PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

kachenbrod
15th Aug 2007, 18:11
I downloaded Tomb Raider: Anniversary and every time I start it, I get this!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/geokerkid/ughsville.png

Please help! :eek:

RitaG18
15th Aug 2007, 18:48
I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that anyone here is going to help you with illegal games. If you'd ask this in a different forum, maybe, but in Eidos forum? It's like walking into a bank and asking them for a plan for robbery.

Sorry mate.

Edit: I'm an idiot, sorry!

UTWarden
15th Aug 2007, 20:15
I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that anyone here is going to help you with illegal games. If you'd ask this in a different forum, maybe, but in Eidos forum? It's like walking into a bank and asking them for a plan for robbery.

Sorry mate.

Umm dude you do know places like GAMESTOP (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=D001372)offer this as a download as well as STEAM (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=8000&cc=US).

humbug
15th Aug 2007, 20:56
Does your computer meet the system requirements? You could also try updating your graphics card drivers. If this doesn't solve your prob contact the company from whom you downloaded the game from, they might be able to help.

P.S You can download the game legally, even eidos offers this sevice!

RitaG18
15th Aug 2007, 21:42
Whoa! I can't believe I never knew that! :O -Feels ashamed-
kachenbrod - My deep apologies to you! I seriously had absolutely no idea you can do that. Terribly sorry, hope you can understand.:o

NightRain'06
15th Aug 2007, 22:30
I was also surprised to discover about 5 months ago that on both EBGames and GameStop sites (well, now it's just GameStop), you could download full PC games after paying for it online. But like this instance, I wouldn't just download the game since there could be a risk of missing files or maybe even corrupt files after many others have downloaded. Not that I'm saying they intentionally have corrupt or missing files but somewhere along the line, that's a possibility with even legally downloadable PC games, you know what I mean ? Plus, I recall someone else saying in a thread in the Eidos forums, I believe, that they've downloaded the game legally but since no Instruction Manual was provided to them, they ended up asking about LC's new moves and such. That's why I'm reluctant to do that and much prefer to go to the store and buy the packaged games. :)

ETA: Kachenbrod ~ Please try as Humbug suggested ~ Update all of your drivers and if that doesn't work, call Tech Support.

kachenbrod
16th Aug 2007, 01:09
I did pay for it... but I didn't download it through the internet. I downloaded it off my CD... sorry my English is not too well.

And my Computer does meet up to the Requirements. I have played it before. But after that, it started doing that.

Treeble
16th Aug 2007, 02:55
Since you have the disk, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It should ask if you want to keep your savegame files, in case you'd many any significant progress and want to keep it.

kachenbrod
16th Aug 2007, 06:36
Already did that! :(

kachenbrod
16th Aug 2007, 06:40
Please don't suggest update my drivers because I have already played before, so I know that it is not my computer! :(

humbug
16th Aug 2007, 10:18
Try installing the game on another computer, if the same problem occurs you'll know for definate that its not your computer. I would then contact the company who you got the game from and ask for a refund or replacement if you've only had the game for a short time they should do this. :)

UTWarden
17th Aug 2007, 00:05
kachenbrod can we get the specs on your PC please, WITH all driver revisions if possible.

Also what programs are running this comes down to ANY overclocking utilities you might have used, or IM programs as well, I've seen instances of TR:A having issues with IM and possibly .Net V3