PDA

View Full Version : imperial glory doesn't work after battles

emperor
8th Aug 2007, 09:35
If I do a battle in the Campaign map then burst out Imperial Glory.
It bursts out just as after the battle.
What can I do ???

General Theo
8th Aug 2007, 14:55
do you have windows vista?

emperor
9th Aug 2007, 07:56
yes

generalcastaños
14th Aug 2007, 12:12
Hi, i am a spanish player. I have this problem. When i finished the battle, the game is stopped. What can i do? are they a patch o something to play better before battle? Sorry, but my english is not very good. Thanks

pd. Please, if somebody know that i can do to success this problem, send me the solution a this direction: godsky69@hotmail.com

generalcastaños
14th Aug 2007, 12:13
I have windows vista :(

General Theo
14th Aug 2007, 18:12
i think IG isn't compatible with Vista
thats............................. pity

generalcastaños
14th Aug 2007, 21:55

pufff, why??? what can i do?

icepickpleasure
20th Sep 2007, 23:03
same problem. i have VISTA. Will there be a patch or will eidos refund my money for a game i cant play

icepickpleasure
22nd Sep 2007, 02:57
try and see if this works

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935280

General Theo
23rd Dec 2007, 00:02
well i downloaded it but when i try to install it it says this update isnt compatible with your system
what does that mean?

General_Someone
23rd Dec 2007, 07:29
If we complain enough they will, hopefully, do something. Or we could complain AND boyecott their games :D

General Theo
23rd Dec 2007, 11:35
i think pyro studios and eidos arent interested in ig anymore

General Theo
23rd Dec 2007, 12:16
lol now it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just istalled the patch and it works!!!!!!!!!1
but why....................

metty98
29th Feb 2008, 11:48

Sorry for my english first... I am player from Czech Republick and I´ve got same problem. The game is shooting down after a battle. But I´ve got Windows XP (Home edition). I was instal patch 1.11 and I´ve got same problem still. I dont know what to do... Please, if someone knows what is going on, send me an e-mail on adress: metty98@seznam.cz

Syssin
24th Mar 2008, 12:55
I have exactly the same problem and it's becoming realy enoying!!
So can someone pleaseeee submit a solution??

Thnx!!

tylo
7th Jul 2008, 05:51
GODDAMN IT!
I also have the issue, i have Vista H/P and an NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT. that update linked previosly is an 07 update, and i assume that my vista (purchased last bloody week!) would have it already.
EIDOS! RELEASE A DAMN FIX! i am not the only one with the problem, many people i know are too, as is many of the people on THIS forum.

Tyla(:

meisenmei
14th Aug 2008, 02:48
I have the same problem as well, and it is really hurting the gaming experience. I'm running Vista on GF GO 7600 with DX9C. What I really want to confirm now is if this problem is restricted to Vista because someone said it happened on XP as well. And if anyone found a way out of this PLEASE share it, it's really frustrating to see the game crash after an long, difficult battle.

meisenmei
14th Aug 2008, 02:51
try and see if this works

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935280

BTW, has anybody got this to work? I was also told that the update wasn't compatible with my system.

La Neige
26th Aug 2008, 08:05
Go to your directory with Imperial Glory, right-click on ImperialGlory.exe, click on Properties, select the Compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the list. This should fix the problem.

Best,

La Neige

Boicote
1st Oct 2008, 11:55
Go to your directory with Imperial Glory, right-click on ImperialGlory.exe, click on Properties, select the Compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the list. This should fix the problem.

Best,

La Neige

Selecting "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" didn't solve the problem. Then I tried to select "Windows 98/Windows Me", and the game never crashed again!!!! I can fight battles in the campaign without problems!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/party0023.gif

Megalomaniac
1st Dec 2008, 10:58
There is a solution to the problems of IG restarting/crashing. :D Of which, for me, it happened mostly after land battles. Thankfully, a member on this forum named Eugene Clisson posted a solution which I decided to test, surprisingly, it worked!
I have no more problems and I can play the game without it ever crashing (On Vista!)
Yes, Vista...

The solution i to disableall sound. There's a button in the audio section ofthe menu which will disable all sounds.

The original post with the answer is here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=79905

All the best, I hope it works for you too! :rolleyes: :D

tommmy
14th Feb 2009, 10:40
Selecting "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" didn't solve the problem. Then I tried to select "Windows 98/Windows Me", and the game never crashed again!!!! I can fight battles in the campaign without problems!

worked for me too. previously saved games are not compatible, though

madman12
11th Mar 2009, 21:49
using vista im getting teh problem too. but unlike with eugene it isnt in the middle fo a battle. its after the battle that it crashes. iv tried the microsft update but that doesnt make any difference.i enjoy the game entirely but this is getting very annoying and will get so annoying for me to stop playing very soon.

Kasper
14th Apr 2009, 07:34
worked for me too. previously saved games are not compatible, though

Yeah that's pretty stupid (i had the problem too and turning off sound didn't help) but better then crashing always after a battle.

Metropolis
23rd Jul 2009, 00:06
yeah i'm having same problems too...

anyone else has figure it out?
i'll try the sound.

Metropolis
23rd Jul 2009, 03:12
ok. so i guess u guys right sound doesn't work.

p.jakub88
1st Mar 2012, 19:11

Thank You very much Boicote, now every battle works fine!

I really appreciate Your help! :)