PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Path notes for 25.11.2013 ?

Strike5150
25th Nov 2013, 16:19
Are there any patch notes for today?

lucinvampire
25th Nov 2013, 16:30
I believe the last patch notes are the ones available from 21 Nov...they can be found here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8115 ...unless some nice Devs want to update us some more that is ;) hope that helps :D

Strike5150
25th Nov 2013, 16:33
I am also curious if we need to update the client today. Usually helps if we restart steam to kick it in the bum.

Psyonix_Corey
25th Nov 2013, 17:10
There is no client update for today.

hirukaru
25th Nov 2013, 19:58
path notes?
are those paths that are made by notes? (Just trolling do not mind me)

Psyonix_Corey
26th Nov 2013, 01:27
In the interest of transparency regarding updates, we are a bit busy at the moment getting a Beta candidate delivered to QA. Beta is still a ways off, but we're working on features and fixes to get to a point where we can release it and invite lots more players. Things like Map 4, new classes, uncommon / rare items, etc.

As a result we haven't been able to push as many updates to Alpha. Just didn't want you guys to think progress isn't being made!

Strike5150
26th Nov 2013, 09:40
Cool, look forward to it. Thanks for the update.

lucinvampire
26th Nov 2013, 10:06
Corey - Ooohhh new maps and new classes…with these updates you are spoiling us ;) – can you give away any hints?...and do you happen to know when the controller support will be in?

hirukaru
26th Nov 2013, 13:08
In the interest of transparency regarding updates, we are a bit busy at the moment getting a Beta candidate delivered to QA. Beta is still a ways off, but we're working on features and fixes to get to a point where we can release it and invite lots more players. Things like Map 4, new classes, uncommon / rare items, etc.

As a result we haven't been able to push as many updates to Alpha. Just didn't want you guys to think progress isn't being made!

Corey remember, you do not have to test everything internal.
We are here to also test things and not only doing the balacing and crushing the latest bugs.

We will be happy if you can push out things like classes, maps, items and ofcourse I hope new game modes (like last man standing, got a great setup for this, if you want to hear let me know).
So we can test at the same time as the QA does and then you get two times the feedback.
Cause feedback from QA can be different then the feedback we can give you. This way you won't have to add the feedback from QA then get our feedback and change it again.

(just to let you know, if you think this is a bad idea just let me know)

hirukaru
26th Nov 2013, 17:04
Patch notes 26-11 :P
haha
I know it is updated Corey I know it is ;)

I also know the items are still perm.
Noo patch at 18:00 this will take a couple of minutes before server restart I guess :P
But we will enjoy as always.

RainaAudron
26th Nov 2013, 17:12
Yeah, patch is 202MB, what has been changed? :)

Psyonix_Corey
26th Nov 2013, 17:29
Sorry I didn't realize there was an incremental build update coming. I had patch notes prepared for the next build but this one is sort of "halfway" between the latest set of changes. Here are the actual updates for build 73377:

Reaver
Pounce
- Cooldown increased to 10 seconds, was 8

Savage Pounce

Brute
Charge
- Cooldown increased to 12 seconds, was 10

UI
- Tooltips updated/fixed for Kidnap, Abduct, Poison Bola, and Takeoff
- Fire Rate added to Human weapon tooltips

There are more changes pending to Pounce damage and cooldown but we'll evaluate what the 10 second cooldown does for now.

hirukaru
26th Nov 2013, 18:28
Sorry I didn't realize there was an incremental build update coming. I had patch notes prepared for the next build but this one is sort of "halfway" between the latest set of changes. Here are the actual updates for build 73377:

Reaver
Pounce

Savage Pounce

Brute
Charge
- Cooldown increased to 12 seconds, was 10

UI
- Tooltips updated/fixed for Kidnap, Abduct, Poison Bola, and Takeoff
- Fire Rate added to Human weapon tooltips

There are more changes pending to Pounce damage and cooldown but we'll evaluate what the 10 second cooldown does for now.

Oke we let you know about the pounce.

Strike5150
26th Nov 2013, 20:21
I got pounced today by savage pounce from very close, it did 650 damage. I'm guessing that wasn't intended. I think we need to look into its damage scaling.

hirukaru
26th Nov 2013, 23:44
I got pounced today by savage pounce from very close, it did 650 damage. I'm guessing that wasn't intended. I think we need to look into its damage scaling.

Thats why it was so hard to kill those 4 reavers.

Strike5150
27th Nov 2013, 10:40
Yea those guys were vicious! and at least two of them had the savage pounce upgrade.

Xaragoth
27th Nov 2013, 11:33
Brute

That moment when you think Corey announced a new class and he just misspelled Tyrant.

hirukaru
27th Nov 2013, 13:01
That moment when you think Corey announced a new class and he just misspelled Tyrant.

Maby they will change the name to brute instead of Tyrant.
And then make it a real brute that can take some damage from my Siege bow.

lucinvampire
27th Nov 2013, 13:39
Corey no don’t do it ‘cause then he'll just sound like the bad aftershave! (and yep I know the spellings different) though that could create some interesting memes ;)

Psyonix_Eric
27th Nov 2013, 18:38
Maby they will change the name to brute instead of Tyrant.
And then make it a real brute that can take some damage from my Siege bow.

Actually the opposite. For the longest time we called him the Brute so it's a little ingrained in our memories. Tyrant felt better so we changed it but old habits die hard.