PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Hello to everyone who was on the European servers today

blincoln
28th Nov 2013, 21:49
Since today is a holiday in the US, I was able to play during "the other window" for the first time. I already knew this game was outstanding, but it is even more so when there are so many other people to play with. I saw a lot of names that were familiar from the forum, even though it was the first time playing with/against you.

I'm going to make it my mission now to try to recruit more players here in the US for the alpha, based on how much fun I had today.

Hopefully during the beta the windows will be longer or the servers will be up at all times so that it's more common for people from the two sides of the planet to be able to play together? :)

In case anyone is curious, I use Where Silence Holds Sway as my Steam account name (although I'm sure that will elicit groans from a few of you that were in the first few matches I played a couple of weeks ago :)).

RainaAudron
28th Nov 2013, 21:56
It was really great playing with you Ben, hopefully we can stumble upon each other more times :) Yeah, I can´t wait until the servers are on for longer times as well.

blincoln
28th Nov 2013, 22:05
You too, Raina (and Lucy)! :)

Oroibahazopi
28th Nov 2013, 22:36
Sup, think I played with/against you a bit. The username rings a bell.

lucinvampire
29th Nov 2013, 10:06
It was great to have you with us last night :D it’s just a shame we didn’t get to play more games together – or get everyone in one game.
Thank you for killing me lots when we were against each other lol
What was the lag like playing from the US on the EU servers?
It is so good we can play on the other servers – thank you for letting us know this can be done – and it’ll be interesting to play on the US ones tonight instead of the EU ones and see the difference :D

Oroibahazopi
29th Nov 2013, 14:26
I played a bit on the US testing period and the lag was noticeable, but not too bad. Mainly because most weapons are hitscan so it doesn't really matter.

blincoln
29th Nov 2013, 15:46
Hi Lucy and Oroibahazopi :).

Yes, Oroibahazopi, I recognize your name too - I think we were in one or two games near the end of the window.

Lucy, for the most part everything worked fine. I did experience lag two or three times, but it was only when someone hit the push to talk button, so I think the added voice traffic was too much for my connection. Other than that, I didn't notice any difference in terms of the way the game played.

lucinvampire
29th Nov 2013, 16:23
Ok thanks for the info it's good to know what to expect and how things play across the oceans - we'll see how I manage later then :D