PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Not sure if bug or my pc

VashtheUberNinja
28th Nov 2013, 00:14
Every round I play, I make it through the entire round and reward screen, then as it tries to load whatever comes after that the game crashes and i have to restart it. I'm not sure if this is just my computer acting up or if this is a problem with the game itself.

Psyonix_Corey
28th Nov 2013, 00:34
Every round I play, I make it through the entire round and reward screen, then as it tries to load whatever comes after that the game crashes and i have to restart it. I'm not sure if this is just my computer acting up or if this is a problem with the game itself.

That is unfortunate, we haven't heard of this one before. As a next step we might get you to send us your logfile, but could you try reinstalling Nosgoth via Steam by right clicking and selecting "Delete Local Content", then installing it?

VashtheUberNinja
28th Nov 2013, 00:52
I will try that tonight after the servers go down, dont want to wait another hour to reinstall, but i will update post weither or not that worked

VashtheUberNinja
28th Nov 2013, 01:18
Game started crashing again, this time trying to load into the game. Happened again after verfying game files. Checking drivers and reinstalling now to see if that fixes it.

Strike5150
28th Nov 2013, 13:10
This is not the only case, all of us crash after the game periodically. It became pretty obvious yesterday that it was all of us, didn't notice so much before because of other issues but VashtheUberNinja is not the only one.

The worst part is that if someone crashes out of the game while returning to the lobby, the lobby is broken. You can wait in there all you like and no new players will join. Occasionally with some unknown combination of party members joining leaving you can kick start it again. Generally speaking however we need to quit and find a new lobby.

SirFancyPants
28th Nov 2013, 15:32
yea after a game on several occasions last night my game wound up freezing and then crashing before returning back to the lobby

VashtheUberNinja
30th Nov 2013, 01:50
Checking back in. Reinstalling it did not fix, as well as verifying game files and updating drivers. frequency has gone down to about every other match (average)

Zindiq
2nd Dec 2013, 14:11
I can also add that ALT -TAB out of game make it crash very often , this is especialy a problem when trying to group up with ppl since you join/ invite them through steam and cant do it ingame. Steam has a option to "SHIFT- TAB" it seem to work abit better but NOSGOTH still crash sometimes

RainaAudron
2nd Dec 2013, 16:01
Hmm, I´m alt-tabbing all the time while in menus and lobby and it didn´t crash once so far.

hirukaru
2nd Dec 2013, 23:07
I can also add that ALT -TAB out of game make it crash very often , this is especialy a problem when trying to group up with ppl since you join/ invite them through steam and cant do it ingame. Steam has a option to "SHIFT- TAB" it seem to work abit better but NOSGOTH still crash sometimes

I know that if you tab out and try to tab in. That in some games a FPS and Latecy issues will appear that can cause crashes.

So tabbing back in, can cause these issues but tabbing out should be related to something els I guess.