PDA

View Full Version : Story characters:

Vampmaster
21st Nov 2013, 16:42
George asked about the Sisters of Alchemy blog in another thread, but I didn't specifically want to talk about them, so I'm starting a more generic one:

Speaking of female characters... what did you make of our Alchemist story blog (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/alchemists-arcane-cultists-with-a-thirst-for-revenge)?

I want to see what Laderic and Elustra look like. I'd want them to be playable, but I think any story characters should look distinct from the generic grunts. I definitely want to find out more of their story.

I also wanted to mention other characters I'd like to see and find out whether anyone thought they were a good idea:

I'd like to see Morlock show up at some point, since he was a minor character in SR1, but I think he could easily have a more significant role in this time period.

I'd like to know what Azimuth got up to in all that time she had the time streaming device. Maybe she showed up in this era to pick out who to summon in person or maybe she'd send enslaved creatures out to work for her afterwards. Amy was asked some time ago about how the hylden see into the future, and she said they had their own methods. Maybe Azimuth was collecting vessels for them to spy on many time periods.

Maybe there would be some Elder God worshippers in this era. No one knows about what he really is or about the spectral realm at this point, but it would only make it easier to convince humans that he's a god if all they can do is hear his voice telling them of ways to fight the vampires. Apparently he controlled the warp gates (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7827), so maybe he'd reveal them to the humans if they're already doing his bidding and helping kill off the vampires. There should be some sort of priest or bishop or something.

I mentioned the Citadel having a ruler in the thread above as a possibility for the water glyph statue. That theory was proved wrong, but I think the idea of the Citadel having a King/Queen is still a viable one. Maybe that could still be included and just not be related to the glyphs.

Monkeythumbz
21st Nov 2013, 18:22
I want to see what Laderic and Elustra look like.

Well, Laderic is dead - Elustra killed him.

Vampmaster
21st Nov 2013, 19:47
I know, I meant before that.

EDIT: For example, did he interact with other important characters and how did they react to his death?

lucinvampire
21st Nov 2013, 20:51
I really really really like the Red Sisters article today :thumb: - was awesome and I'd like to see some character artwork too - George get the biro out and draw some stick men 'cause that'd be funny.

The blog stuff has been very cool and gives so much more depth to the game - allows people to learn about the series more and give something back to the oldies - though the game is excellent on its own - you know us LoKers we loooovvvvveee the story! ;)

I really can't wait to see the next blog article.... :D

ZeroFernir
21st Nov 2013, 21:03

Well, I would like to see them anyway, even if just pictures. BTW, you are doing great job with the Lore... I loved this one (it really made me like the characters, Laderic and Elustra (specially Laderic)), and the Guardians being sarafans... Loved! But the others failed a bit. They could be like this one, telling stories of people... It would be really better. The human lore are the best... The vampires are not that good... Please do a better job with Razielim! Anyway, better some lore then no lore at all, and better your lore then the silly crap I was thinking about. Good job, after all.

Reidbynature
24th Nov 2013, 03:19

Well there's no point in me reading it now. :hmm: lol

Sluagh
24th Nov 2013, 20:16
Yeah Morlock would be quite cool to see. Also, any chance of Elzevir the Dollmaker getting a look in? I know strictly speaking his importance has been negated utterly by the killing of William the Just/Nemesis in BO1, HOWEVER I always thought his tale was rather tragic; that he made that clever plan to pinch the soul of the princess, just to hang out with her in a mansion full of exploding bears and rampant manikins. He was obviously lonely.

I know he must be dead by this time-frame, but maybe his pad would make a nice arena or something. In the altered time frame, maybe he was just a cute Father Christmas-esque figure who liked making toys for children? 'Til his house got torn down by some vampires.

ZeroFernir
25th Nov 2013, 01:14
Yeah Morlock would be quite cool to see. Also, any chance of Elzevir the Dollmaker getting a look in? I know strictly speaking his importance has been negated utterly by the killing of William the Just/Nemesis in BO1, HOWEVER I always thought his tale was rather tragic; that he made that clever plan to pinch the soul of the princess, just to hang out with her in a mansion full of exploding bears and rampant manikins. He was obviously lonely.

I know he must be dead by this time-frame, but maybe his pad would make a nice arena or something. In the altered time frame, maybe he was just a cute Father Christmas-esque figure who liked making toys for children? 'Til his house got torn down by some vampires.

Father Christmas? You meant Santa Claus? well, I liked the idea of his place becoming a map, but the devs are choosing story over nostalgy (not blaming you for that, devs!) so I think it's rather difficult for us to see it in the game.

Sluagh
25th Nov 2013, 17:32
Father Christmas? You meant Santa Claus? well, I liked the idea of his place becoming a map, but the devs are choosing story over nostalgy (not blaming you for that, devs!) so I think it's rather difficult for us to see it in the game.

No no, Father Christmas. Everyone knows Santa Claus isn't real :P But yes I suppose it was rather a nostalgic tug on the strings of my blackened heart that made me think of that one.