PDA

View Full Version : Tip For Balikpapan!!!

DeathOfBlades
18th Sep 2007, 04:58
I would have to say this mission is the hardest then it would be enggame at midway. Well the difficulty is Veteran and I keep hearing people having trouble with this mission. So here is easy tips. Once the mission starts turn east for a while just enough to not get in range with the Japanese DD because if you don't get in range with it and, it will basically ignore you and for the PT boat just shoot it with AA but try to turn on all water and try to dodge the torpedoes. Okay once that DD moves west then move down south to the first cargo ship where the PT harbor and fortress is. Once you come in range with the first cargo ship, which is when your blank light with like 1.2 turns to orange. Fire one set of torpedoes. I mean by just press the trigger at that cargo ship once. Don't fire all your torpedoes because 2 is enough and it takes forever to reload torpedoes. Then make a right once you come in range with the fortress. Destroy the fortress and you will be between on all these cargo ships and remember two sets of torps. and don't forget to use you parrots torpedoes also. Don't even bother destroying the PT harbor it just wastes time but if you want to take the risk of destroying it do destroy it but you will have to face 3 PT boat charges if you Don't destroy the Pt harbor but who cares. Just keep destroying the ships once youve fired all of your fletchers torpedoes then tell your fletcher to get out of there and let the parrot finish the rest of the job and your done and the reinforcements haven't even arrived yet.

xgamerms999
20th Sep 2007, 00:08
Check around the forums, I've posted many links for this, I don't remember them, look in the Gen. Forum.

DeathOfBlades
20th Sep 2007, 01:55
Check around the forums, I've posted many links for this, I don't remember them, look in the Gen. Forum.

I'm just asking for comments from people who thought this was helpful. Not someone who wants to show off and wants to be the only person that made this many topics I'm just posting a help for balikpapan my way and if you have a problem then go tell the Admin.

xgamerms999
20th Sep 2007, 19:51
Well excuse me for trying to help! I was simply saying that there are links out there if you are willing to look, I know becuase I posted some (so it isn't a complete waste of time to look). I have no problem with you posting, otherwise I would have stated so. Well, I'm done with this subject, good luck finding what you need.

DeathOfBlades
20th Sep 2007, 23:00
Well excuse me for trying to help! I was simply saying that there are links out there if you are willing to look, I know becuase I posted some (so it isn't a complete waste of time to look). I have no problem with you posting, otherwise I would have stated so. Well, I'm done with this subject, good luck finding what you need.

I don't need anything but multiplayer help that is all.:rasp:

M0n3y
21st Sep 2007, 15:13
Islands of Solomons : if you're in an airfield (Yap side!)launch all zero's with bombs and let em attack the shipyard , the shipyard should be destroyed in an instant and you can use your zero's as fighters then

2 reasons to do :
1: zeros with bombs are way faster than Dive bombers
2: the bombs are doing more damage

crazyhorse128
3rd Oct 2007, 18:16
the bombs are doing more damage

really?

The Yamato
17th Jan 2008, 13:15
I found this mission quite easy and did it on my secound go (on vet difficulty), all I did was use one destroyer to make a diversion to distract the enemy away from the PT shipyard. Then I brought my other destroyer to take the fortress out and everything else for the objectives. But the key and I must say it to:
1. Create a deversion
2. Be quick to take out everything before back up for the japs comes.
Get these two things right and the misssion should be easy.