PDA

View Full Version : Please please PLEASE skirmish mode in BS:M sequel

sandman07
13th Sep 2007, 19:21
Let me just say first how much I appreciate all the hard work Eidos put into producing this game. This is one of the most fun WWII games I've ever played on any platform. Fantastic!

But...

The lack of a melee/skirmish mode in single player, one where you can put together your own fleets and battles, is a *major, huge, enormous, significant* drawback!!! :mad2:

I don't play online -- I have no intention of ever paying Microsoft for the 'privilege' of playing online. I know I'm missing out on some cool online BS:M battles b/c of this, but so be it. From what I read on these forums, it also sounds like there are a lot of crappy online experiences playing w/ people who have no idea what they're doing.

This is why having a skirmish mode in BS:M sequel -- I hope there will be one! -- is *so* important. While lots of fans of this game do play online, I'm sure there are lots who don't and who are frustrated by how limited BS:M is without the open-endedness of skirmish play. I honestly wish Eidos hadn't put so much energy into producing the Henry Walker narrative -- which is visually impressive but patently idiotic as stories go ("Donald is dead!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" gimme a break -- this gives Ben Afleck and "Pearl Harbor" a run for their money in terms of pure, concentrated badness) -- and instead put that energy into producing open-ended campaign & skirmish modes.

Anyway, just a big wishlist item from a fan of the game who hopes to see future versions released.

crazyhorse128
13th Sep 2007, 20:28
basically if you read the general discussion then we all moan and groan for this

VTROOPER
13th Sep 2007, 21:29
thats fact

sandman07
14th Sep 2007, 15:27
I guess adding another voice to the chorus never hurts, esp. if it leads to a change in the sequel.

Has there been any word on whether there definitely will be a BS:M sequel?

VTROOPER
14th Sep 2007, 21:52
i dont know ask chip

crazyhorse128
14th Sep 2007, 22:12
I guess adding another voice to the chorus never hurts, esp. if it leads to a change in the sequel.

Has there been any word on whether there definitely will be a BS:M sequel?

as far as i know then the answer is no

M0n3y
16th Sep 2007, 08:04
well the sequel is comming(in a 10 months- year?)
and if you read everything you can see this:

MOST important things for BSM2(or BS2...)
1:Skirmish mode...

i think skirmish mode is in it

VTROOPER
16th Sep 2007, 10:59
and a map editor or i wont get it.

sandman07
16th Sep 2007, 18:14
well the sequel is comming(in a 10 months- year?)
and if you read everything you can see this:

MOST important things for BSM2(or BS2...)
1:Skirmish mode...

i think skirmish mode is in it

That's good to hear -- thanks for the info. :cool:

M0n3y
17th Sep 2007, 15:36
ur welcome sandman :D

xgamerms999
20th Sep 2007, 00:10
Honestly, skirmish isn't on my list, but anyways, silver is free xbox live, use that to play.