PDA

View Full Version : I had such high hopes for this game...

Capn Birdseye
5th Oct 2007, 05:41
I know these threads have been done to death, but hey, whats one more? maybe someone will get the hint.

I AM your target audience. Late twenties, young professional with a decent disposable income, avid gamer, loyal follower of your Hitman series and other eidos games.

It seems this game was made for me, and I would have been quite happy to put a pre order down with little more than your name and a bit of info on the subject matter.

However, for some silly reason, you have decided to not include online co op.

Offline is all well and good, but my friend and I planned to buy this game and play through it online. Unlike some of the flamers that will reply to this, we actually have stuff to do on the weekend, so would rather play it over xbox live on weekdays.

My friend has already decided to not buy your game, and I am thinking twice about buying it because of all the other games coming out at the same time, and as a little form of protest ;)

Why? surely the amount of money you are spending up on movie deals and competitions could be better directed to implementing such a basic feature. You already have offline co op. The game includes two protagonists. Whats the problem? Pull ya poverbial fingers out and implement online co op already! :)

Jeron
5th Oct 2007, 08:13
1) This game was made for me.
2) Hamachi

Stoned_Raider
12th Oct 2007, 03:39
I'm buying this game no doubt, and have been creating hype for it all over x-box live, with great response. I was going to buy it previously just because of it's singleplayer experience. I love all the hitman games and still play Blood Money till this day. But now that i've heard of the amazing fragile alliance online mode, I am really looking forward to this game:nut: And so is everyone online i've explained it too. More bang for my buck, it sounds fantastic! I only hope it's a dedicated server, because i hate lag. And last WHO THE FU*K CARES ABOUE ONLINE CO-OP, I DON'T. Singleplayer will be amazing, and now so will the mulitplayer, period.

silentassasin24
14th Oct 2007, 06:59
yeah man who cares about online coop, the offline coop and online fragile alliance is enough for me, i just hope they dont push it back because of all these people complaining about no online coop, i think its going to be awesome just the way it is. :).

Fleur de Lys
20th Oct 2007, 10:00
Hey man, you can play FA with your freind now. IOI said that it's an improved way of playing coop. And you're playing levels from the single player.

UndeadGunslinger
27th Oct 2007, 01:39
Yeah, I too was a tad disheartened when I heard there was no online co-op. Though, I can't hold it against Eidos or IO seeing how they never really promised such a feature (unlike those A-Holes at Midway who hyped it up with their damn Blacksite >_<).

Still, what is more fun than having your buddy sit beside you like a real life Kane and Lynch XD ...Perhaps someone who actually is into games like this perhaps but I'm sure I've got a friend or two who is :) (one who loved Freedom Fighters so theres a plus).

So yeah, no online co-op is a downer but perhaps the inevitable sequel will have such.

Owenh92
27th Oct 2007, 17:26
Sorry to say.. i was really looking forward to the online co-op also, it was number one on my christmas list..But I just found out that it doesnt have co-op, and that is why i just decided not to get this game and just wait for Army of Two.

What i cant understand is why they would'nt put it in, it is called "Kane and Lynch"... u would think there would be. Well.. o well is all i can say.

Fully
28th Oct 2007, 17:57
This game was supposed to be great and I couldnt wait to buy it ... but now this game failed to deliver what was expected of it. If this is a single player co-op game whatever that means then why make an achievement for playing the entire game in co-op (splitscreen)???

Not bashing the game or developers but if you cant give me a reason for not having online co-op as a game mode. Then why should anyone support this game if you fail to respond to the fans and communtiy.

Looks like most of the entire online players wont be playing Fragile Alliance and would of rather had online co-op. Looks like Call of Duty 4 will be on the top for the month of November.

Fully
28th Oct 2007, 18:00
I'm buying this game no doubt, and have been creating hype for it all over x-box live, with great response. I was going to buy it previously just because of it's singleplayer experience. I love all the hitman games and still play Blood Money till this day. But now that i've heard of the amazing fragile alliance online mode, I am really looking forward to this game:nut: And so is everyone online i've explained it too. More bang for my buck, it sounds fantastic! I only hope it's a dedicated server, because i hate lag. And last WHO THE FU*K CARES ABOUE ONLINE CO-OP, I DON'T. Singleplayer will be amazing, and now so will the mulitplayer, period.

You can lie to yourself but we will see how long you actually play Fragile alliance. Post your gamertag and I promise youll play it for a week or achievment whore the online achieves and stop playing before you go back to a truly great game.

Jeron
28th Oct 2007, 21:30
You obviously don't belong on this forum.

This game (http://mario.nintendo.com/) is more suited for you.

Unstoppable
1st Nov 2007, 02:09
Well you're getting the game for holiday season. You can look at gears and say yes it has online co-op. However you have to pay for it. Also gears isn't very long at all.

rl2000
15th Nov 2007, 12:12
Well, all I can say is I was going to buy this game to play coop with a friend who lives a good while away, we had plans on playing coop at night.

This looks to be one of the games where coop is a nobrainer even if it was just LAN, I could work around that, but come on, splitscreen? what the hell?

for me: no mp coop, no buy

cptalbertwesker
15th Nov 2007, 12:53
So maybe there should have been an online co-op but it's not really going to detract that many gamers, I just wish co-op could be done on the one view, as opposed to split screen, which is -granted- fairly impossible, but in my opinion would have been awesome.

I'm buying it for the game itself, if I wanted to buy a game for amazing co-op I'd either wait for army of two or gears of war... which I really couldn't care for