PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Echolocation model texture bug

Tough_Badass
23rd Nov 2013, 03:36
While on the servers NAm 268344 and 268347 (maps were Valeholm and Freeport), I noticed using Echolocation would make the human models turn completely black. They would stay this way until they were killed and respawned with their normal character models. I couldn't replicate this bug all the time but it did happen a lot (seemed to happen more the closer I was to the opponents). I can provide screenshots for reference but I'm not too sure if hosting the pics would break the NDA. :hmm:

lucinvampire
23rd Nov 2013, 10:26
Woh that's a weird issue, yeah you don't want to be uploading pictures anywhere 'cause flaming death by SE wouldn't be good! for safety on your part you maybe best emailing them to the Nosgothbugs email address in the sticky thread 'specific info requested...' then you will be safe and that gives you a bit of information to include to help them :D Hope the bug goes away :D

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Nov 2013, 11:20
While on the servers NAm 268344 and 268347 (maps were Valeholm and Freeport), I noticed using Echolocation would make the human models turn completely black. They would stay this way until they were killed and respawned with their normal character models. I couldn't replicate this bug all the time but it did happen a lot (seemed to happen more the closer I was to the opponents). I can provide screenshots for reference but I'm not too sure if hosting the pics would break the NDA. :hmm:

Thanks for reporting this. I haven't seen this one before so I'm interested in finding out more. If you could email Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com with the screenshot(s), a brief description (or just a link to this thread), and your launch.log located in your Nosgoth folder in "Documents\My Games" on your computer, that would be a huge help.

Tough_Badass
23rd Nov 2013, 14:52
Emailed the screenshots and log to the address. Thank you for your time.

Crusader_bin
23rd Nov 2013, 20:27
Emailed the screenshots and log to the address. Thank you for your time.

I'm pretty sure you can link your online steam pics without breaking NDA, since they are always private for Nosgoth. I did, didn't get bannanned :)
And nice find! I didn't think the skill is nice enough to try it myself, while I had so many others unbought, but choosing the rarest possible style of gameplay is good for testing. :)

Xaragoth
23rd Nov 2013, 21:08
Thanks for reporting this. I haven't seen this one before so I'm interested in finding out more. If you could email Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com with the screenshot(s), a brief description (or just a link to this thread), and your launch.log located in your Nosgoth folder in "Documents\My Games" on your computer, that would be a huge help.

I actually send you an e-mail with this bug and a screenshot before. Must've gotten lost. Did you get the one with the invisible wall that you requested a screenshot of? Or did that end up in the middle of the internet void as well?

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Nov 2013, 23:49
I actually send you an e-mail with this bug and a screenshot before. Must've gotten lost. Did you get the one with the invisible wall that you requested a screenshot of? Or did that end up in the middle of the internet void as well?
All of the bugs that are reported go to QA, who tries to further reproduce it internally to get us as much info as possible. Then it comes across our desks to fix. It's not an email that gets sent directly to me or Corey.

Xaragoth
24th Nov 2013, 19:35
All of the bugs that are reported go to QA, who tries to further reproduce it internally to get us as much info as possible. Then it comes across our desks to fix. It's not an email that gets sent directly to me or Corey.

Ah, alright. I actually titled it "For Eric" since you requested it here on the forums :P

hirukaru
24th Nov 2013, 22:17
Ah, alright. I actually titled it "For Eric" since you requested it here on the forums :P

Hmm yeah I always thought Eric and Corey where getting the messages. :(
So where did all the personal messages I sended to the email go. :( (haha just kidding of course)

Well I think the QA did get the mail, but they might get flooded by mails cause I guess people report now more with the mail instead of the forums. Because they can use screenshots.

Hugbringer
29th Nov 2013, 15:15
Just want to add that I had this same issue recently. I tried Echolocation for the first time while running down some stairs, got killed while it was still active as well.

Once I respawned and flew back to the flight, the models were black outlines. Can't quite remember when they returned to normal. I'm hoping I'm remembering my experience as clear as possible. Was also in the City in the mountains (the one thats not burning and doesn't have the docks), can't remember the name of the stage

Psyonix_Eric
29th Nov 2013, 19:07
Hmm yeah I always thought Eric and Corey where getting the messages. :(
So where did all the personal messages I sended to the email go. :( (haha just kidding of course)

Well I think the QA did get the mail, but they might get flooded by mails cause I guess people report now more with the mail instead of the forums. Because they can use screenshots.

We eventually get the messages, but not in the way that you're thinking. Corey handles all things gameplay/programming related and I handle all things art related. It's possible that the Echolocation bug is something that a programmer needs to fix (assigning the right materials when it goes in-and-out of Echolocation) or it could be something that is wrong with the material itself so it's an art problem. Either way, Corey and I do our best to be aware of everything that we can so even if the email never comes across my desk then at least I've seen it in the forums and can keep an eye out for a fix, no matter the department responsible.

hirukaru
29th Nov 2013, 21:47
We eventually get the messages, but not in the way that you're thinking. Corey handles all things gameplay/programming related and I handle all things art related. It's possible that the Echolocation bug is something that a programmer needs to fix (assigning the right materials when it goes in-and-out of Echolocation) or it could be something that is wrong with the material itself so it's an art problem. Either way, Corey and I do our best to be aware of everything that we can so even if the email never comes across my desk then at least I've seen it in the forums and can keep an eye out for a fix, no matter the department responsible.

Oké that clears up that part.