PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS Alc flashbangs

Oroibahazopi
29th Nov 2013, 20:10
They seem to last way too long for their aoe, it's total blindness nothing like the Reaver nade. And also the Reaver nade has a detonation delay.

Also why did you design it to work though walls and floors? Like wth.

hirukaru
29th Nov 2013, 22:02
Dear Oroibahazopi,

I notice you are a bit upset to the fact the lightning vial works throught walls and floors, this is probably a bug that you could have reported.
The way you report it now can be a little offensive. Remember you are playing an Alpha.

The issue about total blindness is because vampires cannot stand bright lights and for that reason they are fully blinded. (Let your auto aim and you gut tell you where to attack or run) (it is also a direct AOE)

The smoke will never cause total blindness cause it is a duration AOE, did you ever stand in a thick cloud of smoke outside and be fully blinded?
The wall of smoke cannot be thick enough cause there is wind etc. So I think the dark part is good because even though there is no wind in this game. It does take it into account in some other way.

I will place the Light vial part in the known bugs list thanks for reporting.

My regards.

Oroibahazopi
29th Nov 2013, 22:08
Whether real life vampires are totally blinded by bright lights or not is not relevant to a balance discussion.

I have assumed that since the weapon was the default and that this game had been played for so long that it was intentional to go through walls and ceilings. I may be mistaken but the main point of the post is that total blindness for such a long time is horrible.

Oroibahazopi
30th Nov 2013, 00:25
I can confirm it works through walls and ceilings.

Lomonop
30th Nov 2013, 16:05
Whether real life vampires are totally blinded by bright lights or not is not relevant to a balance discussion.
I think it's no ballance issue. The function of the sunlight vail is different from the smoke bomb. The smoke bomb is to divide groups of humans and a bit to make sure you're not seen while attacking. The sunlight vial is for escaping.
Also, doesn't the smoke bomb blind you for about the same time if you keep standing in the cloud?

Oroibahazopi
30th Nov 2013, 16:33
With the smoke bomb you can still see the terrain.

hirukaru
30th Nov 2013, 17:47
I think it's no ballance issue. The function of the sunlight vail is different from the smoke bomb. The smoke bomb is to divide groups of humans and a bit to make sure you're not seen while attacking. The sunlight vial is for escaping.
Also, doesn't the smoke bomb blind you for about the same time if you keep standing in the cloud?

The smoke bomb takes away around 80% of your vision when inside the AOE.

I think the issue is not if there is a disbalance, but just that the vial is so strong.
My own opinion is that it is good, I never really got killed by getting hit by the sunlight.

(When using it I mostly get killed by vampires)

Oroibahazopi
30th Nov 2013, 18:16
Flashbang, fire nade then dodge into your opponent and start sprinting. It's pretty easy and you will do a decent amount of damage if you're in a tight space with stuff the vamp gets caught on.

I wouldn't mind them so much if I could see the terrain around me so I can orient myself properly. Or if they had a pre activation delay so you can actually start getting away before the whiteout.