PDA

View Full Version : IDEA - Thief Epic

tecknomage
4th Oct 2007, 19:55
How many Thief fans would like to see all 3 Thief games re-released in a Thief Epic DVD where 49 missions (from all 3 games) would play sequentially from one game load.

A mega-Thief. It would use the Deadly Shadows engine.

I know, I know, lots of work, but.... :cool:

Peter_Smith
5th Oct 2007, 05:08
I would not like to play T1 and T2 on the Deadly Shadows engine. The TDS engine is too limited and would not accommodate the T1 and T2 missions without destroying them - cutting them up into load zones, preventing swimming, no rope arrows, etc. I much prefer the Dark Engine. Having both T1 and T2 released with the T2 engine and updated textures might be interesting. But then, you need to find someone to do it. Looking Glass studios and Ion Storm Austin are both out of business. I think nobody would go to the trouble because there is too much effort and too little gain. Our best bet now is the continuation of T2 FMs and the coming of The Dark Mod.

Nick Carter Fan
11th Oct 2007, 23:14
How many Thief fans would like to see all 3 Thief games re-released in a Thief Epic DVD where 49 missions (from all 3 games) would play sequentially from one game load.

A mega-Thief. It would use the Deadly Shadows engine.

I know, I know, lots of work, but.... :cool:

I'm afraid I agree with Peter. However, I think it would be really neat if someone was to make Thief 3 in the Thief 2 engine. It would be difficult, of course, but I think would be lots of fun to play...much funnier then playing it in the deadly shadows engine. :P