PDA

View Full Version : LoK : the movie

warez
25th Jul 2007, 13:45
Well, the LoK game series are closed :mad2: (but I still hope there will be continue...).
But what are the chances of making a LoK movie?? I mean there is already a nice scenario...
Plus LoK already has a lot of fans :) , so the movie will have certain success.
And if the movie will have success, the game might...... ahh…. whatever....

So what do you think, will it be great to make a movie ?

p.s. it was gust a suggestion..................................

demonic_eye
25th Jul 2007, 18:17
I read something teriffying about this prospect, apparrently Uwe Boll's got his sights set on making an LoK movie... however I'm more than willing to pass this off as rumour (the only 'source' I could find for this was an Australian online newspaper article.) But let's just hope and pray this isn't true, just in case.

I personally like the idea of a movie, but which would you prefer plot wise? I would hope that who ever made it wouldn't be tempted to 'take the series in a new direction' which is usually a euphemism for 'lets b@stardize this already entrenched franchise.' That approach usually winds people up :mad2: and dissapoints fans. I personally feel that the only valid reason for moving away from the games' storyline would be if they were making a concerted effort to fill in plot holes or tighten the story up for the big screen (is that possible? :scratch: .)

I think it would be good to make a movie, but it would have to be handled very carefully. hard questions would have to be asked, like would it be live action or CG? I would think CG because then they could use the original VA's (or at least their recorded voices.) Second of all, which game would they make into a film? It sounds simple, but what if they were making only *one* film? Which game plot would you choose that best represent the series?

Damn, I'm rambling. :nut:

Ok I'm done.

dragonfly2
26th Jul 2007, 03:15
Who said the series is closed ? It's just on hold for now. I recall there's another thread about this same subject about a movie.:p

Rada_Bogdan
28th Jul 2007, 07:05
a wise choice would be to start with the first Blood Omen game,just to familiarize the viewers with the universe...However , given the fact that the story wouldn't attract them too much, i guess they could start with the first soul reaver , and if the movie is succesfull , they could come back for the original blood omen as a sequel...Though i still hope that Crystal Dynamics have a trick up their sleeve and are about to complete the final LoK game somewhere in their workshops and were to shy to talk about it in the last 4 years...

SubSidal
30th Jul 2007, 03:16
Well... The storyline is not closed... There's a cliffhanger at the end of Defiance and there are still many plot holes to be covered.

I REALLY hope that the Uwe Boll rumour stays as it is.... a rumour... That idiot is the opposite of King Midas... Everything he touches turns to *****!!

On the movie: Due to the complexity of the LoK storyline I think a tv series would be more appropriate. If the production crew treats the material with respect we would have a cult series on our hands... Really... Think about it... It has the plot development of a tv show! Not to mention that a tv show lasts longer. Not such a broad audience as a motion picture, but we fans would certainly enjoy it. I know I would! :D

dragonfly2
30th Jul 2007, 03:45
On the movie: Due to the complexity of the LoK storyline I think a tv series would be more appropriate. If the production crew treats the material with respect we would have a cult series on our hands... Really... Think about it... It has the plot development of a tv show! Not to mention that a tv show lasts longer. Not such a broad audience as a motion picture, but we fans would certainly enjoy it. I know I would! :D

:thumbsup: Hey that would be cool to make it a tv series. Our own soaps on the LOK series. :D
They did a tv series for vampire the masquerade call The Kindred. It went off the air because of the scandals over the games causing players to play out thier fantacies and believiing that thier vampires and killing people. Bunch of sick puppies spoillen it for every one.****

Rada_Bogdan
30th Jul 2007, 08:27
Great idea SubSidal...and it would be cool if it were CGI , or at least hire a company wich has experience in animation (like todd mcfarlane's - the one who did the spawn series) ... on the other hand , it would be kind of difficult to include the voices of tony jay or michael bell's .They could however hire some actors with almost identical voices ; problem is to find the right ones.On the other hand , alongside a possible movie , it would be a very good idea from the original CD team who was involved in the LoK series to write a novel , this way putting an end to the saga.It's the least they could do.I'm not that much eager to PLAY a final installment in the series , but to read the grand finale of this epic story.I can bet that this would be a best seller , managing not only to recapture the attention of gamers , but with the proper marketing tools , it could attract more people to the series , who upon reading the book , will eventually go and buy the other games;and money , lots of money will flow in the pockets of CD and Eidos.So if they abandon the series , it's to their own loss...

SubSidal
30th Jul 2007, 12:42
If it was up to me, I would structure the series this way:

Season 01: Blood Omen 1 story (all the quests and sidequests would make a lovely first season. One episode for each guardian, one for the toymaker, etc... A three-episode story for King William the Nemesis! :cool: )

Season 02: Unknown story just before SR (kain building an empire. Raziel and his brethen enslaving the humans....) The last episode depicting Raziel's banishment (Thus leaving the audience Thirsty for another season!)

--Blood Omen 2 could fit into a movie... A TV Movie premiering while the masses still had LoK on their minds.)

Season 03: SR1 and SR2 (Since SR is more puzzles and less story than SR2, the first third of the season could be Raziel killing his former brethren while chasing kain and the last 2 thirds the time travel and blablabla) Season would finish with the same cliffhanger than the SR2 game. The non-gamefan viewer would go crazy: "What happens now?! WHAT?! Arghh I can't stand it... I want to see the next season Now!)

--Blood Omen 2 Movie could also be premiered in this gap. Thus introducing the Hylden who will appear in the 4th Season.

Season 04: Defiance... and... who knows? :D

Believe me Rada_Bogdan... If the series was successful there would be novels, comic books, action figures all over the place. :D :D :D

Im sure LoK would make a great tv show for the Sci-Fi channel or something.

Regarding the voices... The best way to go is to have actors (need to be really good actors or the series would lose it's mood) do the physical part and Simon T. and the others could dub later (this method has been done plenty of times)

Rada_Bogdan
30th Jul 2007, 20:46
excuse me , but explain me how could a real person interpretate Raziel's hidious form?with all the make-up that hollywood has to offer , it can't possibly come close to shaping raziel's wrath form.If only they could use the same technology wich has been used in LOTR in the creation of Gollum.But that's quite expensive , and i think that a possible lok tv show would be low-budget.

SubSidal
30th Jul 2007, 20:58
It’s easier than you think.... prosthetics. And a green cloth on the waist, since he has no flesh there... Raziel would be one of the easiest things... Janos and the hylden would be much more complicated.

TheWatcher
31st Jul 2007, 02:15
Ah, the old LoK movie business. Good to see there's still interest in it, but you good people are beating a severely dead horse. I'd still love to see a LoK movie trilogy in much the same vein as LotR (there's plenty of story as-is), but I'm done believing anything until there's an official announcement. :mad:

Rada_Bogdan
31st Jul 2007, 11:54
Amin to that...it's funny how crystal dynamics didn't give the smallest clue about what will happen with the series.At least they could give a statement and say "that's a wrap!no more kain and raziel for nobody" . But noooo!They just sit there and count their money Lara just brought in the house in the past 2-3 years...it's beyond my mean of understanding...Prosthetics you say?And how cand that expose an empty abdominal cavity?Or the lack of a jaw?...and since we are still in the "what if" chapter , let me suggest the most suitable actor that could play Kain:Anthony Hopkins.He could be the perfect choice(having played numerous theatre plays and a heck load of cinema experience.And he kinda resembles kain on some aspects)However , he should really start working out those man-tits and belly:whistle:

SubSidal
31st Jul 2007, 12:51
In the abdomen... A green cloth (to make the green screen effect, but on a person's body... animators would then replace it)... Anthony Hopkins would be a perfect Vorador!! ;) Kain would have to be a younger actor... :scratch: But for the tv series concept it would have to work without such high-rolling actors... Probably theatre actors... They would get the dramatism that the series requires... :D And there are many great actors we havent even heard about... :cool:

Rada_Bogdan
31st Jul 2007, 14:57
ooooow! green screen effect , right.Ain't that expensive . I mean , 300 had a low budget and they did the film almost entirely using blue/green screen effect and lookie:a box office winner...Hayden Christensen as Kain or Raziel?:rolleyes: it would definetely attract the female segment of viewers :P

Rivenmjk
2nd Aug 2007, 05:23
excuse me , but explain me how could a real person interpretate Raziel's hidious form?with all the make-up that hollywood has to offer , it can't possibly come close to shaping raziel's wrath form.If only they could use the same technology wich has been used in LOTR in the creation of Gollum.But that's quite expensive , and i think that a possible lok tv show would be low-budget.

this is how...

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=razielmf2.jpg

:D

Rada_Bogdan
2nd Aug 2007, 08:47
holy mother of...:eek: :eek: Can this guy hold his breath for more than 10 minutes (like guybrush threepwood would) ? F.R.E.A.K. !

alepu
16th Aug 2007, 13:15
There have been 2 Tomb Raider movies made and the Hitman movie will be released in September. I think that LOK being made into a movie is inevitable.
But I don't want Uwe to direct it. Even Gans is a better director. Though he pretty much ruined the story of Silent Hill, he managed to preserve its ghastly atmosphere.

dragonfly2
18th Aug 2007, 02:26
If there's ever to be a LOK movie it has to be CGI it's the only way to do the special effects the vampires use .

Rivenmjk
1st Nov 2007, 04:34
:D here's something interesting i noticed while watching Dracula200 last night...

http://www.mcheathers.com/Gerard4.htm

scroll down - pics 2,6,9,11,12 have something in common with the way the lieutenants looked..

don't know? well.. i'll leave that up to you to figure out!

btw i couldn't find a screenshot but in the beginning of the movie Dracula looks like a certain "bleached elf" we all love.

:whistle:

rross46
10th Nov 2007, 15:10
I would hate to see this butchered on screen. Hollywood can't do game movies, they always strip away the parts that make the game good and thus leave the game ****. That said not all aspects can be transferred to screen but LoK has the luxury of having many of its strengths in its plot and characters, easily transferrable but they would always mess it up.

As someone mentioned earlier, I think a trilogy could work if it was done right, if they would stay true to the essence of the game but I have little faith that such a thing could happen. And if a movie came out, a new game would be on the cards for sure and maybe a re-release of Blood Omen. Unlikely though.

Rivenmjk
14th Nov 2007, 02:22
I would hate to see this butchered on screen. Hollywood can't do game movies, they always strip away the parts that make the game good and thus leave the game ****. That said not all aspects can be transferred to screen but LoK has the luxury of having many of its strengths in its plot and characters, easily transferrable but they would always mess it up.

As someone mentioned earlier, I think a trilogy could work if it was done right, if they would stay true to the essence of the game but I have little faith that such a thing could happen. And if a movie came out, a new game would be on the cards for sure and maybe a re-release of Blood Omen. Unlikely though.

:D true but i think an lok movie would be best made by peter jackson...and only him IMO!

spectral_reaver
14th Nov 2007, 23:05
:) I Always Dreamed Of This.......sometimes I Think Making An Animated One By Myself.......:)

....& At last, made a Reaver.....
Check it out: http://www.cgdiary.org/user/gallery/view/name_praveen3d/id_1143/album_236/

dragonfly2
15th Nov 2007, 00:23
:) I Always Dreamed Of This.......sometimes I Think Making An Animated One By Myself.......:)

....& At last, made a Reaver.....
Check it out: http://www.cgdiary.org/user/gallery/view/name_praveen3d/id_1143/album_236/

:eek: omg you made that it's incredible!! That thing looks so real, It's better than those crappy things on Ebay. Do have it posted too on deviantart?

spectral_reaver
15th Nov 2007, 06:29
dragonfly2: Ok, I'll post a hi-res version to all LoK fans & wll post it on deviantart soon...

& :confused: What?? is the Reaver available on ebay:confused: ??

dragonfly2
16th Nov 2007, 02:02
Yeah but it looks like crapp (excuse the language) but it does.the hilt looks too much like a gargoyl than a skull and why they made the eyes red I'll never know. It's plain ugly and poor quality, that my oppinion of course .:rasp: http://cgi.ebay.com/Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver-Vampiric-sword_W0qqitemZ110193761770QQihZ001QQcategoryZ475QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DeifiedKain
21st Feb 2008, 23:14
I've been thinking about this for awhile. This first made me think of who can play Kain. I was watching Underworld, and the characters in it very much reminded me of LOK and Soulreaver. Bill Nighy who plays the step father in "Shaun of the dead" and Davey Jones in "Pirates", eerily sounds very much like Simon Temple especially when he gets angry. The part in Underworld where he was regenerating, already looked somewhat like an evolved Kain.

Clip from Youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2Gjj_TwpWA

The guy who played the half breed in Underworld already looked like Raziel, all they need to do is take out the jaw and abdominal area, put on a brown rag around the mouth and there's your Raziel!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=35iZsw4c0OU

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie as long as they make it right and it's actual pretty clever.

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 19:45
as long as it isn't Uwe Boll................. ****