PDA

View Full Version : Co-op

Zohaib
28th Aug 2007, 19:24
Before this is deleted i understand theres been many threads on this, but since they promise co-op in the Xbox360, and ps3, how the hell are they going to deliver it onto the PC, all i'm saying is for PC they better develop an online co-op if they hope to preserve their online customers. Otherwise no ones going to pay money for a single-player game if you kno what i mean.

Meluiloth
29th Aug 2007, 18:51
LOL @ "no ones going to pay money for a single-player game". :lol:

Jazi
29th Aug 2007, 23:27
LOL @ "no ones going to pay money for a single-player game". :lol:

LOLOLOL, hilarious.

It probably came out wrong, but what I think he means is that cooperative gameplay appeals to many gamers, and more people that own computers would buy the game.

This is a very professional forum, seriously "lolling" makes you look pretty childish here.

Zohaib
29th Aug 2007, 23:43
anyways i was saying is if they have co-op on every other console they're going to have to make it co-op through the PC too. i hope :o

Johnny Neat
4th Oct 2007, 21:07
I was under the belief that co-op had evolved onto the internet, guess I was wrong from what I've been reading and hearing lately about this game. Online co-op should have been a major consideration for a game like this. I can't see multiplayer working for this IP sadly. Co-op campaign is really where it's at here.

I think this will become a solo campaign like game for me and that's sad. Why do too many games miss just one obvious thing that could make them near perfect? I think if this game drops without online co-op campaign it will fumble on a major play. Haven't games like Gears of War and Halo 3 proven that online co-op/multiplayer options is where it's at for a game to have a longer shelf life and bring in more players? Please, someone, tell me things have changed for the better!

Arsh
5th Oct 2007, 07:09
I'm kind of tired at this point about 75% of people complaining that there is no on-line co-op. I don't really have anything against any of you, but I am seriously tired.

Yes, I know, they did not implement online co-op. But why is that so terrible? Bioshock doesn't have online anything... yet that's hugely successful, and it's just a single player campaign.

Games don't always need online stuff. For me, personally, if the single player mode is done brilliantly, I don't give a **** about the online stuff.

And look, there will be a 'Kane & Lynch 2' (God willing)... they will probably implement online co-op for that.

The reason I'm gonna get this game is the story. It's gonna tell a brilliant story, coupled with visceral and brutal action. Great story, gameplay, good visuals, sound. There'll be offline co-op. That's still good, because I can actually go hang out with my friends and play. I understand that some people don't have the time for that, and it's easier over PSN or Live. KL2 will probably have online co-op, so don't be turned off of Kane & Lynch. But this game still comes with multiplayer, and it actually sounds quite intriguing, this 'Fragile Alliance' bit.

Everyone, just make your peace with the fact that the first game in this series will not have online co-op. But the second game probably will (you can always hope).

I'm getting this game because I want a brilliant single player experience. To date, IO has not let me down. I believe in them. Based on everything I have seen, I'm gonna get that brilliant single player experience I'm craving.

Just my two cents... or like 50 cents in this case.

Jeron
5th Oct 2007, 08:17
The reason I'm gonna get this game is the story. It's gonna tell a brilliant story, coupled with visceral and brutal action. Great story, gameplay, good visuals, sound.

Everyone, just make your peace with the fact that the first game in this series will not have online co-op. But the second game probably will (you can always hope).

I second that!

Also Hamachi.

Johnny Neat
5th Oct 2007, 13:27
Bioshock doesn't have online anything... yet that's hugely successful, and it's just a single player campaign.
Look I'm not going to go and attack your opinion, because I see where you're going or went with it and in a sense I agree. I just have to point out to at least the Bioshock reference because it is a good example of how some games shouldn't have online (co-op) modes to a them but Kane & Lynch should. Bioshock, for example, is a good example of a game that is not meant to be a multiplayer game and I'm not referring to it by design so much as common sense. You have no partners or any given reason to do a multiplayer game off of that IP and I'm glad 2K games has a crew of people with some level of common sense. That game was more story oriented, this game is more action oriented or better yet "A buddy game/flick" like Gears of War or Army of Two for example. Even a game like Halo could pull it off like Gears (or rather vice versa) because of what those IPs are about. In this case it makes little, if that, or any sense to over look an online co-op campaign mode given what this IP (K&L) is about. Stranglehold is a good example of a game that is action oriented towards an obvious single player action because of the IP materiel. Now for a game like that to have an online multiplayer mode is ridiculous, this also applies to Kane & lynch. Sometimes adding something for the sake of adding it is retarded and for some odd reason my spider senses are telling me this is a bad marketing move. With all of that said, again, this game is meant for co-op campaign not multiplayer battle. I'm just going to have to hope it's a competently designed single player game and that DLC (Down-Loadable Content) for the 360 for online co-op is added sooner than later no matter how doubtful. K&L 2? Let's hope this (K&L 1) is good before jumping for joy.

Jeron
5th Oct 2007, 14:29
K&L is more story oriented than Bioshock!

The co-op mode is the core of the game. It's meant to be played with 2 players. It's single player second.

Check your 'spider-senses', right now it's on spiderpig-sense mode.

Johnny Neat
5th Oct 2007, 16:44
K&L is more story oriented than Bioshock!

The co-op mode is the core of the game. It's meant to be played with 2 players. It's single player second.

Check your 'spider-senses', right now it's on spiderpig-sense mode.

That Kane & Lynch has a story is one thing but it's without argument leaning more towards the action/shooter genre (Stranglehold = Action/Shooter game) than anything and it's not adventure, which automatically has to be and is story driven, ala Bioshock (An adventure game).

My spider senses are working fine and I'm sensing something bad is in the thought process of whomever it was that struck down online Co-op from this IP. I also fear with this solid winter lineup of game releases it will weaken and lose sales because of this "Pink Slip" decision.

Now is it at least safe to say that you and I agree on Kane and Lynch being a Co-op game in all sense of the word, period... and not a multiplayer shooter.

spiderpig

I think you mean Spider-Ham (Peter Benjamin Porker) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Ham)?

Arsh
6th Oct 2007, 01:27
Well, I understand your point, Johnny, and I do respect it. I appreciate that you rationally pointed it out instead of flaming like I've seen others do.

For me, online co-op, or the lack thereof, isn't a make-it-or-break-it deal. For you, it may be. It's understandable.

Nevertheless, you do make a valid point in regards to Bioshock being designed from the ground up as a single player game, as well as Kane & Lynch being somewhat different.

Jeron, I would not say that Kane & Lynch is more story-oriented than Bioshock. Both offer a great story, but deliver them in radically different ways (from what I've seen)

Jeron
6th Oct 2007, 06:37
Nope, spiderpig from the simpson movie.

But when I played Bioshock, it felt more like a arcade shooter a la call of duty to me. 't was a bit like a mix between COD and dark messiah. The story was indeed of an extremely high level, it was the only thing that kept me going, gameplay was boring the shyte out of me. Except the endboss, he must be the best endboss level in years of all the games I've played.

Johnny Neat
8th Oct 2007, 13:38
Well, I understand your point, Johnny, and I do respect it. I appreciate that you rationally pointed it out instead of flaming like I've seen others do.

For me, online co-op, or the lack thereof, isn't a make-it-or-break-it deal. For you, it may be. It's understandable.

Nevertheless, you do make a valid point in regards to Bioshock being designed from the ground up as a single player game, as well as Kane & Lynch being somewhat different.

Jeron, I would not say that Kane & Lynch is more story-oriented than Bioshock. Both offer a great story, but deliver them in radically different ways (from what I've seen)

You're welcome, I can discuss this rationally.

Look I just want someone on top to say, "This obviously needs to have what it was intended to have and be about because gamers who dug our idea believe it is a core part of what they liked about it, even if that were to mean us offering a DLC for it on LIVE and eventually on Sony's network and PC... unless you guys want to put in some over time."

But anyhow I'm not saying I'm never playing the game, cuss that's a lie, it just won't be on my first to do/play list if it drops minus online co-op. Even a game I'm having extreme reservations over, Sloppy EA's "Army of Two", just got bumped due to this over sight.

I wanted to share a quote from Jens-Peter Kurup from April's Issue of Gameinformer on Kane & Lynch and co-op.

Kurup - "Kane & Lynch differs from most single-player and co-op games in the way that the game is 'born' as co-op."

So what happened? Besides having led us to believe that the game would have shipped in June of this year, now November, apparently we lost the focus of co-op as well, which should and would normally and typically mean online with optional, if extra lucky, offline co-op. I don't know or believe in any multiplayer for this IP. Although if done right, it could become a realistic gears of war type game, which I doubt. online Co-op is the way to go, PERIOD. Now let me see if this Hamachi thingy works for xbox 360. Although I have a terribly sad itch that that is only for PC gaming.

Nope, spiderpig from the simpson movie.

But when I played Bioshock, it felt more like a arcade shooter a la call of duty to me. 't was a bit like a mix between COD and dark messiah. The story was indeed of an extremely high level, it was the only thing that kept me going, gameplay was boring the shyte out of me. Except the endboss, he must be the best endboss level in years of all the games I've played.

I got ya, Spiderpig... Sorry mate, haven't seen the Simpsons movie. Anyhow agreed, Bioshock's story is NICE and could and should make a cool film. Plus, yeah, the fighting was BORING in that game. I liked the vibe of it all and the ideas, like the end boss was cool, even if too easy. Big Daddy's were tougher. I mean, "what?!"