PDA

View Full Version : The Tomb Raider 8 Suggestion Thread.

One Lara
7th Aug 2007, 11:36
This thread was made purely for respectful requests for members that have an idea they would like to share so it may be included in Tomb Raider 8.

I've made a simple layout that may be easier for you to use.

LARA CROFT MODEL

[Here you can post what improvements or changes you would like to see based on the Lara Croft model, personally, she's perfect as she is and I would rather she isn't changed at all.]

GAMEPLAY

[Here you can post what new aspects you would like to see concerning environment manipulation, puzzles and even new activities.]

INTERACTIVITY

[Here you can post how you would like Lara to interact with the environment, characters and objects.]

LOCATIONS

[Here you can post what new locations you would like Lara to visit]

MOVES

[Here you can post what new moves you would like Lara to be able to perform.]

MUSIC

[Here you can post whether you prefer Legend's or Anniversary's music which might have an impact on Tomb Raider 8's theme, or maybe you would like a mixture]

EXTRAS

[Here you can post what you would like to see concerning the Croft Manor, Lara' Outfits or anything else not related to the above.]

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

[Here you can post which one of the two would you like Tomb Raider 8 to be inspired by or any elements from both games you would like to be combined.]

Have fun suggesting but don't post anything which might resemble bad intentions.

EDIT: If you think this thread might appear useful, it may be pinned.

RitaG18
7th Aug 2007, 12:41
LARA CROFT MODEL

I like her the way she is. Btw, is it just me, or TRL's Lara and TRA's Lara are different? And it's not just her eyebrows shape and hair, something in her expression is very diverse.
TRA's Lara is more pretty in my opinion.

GAMEPLAY

I played TR2, TR3, AOD, TRL and TRA. I enjoyed all of them but AoD, therefore I'll suggest the game NOT being like AoD. I'll explain: No backpack and dual pistols, only urban environment and RPG do not fall under "TR" category for me (AoD lovers - This is merely an opinion). I think the other four games I've played all been really terrific. Venice, London, Japan - Wonderful urban locations and they match perfectly China, Nevada and Peru. Don't get me wrong - I think the emphasis should be on archeological sites and tombs, but a level in an urban environment is a great change and adds a lot to the game. I think that at this point, TRL does this the best and contains the perfect balance of variable locations.

As for enemies, it was hard to get used to human killing in TRL after TRA but after sometime it reminded me of TR2. Human enemies are welcome, animals are also welcome but less as they creep me out :p and obviously creatures. I don't like to be scared but I'll learn to handle it :D

Puzzles are always welcome. Hard puzzles are even more welcome. Fun and creative puzzles are highly wanted - Swinging those crates in Bolivia in TRL really made me laugh hard :lol: Same for moving that float in St. Francis Folly in Poseidon's room in TRA. I like laughing; working out riddles shouldn't be a frustration.

Oh, and I ADORED the clues system in Croft Manor in TRL. That was great! Not saying that the whole game should be like that (it shouldn't), but something like that is really fun.

INTERACTIVITY

Dear God, no RPG. PLEASE. This really ruined AoD for me. Other than that: Whatever comes to your mind, just don't make it too much. More options with furniture means more objects to search for artifacts, and too many options will drive us mad :rolleyes:

LOCATIONS

As said earlier, one urban level (like Venice, London and Japan) is a really nice addition and a good short break from all the tombs. TRL has the best collection and a proper variety of locations so far, in my opinion.

MOVES

AD from TRA is fun. Some will probably mention sprint, but I couldn't care less about it. No stealth mode, I don't like that. Lara doesn't sneak - Lara has character, she's a daredevil. Same as she has no patience to wait for something to happen, she has no patience to sneak behind someone. One question - What is the point in pressing interaction to move faster while climbing or shimming? Anyone likes it slow? You use it in either way, don't see why making it optional. Unless it's to be able to add more traps (collapsing ledges) and then I'm ok with it. :)

EDIT: MAKE HER ROLL! Like in the previous games, say you pushed a button on a wall and then you flipped-rolled and were facing the opposite direction. And bring back the ability to jump sideways without guns drawn.

MUSIC

Loved the music in TRL. Enough said.

EXTRAS

If there's gonna be a huge variety of outfits - Make them different. Don't see the point in having the same outfits with different colours, like in TRL.

And the camera. PLEASE add the option to lock the camera behind her back. Just make it optional. I hate playing with the mouse.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

They should never be combined. If I have to pick, let TR8 be a TRL like. We've had enough of classic TRs, give us something new and then remake TR2 and TR3 once we get bored :)

Or better, release TRL2, then TR2, then TRL-like and then TR3. Everyone stays happy :D

lara's_bro
7th Aug 2007, 12:47
LARA CROFT MODEL

I like her the way she is. Btw, is it just me, or TRL's Lara and TRA's Lara are different? And it's not just her eyebrows shape and hair, something in her expression is very diverse.

the anniversary lara is supposed to look different she was made to look younger because anniversaries story took place before legend;)

RitaG18
7th Aug 2007, 12:57
the anniversary lara is supposed to look different she was made to look younger because anniversaries story took place before legend;)

Oh good point ;) Although she doesn't seem like the young Lara in legend's peru level.

lara's_bro
7th Aug 2007, 13:30
Oh good point ;) Although she doesn't seem like the young Lara in legend's peru level.

true, but i don't think she looked younger in that flash back she just had different clothes on

tessla
7th Aug 2007, 14:55
LARA CROFT MODEL

I think Lara is perfect. Even her name is perfect. It sounds good no matter what kind of accent you use. Her body in the earlier series, I think, was a bit over-exaggerated, so I like the newest models (TRL & TR Ann.). They make her seem more real, and for me being her wanna-be, this is great, since the goal of her healthy body is more attainable.

GAMEPLAY

I think the gameplay should be very puzzling and mysterious. There should be many roads, paths, canyons, holes, caves, etc. to explore. After all, she is an adventurer, and therefore should be able to investigate many things such as abandoned buildings or houses, Jungles with many twists and turns, maybe even some dead ends, hidden rooms in her manor, and actual tombs to raid. In TRL the area with the waterfall was magnificent, but escaping it was straightforward. Leave it up to the gamer to try to solve, though I realize it can't be too hard, for the gamers that just want to rush through.

INTERACTIVITY

I love cutscences, but I also like the idea of multiple choice with a conversation. However I realized this is near impossible on a platform with the gameplay Tomb Raider has. Maybe it couls be like a seperate scene (an example-Harvest Moon AWL has live action gameplay, but cuts to scenes where you have 2 choices when answering a question). This would also give Lara more talking time. Also, maybe she could use some things as weapons that she finds in her location. If she's in a tomb, she can find a rock or a stick to hurl at her opponet. Maybe she can even wield the stick, able to swing it and twirl it, or use it in some other way.

LOCATIONS

I would love to see a vast array of environments, just as long as it all makes sense, like a stroybook. What I do love with all games (though there aren't many that do this) is interactivity with everything. I know it's complicated to make everything interactive, but instead of just using the twin pistols (though I love them) she could use something lying on the ground, maybe she could chunk it or swing it, etc. I also like the idea of rummaging through chests, drawers, etc, to find notes, hidden clues, maybe even money if my store idea is introduced. (See Extra)

MOVES

Lara's moves in TRL were great. They looked like real gymnast moves (and probably were). I love how she does flips, grabs, everything. I'm not so imaginative when it comes to moves, but I do love some realism, even in fantasy games. I think her moves should be as real as the programmers can produce.

MUSIC

I love all music, however with Tomb Raider, I love to hear the sounds you would hear if you were there. Things falling, her gunshots, her footsteps, someone elses footsteps, but other than that silence. After all, if you really were her, would you have a soundtrack to your life? No! You would hear silence, or your own thoughts. Maybe after you've been in the area for a while, some music matching the location can play. If she's in rural Japan, have some Japanese instrument strumming out a calming tune. If she's fighting, music that makes your heart race. If she's in urban mexico, some mexican pop or salsa music. It just takes the whole experience (I think) to a new level. Or she could have an IPod or MP3 player to listen to music you can buy.

EXTRAS

Mysteries!!! Lots of mysteries in Croft Manor to challenge your brain! The most elaborate, or the most riddling the programmers can think of. Maybe even a legend turned mystery. Also, I have this thought. Maybe there could be a store located somewhere, and you have to earn money, or points, or whatever from doing missions or exploring. The store would be to buy new tops, shorts/pants, boots/shoes, new weapons, med kits, more ammo, Maybe even new make-up styles or hairstyles. It would be fun to make her custom to your style. Maybe even songs for her IPod/MP3 player.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

I haven't yet had the chance to play Anniversary, but the reviews from the forum polls say it's good. Maybe from both games.

Shaidester
7th Aug 2007, 15:09
LARA CROFT MODEL

Seeing as Anniversary's model of Lara was VERY different (because of the age-factor between Anniversary and Legend) it's useless changing her again. To much changing just ruins it, keep the Legend Lara I suppose.

GAMEPLAY

I would like more enemies other than humans, they get annoying and there was way too much of that in Legend. Puzzles are fine as they're, more creativity though.

INTERACTIVITY

Nothing to change here, keep the same from Legend/Anniversary.

LOCATIONS

Honestly, I would like more Jungle-like themed levels (Ghana did well), but Japan helped add more urban-like enviornments. Like Legend, but make it longer in the levels and see if you can add like 2-3 sub-levels like they do in all the other Tomb Raiders. Not just one visit to Ghana and out of there in 30 minutes. Keep it lengthy.

MOVES

Fix the swimming controls, we don't need three buttons to maneuver underwater.

MUSIC

I actually liked both Anniversary's and Legend's music. I would like a mixture of both.

EXTRAS

Croft Manor to be expanded on, add a quad-bike course or something like they had in TR3. If anything, add more training areas like backflips and shooting. Why is the oxygen bar so limited, and I mean SO LIMITED? Expand on it please, honestly I feel way to pressured to hurry up and get out of a tunnel underwater than any other previous TR game. Also, the old pistol look, bring it back. The pistols in Legend look like the Desert Eagle in TR3. Another thing :$, please allow Lara to run/walk on shallow water. Like the previous games of Tomb Raider, where she was able to run/walk on shallow water made it "cool" (Ex. TR2 and TR3 had it). My last issue, please get rid of the cap on weapons (not ammo). I am talking about how in Legend you could only keep two weapons, I don't like that AT ALL. Stick to the old gunplay of unlimited weapons.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Anniversary, although both have their pros and cons.

RitaG18
7th Aug 2007, 15:30
Why is the oxygen bar so limited, and I mean SO LIMITED? Expand on it please, honestly I feel way to pressured to hurry up and get out of a tunnel underwater than any other previous TR game.

Couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Below Zero
7th Aug 2007, 16:19
I agree that the oxygen bar is limited :mad2: , and needs to by expaned, but think they made it like that to make it realalistic. ( Even though having a t-rex as a boss is kinda fictional :rasp: , but I dont know) :scratch:

Lo
7th Aug 2007, 20:25
LARA CROFT MODEL

I'd like her to look like Angelina Jolie :D

GAMEPLAY

Back to the original controls without the panning camera to constantly adjust. Maybe a bit more to-ing and fro-ing between areas after pressing switches as opposed to being herded along a one-way route. Stop with the time limits like the bike ride in Legend where you can't dismount to explore or slow down to look about the place.

INTERACTIVITY

Cut the FMVs or exchanges like we had to endure in AoD. You are supposed to be able to bypass them but I can't quit the conversations for some reason. Have them by all means but enable us to escape at any time and continue with the game.

LOCATIONS

Maybe something set in space for a few levels. More of London perhaps and a theme park to explore. I liked Nevada a great deal so anywhere arid and expansive like Malta would be good and maybe Bavaria and other parts of Germany.

MOVES

Yes, fix the swimming problem and enable her to swim as she did in earlier games. Allow unlimited grab and shimmy times.

MUSIC

Not just music but lots of those ambient sounds like the rain pattering down, insects chattering, the storms of TRLR and a revamped soundtrack that has both drama and eerie moments.

EXTRAS

To be able to explore the manor's exterior. I'd like the original manor restored thank you very much but more added to it. Lara has an awful lot of space going to waste so they could do more by adding to the original and giving us a few more interactive things within it to play with.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Not finished Legend and not played the latter so will have to reserve judgement for now!

exmachinad
7th Aug 2007, 22:54
GAMEPLAY

Exactly like Legend but maybe with some new things here and there.

INTERACTIVITY

Lots of interactivity with the enviroment. Real physics on every object on the screen.

LOCATIONS

Some modern / city landscape sometimes so we don't get tired of old tombs all the time.

MUSIC

Just like Legend's! It has a great soundtrack.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Legend all the way.:cool:

JKCarrier
8th Aug 2007, 00:44
LARA CROFT MODEL

I can't think of anything that needs improving; the Anniversary Lara model looks great, very realistic.

GAMEPLAY

More puzzles, less button-mashing. The occasional timed run or whatever is ok, but the thing I like about Tomb Raider is that it's a little more slow-paced and thoughtful than the average run-and-gun shooter.

The camera needs serious work. Why can't I look behind Lara when she's climbing or hanging off a ledge? Why does the camera keep changing angles (and changing the orientation of the movement keys) during a wall run? Constantly fighting with the "wandering camera" got really aggravating after a while.

INTERACTIVITY

It's always nice to have things in the level that actually do something, rather than just being decorative. I'd like to see driveable vehicles make a comeback, too.

LOCATIONS

Hmm... hard to think of places she hasn't already been. Hawaii, maybe? Australia? Urban environments are ok occasionally as a change of pace, but tombs and ruins should dominate.

MOVES

I definitely do NOT want to see more tricky button combos like Adrenaline Rage. This is Tomb Raider, not Mortal Kombat. New moves are ok, as long as the controls are kept simple and straightforward.

MUSIC

I have to be honest, I really don't pay that much attention to the music. As long as it's not disco or rap, it's fine with me. ;)

EXTRAS

I really enjoyed playing through Croft Manor in Anniversary -- in a lot of ways, it was my favorite part of the game. I hope we'll get another lengthy, puzzle-filled manor level in the next game. I always get a kick out of Lara's different outfits, too.

One thing I'd really like to see is cheat codes that work from the beginning, rather than being unlocked by time trials. If someone can already beat the game at top speed, what on earth do they need cheats for? If you're going to have cheats, make them available to us poor klutzes who could actually use a little help here and there! :o

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Overall, Legend. But I mostly liked Anniversary too, aside from the finger-twisting boss battles.

LadyLuck
8th Aug 2007, 15:47
LARA CROFT MODEL

The older TRL one was my favourite, really. :)

GAMEPLAY

More complex puzzles would be interesting. Ones that keep you thinking for a day or two.
I would be nice if she could still jump and shoot an enemy at the same time.
More cut scenes, like TRL - TRA was a bit sparse on them.
Modern/different locations - some tombs can get repetitive after a while.
I HATE the adrenaline dodge. But that's just me. By the time I've finished defeating an enemy the caps lock in on and I've minimised the window loads of times from just pushing all the buttons at once.

INTERACTIVITY

Well, some new interesting interactions, like buttons as well as switches. Some new things to work from, rather that just grapple hooks, ledges and swing poles.

LOCATIONS

Oh...London. I loved the TR2 level back in her house, but she could just run around central London for a while.

MOVES

The close hand fighting was useful (w/out weapons)

MUSIC

TRL TRL TRL. 'Nuff said.

EXTRAS

How about more Croft Manor? It seems really small compared to TR2's one. The obstacle course, for example, wasn't in Legend or Anniversary. Other than that...

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

LEGEND. I want to know the continuation of the story!

humbug
9th Aug 2007, 12:59
LARA CROFT MODEL

I Think lara looked good in TRL.

GAMEPLAY

I like the puzzle and trap aspect in the TR games. I found that TRL puzzles weren't that challenging so was well chuffed with TRA:D ! I also think that there should be hidden areas to explore and items to collect to earn rewards. I also like hunting around for keys switches ect......

INTERACTIVITY

I like riding bikes especially the snowmobile in TR2. having said that i hated the bike levels in TRL because you couldn't get off to explore the enviromment.

LOCATIONS
I like a diverse set of locations like in TR2 and 3 i especially enjoyed the offshore and underwater levels in TR2.

MOVES
Laras moves in both TRL and TRA are excellent I thought the grapple in TRL was a bit easier to use though. New moves..... parachute? so she can reach to the bottom off deep chasams, maybe that might be abit boring all the time. What was the adrenaline dodge all about? I hated it . Could never get it to work, also big boss battles where too hard.

MUSIC
I prefered the music in TRA I also liked the music in TR1 and 2.

EXTRAS

My favorite outfit is the original blue top and pants, though it is good to have a change of outfit in game to suit the environment.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

I think TR8 should be inspired by TRA, my favorite TR game is 2 so it would be good to see some elements of it in TR8.

If you think this thread might appear useful, it may be pinned.

I think this thread is very useful if the fans get what they want they will continue buying the games!!!!!! We dont want another AOD

RitaG18
9th Aug 2007, 14:19
my favorite TR game is 2 so it would be good to see some elements of it in TR8.

You know what's funny? TRII is one of my favorite levels as well and I actually found TRL very much alike to it. :p With all the human enemies and levels and the feeling that I had while playing. TRII is still better, but I think TRL is more alike to it than TRA.

Rai
9th Aug 2007, 16:57
LARA CROFT MODEL

Well, providing the next game is a continuation of Legend, she should stay the same as she is. Different main outfit maybe just to keep it fresh.

GAMEPLAY

Longer levels with more exploration and hidden areas. I love the puzzles, something that involves brain power as well as physical activities. Switches, keys, different objects that may help with game play. How about having to find different parts of a puzzle or map before you can complete it? My son wants a giant dog as an enemy:eek: How about somewhere in the game, you can choose which route to take and depending on where you go and the decisions you make, you get a different outcome to the story? Too complicated? (I'm not talking about speech interaction, like in AOD, but an actual level area or interactive cut scene or something similar. I didn't like having too many human enemies in Legend, they should be cut down to a minimum, although if it is a continuation, I suppose they're inevitable. Cut the rage attacks. the slo-mo from Legend is better.

INTERACTIVITY

Lara should be able to interact with as much of her environment as possible. More interaction in cut scenes ones we can do ourselves. I like how the other characters react if you fail! Maybe the use of Zip et al as guides only. Switches, movable objects etc. Vehicles, like the bike but I want to be able to get off and explore too.

LOCATIONS

I love snowy areas, so more of those. I like the idea of exploring indoors, searching an enemy's office. It was in AOD and I liked being able to search desks and cupboards. But not for too long, maybe just a small part of a longer level. A beautiful abandoned temple maybe, almost in ruins and covered in foliage. I think I said Australia before now.

MOVES

I love all moves from TRA, except the wall runs. The grapple's fine though. Longer underwater breath. TRA's was ridiculously short. I agree with others: Sort the swimming out, lets have a return of the underwater roll or the floor roll for that matter (the one that changed your direction). Hand to hand combat.

MUSIC

I love TRA's Egyptian music, but how to fit in TR8? I'm happy with most of the music from any of the games. Legend's was good. But I especially like keeping it simple for sound effects.

EXTRAS

A choice of outfits. More of Croft Manor, inside and out. But especially out. Maybe a combat training room? Lets see parts of the house that make it a home too like a kitchen.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

As far as level length and general playable length is concerned, TRA beats Legend hands down.

ChOnyD
9th Aug 2007, 21:28
LARA CROFT MODEL

Well, I love the way she looked in Anniversary and Legend. Really, I think the model should be legend since it is a continuation. I just really hope that they can go next-generation because I have played the PS3 and Xbox360 and the graphics are mind blowing!!! ADD MORE POLYGONS and just make it sooo real.

GAMEPLAY

I would like the gameplay to be kind of like anniversary... The same adventurous action type. I dont really like the human enemies. I love the animals. Maybe add a little more difficulty to there life or something. AI? Add an extra difficutly mode: Legendary???: Cut down on medipacs emeies life expand. Just a little something for the people who wanna go the extra mile.

I would love for the game to have lots of puzzles. some hard some simple. Adrenaline dodge is soo awesome i would like that. I think the Legend Slomo thing is too easy in my opinion. and the bosses too.

INTERACTIVITY

This is like with the environment.umm more animations and sounds to lara. Pretty much everything to be soo life like that of a regular person would do in her environment. I love the interactive cutscenes keep those and maybe make them a bit more challenging. Vehicles...

LOCATIONS

I love places that just give you that atmosphere. Like cold damp places, tombs, mysterious. I also like the urbanplaces, like japan and all of that. Maybe a motorcycle chase through a city while she is dropping in on someone or something.

MOVES

LOOOVE the wall run perch and stuff like that. I like making things look cool no matter what. Even if i have to do it the hard way. SO i like anything that can make Lara look professional and cool.

MUSIC

Anniversary made my day with this category. I love how it has the themes and music and then it dies off. But when it does it for an enemy maybe play it for the whole time dont let it die off. I like hearing Lara and all of the sound effects so keep it simple.

EXTRAS

For sure, Outfits!!! And the croft manor to have a front yard and stuff. And maybe a vehicle course and combat training room. Unlockable cheats and other stuff that are just fun.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Anniversary, it just stook to all of the things i like. Long levels, exploration, and animal enemies.

LisaB1962
10th Aug 2007, 05:41
LARA CROFT MODEL

Well, I'm gonna be odd man out and say Lara is too Victoria's Secret beautiful in Legend and would like to see her less made up. I think of Lara as beautiful, but not taking pains to look beautiful, you know? I'd like to see her a little more covered up as well. I think Lara is a serious adventurer, so the exposed midriff really annoyed me, and most of you know how I felt about the Japan dress. :D

GAMEPLAY

Tomb Raider should be about exploration first, combat second. Puzzles that last the whole level, rather than one room. Just finding stuff is OK, if the exploration is fun. One idea I thought might be cool would be to start every level in the Manor and pick your equipment for the mission. What you choose affects where you can go and how to finish the level. Since secrets could be on mutually exclusive paths, replay would be required to get 100%. Onimusha 2's gift system is a good example of choices affecting game opportunities. Nothing too extravagant, but very rewarding. Moves like the adrenaline dodge are good, but probably should not be required to complete levels. Rewards could be given for those who complete 100 AD's in the game. Also, perhaps a "secret mission" system might work a la Devil May Cry. (In-game difficult challenges that are purely optional, but with in-game rewards.)

INTERACTIVITY

Please lose the interactive cut scenes. They're sooo annoying as implemented. "Just keep repeating until you get it right." They just interrupt whatever momentum the well-crafted cut-scenes create.

LOCATIONS

I'm pretty easy on this. I've enjoyed most TR locations except Venice (but I think I'm the odd man out there. ;) ) The creep factor is most important. Tomb Raider should make you feel anxious.

MOVES

Lara must turn and point her pistols at the nearest enemy when drawn. Pointing guns at walls, bushes, everything but the 50 ton T Rex in the room makes Lara look stupid. I think the current move set is too environmentally based. Conveniently spaced ledges, poles, grapple points. The moves are nice, but the environmental elements mean the path is pretty well laid out for you. I'd like to see a return of the older jumping--higher and longer. Those "leaps of faith" from the old games were fun to do and watch. Also, side flips, back flips---I want to be able to back flip onto a crate again. Pleeeease being back her old vertical jump. The current one is just plain awkward, and heck, I can jump that high. Please simplify the swimming and give Lara more breath. Right now swimming is just a rush to find an airhole.

MUSIC

I far prefer the intermittent music of the early games and Anniversary to the constant soundtrack of Legend. Music should raise the tension or sense of wonder, not make you feel like you're in a video on YouTube.

jEXTRAS

Outifts are nice; I prefer the gimmicky ones like Golden Lara over true "outfits." OMG--this one's blue! Meh, that's just not me. :D Extra levels, weapons. I agree the cheats for the time trials is a bit "day late, dollar short." Minigames would be cool, especially for those who like things like the AD.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Anniversary by ten lengths for me (and Legend barely left the starting gate.)

Rai
18th Aug 2007, 11:40
I would like to add: After seeing the Wii trailer, i would really like to see Lara with archeology tools to help solve some puzzles, like a brush to brush away at hieroglyphs or even a small axe to chip away at rubble. Surely there must be away to do this on the other consoles? It shouldn't be overdone of course, but it would definitely bring a feel of Tomb Raiding.

Dragu Slave
18th Aug 2007, 12:02
Three members from www.tombraiderforums.com came up with these:

SCRAP the storyline started in TRLegend and BRING BACK the storyline we'd been following all those years before you came along and scrapped it in favour of this sentimental drivel.

GET RID of this moral dilemma business

BRING BACK fear, blood, occasional gore, a kickass Lara Croft with no baggage and takes no prisoners.

THROW IN a bunch of cryptic puzzles.

RETURN the combat and swimming controls back to how they were. That means returning the gun posture back to normal.

WORK ON the snappy, jerky movements and controls that feel clumsier than a new born goat standing on an oil slick.

GET RID of Toby Gard as an advisor and BRING ON a few Core employees. Reconcile whatever differences were caused as a result of you both making TRA and just make a game that's damn well more faithful and more proud of its roots. Rather than making a mish mash of various other games on the market and slapping the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider title onto it.

GET RID of Princess Of Persia and add some force of gravity to the game. Jumping off walls vertically and horizontally makes 0 sense. Unless we're playing Xena or Spider-Man, which, we're not. We're playing Lara Croft; The tough, unique, and realistic adventurer

DON'T COPY PoP and Ubisoft. Let them copy you (Heck, PoP could use some puzzles, inventory, keys, etc...but that's another topic)

RETURN the unlimited room for ammo. No more 40 limit for shotgun and stuff.

WHEN REPLAYING make us have only weapons, medipacks, and secrets found so far. Having to look for them again, REALLY adds replay value.

REPLAYING levels, after finishing, don't go to the main menu. Go to next instead. And play any cutscenes in between levels.

CHECKPOINTS should save your exact position and also health state. When replaying levels, save in the middle of a level, and reload that save, restart from that checkpoint and not from the beginning of the level. If you don't know what I mean, check out the PSX version of TR1, 2 and 3 the "Current Position" feature.

HEALTHPACKS should be: Large restore 100% of health. Small restore 50% (not 20% ow whatever the amount was in Anniversary.)

BREATH BAR should be much less restrictive. Everyone can hold their breath longer than Legend/Anniversary Lara.

FREEDOM that is something that Legend and Anniversary didn't provide especially in jumping. If I had a dollar, every time I tried to jump in a direction, or try to perform a swan dive, but Lara decides to jump in the direction of the ledge/pole, I'd be a millionaire by now.

CAMERA should be fixed behind Lara all the time, and we could still have control over it with the right analog stick. But when Lara makes the tiniest step, camera goes behind her in a second.

BRING a real Manual Grab, AOD style. Meaning jumping in any direction we want, press a button in mid air, and Lara grabs without having to hold it down.

BACK FLIPS must return, and meaning without having to draw her guns.

BACK SLIDING as well, as shown in the first easer of Legend, as well as it is in TR1 - 6.

REMOVE the bloody Interactive Cutscenes, and place actual gameplay.

EMOTIONS,Lara can have emotions, but crying over killing someone who tried to kill her (Like Larson), is too much and utterly weak and pathetic. Making her human is one thing, making her emo is another.

LARA'S MODEL should be more equipped, like Legend, but perhaps a few more. Take a look at Leon's model from Resident Evil 4 (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/justgrec/leonref.jpg?t=1186314755). Keep the backpack and holsters of course, and the Anniversary style braid, just a bit longer (should reach her butt, like TR4 to be precise)

TAKE AWAY the grapple and let her use the environments like vines and ropes. REALLY well blended with the environment ropes and vines.

WALL CLIMBING must return, in the way is was in AOD. The difference between AOD and the PSX games, is that she could climb up and descent up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right. Kinda like, North-west, South-east. etc...

MONKEY BARS these babies appeared first in Tomb Raider 3, and were improved in AOD, cause she could turn 180 immediately. They need to make a comeback the way they were in AOD.

WALL JUMPING should be reduced to only jumping opposite, by using the wall as trampoline. No vertical jumps, and if there will be horizontal hops, they have to be very small, and usable only if Lara has support on her legs. Like a ladder. But NO hops big as a running jump, make them small, like hopping on one leg.

JUMPS need to be bigger. Don't over do it though.

FAST PACED (like pulling up, jumping like crazy, etc...) is a very bad thing for Tomb Raider. Get rid of that.

INVISIBLE WALLS need to be knocked down for good.

WHEN BUMPING in walls, make Lara go "Ugh" and stop her movements, meaning no continuous running in void, no grabbing, etc...

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, under any circumstances implement wall run without a rope or a vine.

LOSE the time trials. They're crap, and we can easily challenge our very own best time. They're just a waste of programming, and time.

MAIN THEME should be dark like the one in Tomb Raider 4. Dark is one of the features which makes Tomb Raider. No happy songs like in Anniversary's main theme (which I still liked).

And what's a dark theme without a fly by camera in a dark tomb for the main menu. And what's a main menu without ring options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvQVBnWMj6o

To add to that: Gameplay has to be 100% non linear. Anniversary was still linear, maybe not as Legend's but still linear.

Atheist
18th Aug 2007, 12:15

Lol, you proberly made this thread so you can own a sticky. ;)

RitaG18
18th Aug 2007, 12:56
Three members from www.tombraiderforums.com came up with these:...

Whoa.. I so disagree with a lot of things they said. o_o It sounds like they just hate the game completely. Get rid of this, get rid of that... I hope CD won't listen to any of that, they're making GOOD games.

Dragu Slave
18th Aug 2007, 12:59
Whoa.. I so disagree with a lot of things they said. o_o It sounds like they just hate the game completely. Get rid of this, get rid of that... I hope CD won't listen to any of that, they're making GOOD games.

I really hope they listen. We want Tomb Raider back.

hummingbird87
18th Aug 2007, 15:19
I really hope they make sure the xbox 360 version of tomb raider 8 is superior to all other versions visually and performance-wise. Im only interested in owning the best version of Tomb Raider and if the ps3 version happens to be better, I simply will NOT buy it. I think alot of the fans within the Tomb Raider target market have invested in the Xbox 360 for the same reason so there is no point in alienating them now and jeapordising the franchise.

Also my favourite aspect of Tomb Raider legend was the design and visuals. I hope the improve on that and dont disappoint us on the design of avalon. Personally I think it wouldn't hurt to change the game engine if that was neccesary to achieve cool visuals.

Also I found legend to be too straight forwards and linear. I hope they make the next one a lot less linear and give us more adventure, exploration and sidequests. I really could live without the Lara Croft Mansion.

Some hand-to-hand combat would be good too.

Also I DID NOT like some of the 'James Bond' type stuff in the last game(like the introduction). I hope they seriously downplay that.

hummingbird87
18th Aug 2007, 15:24
Three members from www.tombraiderforums.com came up with these:

To add to that: Gameplay has to be 100% non linear. Anniversary was still linear, maybe not as Legend's but still linear.

I prefer the new checkpoint sytem they have. Its technically more efficient than allowing people to save at any random position.

I agree that gameplay should be much less linear though

AmiBabyx
18th Aug 2007, 16:00
Lara Croft Model

I dont think any changes need to be made to her. I prefered the look of T.R.Legends model personally. To many changes will make the whole game seem too unrealistic which (lets face it) was one of the main reasons why Tomb Raider was such a hit in the first place!

Game Play
I much preferred the game play style of T.R.Ann only becuase I felt that Legend was far too "linear" It was very much 3 levels and then one big boss level which just made the game player know what to expect ultimatly destroying the mystery somewhat!
I personally think the game should be made more realsistic. I'm all for a few fiction characters (like T-Rexs' and weird mutant type flying thingys) but overall I think adding touches like times of day whereby Lara can experience sunrise and night fall would be a nice touch. Creators could then get really creative with having different animal behavioural patterns. I.e. more bats for example could come out at night. Bigger animals could be alot more angry with more adrenaline dodges if they had just been woken up are just a few suggestions. I agree that wherever possible Lara should be able to interact with as much of her environment as possible rather than just look at it!
I also feel that the game player should have more freedom to choose which dirrection to travel in. The last two T.Raiders despite their brilliance on many occasions only left lara with one maybe two possible directions to take that as well as conveniantly spaced ledges that are overly obvious and simply dont fit in with the rest of the surroundings just make puzzles easier than necessary - not what tomb raider is all about! A lot of time whilst playing I became very frustrated with a few of the jump sequences as there was on more than one occasion a perfectly good flat surface for lara to grab that would have made the whole sequence much less complicated however because it didn't have a bright white newly built looking rim it was not possible to grab it!
I also didn't like the long empty passageways that linked different areas of levels that appeared in T.R.Ann.
Finally I think making levels longer will improve the game ten fold.
I dont quite know why A.of D got such a bad review I thought it was fine! In fact I really enjoyed the cut scenes will different speach options that gave a different result depending on which one you chose - again I felt it made the game more realistic and interesting.
(Despite a long list of negative comments their I still thouroughly enjoyed playing all tomb raider games.)

Interactivity

I loved the Interactive cut scenes keep those in! Just an idea but what about giving Lara some food options. If she hasn't had much to eat for a while her performance becomes slightly sloppier that can be boosted with a nice coconut or bannna lol!!
I really miss the drivable vehicles wot happened to them? the Kayak? the quad Bike? A motor bike that you could get off! what about a paraglider?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the idea of making lara have the ability to pick up anything from her environment and use it in some way. Chucking a rock at someone for instance? using a vine to strangle someone?

Locations

I loved the tropical levels of Nevada, ghana, peru, I think adding on them will be great (australia/new zealand/thailand/brazil maybe?) However I do feel the game needs some modern urban settings like venice/london/new york/tokyo/Las Vegas are a few suggestions. I also like the idea of doing some outter space stuff (with a few moon walking bits outside a space ship). It'll be a change and give the game creators something new to tackle!
Also I l loved the way you could chose which location you wanted to go to in TR3 I'd love to see a return of that - giving a different outcome depending on which route you take.

Moves

I think all of Laras moves are wicked appart from the newly invented one that will enable Lara to jump off a cliff 100 feet up onto a tiny pole thats about 1ft in diameter with perfect poise. Its just too far fetched for me any one trying to perform that kind of stunt in real life would not come off so lightly thats for sure! Other than that all of the gymnastical moves are gorgeous.
I do think bringing back one on one combat would be a good idea tho!
The swimming controls have gotten a little out of hand as well why is there now three controls just to swim. (However the way in which lara swims is perfect - much more realistic and graceful)

Music

I'm not too fussed about the music to be honest as long as it fits with the surroundings

Extras

I was a bit dissapointed with the croft mannor in Tome raider Legend. Take away the stunning graphics and the odd puzzle here and there it was a lot smaller and a lot less enticing. Where's the assault course gone? the quad bike track? Lara is a multi millionairheiress why would she not have a huge garage full of her aston martin DB9's and her ferraris and her 911's like she did in Tome raider the movie? I also think that it could be very interesting if you were aloud to explore Lara's neighbourhood. Rather than just gettin new outfits everytime you find all the secrets why dont you get Lara finding cash in some of her human victims coats or in an office drawer where she could then return to croft mannor, take a drive into her local neighborhood and buy her own clothes from a store in town or purchase a new vehicle that she could use in the next level if she wanted to?.
I think all in all Lara looks realistic, the environment looks realistic (minus the time of day factor) her enemies look realistic (even if it is a giant eight legged plant that shoots venom from one of six sacks on her back I just think that it could be expanded on. When I play tomb raider I like to do things within the levels like I would do them if I were in her shoes. I think where the game falls short is that there aren't enough options to choose from. Everything just seems too laid out for me!

All in all every tomb raider has been amazing even A.of D

Randy 54
19th Aug 2007, 14:42
I don't mean to sound too critical but this thread asked for opinions so here's mine:
MODEL: Either Lara works for me, as both are stunning.

GAME PLAY: I understand that some people like more of a challenge but c'mon, easy means easy, and hard means hard. If the next game adheres to these settings, I think more people would have less problems. Emphasis on exploration and puzzle solving as this is what Tomb Raider is all about. She is not a soldier of fortune.

INTERACTIVITY: How about the next time she comes across a key, there's multiple keys and she can only pick and use one at a time.

LOCATION: I think that only one urban level should be used in a game. There's no mystery in something that we interact with everyday unless you live on a mountain top. Above ground jungles, caves, underground tombs, all balance out nicely.

MOVES: I agree with most everybody that some of the old moves need to return and some new ones need to go.

MUSIC: This is a very important category. Music sets the mood and the atmosphere of a given location, and Tomb Raider just doesn't feel like Tomb Raider without the familiar theme song.

PLAYABILITY: The next game needs to be able to be played by anyone who spends thier money on it to do so. Make the levels longer rather than come up with hit or miss moves that add length to the game, and when the game is over, no matter what level it was played on, (easy, medium, hard) everyone
walks away happy and ready to do it again.

Tomkat
21st Aug 2007, 11:17
LARA CROFT MODEL
Im still struggling with which hair I like better for Lara...Legend's shorter ponytail, or the traditional braid. Id like the option to choose how you want Lara to look from the start. Her face and basic look can be the same, but with the choice of heavily made up (Legend) or not (Anni), Long Hair (Traditional) or shorter (Legend). Maybe a choice of three outfits at the start, and unlock more as you progress.

GAMEPLAY
I enjoyed the gameplay so far, and the challenges... but not the pointless things that takes hours to figure out. Like the endless timetrials. A few are nice, but it gets tedious when you're at the 50th one in a level.
Also like the obelisk puzzle in Egypt (Anni), after completing the Obelisk of Khamoon... I get that you have to turn them to match the walls. Its obvious, but its pointless. In the end you'll advance by sheer luck, and thats no fun. A puzzle is one thing, but come on. Thats just encouraging players to read the walkthroughs online just to get on in the game. POINT: don't restrict us from advancing with puzzles like that...keep them, but reserve them for secret areas.

INTERACTIVITY
To me Tomb Raider is about exploring, if I wanted to play sniper and kill a lot of people I would play that game. Luckily the exploration part so far has trumped the killing part, so it makes sense. I like the exploration. More secret areas would be great, along with some real rewards for finding them, not just an artifact. Example: Find a secret, unlock a cheatcode. Find a secret, unlock a map for the next secret area. etc.

LOCATIONS
I love the jungle/rural settings, thats where Lara belongs. In tombs, not elaborate cityscapes. Dont get me wrong, Japan was nice, but its just not Tomb Raider.
Add more Mayan temple type locations... focus on ancient civilizations. Maybe even have Lara explore a lost island (with amazing creatures) for an artifact.

MOVES
Id like the peer-around-corner function from TR6 back. Especially when you're entering a new area. And 'edge walking' back. That was kinda disappointing when I realized we couldn't do that anymore.

MUSIC
The music is wonderful as always.

EXTRAS
Ok...here's my big issue with Crystal Dynamics' version. THE CAMERA! Please please please do something about that buggy/screwy/mind-of-own disaster! But since this is about suggestions Ill make one. Have your camera the way you want it for those who like it haywire, but add another: a fixed one behind Lara. No shifting, spinning, turning uncontrollably. Having a 3d platform, just moving forward is a undertaking, since the direction you're going keeps changing! Add to that a timed sequence like Midas's palaces, the spiked room, and you're baked.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?
Id say elements of both. Liked the story from TR:7, but I liked the difficulty from Anniversary and the non-linearity.

I hope this post wasn't out of line, I tried to make some valid suggestions. And just highlighted WHY Im suggesting them..:)

cwalsh1
19th Sep 2007, 16:02
LARA CROFT MODEL
I think the Lara model from Tomb Raider Legend was great! I think they should build on that one to make it look more real.

GAMEPLAY
The gameplay should be hard, and it should be a really long game. Legend was too short, and Anniversary wasn't any better. The game should take like twenty-twenty five hours to complete. I liked the gameplay in both Anniversary, and Legend, but I liked Legend more. Legend was fun because you weren't in jungles the whole time killing animals. I loved that they put humans in Legend, it was about freakin' time. I would like to play a game where the enemy can fight back, not just run away. I would like to see a lot of fighting, and a lot of mystery, and suspense, and also a good amount of exploration.

INTERACTIVITY
I love the interactive cut-scenes in the games, they're great. It makes it so much cooler, because you cannot really do the stuff when you are playing it. So when it is in a cut-scene, you now can, and it looks great, you don't have to sit back, and watch anymore.

LOCATIONS
Please let the locations be huge, and please let us go to every part of the location whenever we want when we are in the location. The locations in Legend were awesome. I loved not going to forests, you could interact with people, and the real world. I'm not saying the jungle boards are bad, I just think the world, and the city should be involved. I would like a board where you have to break into a building, and steal something, bring some suspense into it. The locations need to look beautiful, very interactive, with people if the board is in a city, or some place. Also, let her talk to people, and let the objects around her break, move if they are touched, or shot at.

MOVES
The moves, where to get started. The moves in Legend were awesome, but they did get repetitive. They were really cool, like when you did a back flip off a guy, and shot him in mid-air, that's awesome. Her jumping, and rolling is great. You should add new things to her moves though, like jumping off walls to kick a guy in the face. You should be able to punch, since you can kick, why can't you punch? Her fights should be really cool, they should be in-game play, not cut-scenes.
One move I would love to see is when there is a pole in the ground, she should be able to swing around, and hit the enemies coming. I just want to be able to do more with Lara Croft, than just shoot guns, I wanna be able to punch, kick, and do really outstanding moves.

MUSIC
The music in both Anniversary, and Legend was great, nothing needs to be changed about the music.

EXTRAS
I would like to see her have a lot of different outfits, and please don't make them so hard to get, like the time trial things. Make them like you have to search the area for secret things.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?
I prefer Legend more, I think it was a better game, and the graphics were better, and the gameplay was better, just everything about Legend was better than Anniversary.

Mangar The Dark
19th Sep 2007, 20:43
MODEL

The models used for TRL and TRA were both great. No need to change a thing, just pick one and go with it.

GAMEPLAY
I loved the gameplay in TRA, and if TR8 follows that formula, it will be good. I would just suggest adding a few more non-essential paths to give us a feeling of exploration (but don't overdo it... I hate when I feel like I'm making progress, only to find out I've been wasting my time climbing up to something that just leads to a dead end.)

INTERACTIVITY
The interactive cut scenes are fine. Use them sparingly, and they add to the fun.

LOCATIONS
The focus should be on exotic, abandoned locales. Possibly one modern day locale if it's really essential to the plot, but let the bulk of the action be in caves, jungles, tombs, etc. And let them be abandoned. The TR series kind of swerved off course with TR2 onward because everything was overly inhabited. One of the things I loved about TR1 was that feeling that I was exploring a place that no one else has touched in thousands of years.

MOVES
TRA had some great moves. Bring back the wall-run!! BUT, make the camera a bit more cooperative. Also, improve the swimming controls, and extend the oxygen meter.

MUSIC
Absolutely LOVED Legend's music, and it needs to return for TR8.

EXTRAS
Instead of outfits, give us an extra level. TR1 had just one outfit, and it was an awesome game. Same with TR4. Just goes to prove, Lara doesn't need to be a dress-up Barbie doll to be entertaining.

LEGEND or ANNIVERSARY:
Anniversary, mostly. It was an amazing game that captured the feel of the old games while bringing something new to the table. But the motorcycle chases from TRL were fun, so bring back those (not necessarily motorcycles, of course... skis, speedboats, horses, etc. would all be great!)

floydthebarber
19th Sep 2007, 21:42
LARA CROFT MODEL:
Who cares, she could be ugly with a crew cut and it wouldn't faze me. Just make a game that I want to play.

GAMEPLAY:
Dump all of the childish gimmicks and gadgets and bring back an intelligent, long, challenging (in level design, not in the perplexing and arduous controls) game. One that Lara must return to her old athletic self, not relying on gadgets and silly arcade moves borrowed from other games to move along. Simpler is better, in the controls and in what Lara can do. She's not James Bond or the Prince, so restore her to her rightful place as a Tomb Raider, not a cheap arcade character.

INTERACTIVITY:
Everything (within reason) should be interactive. No more invisible walls in tunnel-like levels. Lara should be able to make or find the things she needs to get by, just like she did when she survived in the Himalayas after her plane crash. Lara is a survivalist, SHOW IT!!! Give her the ability to create items out of things she finds, or to simply throw any object at an adversary. Just make it more interactive, but please by all that's holy get rid of the infantile and insulting IC's. I cannot believe that anyone over the age of 10 would find anything good about them.

LOCATIONS:
I don't care, just make the game good.

MOVES:
No "moves", just an athlete who can do what you and I can do only better. "Moves" are for stupid arcade characters, not serious Tomb Raiders.

MUSIC:
I don't really care. Music, no music, whatever.

EXTRAS:
The "banned" CORE Anniversary game. Make some money on it, don't let it sit and rot.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY:
They're both crap. Cheap and infantile with the worst camera/controls in any game I have ever played. Somehow you found a way to ruin a good story and levels with Anniversary. But still, it was better than Legend, and that's not saying much.

hummingbird87
23rd Sep 2007, 07:19
I hope the make sure every level is replayable. Previous Tomb Raiders have failed to even take this into account which is one of the many reasons I didn't like them.

But a little less linearity would be nice. Also the Legend was full of bugs.

Jake2,0
29th Sep 2007, 03:08
GAMEPLAY:

make Lara run through fire after jumping in a pool of water. or get herself covered in mud by jumping in a mud pool so she can pass a nest of ferocious Hornets ( or bees ).

INTERACTIVITY
I love the way when Lara interact with some objects like climbing statues to get an artifact or opening Coffins and drawers but it should be in real-time not cutscenes.
I really miss kil.... "interacting" with the Natives not the peaceful kind more like the flesh eating kind.

thats all i have,
thanks.

naraku
14th Oct 2007, 00:43
A Castle level which she inherits, to find something new, special, about her own ancestry. Maybe a cousin Croft with good looks and likes adventure, who is a rival. An interesting villain like the MGS one who gives you a hard... time.. Maybe threatens the world with his ambitions. Visit ruins in Iraq, like the Ziggurat and find something new. Or a new undiscovered temple of Zeus, to find a lightning bolt bronze spear of some kind. Run into a man who gets in the way, someone James Bond-ish with sex appeal, not like someone you find at a club, or a bar. Like the guy from the movie The Transporter. Well dressed who kicks but.. Unlike Kurtis who is more like Brandon Lee from the movie the Crow. No Vin diesels or Ice cubes. someone of class suitable for miss croft. Fights on moving ships. Give the player a choice of gear or modes before each level or after it is unlocked, like rock climbing mode, tomb raider mode, scuba diving mode, a choice of grappling hooks magnetic or hooked tip. Not just holsters on her hips riffles in her back, but in her thighs, legs. Maybe one she assembles after getting the parts out from under her soles. River rafting, canoing Zip lining or spider man upside down rope sliding or swinging, like the TR movies. Car chases while Winston drives and she shoots like Arnold Schwarzenegger in T2 or T3. Tough boss battles like Dragons, guys swinging chains like Kung Fu movies or God of War. Giant statues like the gold idol from the first TR movie. A Medusa Head that turns us to stone in a mirror room like environment where you can't tell which is the real Medusa head. That looks like a reflection but actually is the real head or passageway, with mirrors you can actually shoot and shatters. Which she uses to get around the obstacle without looking at the head directly. An room with Roman/ Greek statues that is a trap room and later spears and arrows appear to shoot from them. Maybe she finds an underground Hippodrome complete with horse and chariot we can ride and fight enemy's like something out of Ben-Hur. A new Manor with a car garage and obstacle courses out side complete with shooting range. Horse riding, Cowboy-ing it shooting from the horse. Riding it like Zorro jumping huge cracks in the ground, or over fences. Tombs that look like tombs that look like no one has disturbed them until you came, dark spider webs with spiders, so thick you can't see 3 feet in front of you which you tear when you pass. Bows, quivers, arrows like they left in a hurry. Gold, treasure like in the cave of wonders in the Disney movie Aladdin which you can't touch or is less important than what you seek. Swinging blades like in TR1 which you can climb on and swing from one to the next or like the chandeliers from Bartoli's hideout. Bugs, snakes like a plague the size of chihuahuas that could tear us to shreds. Better commentary from Zip and Alister. Hand to hand combat like something out of Ultimate Fighter to appease those nay sayers about human killings, maybe pistol whipping your foes or if you must have a tag along Kurtis type or Bond type let him handle the annoying henchmen while you solve the puzzle. Bond type should be a smooth talker someone different, a bloke she just met, someone she pretends to dislike but grows on her, who out of nowhere saves her when she or us for that matter least expect it. Have the man earn our affection by actually being useful and not in our way. Take a book out of Resident Evil if you must and Write a new book some other Game Designer will take a book out of in the future. Don't be lazy and just use a game engine(s) that already exist and if you do don't just use it as is, do things that even those game designers didn't think of. Wow us please. Make the game for us grown ups but put parental locks like on movies on PS2 for mature content and if they don't have parental permission let the game play in Teen only mode where blood and sexual content not suitable won't be seen, but if dad finds the game interesting let him unlock it and play with mature content more to his appeal and lock after his done that way adults get theirs and kids can still have tomb raiding fun. Well thats all I can think of. If none of this can get into TR8 Well maybe TR9 or TR10. Raise the bar and use all the Giga's Xbox, PS3, Wii has to offer and ask for more. Thats about all I can think of.

I posted this in a TRA Thread but I think It belongs here instead.

bubby5
14th Oct 2007, 00:43
Lara Model
look like Angelina Jolie.

have her explore some catacombs like beneath churches or cities.Driveable vehicles would be nice.

I would like to see a break-in at her house like in the movie. Oh, and I think legend tried to do that with amanda breaking in but it didnt work out! And get rid of Zip and Alister they're LOSERS!!!!

naraku
14th Oct 2007, 01:44
A break in has been done in TR2 which is where they got the idea for the movie in the first place. In TR3 she explored the London subway. But it would be nice to see it done again.

RUGRLN
14th Oct 2007, 10:47
This is an idea I am pretty crazy about as it was quite popular.
Lara should go to Bermuda Trianlge. It seriously would be amazing!!!!!

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/RUGRLN/bermtriaad.jpg

And clicky for a piccy (http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/RUGRLN/trbermtria.jpg)of the fullscreen Hi-Res box art!

TwinPistols
14th Oct 2007, 12:10
Lara Croft Model
Legend model. But with (even) better graphics.

Gameplay
Hard puzzles to make our brain work, but not too much hard, that would be annoying. please, add more vehicles and please forget ARCADE MODE for bikes!!

InteractivityThe levels could be 90% interactive. If Lara was in a open city, people would run if she drawn her weapons, if she used the binoculars, a dummy would appear in front of her and wave his hand or make grimaces, something like that! Make it real as possible.

Locations
Lots of tombs and some urban environments. Make the game longer, please!

Moves
nothing to say here.

Music
Legend music was great. Anniversary too, but it has some silence moments as TR1. I like both.

Extras
Lots of outfits, artwork and comentaries.

Legend or Anniversary
Bring back the iventory ring from TRA!

This is half of i would like to see in TR8. I hope Eidos and CD pay attention to this thread.

Newly_Calibrated
19th Oct 2007, 15:46
I consider myself an older gamer . I sincerely wish there would be a "skill level" for just "wandering". I know there's one (Easy) marked "Explorer" but I'd love to wander the beautiful terrains just looking around as long as I want to, with nobody shooting at me, etc., until I changed the level to the Easy/Medium/Advanced mode.

Just a thought.

Lara Croft Model
Legend model. But with (even) better graphics - more of the Legend style outfits (we girls love that stuff).

Gameplay
More of the same!!! - but this crap of going ALL THE WAY back through the level every single time we accomplish something stinks!!!!! that is SOOOOOO annoying!!!! --- and more vehicles ! I'd like to see an ATV, a part (perhaps on the Croft Manor) like the movie where Lara is riding a horse and shooting targets (although make it a bit more difficult, but make it in conjunction w/ puzzle solving). The wave runner on the movie Cradle of Life was cool. Can we do that??

I rather preferred Croft Manor in Legend as opposed to Anniversary with the exception that in Anniversary the gameplay lasted longer. In Anniversary I found it annoying for the most part. I'd like to see Croft Manor expanded and be able to explore not only it, but the grounds too.

I liked the guys' interaction with Lara. They should have a way to turn that off though, in options. I realize a lot of other players didn't like it.

Interactivity: I don't have a lot of complaints here. It is what it is. Surprise me! I'd rather have more interaction with other people too.

Locations
I'd like to see Scotland and Hong Kong perhaps. I've had enough of Egypt to be sure...lol
Make the game longer, please!

Moves
nothing to say here.

Music
Legend music was great. I HATED the "attack music" on Anniversary. HATED IT. I couldn't concentrate!! This stunk because I really didn't mind the rest of the soundtrack so I never turned it off.

Extras
Lots of outfits a la Legend - hated the outfits in Anniversary in this regard! artwork and commentaries.

Legend or Anniversary
Legend - all the way.

I might add, I felt Anniversary was very well done - I'm not totally dogging it by any means. It was a great game, but I won't be replaying it like I replay Legend all the time.

When you have been around since the inception of PONG, the stuff EIDOS and others are doing is incredible. A lot of younger people don't understand what it is to have to endure Atari 2600. LOL

naraku
20th Oct 2007, 00:11
I know what it's like to play Atari 2600, I liked it. Being 25 now, I think I was 9 years old when my dad got me one from a garage sale. Later that same year I got a Nintendo.

Newly_Calibrated
24th Oct 2007, 19:52
i remember when Space Invaders came out finally for Atari!!! it was AWESOME! :)

Atari does bring back warm & fuzzy memories. as primitive as it was, it was cool.

my son doesn't know how good he has it though, graphics wise, in comparison. he thinks video games have "always been there". lol

johnnybravoluvslaracroft
24th Oct 2007, 22:30
LARA CROFT MODEL

She needs to be less chunky like the model in Angel of Darkness

GAMEPLAY

Use some of the basic stuff that is in Legend, but way longer and funner

INTERACTIVITY

Need to be at the control at all time not knowing what will happen within the enviorment. And put loads of objects.

LOCATIONS

Personally I would like to see The Burmda Triangle, The Streets of New Zealand and Cannada

MOVES

Lots of flips (for many reasons):whistle:

MUSIC
None of that music

EXTRAS

I would love to see lara in a bunny suit. Like the one in silent hill.

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

NO! I hated both of them Contue from AoD

shuvro_basu
26th Oct 2007, 07:12
Hello Guys n Gals,

I only wish that someone from Crystal Dynamics is actually going to read all of this.

For more information and ideas visit the TombRaider Forums thread at the link below:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60684

There are nearly 2000 posts on what Lara Fans want to have in the new version of the games.....

CD please read ....... :mad2:

skribb
27th Nov 2007, 14:20
LARA CROFT MODEL
Legend Lara is perfect, though I'd make her butt more bodacious and protruding (I can dream can't I? :whistle: ). Also she should have a braid like in Anniversary.

GAMEPLAY
I'm a bit thick-headed when it comes to puzzles so if the Crystal guys made TR8 more of a tomb-romp than a puzzle-platformer then that's fine by me.

LOCATIONS
More cityscapes would be cool (no I'm not saying TR8 should be GTA5 ;) ). Also more outdoor locales such as the Lost Valley.

EXTRAS
Gore, PLEASE. This could even be something you have to unlock in order to enable. As long as there's blood and gibbing in the game. In itself it's a rather trivial detail but holistically it adds a new dimension of realism.

One other thing is that enemies should close their eyes when they die. Gorillas don't look nearly as dead as they should laying on the ground with yellowy glowing eyes wide open.

Eidos/CD, you're the best :thumbsup:

Gamer4Lyfe
5th Dec 2007, 12:06
Graphics: I want TR:U to have mind blowing, pant soiling, pure eye-candy, true-next gen graphics. :D

CharlieTrace
6th Dec 2007, 01:09
It would be neat if you could turn off the checkpoint system in the same way you can enable manual grab (which I LOVE, by the way). But it's not a dealbreaker for me, by any means.

Locations
I think I said this before somewhere on the forum, but I'd love to see more ocean/underwater cave levels. Maybe some sea monsters or something. Or just hints of one large sea monster that is always in the distance or something (the way that the Loch Ness Monster was built up in Lost Artifact). Maybe it could all culminate in a boss fight?

But really, as far as level design goes, more in the vein of Anniversary, with backtracking and branching paths.

Music
I vastly prefer Anniversary's, considering it's a throwback and evolution of the first TR's, which really captured that sense of awe and wonder, as well as the vague hint of danger. For example, the mansion theme that plays while you wander around. It sets the atmosphere very well and seems to imply that while you are safe now, it won't always be so, and that Lara is going to see some very strange, freaky things.

Extra
Those commentaries are fantastic. That is possibly the coolest unlockable I have ever seen in any game. I loved them.

Also, in Croft Manor -- and I know this is a long shot -- I'd love to see Lara's aquarium from TR3 return. That was such a cool area and I love to imagine what it'd look like with the new graphics. I imagine I'd waste lots of time there just watching the fish rather than playing the game.

naraku
8th Dec 2007, 08:08
Since TR8 will be on PS3 I don't think you'll be able to turn off checkpoints. Since the console seems to same using some sort of checkpoint system. So far I think on most games you could save whenever you want.

TRUlover
26th Aug 2008, 23:52
LARA CROFT MODEL
i think she looks best in anniversary because she doesn't look anorexic and unproportioned... i think in the earlier games, they overexxagerated her figure just a wee bit lol but now they made her look like an actual person which is appreciated!!
GAMEPLAY

legend definitely had the best gameplay-although i would like her to run a little faster

INTERACTIVITY

i hope that in TRU there are more people to interact with like legend... don't get me wrong, but just exploring ruins and jungles gets a little lonely...

LOCATIONS

i loved the japan level in legend because it was urban and more near civilization!!!:lol:

MOVES

definitely being able to swing from a rope or ascend from her grapple while shooting her pistols like in Aeon Flux

MUSIC

truthfully i like the music in legend the best
EXTRAS

i hope that in Underworld it has a lot of different outfits! i liked the ones in legend, but they
need to make different outfits and not just put the same outfits in different colours

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

i want TRU to be more like legend because it had a good story

Tomb_Raiderx
27th Aug 2008, 03:30
I love the Legend and Anniversary model of Lara but from what I've seen so far of the Underworld model, I like that one best, she looks way more realistic then the other too, and if they make other TR games after Underworld, I think they should keep the Underworld model.:)

GamemasterJJ
27th Aug 2008, 07:58
I love the Legend and Anniversary model of Lara but from what I've seen so far of the Underworld model, I like that one best, she looks way more realistic then the other too, and if they make other TR games after Underworld, I think they should keep the Underworld model.:)

Everyone has a different vision of the perfect Lara.

RinoTheBouncer
27th Aug 2008, 09:48
LARA CROFT MODEL

I love to see Lara as she is in the game which is the Legend Lara but with no more (LOWER JAWS COMING FAR TO THE FRONT OF HER FACE)

GAMEPLAY

As long and as interesting as possible

INTERACTIVITY

Changing outfits alot, buying stuff , customizing her style , go shopping , visit the city
and a much more interactive Croft Manor

LOCATIONS

Although it's too late to decide these but i love to see her in :

01. Middle East (Iraq, Jordan, Palestine, Syria)
02. The Arab Gulf (U.A.E. / Saudia Arabia)
03. Spain
04. U.S.A (New York / Washington DC)
05. Avalon

MOVES

01. Adrenaline Dodge
02. Wall-Run
03. Wall-Kick
04. Sprint Jump
05. Close-Combat

MUSIC

Legend-Like Style

EXTRAS

01. Time Trials can be multiplayer Online challenge as an extrea option
02. Cheats can be activated by ON/OFF like Anniversary
03. Outfits Creation / Hairstyling

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

Music, Style, Looks and Locations (Legend)
Cheats, Weapons, Adrenaline Dodge and Camera (Anniversary)

blonde croft
27th Aug 2008, 10:11
LARA CROFT MODEL!
Lara From Legend but evil!!! and better graphics

GAMEPLAY!
long but not too long like TRLR and TRAoD!

INTERACTIVITY!
what does this mean?

LOCATIONS!
1)England
2)keyna
3)germany
4)russia
5)china - shanghi

MOVES!
everything that Rino said!!!

MUSIC!
same as Rino! lol

EXTRAS!
the whole of croft manor
Co-op! same screen!

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY!
i don't get this one either!!!

tombraidergal
27th Aug 2008, 10:18
LARA CROFT MODEL

She's perfect but a bit too small, i would do with her being bigger in the gameplay.

GAMEPLAY

If she can sprint and do loads of really cool moves.

INTERACTIVITY

She can interact with certain objects and pick stuff up to hit animals.

LOCATIONS

Australia

MOVES

She can do all the tumbles and moves she can do in legend and anniversary.

MUSIC

I like Legends Bolivia theme tune at the beginning when she's outside the temple and when you start the game, i like the legends theme tune and when you save a game a like that one, (at the end of a level)
I Like anniversary's Waterfall theme tune and Egypt main tune.

EXTRAS

I want the biker outfit to be in it and special forces urban, also maybe legend. i want a better gymnasium and better swim pool with maybe lanes. a place where she can ride her motorbike like a track or practice course. a kitchen and better bedroom, she can go into her garden and it can go from day to night depending how long you stay there for. style your own outfits and mix and match, design a hairstyle and maybe online two player, style lara and make her look different so you both don't look the same when playing!

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

I want them both to be combined, they are both very good and i want legend outfit if its in the extra's to look how it was originally designed with a plait.

Devil666
27th Aug 2008, 10:45
LARA CROFT MODEL

I like the new Lara a lot, the ONLY thing that CD made really WRONG is changing the hair to ponytail :( That sucks! It was always Lara Croft, her dual pistols and her braid :(

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay of all Core Tomb Raider's was gorgeous! Even TRAOD(for me) ... Dark, and her black humor and everything .. Since CD took over the game it has become more ... brighter in some ways :) Dunno it's just me ;) Although the graphics change is HUGE, the moves she can make are awesome ... I hope the new game will be something REALLY new and good :)

INTERACTIVITY

For me the interactive part is the moves she can perform :) Of course the puzzles are the main thing, but I have no complains about them as long as they are LONG, difficult and interesting :) I'm kind of a quest person so for me length of the game should be LOOOOOONGGG :)))))))))) I love to just stay and look at Lara doing nothing or just swimming and climbing around :)

LOCATIONS

I would really like to see Japan, but not the Urban Japan while some tombs ect
I would also like some European Tombs and underworlds :) Syberia is also one of the destinations I would like to see Lara going to ;)

MOVES

From what I've heard and saw from TRU she will be able to perform any move I can think of so nothing to add here :)
Although I'm not happy the new "grab" move ... She looks JUST like a monkey! If she really is an athlete, as the claim her to be, her legs should be stretch tight like a cord not hanging around (my opinion)

MUSIC

I'm not really into music so no different for me :)

EXTRAS

Outfits! This is the greatest and sexiest part of the game :))))) And we should be able to change them not only when we're replaying the game :))))
Also Croft Manor should be bigger and they must bring back the old CORE-Manor style! It was gorgeous! :))

LEGEND OR ANNIVERSARY?

I like them both equally :)