PDA

View Full Version : Genius Speed Wheel 3/Wheel Problem

SpeedKing
10th Sep 2007, 00:21
Hi all,

My son just purchased a brand new Genuis Speed Wheel 3, hoping that he could play his Ford Bold Moves Street Racing game, but there is no way to get this steering wheel working!!
His computer is running Windows XP Pro S.P.2 and he is trying to play using the Administrator profile, but no go!
I can get the wheel calibrated in the Windows "Game Controller" Control Panel and even went as far as setting all the game controls using the "Game Configuration" utility without any glitches.
But once in the game, nothing responds. No steering, no brakes, no accelerator pedal...
I tried every USB port on the PC but it didn't help.

Does anyone have suggestions?

SpeedKing
11th Sep 2007, 02:11
Well, I logged-in to XP using my profile which has admin privileges and I could play "Ford Bold Moves Street Racing" using the Genius Steering wheel. It must be some permission on the folder, although Administrator should have all priv's.
So I granted my son's profile Admin priv's and the steering wheel still refused to respond.
Conclusion: My workaround is to let my son login using my profile, so I gave him my password and now he's happy.

Hi all,

My son just purchased a brand new Genuis Speed Wheel 3, hoping that he could play his Ford Bold Moves Street Racing game, but there is no way to get this steering wheel working!!
His computer is running Windows XP Pro S.P.2 and he is trying to play using the Administrator profile, but no go!
I can get the wheel calibrated in the Windows "Game Controller" Control Panel and even went as far as setting all the game controls using the "Game Configuration" utility without any glitches.
But once in the game, nothing responds. No steering, no brakes, no accelerator pedal...
I tried every USB port on the PC but it didn't help.

Does anyone have suggestions?