PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Concerning Fees and Payments

Pages : [1] 2

Haur3s
27th Jul 2012, 12:58
Important: Should you ever run into any payment-related issues, contact customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1).

Are there other ways to pay the sub besides a use of a debit card?

CxplorerV3
15th Aug 2012, 20:48
1-If I already have FFXIV on my PC,will I get 2.0 for free via an update or I will have to buy a new game?

2-Will there be solo play and PVP? I forgot those details.

member_10319511
17th Aug 2012, 20:34
I would also like to know the answere to these questions.

member_10477782
17th Aug 2012, 20:51
I also would like to know if FF14 Reborn is being markted as a new game id have to buy or if own the first one gets you a free pass to it.

ESCUDO
18th Aug 2012, 02:17
Hello, i have Final fantasy XIV since January. I've played it and liked it a lot, however there was a problem called sttuter in places with other people, this happens because of the slow hard drives people have these days, at that time i didn't feel like buying an SSD, but now i have one and i wanted to try the game again, unfortunately i have a problem with the payment, it gives an error, it's that it doesn't accept it just gives an error that somethign went wrong.

Sadly i had to come over here for help because i'm not allowed to go to the Offical game forum since the subscription isn't active.

I missed the Goobue mount due to this which is not a problem by far, but i wanted to play the game again before 2.0

If i use a CC the site uses something called "Global --something--" i remember using a Digital Games website (Not sure if it was GamersGate or GMG or even other one) that used this method it it gave the error as well, fortunately that website had Paypal so it fixed the problem, FFXIV doesn't have Paypal at the moment which is sad.

I've tried ClickandBuy a it's been almost two weeks and i didn't receive the code they say they send to confirm the card.

I'm not sure if ClickandBuy has an option like Paypal where once i go to the Payment option it allows me to pay with the CC directly (where they charge % like Paypal).

Can anyone help me please? Thank you very much =)

djgoldengorilla
19th Aug 2012, 02:24
acording to what i read on there site. if you have the original game you are automatically in the 2.0 as an upgrade after the beta.

Since not everyone will be in the beta. most people will have to wait until its finished. Either way if you bought FFXIV you get 2.0 for free.

member_10538132
21st Aug 2012, 06:26
Hi hi,

1. if you have FFXIV registared and everything you WILL get a one month free trial, like a welcome back pass for 1 month. you'll be able to download it once the servers go down.

2. Yoshi-P is actually a hardcore PVP'er in Dark Age of Camalot, so having pvp is important and will be there on launch, right now we know is a arena style pvp atm.

Jarjar355
2nd Jan 2013, 11:26
I know that most of this stuff is still undetermined yet but do you guys think that you will be able to buy memberships through the PSN Marketplace? Cause honestly that would probably be the easiest option for me.

Jarjar355
2nd Jan 2013, 11:29
I know most of this stuff is still undetermined but do you guys think that you will be able to buy memberships via the PSN Marketplace? I hope so cause that would probable be the easiest payment option for me.

deafwing
6th Jan 2013, 10:06
I know most of this stuff is still undetermined but do you guys think that you will be able to buy memberships via the PSN Marketplace? I hope so cause that would probable be the easiest payment option for me.

That would make too much sense for a company like Square Enix but perhaps they can't make money that way?

It would be cool if they did that though - imagine how much easier it would be for people to get into FF XIV?

I ignore that title simple because of the horse-s***t nonsense you have to go through to set up an account. -_- You'd think that a million dollar company would make things straight forward for new and current fan bases. In general companies like EA tried this to and in the long run it just doesn't sit well with users when you make things too complicated.

member_10463766
7th Jan 2013, 10:42
Man, I hope they do.. It's a serious pain for me to do it another way.

Atkinsj7
26th Jan 2013, 22:05
have Square enix decided on a price for FFXIV A Realm Reborn? i
would like to know the price for the ps3 version.

xerxes035
1st Feb 2013, 21:54
Hello.I never got to play ffxiv 1.0,at the time,no PC... So,is ffxiv not avaliable to download anymore,and is it free to play like it used to be?I just got a PC so im totally out of the loop! I registered for beta testing,but I didnt think that I needed ffxiv1.0(I dont know what I was thinking!)Do I still have a chance to make beta?

member_10025263
2nd Feb 2013, 12:33
You can still get into beta, however the game will NOT be free when officially launched. You can find the prices...

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaig... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy)

On that site, for when they do begin charging. You don't need 1.0 for anything, so you're good, but to my knowledge you'll have to buy A Realm Reborn when it comes out.

member_10168025
2nd Feb 2013, 13:16
If you own a copy of FFXIV 1.0 you will be able to download a free copy of FFXIV:ARR. How they will go about this exactly has not yet been released. Please refer to

finalfantasyxiv.com

and the lodestone

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/persona... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/personal/home )

Dengojin
4th Feb 2013, 01:58
it will be 39$

26th Feb 2013, 11:09
Can't find a straight answer anywhere via google:

I intend to play FF14ARR and heard I'd need a clickandbuy account if I want to pay for my game/subscription via credit card. Has this been resolved (it's relatively old info, to be honest) or is one of the biggest game developers in the world still contracting out their MMO billing?

Dekkarra
26th Feb 2013, 12:39
You don't need to use Clickandbuy.

In the account management site you can enter your credit/debit card directly in there. You can also use the UltimatePay option to pay with PayPal and Ultimate Gamer Cards you find in stores

26th Feb 2013, 12:42
Is this the FF14 account management or the SE account management ?

26th Feb 2013, 12:43
I somehow double posted in navigating from mobile to full site, mods feel free to delete this , thanks!

Crystal_Power
2nd Mar 2013, 21:12
Hello everyone, I've NEVER played an MMO before but I've become highly interested in Final fantasy XIV and eventually plan to play all main numbered Final Fantasy's. I just need to know have the monthly fee been annouced. How much will it cost to play this game each month on PS3 and how do you purchase these monthly plans, do you buy them from stores like gamestop? I'd really appricaite any help.

vettacon
3rd Mar 2013, 06:09
if its anything like ff11 it will be around 11 dollars a month but since cost of living has gone up since then it will more likely be 15 a month im just guessing tho

Crystal_Power
6th Mar 2013, 19:33
Oh my! I'm hoping it will be $11 then, or if not that, then cheaper...

kingruby108
6th Mar 2013, 19:38
Not sure how much it'll be but from my past expierence on Runescape, you pay by your own charge/credit card.

Crystal_Power
6th Mar 2013, 20:01
Okay that sounds good, looks like I won't have to leave out ot pay.

AmberKAt
6th Mar 2013, 21:23
I'm gonna assume it will be most likely around the $11-15 if it's anything like other MMOs I've played, but maybe they'll have other options to where you can buy like 3 months or 1 full Year or something, so you have the option of paying so much up front for a certain amount of time if you so chose, but obviously had both options for those that would rather pay month-by-month (:

hoping to get in to the beta for this game..although for me, I'd have to be on PC because I don't have a ps3 ):

isntqxl
7th Mar 2013, 06:40
Ill agree with amber, its probably going to be the typical 11-15. It maybe $11 like f11 but my guess is its goingto be $14-15 like some of the bigger mmo names out there. Buying groups is usually available and probably cheaper in the long run but always try the game first! Also amber i hope i get into the beta aswell. Luckily i have both a pc and a ps3 but i would much rather want iton my PC.

Crystal_Power
7th Mar 2013, 11:26
Thank you all for your replies, I'll get one month first and then purchase in groups if I like the game. I plan on playing this game on my Playation 3.

Button
19th Mar 2013, 01:02
MMO's generally never go over $15. It's a good price for a full month of entertainment. You pay more going to the movies, trippled that amount yeah.

Crystal_Power
21st Mar 2013, 18:25
MMO's generally never go over $15. It's a good price for a full month of entertainment. You pay more going to the movies, trippled that amount yeah.

Yea, Thank you.

Kirito-black05
26th Apr 2013, 21:35
Hello it's my first time joining a mmorpg ever and I wonder for FFXIV account management site, do I need to buy crystals in order to participate in beta, & other things in general?

Grimoire
27th Apr 2013, 02:56
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

Kuter
24th May 2013, 09:34
Can't pre-order FF14 CE because of that ?(´??)?

lalo.martinez.714
27th May 2013, 22:42
Hi
I just found myself kinda upset when I realize FFXIV:ARR require a monthly fee.... this monthly fee reduced my desire to get it. If you already selling the copy (and if you want to play eitherway on your PC or your PS3 you must paid for 2 copies) and you will put a cash shop why you should had to charge a fee. I don't get it and Im not whining I'm just saying with that montly fee you lose me. And I'm a hardcore cashopper but Unfortunately im not paying montly fees to play a game. Maybe one day when this came become rid of monthly's fees I will pay for a copy of FFXIV

member_10534253
27th May 2013, 23:08
Hi
I just found myself kinda upset when I realize FFXIV:ARR require a monthly fee.... this monthly fee reduced my desire to get it. If you already selling the copy (and if you want to play eitherway on your PC or your PS3 you must paid for 2 copies) and you will put a cash shop why you should had to charge a fee. I don't get it and Im not whining I'm just saying with that montly fee you lose me. And I'm a hardcore cashopper but Unfortunately im not paying montly fees to play a game. Maybe one day when this came become rid of monthly's fees I will pay for a copy of FFXIV

Name any solid MMO that is Free, i know it sucks but look at it in the long run, 10-15$ a month to play endless ammount of a game with content to last you months or even years as the game progresses over a 70$ Title that lasts you a few hours and minimal same gameplay of a online expierence. Plus what is 10-15 to play a game? That is chump change unless you have a terrible job or horrible pc, just stick to crap games such as CoD and MW.

Fubar4585
28th May 2013, 05:52
Hey lalo,

I can honestly see where your coming from. I haven't given it a second thought until recently because of the fee as well. With that being said, think about this.

How much do spend on cash shops alone?

How many free games do you play at this calibur?(Considering graphics, socialization, and cross platform play.)

How long do you think you can play this game and would it justify the fee?

These are questions I've asked myself as well. There were more but figured those were key. I'm a rather thrifty person by nature and I don't spend money without thought, research, and overall value to myself, not just the general population.

I can honestly say I'm convinced it is worth every penny and will pre-order ASAP. I feel(after hours of online searching, watching, adding, and subtracting, lol) this is a good deal for what I in particular will be getting. I'll be picking up standard edition(like I said,thrifty). Just consider these questions and you may or may not realize the money you can actually save, the entertainment you can feel, and new friends and adventures you can have.

Not to mention I am a now RENEWED FF franchise fan. Haven't looked back since FFX. Thanks and good luck.

html_removed html_removed

Tachimeh
28th May 2013, 10:41
Hi

Name any solid MMO that is Free, i know it sucks but look at it in the long run, 10-15$ a month to play endless ammount of a game with content to last you months or even years as the game progresses over a 70$ Title that lasts you a few hours and minimal same gameplay of a online expierence. Plus what is 10-15 to play a game? That is chump change unless you have a terrible job or horrible pc, just stick to crap games such as CoD and MW.

Actually there are a ton of solid free mmos Tera, Aion, Dc Universe online, Planetside 2, Tf2, Neverwinter, and soon to be Rift. Free to play is the new way of mmos belive it or not. Now saying that, I think this game is very much worth the price with all the content and customization it has. Will it fail like all other pay to play mmos besides WoW? Probably not, but I have a feeling the game will have a medium-low sized player base because most people are not willing/can't spend 14$ a month on a game. Now in my opinion I think this game should be buy to play...but thats just me.

member_10534253
28th May 2013, 17:27
Tera, Aion, DC Universe and TF2 *not even a mmo* are not solid mmo's thats why they failed and people returned to World of Warcraft, TF2 is free and the community went to crap right after, Neverwinter has some potential but i don't see it surpasing anything or threatning WoW community no matter how lame WoW has gotten. And to make FFXIV ARR a pay to win game would ruin it. It would be Diablo 3 all over again, Highly anticipated huge failure.

LennethLionK3
28th May 2013, 18:41
I agree with Centauro. All the the F2P games I've tried are fun in the beginning, only to later realize that the games are completely broken. Whether it be from Cash Shop, RMT, or poor player base. Whatever your opinion is of SE and their service to their customers, they will do everything in their power to stop RMT from happening. They had their hardships with FFXI regarding RMT, and have more or less learned how to stomp it out. The p2p format helps with this issue immensely. In my experience, p2p also weeds out the morons you find in most f2p mmo's (like Maple). The Cash Shops / Item Malls usually make the games completely unbalanced and hard to enjoy for me, and FFXIV will have item customization in game, where you can change the colors of your gear pretty easily, so in my eyes the Shop/Mall seems pointless.

I won't be playing at launch because I don't have the extra money to play, but SE is making the right choice with p2p.

Mischiefmaker
28th May 2013, 19:56
I paid almost US$1,000 in monthly fees in 6 years of FFXI, was well worth it. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

And I'm willing to do it again for this game. ^^v

Tachimeh
28th May 2013, 20:09
Oh my god. I wish I had 1000$ to drop on a game. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-surprised.gif And not all f2p mmos are pay to win, while a lot of them are some of them arent. I think free to play games just get the bad rep of pay to win even if they aren't.

venkaramon
29th May 2013, 00:51
Its just general stereotyping that most f2p games are pay2win I have come across some that aren't too bad but its still right to think that f2p producers are more focused on updating their cash shop than actually fixing probs or getting content out because that is their top source of revenue if not only source.

Having played both f2p and p2p games I can say from experience and observation some of not most cash shoppers I know tend to actually spend more on f2p games. So yeah f2p have more hardcore cashshoppers but p2p tends to bank on brand / game loyalty.

I paid almost US$1,000 in monthly fees in 6 years of FFXI, was well worth it.

And I'm willing to do it again for this game. ^^v

I wish I was a part of the XI world but sadly that was the time where school mattered more XD and thats not even 50 cents a day well an estimate but the point holds.

cody040192
29th May 2013, 04:45
My issue with this is huge.

So a NA player cannot simply pay for their EU Player's membership or anyone being kind without being subject to paypal's FEES or other FEES?

I do have an issue with being a good, kind, caring person and I think Square should just Suck it up and help people such as myself to do this.

The situation

I plan to pay for Myself and MY friend's membership We are in different countries, I'm in the United States she is in Europe, in london it shouldn't be SO difficult to gift her membership when service fee's occur.

So Now I have to transfer money from My bank to a paypal and then she has to just go all through it.

Will there be a system to where we can just GIFT cryta to another Square account or something?

This is such a huge issue for me I want to play the game but honestly if Square wont offer people the ability to GIFT members then I just am pissed off.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

The disc copies of the game may be region locked although we do not have any information at this time. We would suggest that you purchase an EU disc for the EU account and an NA disc for your own.

Unfortunately, due to your location not matching your friends account it may not be posible to pay for her subscription as well as your own.

The safest way to resolve the issue without sharing any details would be if you gift her the payment via a PayPal gift, and then she can purchase *Crysta using PayPal through UltimatePay.

*Crysta is a digital credit on the SQUARE ENIX account which can be used to pay for the subscription.
"

edwardlt
29th May 2013, 11:10
Hi,

Does NA SE accept other countries, (Malaysia) credit card for subscription payment for FF XIV ARR? If not how can i pay my subscription? I heard EU SE accepts our credit cards.

LennethLionK3
29th May 2013, 18:13
Yeah, I played FFXI a good 5 years or so all together. Paying for Sub and Expansions were well worth it to me. I played all the time and could barely keep up with all the lvling and content before the next expansion would come. Wish I could join the fun in FFXIV.

Sadly, in my experience, all of the other mmorpg games that have been able to keep my interest fall under the category of Pay2Win or heavy RMT, which in turn is basically the same as Pay2Win because the economy of the game gets completely jacked. There probably are a couple games out there that aren't like that, but none that I personally enjoy.

Grimoire
29th May 2013, 19:09
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

member_10654382
29th May 2013, 21:14
FTP games are a disease, rotting the MMO industry from the inside-out. Hopefully this game will be a comeback of legitimate, quality content & support.

DS89
30th May 2013, 11:54
I tried pre-ordering the FF14 ARR PS3 CE earlier today with two credit cards, but it doesn't appear that using more than one card for a single purchase is an option. I then learned of crysta and decided to use both cards to buy crysta towards the purchase of the game, but the decription of crysta's uses appears to be very vague, with it detailing its uses to be for online service fees, security tokens, and "more." I don't remember there being an option for payment of the game other than credit card earlier, so I would like to know before buying crysta if it actually can be used to purchase games.

Grimoire
30th May 2013, 12:07
I don't think that you will be able to purchase actual games using Crysta. At least not outside of Japan. It's more of a mini-transaction kind of currency (I use it a lot over at SEM JP, about 10,000 crysta a month or so) as far as I know.

DS89
30th May 2013, 12:31
Ah, okay then. Thanks.

luispinto79
2nd Jun 2013, 19:54
Hello! :)

Don't know if anyone has any idea of this (mainly, if there's any official people hanging around this forums): I'm looking to buy (and play) XIV:ARR from the SE store. I'm from Ecuador and have an international CC issued by my local bank. Works great for Amazon and other online purchases, and friends have reported success buying from SE store. Shipping address would be in the USA (courier) so that's not - hopefully - an issue.

I'm more curious about: did XIV 1.0 at some point allow direct credit card payments (for monthly subs) instead of relying on those other companies? Click and Buy? Can't remember the name. I tried to play 1.0 at launch, but it was impossible - there was no direct CC option and that company wouldn't accept my CC (or even reply to my mails) so... not great. I would love to simply use my CC to sub to ARR (kinda like I do with other MMOs, like WoW)... can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help with this topic.

KJB25
2nd Jun 2013, 20:23
Wtf.. Could someone confirm for me this -- There's gonna be a cash shop?... A subscription model with cash shop? ._. ....

The reason I'm very excited and looking forward for this game is because I thought it wouldn't have a cash shop ! A subscription of $15 a month is well enough for me, I'd much rather have an economy based on the game itself and not premium items that more fortunate people can shed money on...

LennethLionK3
2nd Jun 2013, 22:01
No Cash Shop.

x3Noctis
2nd Jun 2013, 22:21
Think about it like this. Monthly paid subscription base games are most likely to have BETTER communities. There are less trolls and jerks in the game. And there is no cash shop in ARR (At least not yet. It's been confirmed to not have any.) So if you're a heavy cash shop users, this better on your end. If you typically spend over 15 dollars a month on the same game, you'll be saving money.

Edit: If there is a cash shop in the future, Naoki Yoshida will make sure it won't be game breaking. And it'll probably be vanity items, like minions that can't attack or fight. Just for looks basely. Or gears. Etc. So if you have the extra money and you want to look pretty. Buy it.

Plus with ARR, Yoshida Naoki made sure to make the game the kind you work hard to rise and not the kind you pay to rise. It's not a Pay2Win game basically. And even when 1.0 FAILED. HORRIBLY. It was still subscription base. So don't think this game will end up like Tera or the other games. Final Fantasy have MANY loyal fans. So the game will still be quite popular after years to come. I mean look at Final Fantasy XI. They just had their ELEVENTH anniversary. 11 years of monthly paid subscription.

Now imagine ARR, with it's graphics, Yoshida Naoki as the director and producer (The fact that he talks with his gamers already shows improvement compared to vast majority of the games.), the already updated game play and everything else compared to its predecessor is a huge improvement. This game will last a good while and will be your moneys worth. Since it took them less than a year to change the game from 1.0.

You can see what kind of expansions, updates, and patches the game will recieve in the near future. And it'll be quickly too. And if they work that hard to fix the game, then imagine if there's any bugs or glitches, those will be fixed easily too. And in my opinion, those kind of things take forever for some game companies to work on or fix.

Well yeah, monthly subscription isn't so bad too if you have a job. :)

KJB25
2nd Jun 2013, 22:36
That's good to hear then. Most likely will solidify my preorder after checking out the beta (might preorder anyway even if I don't get to participate lol). I'm tired of F2P models and their cash shops, this game will be a very welcome breath of fresh air, especially since I didn't get to experience FF XI. More excited now, keep up the good work Squeenix, can't wait !

member_10639996
2nd Jun 2013, 23:45

Don't know if anyone has any idea of this (mainly, if there's any official people hanging around this forums): I'm looking to buy (and play) XIV:ARR from the SE store. I'm from Ecuador and have an international CC issued by my local bank. Works great for Amazon and other online purchases, and friends have reported success buying from SE store. Shipping address would be in the USA (courier) so that's not - hopefully - an issue.

I'm more curious about: did XIV 1.0 at some point allow direct credit card payments (for monthly subs) instead of relying on those other companies? Click and Buy? Can't remember the name. I tried to play 1.0 at launch, but it was impossible - there was no direct CC option and that company wouldn't accept my CC (or even reply to my mails) so... not great. I would love to simply use my CC to sub to ARR (kinda like I do with other MMOs, like WoW)... can anyone shed some light on this?

Crysta can be bought with a Credit Card directly, if I recall, or even Paypal, and your Sub can be paid through Crysta. Other than that, It's sort of up in the air until the game releases.

venkaramon
4th Jun 2013, 01:36

Did you try purchasing crysta before and using that? Using your CC directly won't work but there are 2 other ways other than the crysta method which is ultimate pay and click and buy Im not sure on those two and you really can't test it out right now. Hope some other 1.0 / XI players can read this and shed some further info :>

venkaramon
4th Jun 2013, 01:51
Think about it like this. Monthly paid subscription base games are most likely to have BETTER communities. There are less trolls and jerks in the game. And there is no cash shop in ARR (At least not yet. It's been confirmed to not have any.) So if you're a heavy cash shop users, this better on your end. If you typically spend over 15 dollars a month on the same game, you'll be saving money.

Edit: If there is a cash shop in the future, Naoki Yoshida will make sure it won't be game breaking. And it'll probably be vanity items, like minions that can't attack or fight. Just for looks basely. Or gears. Etc. So if you have the extra money and you want to look pretty. Buy it.

Plus with ARR, Yoshida Naoki made sure to make the game the kind you work hard to rise and not the kind you pay to rise. It's not a Pay2Win game basically. And even when 1.0 FAILED. HORRIBLY. It was still subscription base. So don't think this game will end up like Tera or the other games. Final Fantasy have MANY loyal fans. So the game will still be quite popular after years to come. I mean look at Final Fantasy XI. They just had their ELEVENTH anniversary. 11 years of monthly paid subscription.

Now imagine ARR, with it's graphics, Yoshida Naoki as the director and producer (The fact that he talks with his gamers already shows improvement compared to vast majority of the games.), the already updated game play and everything else compared to its predecessor is a huge improvement. This game will last a good while and will be your moneys worth. Since it took them less than a year to change the game from 1.0.

You can see what kind of expansions, updates, and patches the game will recieve in the near future. And it'll be quickly too. And if they work that hard to fix the game, then imagine if there's any bugs or glitches, those will be fixed easily too. And in my opinion, those kind of things take forever for some game companies to work on or fix.

Well yeah, monthly subscription isn't so bad too if you have a job. :)

All true, Another difference with FF14 and other MMo's that turned to F2P model is that SE has a ton of money backing em. They already poured so much into this and even if it didn't sell THAT well during the 1.0 days they didn't go / put up / is less likely to put up a cash shop they can recoup their money on subs alone and expansion prices. Although IF they did put a cash shop up the only reason I'd see is if they we're greedy to get their money back really fast... *gives a quick glance at the SE logo* I guess there's a chance of that -.- But seeing the graphics alone is better than 11 I can see this game having more subscribers and making a ton more money as long as they don't majorly do something silly.

One thing I don't agree though is that P2P models do have a lot of douche's like 13 year olds who blame everything on everyone else even if it is their fault and yes I'm referring to wow :p

Leaferian-379423
4th Jun 2013, 12:19
Okay first of all, I haven't seen so much as a word about a cash shop. I think the OP is just pulling that right out of their ass. Second, as I recall Yoshi-P said he felt that the F2P model was about getting money quicker through microtransactions and that this was unnecessary with A Realm Reborn. The game is already cheaper than most Pay to Play games I've seen, even without Legacy pricings or buying several months at a discounted bundle price.

Lastly, let's not play pretend in regards to community. Having money to spend on a game in no way makes you not a troll or a jerk, and there are plenty of trolls is in largescale P2P games. Jerks, douchebags, and all-around rude people are not limited to a specific income bracket and I doubt we'll see less of them around in Final Fantasy XIV just because you have to pay. If anything, I've found players to be a little colder in P2P model games, particularly FFXI. On the other hand, in F2P games like Ragnarok or B2P like Guild Wars 2, I made friends pretty easily. I guess what I'm trying to say is that people can be bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling regardless of how much dough they have to shell out.

sleepyeyes
4th Jun 2013, 12:41
I appreciate this discussion, and I approach it more from the standpoint of the op than a seasoned mmo player. I have only just started playing FFXI on PC, I'm still in the trial period, and I do not play any other MMOs. Truthfully, my opposition to MMOs is based more on emotional thinking than experience, as a good friend of mine's wife left him for a guy in Texas (she's from NC) whom she met in a guild! But, I can recognize that this anectdote doesn't typify the format in any way.

Having said all that, I was initially disappointed that FFXIV would carry a monthly charge. My reasons were mostly along the lines of the op. "I only have so much money each month to spend on games, and a monthly fee would cut into that," and so forth. But, after talking to a few SE members about it, I can see that this really, for me, falls into the category of, "Am I willing to try new things?"

OP, I hear you. But, if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and if you think SE is one of the best game developers (I make no assumptions on your behalf about either of those premises, but hope they are true for you), then I would encourage you to give this new p2p FF title a good try. The online fee, if I'm not mistaken, would be less than the cost of three new games per year. Not that much, and you may discover that you really love this game.

Kayo1
4th Jun 2013, 13:23
Hi

Ill just copy what I said in another thread

I pay subs for access to the servers and investments so they can profit and develop more content so I can play to earn it ... not so they can turn it around and charge me more for it then send it to my mailbox. Yes, that includes vanity costumes or anything more than Blizzard does with WoW and even that is dangerously close to the line. Part of the reason I even got this game was because its one of the few that still sticks to the sub method and even though I hated FFXI it did a decent job of keeping a good P2P sub model.

There are plenty of "good" f2p games out there and very few MMOs backed by companies with enough dignity and respect for their customers (and their product) to keep the game P2P. If this game was f2p or even if it brings in a cash shop that has one too many items in it, I wont play. At all. The thing that makes you upset is what makes others happy. Youre paying for server access and maintenance, and the promise of future FREE content. So ... with all due respect; Get a job or GTFO. $13 a month is 2 hours of minimum wage work and costs no more than a trip to a 2 hour movie at a theatre... well worth ANYONES entertainment value if they like MMO video games.

P.S: Funny how you say youre a "hardcore cashopper" yet hate having access to everything for $13 a month is too much for you./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

luispinto79
4th Jun 2013, 15:38
Thanks for the replies /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

I tried buying Crystal but for some reason (which I suspect is related to my country of origin/registration) the CC option never showed up. I could only "do it" through Click and Buy, and as I previously mentioned that didn't work (they didn't respond to customer support emails), so that's why I couldn't pay/play XIV 1.0.

I was lucky enough to get into ARR's Beta, even with my current registration (which clearly states that I'm from Ecuador) so I kinda have hopes they'll open themselves a bit more to other countries' CCs. If for ARR I can just enter my CC to buy Crysta then all will be well. Or my Paypal (which is also linked to my local CC) /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of people in Latin America would love to play XIV without recurring to creating fake US accounts (*cough PSN cough*) or jumping through hoops just to give SE our money!

Reaper83
4th Jun 2013, 16:02
Well I dont think you will be playing FFXIV alot of MMO's have monthly fees because it cost money for them to upkeep the servers and cost money for DLC so f you want a smooth server u will have to pay they charge you 40 dollars for the game with a free month as well but its 12 dollars a month most charge 15 I will gladly pay for a an awesome MMO experience

LennethLionK3
4th Jun 2013, 17:33
Okay first of all, I haven't seen so much as a word about a cash shop. I think the OP is just pulling that right out of their ass. Second, as I recall Yoshi-P said he felt that the F2P model was about getting money quicker through microtransactions and that this was unnecessary with A Realm Reborn. The game is already cheaper than most Pay to Play games I've seen, even without Legacy pricings or buying several months at a discounted bundle price.

Lastly, let's not play pretend in regards to community. Having money to spend on a game in no way makes you not a troll or a jerk, and there are plenty of trolls is in largescale P2P games. Jerks, douchebags, and all-around rude people are not limited to a specific income bracket and I doubt we'll see less of them around in Final Fantasy XIV just because you have to pay. If anything, I've found players to be a little colder in P2P model games, particularly FFXI. On the other hand, in F2P games like Ragnarok or B2P like Guild Wars 2, I made friends pretty easily. I guess what I'm trying to say is that people can be bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling regardless of how much dough they have to shell out.

Yoshi-P talked about their payment model plans in one of the Live Letters. You're right about what he said, but he also left the door open to change or adjust to need/demand. Although I highly doubt they will stray from the current model.

Not sure why you're going off on a tirade about the community aspect. I think I'm the only one that brought up the communities here, and the only word I used was morons, and nothing about income brackets. I didn't say every mmo either, so there is alot of misrepresentation if that is refering to my comment. I used the word morons with a specific group of people in mind, which are kids. Most kids play F2P games over P2P, and I am highly disturbed by immaturity. Just a peeve of mine.

The FFXI community was alot better when the first couple of expansions came out, because everyone needed the same things and had the same goals. The game is alot different nowadays since there is so much content, and alot of it is soloable or accomplished with few people, it's hard because alot of people are doing different things in a smaller community with more content. But I found if you're nice and your looking for endgame content, it's not hard to find good people to help and help you out.

venkaramon
5th Jun 2013, 01:04
Completely agree for one why let you make a SE account if they wont let you play SE games right? Hope there's a way around it. If ever I find anything I'll bump the info to ya. So the only option you have Click and buy. Sadly they only implemented Prepaid Cards to EU hopefully they come towards LA too

Fubar4585
5th Jun 2013, 01:18
Well since the subject of gaming personalities came up, I can honestly say I've yet to run into blatantly rude or obnoxious gamers thus far. As far as the forums go at least. Ive seen difference of opinions and everything from happy go lucky to stern with a battle plan to take over Eorzea.

The thing is, there will ALWAYS be people you don't find funny, believe are too serious, or just plain don't mesh with. What matters is how people react to it. We tend to lose focus of the game and zero in on the line of text that pops up with that character name that drives us to plow a fist straight through the monitor.

I personally like to find a good group of guys and girls that DO mesh and have fun while also compliment eachothers playstyle. If most the population on the game is anywhere near the great personalities I've seen on here....I'd say we have a great start and can't wait to meet you all.

Unless of course I'm one of those character names.....which I'll apologize ahead of time. lol : )

venkaramon
5th Jun 2013, 01:37
Hope to see you in eorza fubar :) Although I think since the OP didn't even reply even once I think its safe to say he just wanted to start something negative. And I think what leafarian said about the stereotyping was aimed towards my previous post which was just a personal experience of mine. Surprisingly I encountered less arses on the f2p that I played recently

Fubar4585
5th Jun 2013, 01:52
Most definately! The more the better for this game.

Not sure what system you will be playing on but I'll be on PS3. PSN: Fubar4585

If not just stay in contact and we'll meet up eventually.

Cross platform is so great. ha!

venkaramon
5th Jun 2013, 04:51
We'll if ever we end up playing on the same world why not. bt I'm using the pc platform for now prolly will try the ps3 when I get my new tv iono's yet :)

luispinto79
6th Jun 2013, 10:46
Hope so, too! The usual "why don't you want my money" internet phrase comes to mind http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

Let's hope the problems I had at 1.0 launch can be resolved - and payment options expanded - for ARR's launch.

sqex_3926734
7th Jun 2013, 19:13
I just looked on the pricing information sheet for FFXIV: ARR and there is going to be a service fee of 12.99/month. I could of swore when they announced the revamp of FFXIV they were making ARR free to play. Anyone have any information on why they made the change? Also I am looking for the collectors edition to preorder online but amazon/walmart/ebay/gamestop don't have it listed and the only place to get it is on the official Square Enix website. Anyone else having this issue?

x3Noctis
7th Jun 2013, 20:22
I just looked on the pricing information sheet for FFXIV: ARR and there is going to be a service fee of 12.99/month. I could of swore when they announced the revamp of FFXIV they were making ARR free to play. Anyone have any information on why they made the change? Also I am looking for the collectors edition to preorder online but amazon/walmart/ebay/gamestop don't have it listed and the only place to get it is on the official Square Enix website. Anyone else having this issue?

They were never going to make the game Free To Play. Maybe you read something like people can play it for free while they were revamping everything. Maybe. Anyways, if Final Fantasy XI didn't become Free To Play, I'm pretty sure FFXIV: ARR wouldn't either. And it's been eleven years for FFXI too.

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collect... (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B00CYNTLDS)

www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX9L30W (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX9L30W)

I don't have a problem finding it. I think it's better buying it from either SE Store or Amazon. I don't trust Walmart/Ebay/or GameStop but if you had to choose one of the three, choose GameStop.

Good luck.

member_10292472
7th Jun 2013, 23:09

Yes was free to play durng the revamp. Also I feel its just better to get the game from SE. I feel it supports the game better by bying directly from the source and cuts out the middle man and any extra fees that may entail for SE.

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 18:16

Actually hes a fan too (of FF series), so he knows that we are what makes good a game :D...

x3Noctis
8th Jun 2013, 18:19

Actually hes a fan too (of FF series), so he knows that we are what makes good a game :D...

That goes without saying.

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 18:55
Yes it will, they said that they will add the form to register your credit/debit card, I tried to register my card but since it has some security block it showed me an error, later after contacting SE support they told me that I should wait 1 day because of this. So I did and got my VISA registered ( I got charged with 1 peso, since I'm from Mexico).

Hope it helps.

Paladin_Locke
8th Jun 2013, 23:30
I'm kind of surprised that people still want to play F2P games with a cashshop. It could simply be that I fit in on the complete opposite end of the spectrum I guess.

I love P2P games for a few reasons:

#1- Because the economy is the product of an entire community that has actually WORKED for what they sell on it. Such as crafted items or drops from NM's or something. Basically, the economy isn't based on who spent the most in the cashshop for items to sell on the AH.

#2- It's simply more immersive. I understand this is a little subjective, but let me explain. In P2P games, I can find groups willing to work towards the same goals a lot more often simply because they can't buy their way through content. I can craft things without having to buy packs from the cashshop (looking at you Neverwinter). I don't always feel like a second-class citizen because I refuse to pay for content/items that I believe should come standard with the game. I want to actually feel like I can dive into a fantasy world without being snapped back to reality by irritations of locked content blocking my way.

#3- I say this based on my personal experiences with both payment models, but the community is almost always better in P2P. If you don't agree, OK. However, F2P games are much more full of players who are only trying the game out, which puts a little more strain on finding "permanent" friends. I've also found TONS of more rude children playing. The elitists are in higher number in F2P games because, at least from my experience, they think they're better than you because they paid for their stuff. You'll find them in P2P too, but at least there, they worked for what they have.

#4- I know that the money I spend on the game will reappear as bug fixes and new content. Not so they can polish the cashshop with more stuff and ignore the content based problems. Also, in the case of the Final Fantasy franchise, I like knowing my subsciption money is going to a company I fully support.

So, to all of you whiners out there who thinks that all games need to be F2P, please stay out of our game. We like it this way. Don't bring your nonsense to this game because we'll eat you alive to keep it this way.

Lastly, if FFXIV ever did go F2P with a cashshop, I'd quit instantly. I know I'm not the only one either.

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 00:12
In my experience only:

1: No

2: HELLZ YEAH!

3: Not at all. There are some people, really dedicated loyal to franchise people on F2P servers. It does (FOR ME) take a LOT to buy a P2P game.

4: I question.

The comment after seems to be a real **** statement. Stay out of my game if you want free to play? **** YOU!!!!

I will be buying this game even with it's douches like you. Stay away from me. Mr.SaltySaltine in the PSN says eat a ****. But thanks for the info on the Bard and Archer class though. That was really cool of you which makes me really confused that this and the guy I talked to were the same person.

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 00:27
In my experience only:

1: No

2: HELLZ YEAH!

3: Not at all. There are some people, really dedicated loyal to franchise people on F2P servers. It does (FOR ME) take a LOT to buy a P2P game.

4: I question.

The comment after seems to be a real **** statement. Stay out of my game if you want free to play? **** YOU!!!!

I will be buying this game even with it's douches like you. Stay away from me though. Mr.SaltySaltine in the PSN says eat a ****. But thanks for the info on the Bard and Archer class though. That was really cool of you which makes me really confused that this and the guy I talked to were the same person.

Hate me all you like. You won't hurt my feelings. I'm actually a pretty nice guy at heart, but the fact of the matter is, I don't want the game I've been excited about for a long time to be ruined. If that's being a jerk, oh well. I accept that. Did I have to say things that way? Probably not. Why did I? Because I feel very strongly about it. I'm not going to apologize for it.

Truth is, I'm not the only person who feels this way. Most of the people I've spoken to privately feel the same as me (about 75% of them). I just said what we were all thinking. Now, I know because I said this that people are going to come out of the woodwork to support or hate on me. Please don't start any flame wars here. Send me a PM if you want to argue with me. I love a good debate. I'd rather this thread not get locked because some people made some pretty good points in here so far.

Fubar4585
9th Jun 2013, 00:34
Agreed. There are many valid points for F2P and P2P. Although, it's quite amazing what a difference in opinion can cause on a forum and a game. Just remember folks it's an opinion and it doesn't have to be yours.Let's just keep it friendly ya?

AND...you can always bash eachothers heads in when the game launches! Gotta love that PvP.

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 00:35
Cool, as I said, thanks again for the info that was really cool of you. I think your statement was a little ignorant of the F2P community as a whole, but that's on you. No, it was VERY ignorant of the F2P community as a whole, because people who would pay to win would probably pay to play other games, but that's your opinion. That's all I have to say though.

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 00:56
Agreed. There are many valid points for F2P and P2P. Although, it's quite amazing what a difference in opinion can cause on a forum and a game. Just remember folks it's an opinion and it doesn't have to be yours.Let's just keep it friendly ya?

AND...you can always bash eachothers heads in when the game launches! Gotta love that PvP.

All I'm saying is that not the majority would want to "mess the game up". And yes, those type of generalized statements make me very angry, probably why my PSN name is MrSaltySaltine. There are people who can't play because it's P2P, and thank God I'm not one of them. Just a completely ignorant statement made by someone who doesn't really know that many people who are in hard off situations. I do understand the maintanence and upkeep of the game and servers require the people creating and coding the content to be paid, and I have no problem with that. In fact I fully support people for their hard work and dedication being paid, but wow.... Just freaking WOW...

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 00:57
Cool, as I said, thanks again for the info that was really cool of you. I think your statement was a little ignorant of the F2P community as a whole, but that's on you. No, it was VERY ignorant of the F2P community as a whole, because people who would pay to win would probably pay to play other games, but that's your opinion. That's all I have to say though.

Fair enough. I just hope that you noticed I wrote "from my experience" several times. This means that I'm basing my opinion on exactly what I myself have seen. You're experience may differ completely, which seems pretty obvious. Maybe I am ignorant of what you or others may know. You also may be ignorant of what I may know. That's the thing about opinions. People can only base them on their own perspective. Perspective mostly comes from experience. I'm not holding hard feelings towards you or anyone who thinks differently. I just want things my way and I'm willing to fight for that (Not that what I said was a legitimate fight). If anything, I can at least say that I'm an honest person. My girlfriend would argue that I'm brutally honest, but there you have it.

With that said, I simply don't like the Pay to Win mentality. It creates an "easy way" and that isn't something I agree with in games or real life. I believe that is also creates a divide within the community. I also believe in fairness (granted the world isn't fair in real life) and that everyone should work for what they have. In the case of the game, Pay to Win would also cause a huge imbalance, which is what I would consider a broken game. I'm sorry if that hurts anyones feelings or even ticks them off. I don't even let my kids have an easy way. Why would I endorse it here?

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 01:03
On that we are in complete agreeance. Lord knows I've played Gotham Imposters, and DCUO and that is exactly what that game was. I hate the pay to win mentality as well, and think that detracts from the true loyalists who finally get a free to play game just to learn three months later it's impossible to win. Maybe we should be on the same team after all, I think we both have this huge ambition to win. And I have recently been graced with the ability not to have to worry about money (to a degree). Lol.

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:10
On that we are in complete agreeance. Lord knows I've played Gotham Imposters, and DCUO and that is exactly what that game was. I hate the pay to win mentality as well, and think that detracts from the true loyalists who finally get a free to play game just to learn three months later it's impossible to win. Maybe we should be on the same team after all, I think we both have this huge ambition to win. And I have recently been graced with the ability not to have to worry about money (to a degree). Lol.

Yeah. I'm not hating on those who can't afford a P2P model. I feel for them because I was in that boat quite some years ago. I just don't think developers should tailor their content to it. Games are a luxury. If you can't afford it, I'm truly sorry and I hope that changes for the better. I would hope if you don't have the money to spend, that you'll not waste what little you have in a F2P cashshop.

To those that can afford it, I think we deserve something of quality for the money we pay out. Mix that in with my hatred of an "easy way" and you'll probably understand where I'm coming from.

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 01:12
I do see where you are coming from. I do have to say I think I jumped the gun a little. Apologies...

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:18
I do see where you are coming from. I do have to say I think I jumped the gun a little. Apologies...

No harm, no foul. I probably could have phrased what I originally said better. I just read a lot of those early posts as well as hearing lots of other people trying to tear down the game simply because it isn't F2P. I raged, I admit it. Still, I meant what I said though. I'm not going to apologize for how I feel.

I'm actually studying to become a game designer right now. It's a lot harder than people might think, I can tell you that. I'm also teaching myself to speak/read/write Japanese. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, I'd like to think I could have a hand in making a future FF title lol

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 01:27
I can respect that, I still disagree completely on some of your views, but that's the joy of free will right. Definitely good luck on becoming a game designer!!!

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:33
I can respect that, I still disagree completely on some of your views, but that's the joy of free will right. Definitely good luck on becoming a game designer!!!

Thank you!

As far as our disagreements, it's really a matter of respect. You can be friends with you polar opposite if you understand and respect those differences. Just out of curiousity though, which points do you disagree on?

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 01:38
Your arguement #3 (which was the root of the arguement, and pretty much boils down to experience), and #4 (where DCUO was once a P2P game but must have dropped it due to the lack of server maintenance and support, which I got my money back but was still originally P2P so yet again experience with the games. But Also expanded to the original XIV where people were fired because of the P2P World was far below the standard of what the game should have been hence ARR).

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 01:46
I also agree with respect, but across the entire gaming community as well as from person to person. (something we honestly both fell a little short of.)

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:53
Your arguement #3 (which was the root of the arguement, and pretty much boils down to experience), and #4 (where DCUO was once a P2P game but must have dropped it due to the lack of server maintenance and support, which I got my money back but was still originally P2P so yet again experience with the games).

Ah, I see. As far as the community goes, I just stated how things have been for me. I could try my hardest to delve into a game completely, but often times the guilds I would join would collapse because members would jump to another game or people would leave simply because they weren't established guilds. I can think of several guilds who refused to let anyone join who wasn't paying for things from the cashshop. I believe one said it was because it shows at least some dedication to the game. I've just never found any stability on F2P communities.

As far as the other one, I've seen plenty of games who put cashshop items before bugs and content. From a business standpoint, it might seem like a good idea. I mean not everyone is paying for the patches and content, but those that purchase from the cashshop fund them. What most don't see is that the patches and content are the meat of why people are there. Even paying players will leave if fixes/content don't come often enough. You might wonder how I could possibly know this. I've read postmortems of people who left companies (fired or quit I have no idea) and sort of spilled it. We had a speaker at my school at one time who brought up how this can happen. This has led me to a complete lack of faith in the F2P companies (not that I really had any before). I hear that Neverwinter has seperate teams on the content and cashshop. Yet the game is so unbalanced it's scary.

If nothing else, I hope you can at least understand why I think this way.

sleepyeyes
9th Jun 2013, 18:05
I've been looking around, and haven't really seen it. Does anyone know if SE is planning to offer a card that can be purchased at retailers, redeemable as payment for the monthly fees associated with FFXIV? It seems to me that the p2p model currently in use will appeal to those already playing p2p mmorpgs. But, console gamers aren't familiar with that model. The majority of them, though, are familiar with the concepts of season passes and DLC, and the many ways there are to pay for those. I think SE would appeal to a broader base of gamers who want the next FF experience but aren't familiar with digital currencies like Crysta if they offered multiple ways to pay for the online subscription.

There are a couple of FPS franchises that I play that, when they release, I have no problems paying an extra $59.99 for extra content and a subscription to the services associated with those games. Buying into the franchises like that makes me far less likely to trade those titles. Well, $59.99 is, what, half a year's worth of XIV fees, counting a 30-day free trial?

I may not be the typical FF consumer, granted. But, I really, really want to see SE succeed with this title, and I think a multifaceted approach to online fees will help bring in those folks who are MMO-averse into the fold.

aznleester
9th Jun 2013, 20:41
On the PS3, I can only assume they will use your Credit Card information that you have saved on your Current PSN account. If you have it for the PC, I think theres an option for you to register it for billing o3o.

x3Noctis
9th Jun 2013, 20:57
You can pay the subscription fee online with the account you use to log in to your character via credit card. (I don't know about Paypal though.) And I remember a video of Naoki Yoshida saying something about those cards you can buy from stores to pay for the subscription fee but it's not out nor if it will ever be out. He was just thinking it but it might come out in the later months if he remembers it.

And XIV will probably be successful, I have a lot of faith in it, building something ground up, especially from a failure and having people look down on it is pretty admirable. And the changes are stunning.

Onslaught_
9th Jun 2013, 23:45
I played FFXI on the PS2, and you just had to have card info on the playonline/PSN account to have it billed. Console gamers are used to this kind of thing, and also used to digital currency. Check out the Playstation Store, and it's "wallet" system. It'll be no problem for anyone, IMO.

member_10547357
10th Jun 2013, 11:41

No harm, no foul. I probably could have phrased what I originally said better. I just read a lot of those early posts as well as hearing lots of other people trying to tear down the game simply because it isn't F2P. I raged, I admit it. Still, I meant what I said though. I'm not going to apologize for how I feel.

I'm actually studying to become a game designer right now. It's a lot harder than people might think, I can tell you that. I'm also teaching myself to speak/read/write Japanese. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, I'd like to think I could have a hand in making a future FF title lol

now a kiss <3... hahaha just kidding :P... I completely agree with both

tlclpd
10th Jun 2013, 13:51
So I've played mmorpg before but none that really did monthly fees. So I was wondering what happens if I played FF:XIV for a few months and stop playing for a while. I have college classes and most of the time I wont be able to play for a few months if it gets too crazy. Will my character file and stuff about the game be safe and I can just continue from wherever I left off? or will it just be deleated and start from scratch? (which is fine by me).

x3Noctis
10th Jun 2013, 14:22
Subscription fees doesn't mean you always have to pay every month. If you're taking a break and come back to it, you're left off wherever you left your character and such. Nothing will be taken and everything will be safe.

But if you payed for the month already, I advise you play whenever you can to make up for the money you spent for that month. When you come back, you just need to pay for another month and etc.

demyxx
10th Jun 2013, 15:33
I'm trying to figure out where you saw it will have a cash shop? Source? I've been following just about every update FF14 had released for a while so this is news to me! >_>; I'm guessing that's a lie though. Not sure if FF11 had CS.

Secondly, why is anyone surprised it's going P2p? It said they would ages ago. FF11 is P2p for a 11 years. FF14 original was P2p, and the only time it was free was when 1.0 players was cut off subs and let them play a bit longer until it was shut down in makings of ARR. So yeah.

Thirdly, yeaaah. AION was my first P2p game. Nice stable community for the most part, granted I did not play long. I returned when it was F2p and well, every damn 12-year-old immature jerk was in there, we ended up having bots, so many rude trolls, the new place had high ass economy. Imo, I feel like P2p has a better community. It dishes out the trolls and crap we get from F2p games. I can't take it. xD

member_10547357
10th Jun 2013, 16:31
Unless you are using some prepaid cards or something like that (I'm not sure if they are or will be available for FFXIV) you must cancel the payment of the game before your next billing date or it will automatically charge you the next month... on FFXI was on the first 3 days I think (depending on the region) of every month. So what I did was to cancel the payment 1 day before.

member_10459917
10th Jun 2013, 17:55
I'm trying to figure out where you saw it will have a cash shop? Source? I've been following just about every update FF14 had released for a while so this is news to me! >_>; I'm guessing that's a lie though. Not sure if FF11 had CS.

FFXI did not have a cash shop. FFXIV will not have a cash shop. The only way to buy items/gil etc in either case is through RMT which is not only illegal but also (Too weak).

Paladin_Locke
10th Jun 2013, 23:21
It is true. There is absolutely no cash shop coming to FFXIV:ARR. If you read any of the earlier posts in this thread, you would know that I would not be playing it if there was a cash shop involved. No one will be able to buy anything in game and scream "Look at me! I had $5!"

As far as RMT goes, it will likely remain a problem as always. People who suck and can't make money or even those who think it's beneath them will cry out in butthurt and purchase Gil from their local piece of *****. Although, I will continue to hope that SE has a better security system in regards to RMT since they now have some MMO experience under their belt. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

sleepyeyes
10th Jun 2013, 23:39
You guys have a point with reference to the Playstation Store (although, when they had a problem billing my perfectly valid card to fund my wallet, customer service actually recommended I buy the prepaid cards to fund my wallet!!). Above all, I just hope the monthly fees are not perceived as being onerous, and the more invisible they are, IMO, the better.

luispinto79
13th Jun 2013, 17:34
That is fantastic news! Can't wait for ARR to launch!

member_10333147
14th Jun 2013, 22:17
I have a great idea for a way to allow users to actually EARN crysta. What if you could use your members reward points to buy crysta? Or, maybe crysta gift cards that you can get and redeem either here or by console to add crysta to your account? Or, put them in-game for completeing certain requirements. Defeat so and so, get so much xp and so many crysta points. Or, make it very rare drops from enemies or a secret place to find some in-game? Or, reaching even levels, lvl 10 = 5 crysta, lvl 20 = 10 crysta, etc. I believe in earning things, it builds reputation, and it keeps people in the game. Ideas are open here, what do you think? Buy AND earn crysta sound good?

exilione
15th Jun 2013, 15:09
I am not paying $5 for access to multiplayer in addition to a FF ARR SUB not happening sorry... If this doesnt change count me out in purchasing a pre order as well... period.

member_10576498
15th Jun 2013, 16:10
a $5.0 fee for multiplayer??? wtf??? its a MMO its supposed to be multiplayer.

exilione
15th Jun 2013, 16:13
a $5.0 fee for multiplayer??? wtf??? its a MMO its supposed to be multiplayer.

Sony announced if you want to play any games that are multiplayer you have to pay the monthly fee of $5 plus the subscription of the game if any.

ShiroMasamune
15th Jun 2013, 16:25
Isn´t that just for PS4?

member_10659827
15th Jun 2013, 16:50
My guess is its like 11 in that you pay 10 for the sub. and 5 for the multiplayer to total out at 15

thehuynhftw
15th Jun 2013, 17:28
Do you happen to have the sources from which you heard this information? I haven't heard anything about a subscription fee other than for the new PS4 system.

venkaramon
15th Jun 2013, 17:28
Sony already said its up to the devs if and what they will lock out behind the Ps+ wall. Games like DCUO although F2P wont be charged the 5$ since they wont be needing ps+ to play multiplayer / online. Square could do the same thing. And that is for PS4 ONLY. Ps3 system is still the same. I kinda get miffed by posts like these who just outright complain and whine before trying to do your own due diligence. If you really wanted / is interested you would've done your HW. BUT if youre talking of XIV being a P2P altogether then your post is moot because it has been common knowledge that its a sub game like 11 hence denying the need for this

I repeat ps3 networking / online play wont change. Only the ps4 will require ps+ to play online and even then it is still up to the pubs if they will do this.

sleepyeyes
15th Jun 2013, 20:51
And, really, Sony could have made this move a long time ago. You have to have a paid XBL membership to play online with your Xbox, while Sony has let us play online for free on the PS3. Who knows what the publishers will decide, but IMO the plus subscription is worth the money. I can't tell you how many free, full retail games I've downloaded, it's a better value than an XBL sub, and it's cross-platform, so I don't have to buy separate subs for my PS3, PSP, Vita, and PS4.

I don't really understand the OP. I would think the problem would be the monthly sub fee to play XIV. But, you're okay with that; you just don't want to buy a Plus subscription? It's the price of one new game a year. You can buy used games three times, and the savings will balance the cost. I just don't understand.

exilione
15th Jun 2013, 21:09
I refuse to pay double membership how hard is that to understand? So again IF there is a p2p for this game count me out...

Fiore
15th Jun 2013, 21:22
I'll pay I have enough money an also I'm glad Sony is charging for PSN I want the network to be really smooth because PS3 online can be pretty slow an bad an the PSN store sometimes takes awhile to load up an it isnt even that bad of a deal imo they need the extra money to make PSN better

sleepyeyes
15th Jun 2013, 21:24
It's hard for me to understand, because you definitely wouldn't be paying double, and you really wouldn't even be paying for two memberships, not really. And, the cost of the PS Plus sub is minimal. And, the price of FFXIV (not the CE) is $20 less than most other new games. Besides, as has been pointed out, this is a PS4 issue, and FFXIV releases this September on PS3.

But, let's assume for a moment that Sony *is* changing the policy to include the PS3. I guess you have a case if you say the ONLY multiplayer game you will EVER play is FFXIV, and that you would NEVER enjoy the free and discounted content that Plus subscribers can access.

There will most definitely be a p2p paradigm in place for FFXIV, regardless of whether or not Sony imposes a rule which no one thinks they are going to impose. It boils down to one question: How much am I willing to pay each month to play FFXIV? And, the answer to that question is directly linked to this one: How much do I want to play FFXIV?

Clearly, I am drinking the SE Kool-Aid. Admitting that, I am still dumbfounded that you would refuse to buy and play FFXIV if it cost you just $5 more a month.

moooka
16th Jun 2013, 02:28
This is only for PS4, no double payment on PC or PS3.

Considering this game has monthly subscription fees, it may not require PS Plus. That announcement was for normal games with multiplayer modes, not MMOs. In fact, Sony confirmed that their free-to-play MMOs DC Universe Online and Planetside 2 will NOT require PS Plus subscription on the PS4. Also, FF11 didn't require an Xbox Gold account on the Xbox 360, so it could be that FF14 won't require PS Plus on PS4.

member_10068224
16th Jun 2013, 03:06
Judging from previous SE MMOs, this game will most likely have a subscription fee of around $10.00 or $11.00+ per month, with an additional $1.00+ per content ID fee which could effectively raise your monthly fee to $20.00+ depending on how many seperate toons you want.

Also, from my understanding, the reason FFXIV:ARR will not be coming to Xbox360 / XboxOne is because M$ would not allow another MMO on there platform without mandatory Gold subscription.

Considering this, I would assume you would not have to have PS+ to play FFXIV:ARR on the PS3 or PS4, if they make a PS4 port, which I also doubt, considering they announced FFXV for PS4.

Grimoire
16th Jun 2013, 03:46
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

xDMDx
16th Jun 2013, 19:06
Im wondering if the option to use paypal will ever come about for this game.
I am looking to prepurchase it for the digital collectors with paypal since I dont have a "proper" credit card.
This also brings up another question as to whether I will be able to pay the monthly fee with paypal or again, need to get a credit card to do so [or if they end up releasing monthly cards in stores just as WoW was done]

Grimoire
17th Jun 2013, 03:22
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

xDMDx
17th Jun 2013, 18:00
Im wondering if the option to use paypal will ever come about for this game.
I am looking to prepurchase it for the digital collectors with paypal since I dont have a "proper" credit card.
This also brings up another question as to whether I will be able to pay the monthly fee with paypal or again, need to get a credit card to do so [or if they end up releasing monthly cards in stores just as WoW was done]

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 18:06
This doesn't specifically address paypal, but it does contain additional options.

URL: www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/ch... (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/charge.html)

xDMDx
17th Jun 2013, 18:33
It doesnt answer my question though. [and im pretty sure playspan is out of the question permanently now]

Paladin_Locke
17th Jun 2013, 18:49
I've been looking around for info on payment methods myself. I have not yet seen anyone mention this as of yet though. If I had to guess, they probably haven't got all those details sorted out yet. Just keep an eye on it and you'll get your answer before long I'm sure.

Rikamimi
19th Jun 2013, 01:09
I'm unable to renew my subscription, everytime I try and add a new payment method it comes up with Errir:601. Anyone able to give me some advice?

Grimoire
20th Jun 2013, 13:41
Contact [Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=f... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=footer)

oxDarknessxo
21st Jun 2013, 04:14
will you be able to buy pre paid cards or buy a year subscription like DC online cause i dont have a credit card so wondering if this will be an issue for me

member_10520254
21st Jun 2013, 04:27
From how ff11 did things, im assuming it will be along the same lines, u will need a credit card, or so im lead to beleive.

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 04:39
support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=64540)

www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/ch... (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/charge.html)

---

This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

shinobi_no_mono
21st Jun 2013, 05:59
what u saying u need a to pay a monthly fee for ff14 online if so that is BS too me cuz i heard now that the ps4 you need PS PLUS inorder to play online WTF.Are you kidding me

skepticaldemon
21st Jun 2013, 11:31
Well, there is a chance that FF14 will be pay to play. However, the game has been getting bad rep ever since it came out. The hopes of a re-boot would change peoples minds about the excellent newly invented game, "A Realm Reborn." So, it would make more sense to me from a marketing perspective to not charge very much or at all. They need people on their side, WoW and GW2 can have monthly fee's because of their reputation and respect in their feild of work. The best thing for the game in my humble opinion, is to charge maybe $10 a month, see how that goes, and if players don't want the monthly subscription, make it like LoL. I prefer the option to buy characters and mounts and secret area's over a most likely higher monthly fee. Everyone hates pay to win, I know that, but for this game it may not be such a bad idea, at least until they release it in 2014 for the ps4.

demyxx
21st Jun 2013, 13:30
There is no chance as it's already p2p. It's set in stone. Yoshi P. said he will not make this f2p. I mean seriously guys?

FF11 been out for like 10+ years and that's still pay to play. I don't understand where all these numbers are coming from.

They will not lower the prices as Legacy members already will be paying 10 bucks. The rest of us range from 12-15 or something.

If they make this game Free or even Buy to play. I am leaving. I'm not going to stick around for bots and hackers and scammers and all that crap.

Seriously you guys, we're paying a little bit for a month. You can go get a pizza or 2 for a single night in with the cost

of how much this game costs. Most free to play items are 10 bucks anyways for a single item...Jeez. If they make this Free, it will crash this game again. Please for the love of God do not do it Square.

LilH8ter
21st Jun 2013, 13:46
Monthly sub is said to be $12.99 USD

Hanzou87
21st Jun 2013, 19:03
Well on their lodestone site I see. Two varying prices of 12.99 and 14.99.

Rikamimi
21st Jun 2013, 23:40
I've tried every FAQ that comes up isn't related to the problem I'm having.

Fubar4585
22nd Jun 2013, 01:40
If you only make 1 char per server it's 12.99

If you want up to 8 chars per server it's 14.99

The further ahead you pay the Subscription the cheaper it gets.

But those are the only 2 options.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/)

Aromyth
22nd Jun 2013, 12:48
I dont think I will be paying too much ahead I rarely do for most games

I'll probably choose the $14.99 option thats like one night eating out for me (I eat cheep lol)

I dont mind it specially if it keeps away alot of the jerks and bot spammers that are found in serveral ftp games

Twelfth
22nd Jun 2013, 13:33
I will paying the 14.99 then for 7 more characters just in case me and my friends want to make a character together or something. It's only a 2 dollar increase for 7 more characters. Worth it.

Andres_Beoulve
23rd Jun 2013, 10:33
Someone knows if they will give you a few months for free when u purchase the game?

dewdust
23rd Jun 2013, 12:16

i played beta phase 3 is over and let me tell you its %100 of your entertainment you wont wana do anything else but lvl class's and dig into the awsome stroy.

Fubar4585
23rd Jun 2013, 13:13
Someone knows if they will give you a few months for free when u purchase the game?

You get the first 30 days free.

Jump_Kickasaurus13
23rd Jun 2013, 14:41
There is no chance as it's already p2p. It's set in stone. Yoshi P. said he will not make this f2p. I mean seriously guys?

FF11 been out for like 10+ years and that's still pay to play. I don't understand where all these numbers are coming from.

They will not lower the prices as Legacy members already will be paying 10 bucks. The rest of us range from 12-15 or something.

If they make this game Free or even Buy to play. I am leaving. I'm not going to stick around for bots and hackers and scammers and all that crap.

Seriously you guys, we're paying a little bit for a month. You can go get a pizza or 2 for a single night in with the cost

of how much this game costs. Most free to play items are 10 bucks anyways for a single item...Jeez. If they make this Free, it will crash this game again. Please for the love of God do not do it Square.

I do agree with everything u said...i rather pay $12.99-14.99 its not that much

and from what i played from the beta its worth it...i mean theres some problem here and there but it doesnt make it unplayable and i loved how SE address the problem right away and fix it...cant wait for the actual game:)

sleepyeyes
23rd Jun 2013, 15:32
So, is there no official word on the price for PS3 gamers? I'm more curious than anything else. I'm a beta tester, and I love, love, love this Final Fantasy.

Maybe someone who plays XI can chime in. Do you pay each month, or do you pay out of a wallet, like on PSN? I really, really hope there will be flexible payment options. A card sold at retailers, a wallet, something other than just a monthly debit from a cc.

tejas73er
25th Jun 2013, 17:28
I pre-ordered a physical copy of final fantasy 14 from square's website and they confirmed the order but still no charge on my bank account over a week later. I asked this in a different forum but have gotten some mixed feedback so I'll try here. I also submitted a ticket to square on friday but have yet to hear anything from them. Is there a phone number for square just in case nobody and answer me here? Thanks all.

member_10338347
25th Jun 2013, 18:08
I just pre-ordered it and was charged right away.

SoopaMan2K
25th Jun 2013, 18:36
Will FFXIV be on PSN store for Pre-Order/To buy and will I be able to pay for my Sub in the PS Store?

tejas73er
25th Jun 2013, 18:45
I just pre-ordered it and was charged right away.

Man I wonder what gives. All my info checks out and still no charge.

Aromyth
25th Jun 2013, 19:20
I pre ordered my copy of the CE. I checked my credit card it had pre authed the amount of the order. about a week later the pre auth was gone. I was told I would be charged when it shipped.

member_10338347
25th Jun 2013, 20:14
May take longer if you use a credit card, i used my debit card. I would give them a call and check.

venkaramon
25th Jun 2013, 20:19
Sometimes they charge early sometimes it takes time if you used a CC sometimes the credit gets taken but not reflected depends on your bank really as long as you got your order # you should be fine

Aromyth
25th Jun 2013, 20:20
if you have an order number ( or even your email address and credit card number) goto: www.findmyorder.com/ (https://www.findmyorder.com/)

and see if your order is still listed with them

tejas73er
25th Jun 2013, 20:52
if you have an order number ( or even your email address and credit card number) goto: www.findmyorder.com/ (https://www.findmyorder.com/)

and see if your order is still listed with them

It is

demyxx
25th Jun 2013, 20:54
May take longer if you use a credit card, i used my debit card. I would give them a call and check.

If you JUST pre-ordered it. In a few days, it will be returned into your CC. They confirmed this.

DigitialRiver takes the money out for a bit, then returns it. They will NOT charge anything until they release the game Aug 27th.

Me and other friends have the same deal here too.

Aromyth
25th Jun 2013, 20:59
You should be all set as long as its listed you should get charged when its shipped without issue. However if your still worried you can contact them directly via phone at 1-866-585-3251

tejas73er
26th Jun 2013, 17:08
Why does square ignore my help tickets. They always say 48 hours yet almost a week later I still hear nothing.

Chosen1
26th Jun 2013, 17:30
I just reserved my copy at GameStop. Better than pay online and add even more confusion to what it already is lol

Even got an early access code.

Kazammle
26th Jun 2013, 19:48
I have a question about the Final Fantasy XIV subscription options, at this website, na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/). Under service fees, there is an option for 180 days for $12.99. Is it 12.99/month or 12.99 for the whole 180 days? this may be a stupid question but I appreciate your help. Thank you!/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

??????????!

WoolySkywalker
26th Jun 2013, 20:21
I think what it means is, if you pay for 180 days (6months) all at once, then you'll get the 8 characters per server 40 characters max as a bonus. It also says 1 character per server 8 characters max with a sub fee of $12.99 per month. It also says 8 characters per server 40 characters max for $15.99 per month. It's just a bonus for paying all that money at once, at the end of the 180 days you'll probably lose the bonus character slots if you don't buy the same subscription again.

Vinure
26th Jun 2013, 22:08
Yeah, they are just pro-rated fees to show the discounted price you'll pay for longer subscriptions.

I personally wish they would just have a 1 Character, 1 Server, 1 Annual Sub-Fee. $10 a month/over 1 year.

I honestly just want to pay $120 & not have to even think about it for a year. =P

demyxx
26th Jun 2013, 22:11
@ John

Not me personally if I decided to take a break then I can just up and go and not lose 120 the year because I took a hiatus lol. Also they can't do that 10 bucks a month for Legacy already gets that cost.

demyxx
26th Jun 2013, 22:18
I just reserved my copy at GameStop. Better than pay online and add even more confusion to what it already is lol

How? You must of gotten the little items you get code because none of us else got Early Access Code...they said they will release that on a later date. I only got my Pre-Order item code.

Kazammle
27th Jun 2013, 00:21
OK! Thanks for the help, I plan to play this game for a while so I am going to do the 180 day sub. ( unless the price changes on me xD)

Vinure
27th Jun 2013, 01:26
@DEMYXX

I see your point with breaking. You would only be saving $36 - $60 a year (as legacy members will be) but I think it would be a fair trade, S-E gets a year of forsight with spending, and we get a $36-$60 discount. Yoshi-P said it himself, it's more about the financial integrity and stability of the game that comes with subscriptions.

Was just a thought though...

tejas73er
27th Jun 2013, 01:59

I choose not to support gamestop and the CE of the pc version is only available on here so thats what I went with.

Vinure
27th Jun 2013, 14:04
PSN has a listing for FFXIV:ARR and it's listed under (TBA) - Good indicator it will be DLC eventually.

As to if you can pay your Sub-Fee through it? It doesn't seem likely with PSN's payment method/model and S-E's Crysta System.

They might come to some arrangement but I would expect it'll be faster & easier to set up auto-pay through S-E's account services.

You'll be able to view the different settings and fees as soon as it goes live. www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/ (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/) is the link you'll be using. As soon as it turns active, as it already has a FFXIV tab, that is. ^.^

Deathcharge
27th Jun 2013, 14:09
Ok I just came to a little realization and I wanted to know if anyone here has an answer for this or knows where I should ask it. As we all know FFXIV is a MMO and we will have to pay monthly for it. But now for the PS4 Sony states that if you want to play Multiplayer games you have to have a PS+ account and currently on the PS3 you dont have to pay for that. So does anyone knows if this has been addressed by Sony or Square Enix yet? As an example I have a son and currently am in the procces to budget for our 2 FFXIV accounts and does that mean that I have to add more money to my calculations if i upgrade to the PS4 or should I just keep the PS3 and not upgrade at all?

Thanks for the help.

Vinure
27th Jun 2013, 14:40
PS4 Multiplayer/Playstation Network access [WILL] require you to be a Playstation Plus member.

With that said, it's only $50 a year. That's equivalent to 0.13c a day which is 3 1/2 times cheaper then the cost to actually play FFXIV:ARR.

Also, if you're already a PS Plus member, your PS Plus account is rolled over to the PS4.

Quote from SOE "Current memberships will transfer to the PS4 from the PS3"

I've been a PS Plus member for awhile, $15 every three months, and it's always been worth it so far. (You can of course get a $10 discount per annum sub-fee)

Chosen1
27th Jun 2013, 14:45
PS4 Multiplayer/Playstation Network access [WILL] require you to be a Playstation Plus member.

With that said, it's only $50 a year. That's equivalent to 0.13c a day which is 3 1/2 times cheaper then the cost to actually play FFXIV:ARR.

Also, if you're already a PS Plus member, your PS Plus account is rolled over to the PS4.

I've been a PS Plus member for awhile, $15 every three months, and it's always been worth it so far. (You can of course get a $10 discount per annum sub-fee)

So your saying that you won't have to pay a montly fee ONLY if you own it on PS4? I'm also a PS+ member just curious.

DonalicioxD
27th Jun 2013, 15:00

So your saying that you won't have to pay a montly fee ONLY if you own it on PS4? I'm also a PS+ member just curious.

It's easy don't go nuts.

"ACCESS TO ONLINE STUFF" - Need Plus (payed to sony)

"ACCESS TO FFXIV: ARR" - Need Accnt Activation (payed to Square Enix, Crysta)

In order to play FFXIV: ARR you need to have "ONLINE ACCESS" (PS PLUS) and "ACCESS TO FFXIV: ARR" (Accnt Activation Square Enix, Crysta).

done, problem solved

Vinure
27th Jun 2013, 15:30
[quote=imported_Steve]

[quote=imported_John]

[quote=imported_Gabriel]

It's easy don't go nuts.

In order to play FFXIV: ARR you need to have "ONLINE ACCESS" (PS PLUS) and "ACCESS TO FFXIV: ARR" (Accnt Activation Square Enix, Crysta).

done, problem solved

@OP

His comment (Gabriel) was for PS4 - Access to FFXIV:ARR not PS3.

PS3 = Free Access to PSN/Servers. You only pay the Sub-Fee to Square-Enix.

I can tell you now though, upgrading to a PS4 / FFXIV:ARR, it's not going to be all that cheap in the general sence;

If you and your son want (1) Character each, the minimum you're going to pay is $155.88 (Each) a year on top of $49.99 (Each) a year for the PS Plus Members Fee.

You're looking at about $411.74 a year for you both on the PS4. ($311.76 per annum for PS3)

member_10647105
27th Jun 2013, 17:37
Well this is good to know, I was actually wondering why I hadn't been charged yet either. It's been almost a week now since I pre-ordered through SE's site and was worried that I wasn't being charged yet. My friend pre-ordered the same day and was charged instantly. I did get the e-mail confirmation so I hope this is fine like others have said.

Deathcharge
27th Jun 2013, 17:40
[quote=imported_Steve]

[quote=imported_John]

[quote=imported_Gabriel]

It's easy don't go nuts.

done, problem solved

@OP

His comment (Gabriel) was for PS4 - Access to FFXIV:ARR not PS3.

PS3 = Free Access to PSN/Servers. You only pay the Sub-Fee to Square-Enix.

I can tell you now though, upgrading to a PS4 / FFXIV:ARR, it's not going to be all that cheap in the general sence;

If you and your son want (1) Character each, the minimum you're going to pay is $155.88 (Each) a year on top of $49.99 (Each) a year for the PS Plus Members Fee.

You're looking at about $411.74 a year for you both on the PS4. ($311.76 per annum for PS3)

just for accounting sake. After PS4 comes out in order to play MMO on Playstation you will NEED to get the PS+ membership even if you have a PS3 or PS4. And before any miss understandings happen, at home I currently have 2 PS3 1 for my son and I have 1 for myself. I currently have a PS+ membership and was debating in the reason to purchase ANOTHER PS+ membership.

Vinure
27th Jun 2013, 17:53
Yeah, not a fan of GameStop, I don't like any system that makes you Pre-Order a game just to get perks that should have been objectively distributed to anyone who owns a copy of the game.

I don't mind the idea/ability to pre-order a game, I do it when I come across a franchise I know & trust.

member_10488019
28th Jun 2013, 14:56
In an In depth interview with Yoshida-san, he is asked if you will be required to have a PS Plus subscription in order to play FFXIV: ARR online.

When asked about PS Plus requirements for games like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn & Elder Scrolls Online, he said that "You will need it to enjoy online multiplayer."

www.psu.com/a019831/Some-PS4-MMOs-wont-r... (http://www.psu.com/a019831/Some-PS4-MMOs-wont-require-PS-Plus-for-online-play)

$12.99 (FFXIV: ARR Sub) + $4.16-$5.00 (PS+ Sub) = $17.15-$17.99 (Monthly Fee to Play FFXIV: ARR on PS4)

While desirable, it appears that playing Square Enix's latest installment of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on the PS4 will come with a premium price tag!! Worth it? You decide!!

shadowhax
28th Jun 2013, 21:17
In an In depth interview with Yoshida-san, he is asked if you will be required to have a PS Plus subscription in order to play FFXIV: ARR online.

When asked about PS Plus requirements for games like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn & Elder Scrolls Online, he said that "You will need it to enjoy online multiplayer."

www.psu.com/a019831/Some-PS4-MMOs-wont-r... (http://www.psu.com/a019831/Some-PS4-MMOs-wont-require-PS-Plus-for-online-play)

$12.99 (FFXIV: ARR Sub) + $4.16-$5.00 (PS+ Sub) = $17.15-$17.99 (Monthly Fee to Play FFXIV: ARR on PS4)

While desirable, it appears that playing Square Enix's latest installment of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on the PS4 will come with a premium price tag!! Worth it? You decide!!

If i recall correctly, they said they wouldnt require ps+ for certain things like MMOs

member_10753888
29th Jun 2013, 04:00
Well, I don't know if it applys exactly to this.

As far as I know, Sony did explain shortly after E3, the PS4 will require PS+ to play online/multiplayer. So that might be what he meant.

The only thing that worries me is weather Sony will change the policy of the PS3 to that of the PS4.

On the bright side, you get free games every month. (As long as you'r still a member)

member_10766947
3rd Jul 2013, 17:31
what u saying u need a to pay a monthly fee for ff14 online if so that is BS too me cuz i heard now that the ps4 you need PS PLUS inorder to play online WTF.Are you kidding me

Thats up to the devs if they want you to have ps +. I really doubt you'll need ps+ to play ff14 since your already paying a sub

moooka
4th Jul 2013, 02:29

FF14 may not require PS+ subscription on the PS4. In fact, it's confirmed that DC Universe Online won't require it. FF11 didn't require Xbox Live Gold subscription on Xbox 360, just the game's monthly fees.

Solidsnakessnack
7th Jul 2013, 11:19
I was wondering if Square Enix can deduct the subscription fee for FFXIV from my PSN account. My father doesn't like to use his card to pay for anything over the Internet.

Solidsnakessnack
7th Jul 2013, 11:51
I was wondering if Square Enix can deduct the subscription fee for FFXIV from my PSN account. My father doesn't like to use his card to pay for anything over the Internet.

member_10109234
7th Jul 2013, 13:00

You can use the prepaid ultimategamecards to add crysta to your account to pay for the subscription. That is what I am going to do. Buy four of the 25$ cards and you will have the max crysta that you can have. If I did the math right and if you choose the Standard fee for 12.99/month (180 day subscription.

On 4 of the cards, that will give you 7 months. 8 if you count the free trial.

Solidsnakessnack
7th Jul 2013, 18:42
Where would I buy these cards? Thanks for the reply.

Grimoire
8th Jul 2013, 03:24

---

Grimoire
8th Jul 2013, 04:43
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29996553/Payment_Options?post_id=533707697#533707697)

You can use the prepaid ultimategamecards to add crysta to your account to pay for the subscription. That is what I am going to do. Buy four of the 25$ cards and you will have the max crysta that you can have. If I did the math right and if you choose the Standard fee for 12.99/month (180 day subscription.

On 4 of the cards, that will give you 7 months. 8 if you count the free trial.

strydier
8th Jul 2013, 16:27
Where would I buy these cards? Thanks for the reply.

Online or any gaming store

member_10214938
8th Jul 2013, 17:36
Is the monthly fee going to be 12.99 a month for one character and a dollar more per character? Haven't played XI but i guess XI is like that.

Aromyth
8th Jul 2013, 22:15
Is the monthly fee going to be 12.99 a month for one character and a dollar more per character? Haven't played XI but i guess XI is like that.

The prices for more than 30 days will have to be payed all at once example 12.99 for 180 days you will get charged $77.94

<table class="table" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="16%">Membership Tier</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="20%">Monthly Price</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="28%">Max Characters per Server</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="18%">Max Characters</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="18%">Subscription Length</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTH2" rowspan="3" align="center">Standard</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">$12.99[/b]</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">8[/b]</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">40[/b]</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">180 days[/b]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">$13.99</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">8</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">40</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">90 days</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">$14.99</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">30 days</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">Entry</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">$12.99</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">1</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">

30 days

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

jurai-pr
9th Jul 2013, 05:00
DC Universe is Free to play.... FF14 not free to play. In Ps4 we can only play games free to play only on internet.

member_10214938
9th Jul 2013, 07:41

The prices for more than 30 days will have to be payed all at once example 12.99 for 180 days you will get charged $77.94

<table class="table" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="16%">Membership Tier</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="20%">Monthly Price</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="28%">Max Characters per Server</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="18%">Max Characters</td>
<td class="tableTH1" align="center" width="18%">Subscription Length</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTH2" rowspan="3" align="center">Standard</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">$12.99[/b]</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">8[/b]</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">40[/b]</td>
<td class="tableTH2" align="center"><b class="StrongText Type1">180 days[/b]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">$13.99</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">90 days</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">$14.99</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">30 days</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">Entry</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">$12.99</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">1</td>
<td class="tableTD1" align="center">

30 days

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Awesome. Thanks for the reply

xxCresentxx
9th Jul 2013, 08:00
I hope they give us a pre-paid game cards that's another good option http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif.

member_10090130
9th Jul 2013, 13:49
Yes, FF XIV ARR will require a monthly subscription payment. This goes to the cost of the servers, maintaining a GM team, and continued development -- remember that you will continue to receive additions to the game on a regular basis without additional cost beyond the subscription, unlike non-MMO titles where any additional content is released through costly DLC (seemingly at a rate of about USD$5 per hour of added gameplay) or just hit a wall where you run out of things to do in your game.

As for the methods that will be available, here is from the product page (na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/)):

Payment Methods

Credit Cards or Debit Cards

We accept a variety of credit cards and debit cards that customers can register to pay for various services and subscription fees.
Square Enix Crysta

Square Enix Crysta (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/charge.html) can be added to a Square Enix account using a payment method such as a credit card, and then used for various services such as subscription fees.

* Please click here (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/charge.html) for further details about Crysta. * Additional payment options may be introduced in the future.[/quote]

link1030
10th Aug 2013, 02:08
I loved the game like all the series, but I have a question ...
before buying the game I need to know if the game will pay monthly ... any help to my question will be well received ...
thank you very much!

BenjieXD
10th Aug 2013, 02:23
http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php
check this link. it contains the answer you seek

GrBioCORE
10th Aug 2013, 08:51
no there is no need to pay in order to play with the ps4 with the PS+ you have some advantages like free games etc

Atma-Weapon
12th Aug 2013, 10:05
There's also talk of prepaid game cards being available at a later date.

OMG_Noodles
12th Aug 2013, 13:11
when the game is purchased and your code is entered you will get 30 days from the purchase date so we all have a chance to get into the game and if we want to continue we can go to our local gaming shop and purchase a game card, however I have not read anything to with if we will be able to renew our subscription throught the PSN? or if it can only be done through square enix?

VoidTemp1ar
12th Aug 2013, 21:22
I purchased FF14:ARR Digital CE last month around the 20th or so and I was able to get the Serial Number. but I noticed I never was actually charged for it. I would like to know if the charge is delayed till the game is released or is it something else. I cant figure out the new store to look for the purchase history so any help would be appreciated.

VoidTemp1ar
14th Aug 2013, 03:19
Anyone else had the problem of not being charged? I found the confirm email that i purchased it and have been able to pull up the online store look up on it. Only thing that hasnt appeared is the charge on my bank statement. Should I call digital river or will i be charged on the day of release?

ExAvalon
16th Aug 2013, 16:58
please let me know thanks

jester3993
16th Aug 2013, 17:00
I would also like to know. I'm having trouble finding a go-to page with official facts and details.

Mattallica9
16th Aug 2013, 17:19
It's a monthly payment and I think it's £7.50 a month. Not sure what that is in other currencies.

SinisJecht
16th Aug 2013, 17:29
Service Fees
Membership Tier////// Monthly Price////Max Characters per Server/////// /Max Characters////// Subscription Length
Standard/////////// £7.69 / 10.99 € */////////// 8 ////////////////////////// 40 /////////////////// 180 days
///////////// £8.39 / 11.99 € *////////// 8 ////////////////////////// 40 ////////////////////////////////90 days
////////////// £8.99 / 12.99 € * ////// 8 //////////////////////////// 40 ////////////////// 30 days
Entry /////////////// £7.69 / 10.99 € *//////////// 1 //////////////////////////// 8 /////////////////// 30 days
* All subscription fees are subject to change in accordance with the terms of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

OkamiDestiny
16th Aug 2013, 17:32
http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php not sur it's reliable tho

darkcat1
16th Aug 2013, 17:40
FFIV reborn with have a monthly fee just like it's predecessor

Skanmll
16th Aug 2013, 18:56
$30US for the game $15.00 a month.

YuriSensen
17th Aug 2013, 04:32
$30US for the game $15.00 a month.

Didn't the subscription section of the site, say $13 a month though?

WadeDMcGinnis
17th Aug 2013, 06:57
Didn't the subscription section of the site, say $13 a month though?

I believe that is if you were a Legacy player.

Noobtubephails
17th Aug 2013, 16:45
Im interested in buying Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn for PS3.
Can somebody tell me if the prepaid cards for PC also work for PS3 or do I need to pay in a different way?

Konfuzzle
17th Aug 2013, 21:29
Yes the Ultimate Game Cards for the PC will work just go the the square enix site and onto your account and click Add Crysta.

CryXis4
17th Aug 2013, 22:12
I'm just wondering will there be paid services and will they be implemented soon?

Example, like a Name Change, or a Server Change or a Race change?

Mainly the name change.

Would be nice to know if Square will provide these services or if anyone actually knows, thanks.
And soon, like, REALLY soon.

Dimker
19th Aug 2013, 17:50
Will we be able to use paypal to pay for our monthly fees?

I was roaming around the subscriptions etc., and I came across clickandbuy and ultimatepay. So I thought, why not? And tried to register myself for future payments. Only to find out, that apparently I already reigstered with both these companies (mind you I NEVER even visited these websites). You probably won't be surprised I'm not even thinking of using clickandbuy and ultimatepay.

I don't have a credit card, and the debit card I use isn't listed in the methods to pay with. With paypal I'm able to simply add money to my paypal account through iDeal and have been using that for other games I play. So basically it's the easiest way for me to pay for my subscription.

DarkKaiban26
20th Aug 2013, 01:13
Do you get the usual one free month?

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 01:28
Yes, you do. Assuming you're either a brand new player or registering a PS3 game on a 1.0 account. Registering a new game gives you 30 days free.

Lhurgo
20th Aug 2013, 02:05
there will be the generic 1 month free play

via weblink http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html

Membership Tier Monthly Price Max Characters per Server Max Characters Subscription Length
Standard $12.99 8 40 180 days
$13.99 8 40 90 days
$14.99 8 40 30 days
Entry $12.99 1 8 30 days

I did also see somewhere if you just want 1 char on 1 server it should be 3$ for char and 3$ month unless thats for additional charges beyond the 40
if i find the link and info i will post it

Lhurgo
20th Aug 2013, 02:09
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=64539&ret=main

The fees for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn at time of official launch are as follows:

◆Legacy
   Subscription Period: 30 days
   Fee: $9.99
   Number of playable characters: 8 per World and up to 40 per service account
  * Please visit the URL below for details on the Legacy Campaign.
   http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy

◆Entry
   Fee: $12.99
   Number of playable characters: 1 per World and up to 8 per service account

◆Standard
   Fee: $14.99
   Number of playable characters: 8 per World and up to 40 per service account

Fees for subscription cycles longer than 31 days as well as retainer usage fees are not yet determined. An announcement will be made as soon as these fees are determined so please stay tuned.

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 02:23
To add to Lhurgo's post, there are no retainer fees. They have confirmed that you get two per account and that's it.

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 03:16
more fee information

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi04.html
Fees & Options
Fee Overview
The FINAL FANTASY XIV service requires a subscription fee, which includes the game’s basic fee and any other fees associated with options added to your service account. Service fees are billed according to the payment method designated in the service account you have selected.

Fee Type Service Period Fee (*1)
Basic Service Fee (*2) 30 days $6.99 (or 699 Crysta)
90 days (*4) $17.97 (or 1,797 Crysta)
180 days (*4) $29.94 (or 2,994 Crysta)
Character Fee (*3) 30 days $3.00 (or 300 Crysta)

The subscription rates shown above will remain in effect until the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV Version 2.0.
Please click here to read further details on the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV Version 2.0.

*1. Service fees can also be paid by using Square Enix Crysta.
*2. To play FINAL FANTASY XIV, you will need to pay a basic service fee and fees for each character.
*3. The price for one character save slot is $3.00. An additional $3.00 charge will apply for every additional character save slot.
*4. The 90 and 180 days options are currently unavailable.

Manage FINAL FANTASY XIV options and service fee payments from the Square Enix Account Management System.

That was the model for Final Fantasy XIV 1.0, not A Realm Reborn. The model that you posted earlier was the correct pricing model now. I.e. Legacy is 9.99 for 30 days. Entry is 12.99 for 30 days for 1 character per realm, 8 characters total, etc. That was posted a while ago, as they are still referring to A Realm Reborn as "2.0" and say that's the pricing model until the release of 2.0, in which they have now changed it to be a more "standard" model for MMO's.

DarkKaiban26
20th Aug 2013, 04:13
Sooooo...there WILL be a free month?

MasBro
20th Aug 2013, 17:17
hey, where is the subscription page that gives you all the option for subscribing and credit card information? i can't see any links in my profile page or user settings page.
thank you

MelvilleMortis
21st Aug 2013, 12:10
Hey there, i believe you can buy crysta using ultimatepay, which features the iDeal payment method, and you use that crysta to get yourself gametime,
also in a while they will feature gamecards.

joleme
21st Aug 2013, 20:05
So the wife bought the ps3 preorder for me, and I think I'm on track getting the EA to work, but I have a question.

I was a 1.0 player and in the beta and have a character leveled a bit. I know I can link the ps3 to my 1.0 account, but if I have the ps3 version that gives me a free month of play, can I log into the game on my PC as well or is it only for the ps3?

I wouldn't think it shouldn't matter, but one can never tell.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 20:07
If your SE account has a valid subscription for the game you should be able to log into the PC version with your account details with no problems. Obviously you'd have to have a PC copy of ARR

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 20:13
You will be able to use that free month, on top of being able to play free until the 9th of September, as long as you register it to the same Service Account.

joleme
21st Aug 2013, 20:21
so to play EA I'll be forced to use the ps3, but once it goes live on monday I can switch to pc.....

It seems kinda arbitrary to force people to buy both versions if they want to play on both. I'm betting even if you pay for both you can't log into the same account on ps3 and PC at the same time. Money grubbing square as usual I guess.

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 20:23
so to play EA I'll be forced to use the ps3, but once it goes live on monday I can switch to pc.....

It seems kinda arbitrary to force people to buy both versions if they want to play on both. I'm betting even if you pay for both you can't log into the same account on ps3 and PC at the same time. Money grubbing square as usual I guess.

You will be able to play Early Access on both to my knowledge, as long as the PS3 version is registered to the same service account as the PC version.

joleme
21st Aug 2013, 20:32
You will be able to play Early Access on both to my knowledge, as long as the PS3 version is registered to the same service account as the PC version.
thats the plan... and if you are right, i'll be happy.... zombie by monday.... but a happy zombie.

alexandrogomez
21st Aug 2013, 23:16
i assumed the ps3 version isn't free and shouldn't be just because i own the pc version. so i bought it as well. im sure one sub will work for both.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 01:21
i assumed the ps3 version isn't free and shouldn't be just because i own the pc version. so i bought it as well. im sure one sub will work for both.

That is correct, while the PS3 version itself isn't free, the subscription will work for both if you attach it to the same service account. You will have to make sure of that when you register the game that is also with the PC version otherwise you'll have to pay for two subscriptions to my knowledge.

Anheas
22nd Aug 2013, 10:41
Ok i have tried to look all over for the answer to this.

How much is the subscription for the UK and how do you set up a payment option?

SinisJecht
22nd Aug 2013, 10:43
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/index.html tell you everything you need to know

Anheas
22nd Aug 2013, 10:48
So according to that link i have to buy Crysta to use to pay for a 30 day subscription?

What sort of BS payment system is that.

Falconreaver
22nd Aug 2013, 11:00
i'm assuming the Crysta is used to buy some things ingame, not the subscription fee

TinSparrow
22nd Aug 2013, 11:05
It looks as though you can use Crysta - OR - a credit card for subscriptions.
The Payment Methods list both as options. I dont see how that is a BS payment system, nor do I see how you came to the conclusion that you can only use Crysta.

Anheas
22nd Aug 2013, 11:08
Well that does make better sense but still can not find how to set up a subscription..... ah well

TinSparrow
22nd Aug 2013, 11:09
I dont think there is a way to set up a subscription yet as the games not officially released. Once the 27th hits, the option to do so will likely be available. Dont go throwing your money at the screen just yet. =P

Falconreaver
22nd Aug 2013, 11:12
also should have a free month subscription anyway as thats pretty standard when you buy a MMORPG for the first time

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:39
Hey everyone,

This one is mainly aimed at the PS3 peeps, or anyone who actually knows. I'm just wondering how the actual subscription works?
Do we have to setup credit/debit card details on our SE account to subscribe or will it be similar to how DC Universe works where you can just buy a XX day subscription pass, which also means you don't have to constantly subscribe.

I'd rather it be the later because it's just a pain having to pay for time you may not even be around, like holidays etc.

I would have though that SE/Sony have thought of this as a lot of PS3 users don't actually buy things with credit/debit cards and instead use the pre-paid network cards to buy from the store. If I can just go to the PSN store and pay for 30 days at a time for instance (obviously would save on subbing longer) then I'd be happy :)

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 13:44
You have the option to buy time cards at your local retailer, they will have a 30 day and 60 day option. You can set up a credit card and use that to purchase XX number of days 30, 90 and 180 being the option with a discount for the more time you buy up front. You will handle that through https://secure.square-enix.com/account until the launch of the Mog Station website.

Sky_Bear
22nd Aug 2013, 13:46
Ive thought about this, and cant say for certain but I can remember reading about a ps3 subsciption based on days and being rewarded for purchasing more days at a time. :-) but i think with a lil research on the ffxiv site it will say.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:46
Cheers Mashr, I was worried it was going to be like FFXI where you just got charged every month on the dot.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 13:48
I know on the management site you can buy Crysta on the PC but PS3 no clue. But that all don't start until the 27th I think when you have to start paying.

titanheart
22nd Aug 2013, 13:49
Was wondering if there is a link or if anyone may know how i would go about changing the payment method i used for the pre order, since they took the money initially and then returned it for it to be taken again closer to launch, just curious if there is any way to change the payment method somewhere?

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 13:51
As said above - there are already 30 and 60 days "prepaid" cards being offered by online retailers (Amazon, The Hut, Zavvi and many others) if you prefer not to tie in your debit / credit card but indeed you'll pay a bit more. So far there was no official word from either Sony or SE about possibility to pay via your PSN wallet (would be most logical and easy choice for many though and I really hope that both companies will come to some agreement about this).

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 13:51
Ive thought about this, and cant say for certain but I can remember reading about a ps3 subsciption based on days and being rewarded for purchasing more days at a time. :-) but i think with a lil research on the ffxiv site it will say.

Both PC and PS3 get rewards for subscriptions! 30 Days nets you a Wind-Up Cursor minion (The staple Final Fantasy Selection Glove that floats and follows you around) and a Bottle of Fantasia, which allows you to redo your character's appearance. I think you may be able to change the gender, but not sure if you're allowed to change your race on top of the rest of the customization. 60 Days subscribed gets you a Black Chocobo hatchling minion and an item to get the Black Heat Resistant Gear. 90 Days gets you and Ahriman minion and mount! Note: You will get these immediately upon subscribing for the said amount of time, so if you kick off your game with 90 days you will immediately receive all three tiers of rewards! :D

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:53
I would have thought Crysta was universal to SE accounts? Anyways, I'm not overally worried as we have 33 days of play before it comes to that, I just like to be prepared :D
Once it's launched I'm sure they'll be a FFXIV page on the PS3 store which may detail payment options.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 13:54
Was wondering if there is a link or if anyone may know how i would go about changing the payment method i used for the pre order, since they took the money initially and then returned it for it to be taken again closer to launch, just curious if there is any way to change the payment method somewhere?

Who did you order from? You would need to contact them to get this changed I believe.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:55
Both PC and PS3 get rewards for subscriptions! 30 Days nets you a Wind-Up Cursor minion (The staple Final Fantasy Selection Glove that floats and follows you around) and a Bottle of Fantasia, which allows you to redo your character's appearance. I think you may be able to change the gender, but not sure if you're allowed to change your race on top of the rest of the customization. 60 Days subscribed gets you a Black Chocobo hatchling minion and an item to get the Black Heat Resistant Gear. 90 Days gets you and Ahriman minion and mount! Note: You will get these immediately upon subscribing for the said amount of time, so if you kick off your game with 90 days you will immediately receive all three tiers of rewards! :D

Rewards are always good! I'll probably go for the max to start off with anyways as no immediate holiday plans this side of Christmas :)

titanheart
22nd Aug 2013, 13:55
i ordered from the SE site, not a retailer