PDA

View Full Version : Making new level slots???

dcw123
3rd Aug 2007, 15:35
How do I make more level slots. I got the XP version and it has 11 levels/wads.
How do I make more levels, I want 15.
I know it's something to do with pasting the script, but I'm not sure.

aktrekker
4th Aug 2007, 07:28
Copy the section of lines from one
[Level]

to the next one. Change the lines to fit the new level. When you change the level name, be sure you type over top of an unused level name in english.txt - NEVER add a line or delete a line. Type the name EXACTLY the same in script.txt and english.txt. Same with the legend and object names.

dcw123
14th Aug 2007, 10:40
I did everything right in the script and engligh.txt.
I created a new wad and tom with the EXACT same name as in the scripts. I overwrote Valley of the Kings in English.txt and it appeared in the menu. BUT when I load it it crashed before starting!!!:mad2:
HELP ME!!! I need more levels for my Tomb Raider 2 Remake!:(

Treeble
14th Aug 2007, 14:30
If it appeared on the menu you probably got it right, the problem being on the level itself. Do you have a tr4 file named after the new script.txt entry?

dcw123
14th Aug 2007, 16:51
Yep. The background audio starts for a second or two and the screen goes black. Then an error message throws my back to desktop!

Treeble
14th Aug 2007, 17:47
Then there's a problem with the TR4 file. Do you have the LARA object in the project you converted? I know it may sound dumb, but it's an often overlooked mistake.

There was a topic about 'random crashes', I think a Search would turn it up.

Driber
15th Aug 2007, 08:54
the crash thread is in the FAQ at the top in the stickes
somewhere at the top of the FAQ in the "important links section" look for a link to "Crash Matters"