PDA

View Full Version : Good news

swiftfox2.0
7th Sep 2007, 03:13
Blood Omen 2 is available for free play on Gametap.com.

Tell your friends and get people interested in Legacy of Kain!

Hound
10th Sep 2007, 12:54
I'm checking that out right away :)

Irmok the Mad
10th Sep 2007, 17:57
Free until sept 20.

Which makes me think to myself, "What kind of software gets installed that prevents me from playing it beyond the 20th?"

I'd hate to say it but I think Gametap's free limited time game offers is just a way to get some corporate adware or spyware installed on people's PC's.

I once tried a 72 hour trial of R6: Rogue Spear and after the trial was over, after the thing was uninstalled, after I thought I completely removed all entities of the game there was still remnents of software that MONITORS your PC for the presence of the game. To me, and quite possibly a few others, this is called unwanted resource wasting malware.

Just my 2 cents...

Hound
11th Sep 2007, 12:11
Hmm I was about to go and get it from GameTap but like you said, Irmok the Mad, it does sound like a trap. It's not like an actual demo and I think I'd rather buy the real game or download a real demo rather than having malware installed on my computer.

dragonfly2
16th Sep 2007, 19:25
Free until sept 20.

Which makes me think to myself, "What kind of software gets installed that prevents me from playing it beyond the 20th?"

I'd hate to say it but I think Gametap's free limited time game offers is just a way to get some corporate adware or spyware installed on people's PC's.

I once tried a 72 hour trial of R6: Rogue Spear and after the trial was over, after the thing was uninstalled, after I thought I completely removed all entities of the game there was still remnents of software that MONITORS your PC for the presence of the game. To me, and quite possibly a few others, this is called unwanted resource wasting malware.

Just my 2 cents...

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info. Besides do we really know it's eidos approved anyways. Could be a pirated game too and I don't support such things. If it's free whats the catch.

ashleycurtis
11th Jul 2008, 04:48
Wow! That sounds cool! Thanks for the info.

Background Check Report (http://www.backgroundcheckreporter.com) | Free Background Checks (http://www.detectiveunlimited.com) | Sex Offenders (http://www.sex-offenders.info.com)

Graz'zt
11th Jul 2008, 23:36
They have Defiance on there as well. For the most part it's a pay site so most of the games you have you have to play to play them, this is how they are able to pay Eidos to use their games. It may be malware or it may just simply bring up a page that says "subscription ended pay such and such to continue play". As I said be fore they have a few free games, but you have to be a member of gametap to play the majority of games, it may just be a way to test out games before they add them to their permenant site.:confused:

The_Hylden
12th Jul 2008, 06:18
Blood Omen 2 is free to play still. There was no trap:p Also free to play from Eidos is Tomb Raider: Legend (which surprised me), a couple of the Hitmans (though the first doesn't work with XP or Vista), and even Dues Ex. Oh, and one of the Thief games. Defiance and SR2 are part of the Gold package you'd have to pay for, along with Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Hitman: Blood Money. I am sure others also, but I haven't checked in a bit, as I don't have a gold account anyway. I was playing some Second Sight on there, but then my copy of Mass Effect came ... and then life obligations negated that for a bit too, lol

RainaAudron
13th Jul 2008, 14:36
thanks for the info guys, I would like to get BO2...I downloaded the file, but is it really for free?
I read the license agreement and I am not quite sure..

The_Hylden
14th Jul 2008, 00:47
It's for free.

Linikratyo
26th Jul 2008, 19:08
just buy it or let your friends borrow the game......