PDA

View Full Version : PS2 - TRex not taking damage!

SeymourKane
21st Jul 2007, 14:45
WARNING: May contain spoilers.

Hi all, I've been trying to beat this boss for the last 2 hours and my frustration level is really high :mad2:

I've figured out how to kill him but only been able to get him to crash into the spiked logs once. Now, whenever I get him to charge he just stops right in front of the log, doesn't destroy it and doesn't take any damage. I have died and died and just don't know what to do.

Thanks

Closet Gamer
21st Jul 2007, 15:10
I got right under his back legs by the base of his tail and kept shooting , he was unable to turn around and move . you have to find just the right spot but it worked for me twice (forgot to save it the first time :eek: ). keep trying you will get it :rolleyes:

SeymourKane
22nd Jul 2007, 11:33
Ok, It seems I was doing this dodge-slomo thing wrong. Gee, what a pain that move is. I could never get it right. Anyway, if all boss' battles are gonna be like this I'm not looking forward to the next one. :(

MasterBuffalax
25th Jul 2007, 19:41
Yeah, the adrenaline dodge is kinda tricky. You might want to practice it a little, though, because it's necessary for all the bosses in the game. Especially in boss fights where you don't have too many enemies to worry about at once, try standing in place once the boss' rage bar is full and devoting your full attention to the dodge. That makes it easier than trying to run around and pull off a dodge at the same time.

Discordia666
26th Jul 2007, 13:46
Yeah, I found that trick of standing still works well.
You MUST make sure you are locked on by holding the Combat Mode Toggle key down and don't let go. This is the secret. And DO NOT fire after the creature becomes enraged. Wait til it charges and the screen goes into slow-mo, then (still holding the lock on) press and hold the crouch and hit left or right. Lara will roll but still hold her aim on the target. When the reticule flashes on the head and beeps, FIRE.
If you do this in front of the spiked log things, the Rex will stumble into them and take a lot of damage.
After you've done it a few times, it will become easy.

alan baker
30th Jul 2007, 15:23
hide in the bushes and keep firing until rage meter is nearly full takes about 15 minutes
alan b