PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Kane & Lynch 2 already in production !!

NightRain'06
5th Oct 2007, 02:26
Hi. I'm sorry if someone was eventually going to post this but I couldn't help it. I found it today through a game news site I visit frequently so I HAD (and also thought it was my duty as an Eidos messageboard member. :) ) to create a thread just for this exciting news. I know those of us that are eager to buy the original- when it's released- all wondered or were almost 100% positive that there will be a sequel since judging by watching gameplay videos and trailers of the original, it looks insanely awesome ! But now it's in print as proof-- so wonder no more folks !

Go Eidos and IO Interactives !!! :D :thumbsup:

Here's the link to the small article.

Kane & Lynch 2 ~ already in production (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173119)

So what does everyone think of this tactic - them already making a sequel even before the first one hits retail shelves ? Now THAT'S optimism !
Plus, as the article says, they invested more money into marketing this than even Tomb Raider series. :eek:

By the way, I'm normally on TR boards but when I first heard news of Dead Men game several months ago, and that it was from the developers of Hitman series, it became a must-have game in my mind. So when I have DM, you'll probably see me here occasionally or semi-frequently. Hehe..... :whistle:

sublime90
6th Oct 2007, 16:18
wow thats crazy. i can just imagine how intense the sequel will be. the first isnt even out yet and a movie and sequel are allready planned.

Mike_B
6th Oct 2007, 16:27
So what does everyone think of this tactic - them already making a sequel even before the first one hits retail shelves ? Now THAT'S optimism !
Plus, as the article says, they invested more money into marketing this than even Tomb Raider series. :eek:

It's not uncommon for sequals to be in some stage of producion. I assume that in the last months the main concern is marketing and bugfixing. I guess that the creative team can then go back to the drawing board. I remember reading with Commandos and Splintercell that they were working on a sequel too. I've only saw those in interviews after the game was released though.

Eidos must be really confident if they basicly already announce the sequel. Epic games for instance refuses to talk about a sequel of gears of war being in the work although everyone pretty much assumes that with the success they're working on it.

Jeron
6th Oct 2007, 20:13
I think they made one big game in the early phases of the project. Storyboards, level architecture, maybe even the voice-overs already.

And then they take a part of that and make part1 of the series.
And while few men are finishing off the later phases of the project, the rest of the team has begun on part2.

That's what I think, or at least something in that area.

Meluiloth
6th Oct 2007, 21:30
Wow.
Well, good to hear there's defiantly a sequel. :D