PDA

View Full Version : Great to see a new game in the Conflict Series

Godfather77
17th Aug 2007, 17:34
I am a huge fan of the Conflict Series and can't express enough how great it is to see another game being made in this series. :) :cool:

I know it may be early days but is there any more infromation on this new project? When is it planned for release, will it be released for PC and console and if so which ones. Also what kind of things can we expect in this new game?

Sle7en
21st Aug 2007, 00:18
We too were great fans of the series, having completed all 4 and continue to enjoy GS online, but this is NOT a continuation of the series and we are disappointed at this news.

It bears no relation to the original format so how can it be the same game, just cashing in on an already established series of games that has a good following and if you've not got the latest console it's goodbye from Conflict.

mac7654321
21st Aug 2007, 21:12
I too an a big fan of the conflict series. However I have a suggesting for Eidos and the developers. Please give a option to play the game in 3rd person like the other 4 Conflict games. There are too many FPS games out there and with the 3rd person view it just makes the game a whole lot better!

cazzer
22nd Aug 2007, 10:16
I love all of them!
I like Conflict: Vietnam and Conflict: global storm, those are my favs!

I too an a big fan of the conflict series. However I have a suggesting for Eidos and the developers. Please give a option to play the game in 3rd person like the other 4 Conflict games. There are too many FPS games out there and with the 3rd person view it just makes the game a whole lot better!
I would like 3rd person aswell ,looks much better :thumbsup:

Godfather77
22nd Aug 2007, 18:08
We too were great fans of the series, having completed all 4 and continue to enjoy GS online, but this is NOT a continuation of the series and we are disappointed at this news.

It bears no relation to the original format so how can it be the same game, just cashing in on an already established series of games that has a good following and if you've not got the latest console it's goodbye from Conflict.

Sle7en thanks for the heads-up! I didn't know that this game was gonna bear no relation to the rest of the series and if that's the case then I probably won't bother forking out my hard earned cash for it. I was hoping for a continuation of the series in some shape or form and this is very disapointing news. :(

weta.worker
14th Oct 2007, 21:03
so it's not going to be a '4 player co-op, campaign mode, single console' anymore?

we loved playing the other 4 games (and that was one of the main reasons for buying them) in this mode. my friends would come around and we'd all sit around and shoot up a storm on the projector.

seem disappointing that they have moved away from this very rare but successful format

just looking at the blurb

"Conflict: Denied Ops puts players in control of two of these merciless operatives, each of them highly specialized in both weapons and military tactics. With gameplay focused on accessible two-man tactics, utilize simple commands and switch seamlessly between team mates to lay down covering fire, explore diverging paths, create distractions and pin the enemy under fire."

??

foleyman13
15th Oct 2007, 12:51
i want to know how it ends with foley
sad...

i thought they would go on with the original 3rd person game with the same characters:confused:

Bobs Back
19th Oct 2007, 07:35
Yes, i feel the missed opportunity to continue the Foley is captured story line has passed us by, we want, no we need that story to happen, where we go into columbia to rescue foley, and find him there safe and sound.

Or we go there and play him escaping from hes captivity.

Genie
19th Oct 2007, 22:22
I've been waiting ages for a new conflict game, but it's not the original characters. I can deal with that. But now it's a first person shooter, there are only two characters and you now work for the C.I.A. instead of the military. in what way is this new game conflict?
If that is the type of game you want you might as well play Black.
And Sherman sucks, bring back Foley!
That said, it does look an alright game and I will probably still play it.

Sao
23rd Oct 2007, 14:47
Great!, I thought, a new conflict for the new consoles

Oh how disappointed was I reading the conflict homepage
no team play, no 3rd person view, stuck with the same weapons and infinite ammo.
Where is the original game play that made conflict such a refreshing change to the run of the mill FPS crap thats churned out on a weekly basis?

So basically Eidos and Pivotal have turned a challenging thought provoking game into a run of the mill button bashing FPS for the thicko Daily Mail readers of the world.

Thanks Guys you've ruined one of the highlights of the gaming world.****

I want to go and rescue FOLEY dammit!:mad:

crazyhorse128
23rd Oct 2007, 15:27
I love all of them!
I like Conflict: Vietnam and Conflict: global storm, those are my favs!

I would like 3rd person as well ,looks much better :thumbsup:

I played them all up to and including Vietnam, from there on it looks **** and 1st person whats this!!!!!

Bad Andy
23rd Oct 2007, 22:08
My friends and I are hardcore Conflict fans. We have played the heck out of all the previous games. My personal fav was Desert Storm 2...loved that game! The 4 player coop with 3rd person view was unique to Conflict and is what made those games great. It also made it possible for my friends and I to establish our own characters and develop the talents that went with those characters. We each got so good with our own characters that if we switched it up we didn't play nearly as well. I had really hoped they would continue with the Foley story line (as he was the guy I always used). The game was really coming into its own with Global Storm. Anyway, maybe the developers will get on this site and see what the fans want, which is an extension of a game that was already great. Keep building on that story with the same game play and I'll buy it in a heartbeat. With this one, I'll probably rent first before deciding to buy, with the others I just went out and bought it.

Bobs Back
5th Nov 2007, 14:28
I agree Bad Andy

As i nearly always complete the mission using foley all the way, with the others as back up, i was very disapointed in the Conflict: Global Yawn story that took him away from me.

His replacement Miss (Cant hit the side of a bus) Sherman was a poor choice, and smacked of equal opportunity over great story, the un-stoppable four was no more.

Dont get me wrong, i love the series to death, but i just couldnt care about the story in Global, specially after Foley's ending, if thats what its called.

gothotbike
11th Nov 2007, 07:59
the makers went the wrong way. give this fps a different name and give us a true conflict series. :mad2: **** :( :confused:

RavenousGhost
13th Nov 2007, 20:13
the makers went the wrong way. give this fps a different name and give us a true conflict series. :mad2: **** :( :confused:

Exactly, put out the game as Crossfife as originally intended, and continue the Conflict series as it should be.

Dimwit26
27th Nov 2007, 17:41
First of all,i'm happy tp have found other Conflict fans like myself! :D .it doesn't seem to be as popular as i thought it would be.me and my uncle have went through all the conflict games and we've been waiting for a new one to come out.

as some of you have said,i too would like to know what happened to Jones.i might try this new one but i don't see any difference in it and Blackhawk Down.any chance we could ALL contact Eidos and tell them we'll boycott them if they don't continue with the original stuff?:p

Mickeb83
27th Nov 2007, 22:31
Were did the 4-player Co-Op Splitscreen go?!?!
So sad!
Im not buying it...

Dimwit26
28th Nov 2007, 06:22
btw am i mistaken or is this not going to be for PS2?:eek: :confused: :mad2:

Mickeb83
28th Nov 2007, 22:31
No it will be for PS3

WONTBUY
7th Dec 2007, 21:43
I mean the conflict IRAQ was better then any game. Is the new ,,eisode,, not just a nother doom or whatever clone. i need the 3rd person mode, i need to control my team. It was just a great game, i would buy ps3 if the new one were good as the old ones ! brrrr. HEY EIDOS its time to hear us ! Quete

First of all,i'm happy tp have found other Conflict fans like myself! :D .it doesn't seem to be as popular as i thought it would be.me and my uncle have went through all the conflict games and we've been waiting for a new one to come out.

as some of you have said,i too would like to know what happened to Jones.i might try this new one but i don't see any difference in it and Blackhawk Down.any chance we could ALL contact Eidos and tell them we'll boycott them if they don't continue with the original stuff?:p

WONTBUY
7th Dec 2007, 21:44
but this is NOT a continuation of the series and we are disappointed at this news.

Sao
10th Dec 2007, 12:58
I'm glad I am not the only one dissapointed that they have taken the Conflict name and just stuck it on a basic FPS game.

THIS IS NOT CONFLICT!

CAN YOU HEAR US EIDOS?

Spikey999
15th Dec 2007, 18:02
wtf! this is a complete joke of a game!

I have played every Conflict series and enjoyed them all! Even though the last one- Global storm didn't take the fancy of everyone, to me it was the best one in the series and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now however, what the hell has happened! :nut: There making a FPS game with new characters(why the hell?) and calling it conflict... Conflict games have characters such as Bradley, Connors, Foley/Sherman and Jones in it, not two randomers! Also, third person shooter where it was fun to control your teammates and also co-op mode where u could complete the game with your mates! If this is not followed then how dare they call it a new game in the series:mad2:

just to some it all up i hope pivotal/eidos are reading this.. I will NOT be buying a shi t format game like this

You have kept us waiting for over half a year i think, then u produce a game of this quality.. dire!

Get rid of this idea and get your asses into gear and make the series 2 of Conflict: Global Storm