PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help in the Second Level

andrewmc
21st Jul 2007, 17:40
ok...soo....

i need help in the second level where you have to open the big door and you have to go in the room on the right and jump around and then the room on the left?

ok in the room on the left when im hanging on the wall trying to jump to the platform backwards?...i ALWAYS miss it by like 2 inches...i have done it so many times and its officially pissin me off...

and i dont know whats going on cause all there is to do is jump but its too far away

some help would be much appretiated...THANKS!!!

Spong
21st Jul 2007, 23:12
HOORAY!!!
So I'm not the only one!? I wasn't going mad!?

I feel your pain. I had exactly the same problem in exactly the same place! If I tried once, I tried a three hundred times. As you say, her fingers are inches from the ledge but she misses EVERY SINGLE TIME!! And turning the manual grab off doesn't help either.

I have no idea how to solve it though. I ended up uninstalling it, then going out and buying the PS2 version. I put the PC bug down to a text box that's meant to pop up specifically when Lara grabs THAT ledge.

But you have my pity. I know how infuriating it is... :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

claire2312
24th Jul 2007, 17:47
ok...soo....

i need help in the second level where you have to open the big door and you have to go in the room on the right and jump around and then the room on the left?

ok in the room on the left when im hanging on the wall trying to jump to the platform backwards?...i ALWAYS miss it by like 2 inches...i have done it so many times and its officially pissin me off...

and i dont know whats going on cause all there is to do is jump but its too far away

some help would be much appretiated...THANKS!!!

me to having the same problem - no solution found yet:mad2:

Xcom
24th Jul 2007, 21:01
Try reducing resolution and disabling fullscreen effects (if enabled)

Then:

City of Vilcabamba, left hand room with square pool of water. Lara has to traverse the room and end up on the platform leading further in.

This jump is possible but it can be a bit difficult. In order to do the jump, slide along the ledge before the jump, right in to the wall. Hold the button down for the direction she is to jump in then press and hold down the jump key. This will make her jump and reach for the platform (holding down jump makes Lara jump further).

Discordia666
26th Jul 2007, 13:36
Yeah, this is a known quirk. It's sort of a bug, I guess. The distance to the platform seems to be slightly different in different resolutions. In some, it seems just a bit further.

Like Xcom says, try lower resolutions. But also, as it says on the Eidos FAQ, if you HOLD the jump key down, Lara reaches just a bit further.

Discordia666
26th Jul 2007, 13:41
Incidentally, I played the whole game at high resolution and never once experienced this apparent problem of ledges being just too far away.

I'm sure it's just down to players' individual techniques. If, like me, you tend to hold down the jump key ('cos I'm too slow-whitted to let go!!), you don't have the problem. If, however, you tend to press and release it, you do.

reviewer007
5th Aug 2007, 09:23
There seems to be a problem with the coordinates "blowing out" from time to time depending on display mode and resolution. This happens in several points in the game. (Absolute Vs. Relative.) This came out once before with the Doom/Quake engines years ago. They fixed theirs with a patch.