate this :D

cmstache
3rd Dec 2013, 18:18
Same with the tyrant Strike.

@Cmstrache, this sometimes happens if you work as a team and are able to stop the vampire near the trap it would do some nice damage (TIP: use traps in houses not outdoors)

Doorways and rooms are always the preferred place. If it was just a tyrant running or the sentinel I can understand, but I lose count of how many times even a tyrant normal speed when attacking gets it out of range before it activates. Maybe leaving the activation time the same but adding a little more activation range on the ground would help?

That's nifty with popping them btw.

hirukaru
3rd Dec 2013, 23:28
Yes I agree on that Cmstache,

You have to hope you got a warbow and stop them right on the trap.
Or hope they dont see it or place it on a place they cant escape when they start charging in.