PDA

View Full Version : MISC. My first week playing Nosgoth, my thoughts.

Shadowray
22nd Nov 2013, 01:28
Hello everyone. This is my first week playing Nosgoth and I am very impressed so far but there is a few things that I didn't like when I first started playing. When got into a game I had no idea how to play, it took my a while but I eventually figured it out. I wasn't really bothered by this but new players may feel like they were just chucked in without any direction. One suggestion is to implement a tutorial for each class so that new players do not feel like they do not know what to do. Nothing too fancy, just a simple tutorial to show them the controls and basic mechanics of the game. Also, this may be a glitch but for some reason there is random numbers in the background. If anybody knows how to fix this please tell me. Overall I really enjoyed playing Nosgoth and I can see that it has great potential. I can't wait to see it grow and become even better.

Lomonop
22nd Nov 2013, 10:16
When got into a game I had no idea how to play, it took my a while but I eventually figured it out. I wasn't really bothered by this but new players may feel like they were just chucked in without any direction. One suggestion is to implement a tutorial for each class so that new players do not feel like they do not know what to do. Nothing too fancy, just a simple tutorial to show them the controls and basic mechanics of the game.
There is a survival guide on the forums with some tactics and controls. I do agree however that it would be nice to have a link of some sort to this in the game.

Also, this may be a glitch but for some reason there is random numbers in the background.
That is a unique identifier which helps SE to track whoever violated the NDA by leaking screenshots.

hirukaru
22nd Nov 2013, 12:51
Check my sig,

Should say enough I guess.

lucinvampire
22nd Nov 2013, 15:38
The Alpha guide is very helpful :D there is also a key functions in the game menu when you load in, though hard to remember them all whilst learning.
I've added a one page 'print off' sheet to the Alpha guide thread that might help for quick reference when playing :D
Hope you are enjoying yourself and hope to see you around!

Taldare
24th Nov 2013, 11:18
A short video for each charater type would help, it would save new players from being at a disadvantage, I like the game so far but I really hope it becomes more then just a PvP multi player. The world of Nosgoth has some of the best background and character story arcs of any game I have played in the last twenty years, I really want to be able to explore Nosgoth and see Khains empire at the height of its power.

Xaragoth
24th Nov 2013, 19:55
A short video for each charater type would help, it would save new players from being at a disadvantage, I like the game so far but I really hope it becomes more then just a PvP multi player. The world of Nosgoth has some of the best background and character story arcs of any game I have played in the last twenty years, I really want to be able to explore Nosgoth and see Khains empire at the height of its power.

Videos are probably gonna be around when the numbers on the screen aren't distracting anymore. Guides and Tutorials for each class and all that, but from the community most likely. No idea if they have any plans at Psyonix right now to make anything. I think a Tutorial was planned though, wasn't it?