PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Negative Feedback

Pages : [1] 2

joltmasta
26th Jul 2012, 22:04
The game was simply a huge flop. Rather than waste resources to bandaid an already ill received game, shouldn't the company have used its resources on projects fans demand more?

member_10593871
26th Jul 2012, 23:33
The game isn't getting a simple "bandaid" patch, it got a complete overhaul. They remade the game from the ground up; graphics, story, characters, playable races, raids, dungeons etc. Another thing is that this game bears the "Final Fantasy" title, arguably Square's most profitable, and popular, franchise. They would not leave it in the dust because it's using its resources to devlop what the fan's of the series want. There are a lot of people now getting hyped over this overhaul when the new version goes out for distribution later this year.

Bluehurricane11
26th Jul 2012, 23:38
My quistion is should i get this one.

member_10428045
26th Jul 2012, 23:43
I used to play Final Fantasy XI, which I really enjoyed for 5-6 years (Bismarck, Koleno). I am really hoping this re-release/overhaul turns out well.

cky182dude
27th Jul 2012, 00:07
If the gameplay looks good, I'm buying it. I wanted 14 when it was first released but a few of my friends got it and told me that it wasn't worth it. Then I watched gameplay videos online and saw for myself that it just wasn't cutting it. I hope to god that this version of the game blows my mind. In that case I'll be buying it immediately.

Automaton
27th Jul 2012, 01:04
It's honestly difficult for me to get overly excited about XIV. I mean, I think it's great that it's getting a huge overhaul and everything, and I'd be happy to follow the news of where it's going and how it does. It's just a game that, like XI before it, I won't play because of the hassle of keeping up a subscription and needing a credit card for it. (I'd be more willing to look into it if they introduced a Paypal method, maybe.)

cky182dude
27th Jul 2012, 02:17
You could always just get a bank account (they give you a free debit card). Charge the subscription to the debit card and have the money you earn directly deposited into your account so you don't have to go to the bank every time you get paid. That's what I do and it also helps me to save money cause I don't have the money on me so I won't spend it as easily lol.

Dekkarra
27th Jul 2012, 07:57
The game was simply a huge flop. Rather than waste resources to bandaid an already ill received game, shouldn't the company have used its resources on projects fans demand more?
Lemme guess, like Versus? Please. People seriously need to stop it about that game. They keep asking everyone for patience and yet people show ZERO of it. You do know SE has multiple teams right? The company is more than just one creator who overdoes it on belts and androgany.

It's honestly difficult for me to get overly excited about XIV. I mean, I think it's great that it's getting a huge overhaul and everything, and I'd be happy to follow the news of where it's going and how it does. It's just a game that, like XI before it, I won't play because of the hassle of keeping up a subscription and needing a credit card for it. (I'd be more willing to look into it if they introduced a Paypal method, maybe.)
You can use PayPal for payments. It's available through the "UltimatePay" option. You can also use those Ultimate Game Cards you see in drug stores, supermarkets, and Wal-Marts for payments as well through "UltimatePay".

Automaton
27th Jul 2012, 13:38
Hmm, that's good to know, Dek. Thanks for that info.

member_10440937
11th Jan 2013, 13:01
Will it be simplified?
I remember with FFXI the complicated process known as payment, the complicated process known as installation and the patches of eternity.

We are now in 2013. Forum access should be easy and quick. Payments should be easy. Installing should work without days of tech support and patches should come in at our connection speed limit. Will the game be on Steam or available digitally? Buying CDs? its outdated too, I no longer buy anything that is not available digitally when it comes to games. Judging that the old version was scrapped because it was too old-style, will the rest of structure around the MMO be updated too?

Dengojin
11th Jan 2013, 16:28
Will it be simplified?
I remember with FFXI the complicated process known as payment, the complicated process known as installation and the patches of eternity.

We are now in 2013. Forum access should be easy and quick. Payments should be easy. Installing should work without days of tech support and patches should come in at our connection speed limit. Will the game be on Steam or available digitally? Buying CDs? its outdated too, I no longer buy anything that is not available digitally when it comes to games. Judging that the old version was scrapped because it was too old-style, will the rest of structure around the MMO be updated too?

well i don't see that downloading patches taking that long but you are right though , they can make it faster but if they did the whole servers will go down or slow , keep that in mind you are not the only who's downloading these patches bro

about the payment method i guess the PS3 version will let you buy license from PS STORE and thats why i'm going to play it on ps3 but if i'm wrong and both has the same old payment method i'll get the PC version

Dekkarra
11th Jan 2013, 17:40
Will it be simplified?

Let me see if I can assist a little bit here.

Install/uninstall times, as well as the patcher have been upgraded and should be much faster than version 1.x. Of course, your service provider's speed will detemine just how fast things will work out for you.

In the preview videos, and in the new opening movie, the end card shows an icon that states "PC Digital Download". So you can expect, at the very least, the game to be available through digital means. Whether or not that means STEAM remains to be seen, but I would like to think you'll find it there at launch, or very soon afterwards. There will be physical copies as well, as they have said every now and again that there'll be some form of a Collector's Edition.

The payment system within the SQUARE ENIX Account service has been upgraded some. You can now make direct credit card payments without needing to use "ClickandBuy" (which I would STRONGLY recommend you stay away from), and they accept Discover, American Express and JCB cards instead of just VISA and MasterCard. Also you can use PayPal and Ultimate Game Cards if you don't like/use credit cards through the "UltimatePay" option. So there are plenty more options, just with an extra step or two in them. They have not said anything about being able to buy time through the PS Store yet, but they have seemed pretty open to ideas on how to accept payment.

And Forum access is pretty simple. Have an active account? You can post. Otherwise, it's read-only.

Anything else?

member_10440937
21st Feb 2013, 22:18
Hi thanks for the replies, very encouraging!

AveHax
21st Feb 2013, 22:59
Yes but sadly im going through 4 current issues with ff7 digital download now and i understand the pain

i will no longer get digital downloads if they mess up on the toomb raider steam for me

i did pre order and am fair about the download times and such

but after 7 months square couldnt fix these issues im seeing for ff7 download because there argueing whos problem it is

they could find another sub company if that is what it takes and actually work together it is giving them the bad name too

i am starting to see the legal issues everywhere in all of these online games and there all getting the wrong attitudes about it

Would i want my name tarnished? Would i give my gamers 5 days to wait? No easily automated call center?

I have to wonder sometimes

but at least the moderators here are good :)

member_10248333
9th Jul 2013, 22:58
Where the hell is the Final Fantasy I used to know and love? I do not even know what the hell the new modern ones are. As a traditional FF fan, Squeenix has alienated me, just like all their other true fans. No, cancel that, Square-SOFT fans.

I just watched the E3 trailer again and it made me enraged and I vomited.

Looks like somebody mixed in Mess Effect with DmC. Where's the RPG at? Looks like some crappy generic action game like crappy DmC. This is an action game and not an RPG. When the F did Final Fantasy become mediocre sucky crap? Looks more like an interactive movie that is linear rather than RPG. Clunky cinematic hack and slash like crappy Crisis Core.

Final Fantasy has lost many of the reasons why I used to love the franchise in the first place. It used to be my favorite video game series, but now I hate Final Fantasy and it's just a bunch of sucky garbage. I freaking miss turn based combat and I miss fantasy elements. Now it's a bunch of semi-realistic crap (semi-realistic graphics, realistic modern buildings and Noctis in a limo).

Where the hell did Final Fantasy go?

Happybandido
18th Aug 2013, 14:18
This is an assessment of what has been a fatal experience for some ppl.

1) First,this is not 10 years back when you could give a million excuses for all the screw ups up to now.

2) If the game was not ready to be launched dont do it. By now this should had been an obvious move.

3) No lead time to download. You let ppl download ahead of time and everyone is ready for launch.

4) Locking servers. Whoever though of this should be fired already by the company. ESPECIALLY if you didnot let ppl download with anticipation. Ppl want to play with their friends.

5) The poorest communication so far with the community in the industry probably. A few posts would have solve so many problems for the company and for a ton of people in the past couple days.

6) Dont push the how lucky you are to have a license that is so popular cause it can blow up in the face, yet again.

Well i dont work for the company and there you have it. Gluck with lasting long.

Consilio
18th Aug 2013, 15:12
It's a beta my friend. Keep that in mind. This sort of thing is supposed to happen.

Nyxa75
18th Aug 2013, 17:04
Welcome to the wonderful world of beta tests.

Tigerna
18th Aug 2013, 17:26
Not much of a test when the users can't get in to actually test anything, imo. I was hoping for this to be a fun game. Before I was locked out by the latest error (*everything* I have successfully done to even get into the game has needed to be redone at least 2x before the sqen system would let me do it), i was unimpressed. the beginning quests are the usual unimaginative kill x things , go to x place. The cuts scenes are distracting, especially with the animations of lip movement without any sound, but even w/ sound it would remove me from the game experience. Odd to see the oldschool text for quest conversations, but it works well and is easy to get used to. I like that clicking lets you determine how fast you go through the written dialogue. graphics are great. I just don't see this holding my interest for very long in the scheme of things, so I will not be subbing. It may get better further into endgame, but since I can't actually get there, with the server issues.....I can't confirm. Won't spend money to see if a game might actually get interesting halfway through the game

Roguekitty
19th Aug 2013, 00:15
Beta. Test.

Dilandu
19th Aug 2013, 00:23
people they did a thread like this in the Forum for FF XIV
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue
it takes a little bit to load so be patient it has 1790 pages fo far.....so.....they know about the problem and they might be doing something to try to solve it.

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 01:06
"2) If the game was not ready to be launched dont do it. By now this should had been an obvious move."

It's a 2-3 day open beta. 2-3 DAY OPEN BETA.

Why are some people not understanding that this is not even the official launch, and is in fact open FOR the bugs, not for the sole enjoyment of the game. If we find bugs, then it's a good thing, because then they can be resolved.

There are caps on servers because they have been hitting an overflowing amount since day one. We've even had crashes because of said overflowing of players, which had caused even more issues.

Tinuval
19th Aug 2013, 01:20
You guys apparently dont understand that this isnt truly beta any more. This is supposed to be the release client with a "free" weekend. If it was a true beta they would be wiping the servers.

Nyxa75
19th Aug 2013, 01:26
You guys apparently dont understand that this isnt truly beta any more. This is supposed to be the release client with a "free" weekend. If it was a true beta they would be wiping the servers.

They can still choose to do a wipe before the actual release of the game, it's still in testing phase so there are still going to be bugs and hicups that are going to show up

Phase 4 (Open Beta)
- Final balancing of core systems and beta content
according to the official page it IS still beta, so unless you want to tell Naoki Yoshida that he's wrong too, by all means I won't get in your way

shiga33
19th Aug 2013, 01:31
Just to let you know. I was not able to log back into the NA/EU server with my character since nearly 2 days. yeah too bad for me **** happens. Now what i figured is that i can play on the Japanese server without Any Problem or lag or anything. So if you wanted to test the game so badly then go to the japan server and stop qqing. So far my experience this game is ******* amazing. No doubt about it. I loved the content the graphics and the combat system. I TOTALLY LOVE MY NYA NYAN KITTY CATTY <3! I love this game end of story

Roguekitty
19th Aug 2013, 01:33
And where have they said that? The only thing I've seen is that this is Phase 4 Open Beta... which is still a beta. Which means that it's for testing purposes, not a free trial. If it was supposed to be a free trial, wouldn't it be called so?

Roguekitty
19th Aug 2013, 01:36
Just to let you know. I was not able to log back into the NA/EU server with my character since nearly 2 days. yeah too bad for me **** happens. Now what i figured is that i can play on the Japanese server without Any Problem or lag or anything. So if you wanted to test the game so badly then go to the japan server and stop qqing. So far my experience this game is ******* amazing. No doubt about it. I loved the content the graphics and the combat system. I TOTALLY LOVE MY NYA NYAN KITTY CATTY <3! I love this game end of story
Also, this. After I got the 3102 error and found out that I could still play on the JP servers, I've been doing so. And having a ton of fun. This game seems great! I'm *really* looking forward for the full game release :)
I think it's a little silly that the people claiming they just want to "test the game out" to see if they want to buy it have a problem with making a character on a server they probably won't play after launch (if they play the game at all)
I don't care that I probably will never play my characters on the JP servers after the NA ones are fixed. I'm doing this for FUN. Cause it's a GAME. that we play for fun :)

Ka0tic1
19th Aug 2013, 03:13
Playing on a Jap server and loving it.

Chrono_Krosse
19th Aug 2013, 03:56
For some reason the Jap Servers arent showing up on my version...

SGT_Lightning
19th Aug 2013, 04:16
I'm already quite pleased with what I've played so far, so I'll just wait and see rather than hop on the JP servers. And I don't mind starting over if it comes to that as I saved my appearance data and didn't progress too far just yet. Just glad they caught this early so as to perhaps prevent such an event from occurring in the near future or even during the early access period...

THAT would be a problem.

Magnus00
19th Aug 2013, 05:59
so much hater. if you don't like the service or the game then don't play it. It's that simple.

kirai07
19th Aug 2013, 10:57

Maybe they choose not to wipe it is their way to show their appreciation for being a Beta Tester?
Times have changed, not many players would test a game then start all over again from lvl 1.
I think this is a good reward for us beta testers, those that reached lvl 20. Have explored the game more than a lvl 10, therefore he starts at lvl 20.

Aklosh
19th Aug 2013, 12:39
Finally yesterday manage to enter to game , and im a little dissapointed with the Global Cooldown, i feel that game is slow and kinda boring to wait 2.5 sec to do any action, what do people think about this?

FFXI-Dwalin
19th Aug 2013, 13:40

Exactly what hAppened to me. I was locked out for all of Saturday and Sunday
I still love the game though, and realize I was participating in a load test for a game I love. No worries, and I can't wait to see my LS mates again on the 24th! (early access start date)
Edit: I honestly don't care if they do a wipe, actually kinda wish they would! I'm rolling an all-new character anyway

bulldog2712
19th Aug 2013, 15:32
I logged in no problem played all Saturday and sunday got to level 20 then stopped because of the level cap
overall a great game
only issue I had was navigation was a bit hard to find next place for main quest
first time playing a mmo
just hope that level and all my gear carries to full game
ive preordered game and got my early access code so cant wait

Chrono_Krosse
19th Aug 2013, 16:18
1.(Pro) Logged in first time. FPS was pretty smooth with almost no signs of lag. Considering that my internet service isn't that great it was good.(even in the cities where there was alot of people)
2.(Con) Was one of the tens of thousand who became victim to the infamous 3102 Error. wasn't able to play until 12;30am pacific, and despite the expansion of a few hours was only able to play until 2;30am.
3.(Con) Navigation should be improved a little as the Quest, Main and side, Icons where hard to find and the cities need some sort of "you are here'' signs.(personal opinion right here)
3.(Pro) Pretty solid Combat, Enemy AI for some strange reason started to randomly attack me when I was just higher than them in level( Lvl 4 cactuar attacked me while I was a level 8 while other AI don't do anything)
4.(Pro) if you count things like Runescape then this isn't my first MMO, but it is my first time in a Beta and it was pretty amazing.

Overall score: 8.6/10
Honestly If i wanted to I would give it a 9.5 but as the Beta pretty much had that error preventing me from playing it all day yesterday and the extension was only until 8am which i cannot stay up all night long because i work. But unfortunately it is not so *sighs*

But anyway, I found that it was a pretty good Game so far. i currently have no plans of buying the game yet until i have more money but I assure you one day, for those in NA Cerberus server, if you see the name Crono Krosse running around, then that means I bought the game and possibly will be accepting party requests..maybe.

MrHammonds
19th Aug 2013, 16:39
People need to chill a little... but I get why you're angry.

1) Beta... everyone has been looking forward to getting their hands on the game (I registered for closed beta access AGES ago and never got it so I'm in the same boat). And I had a great time playing it, the error was annoying, but it only effected approx 15% of the people playing (150,000 people were playing the open beta).

2) Customer service could be TONS better. At the moment I wouldn't bother contacting SE customer service as it's useless (and I say this because I often feel more confused after using it).

3) YES... Square should communicate better ref when emails will go out, when to download things etc. It isn't hard to put a line on their facebook account, official site etc just putting peoples minds at ease.

4) Download of client/ game should have been a phased release 2-3 days before open beta. It isn't hard to do and would have been more professional. Players should have had staged introductions to servers PRE open beta start. SO... you could create your character, chose a server and that would be that until it was your time to enter.

Anyway... they were my only major issues with the launch. I'll be interested to see if my early access codes come through on 20/08/2013 like they're supposed to. I pre-ordered the game back in June/ May. Crossed fingers for 20th.

So... I really enjoyed playing FFXIV anyway. I felt like I was playing a much better FFXI lol. I love FXI but if you had a life/ job you couldn't get anywhere in it. Graphics look fantastic, I like the standard combat system (+dodging attacks when neccessary), I don't want action combat... I like more formalaic in my MMO's. 8/10 for me... great game, nothing REVOLUTIONARY, but I love the FF universe and I hope to see loads of support and updates for the game (I want my ninja class!!!!!!! lol).

Anyway... chill out lol!

Roughsax
19th Aug 2013, 17:49
I agree. I understand that they wanted to slow the game down from being a button masher but even a 2 second GCD would have sufficed. I'm not sure how slow they think their players are to make decisions but apparently we need to sit down and really think about each mob. Very Carefully. The speed and flow of each fight feels like moon-walking. Not only do mobs not hit hard enough to worry about their special attacks more so, but I feel invincible, in a bad and boring way.

Grimy_Bonez
19th Aug 2013, 18:10
The speed of the combat felt just fine to me.

Dray42
19th Aug 2013, 19:09
Most MMO's introduce skills, buffs, or passives that drop the GCD down at a later part in the game. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume SE will do the same thing for higher level characters though.

Mehendre
19th Aug 2013, 21:18
I think its fast enough for starters, If you dont pay attention youre dead soon enough, know games where you die before even knowing whats going on or what has happened and i dont want to scroll in the "battlelog" to see was was going on, the speed is just fine and i think it will increase at higher levels.

MaliceDarkheart
19th Aug 2013, 21:25
http://www.petitiononline.com/qpalmz99/petition.html Please sighn pettition for developers to enable voice chat for FFXIV

Mehendre
19th Aug 2013, 21:40
Why? ppl will just abuse it ;) i prefer teamspeak

DarkKaiban26
19th Aug 2013, 21:50
I saw no problem with the GCD, and I was having a blast. Granted, I was playing on PS3, and that may be different.

Armadethuvix
19th Aug 2013, 21:58
Im pretty sure i heard somewhere ( maybe the videos about ARR or the developers letter) that the global cooldown is this "high" so you can have the same feeling as playing old finalfantasy RPG... they don't wanna make it fast paced as usual rpg where you just smash buttons and have almost no time to react....

if you well remember finalfantasy is based on turns.

Aklosh
19th Aug 2013, 21:58
I suppouse that SE did this to grant a chance to PS3 players , cause must be hard to compete with a mouse/keyboard having a mousepad , but even having this in mind , 2 GCD would be more than enough , hope they implement something in higher levels to reduce it , if not i think when people get comfortable with mmo system will be boring as hell

sleepyeyes
22nd Aug 2013, 17:02
I don't know quite what to say. I have played every Final Fantasy game except XI (I played for a minute or two, but didn't really like MMOs) and one or two of the handheld console titles. I loved Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, and the new Tomb Raider. I am a longtime fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, and was thrilled to hear we're getting the 3rd installment on next-gen.

But, it seems, lately, as if nothing SE does actually works. Over a million beta testers played during XIV P3, but right out of the gate for P4, there were connection issues, sound issues, and account issues which left a near-countless number of players (but at least 20k) offline. This nearly coincided with the reboot of the members' site. And, since no one who participated in the past was notified, "hey the SE members' forums are back up" was the only way anyone knew - word of mouth, in other words. And, your post count has been reset. And, your registered game list is gone. And, you can't register new games.

At the same time, all the other SE sites pretty much crashed because of so much usage. Somewhere along that time, all my Crysta (10,000) just disappeared. I spent 3 hours on hold to talk to SE about that, because emails I sent went unanswered. Of course, now, we are all trying to get into the Early Release, but some people didn't get the emails, and of course, we have to have yet another code. Because I pre-ordered my copy in June, I guess, my code didn't work, and SE couldn't replace it. Fortunately for me, I have friends at my local GameStop, but what the hell?

What is going on? I think the only group to be unaffected by all of this nonsense is the Japanese user base. When I talk to veterans of XI or XIV, they say that it was a cliche that the Japanese services were always up, because it was so often the case.

I am not telling you all that I'm ready to give up on SE. I'm not there, yet. But, if XIV is a disaster, if KH3 is delayed, if the HD remasters are shoddy, then I will be one step closer. Before we talk about how great the graphics are, or how smooth the framerates are, or how awesome the story is, the stuff has to frigging work. I think that's a very small thing to ask.

MooseQuest
22nd Aug 2013, 17:13
If you have played the plethora of MMO games as you claim, you'll understand that connectivity issues and other technical issues will occur, especially when a game has open or has free access. From the consumer's perspective it's hard to envision what is causing the issues, and exactly what trouble is occurring on the back end. But this is what the BETA periods are for, testing. And discovering what occurs when this happens.

The amount of work necessary to get the network online, infrastructure and database all working together is a daunting task. There are a lot of components with that too, including how their servers are deployed, their ISPs connectivity and other issues. Not that these are masked to you, but it's transparent because you are simply the end-user.

So before you get on your soap-box about something not working, or you having connectivity issues, there are a lot of things you must understand.

1. You are one of many people doing the same exact thing. Imagine 1 person trying to go through a door. No problem. Now imagine 5, 10, 25, 1,000. Until the SE folks identify how big that door is, they will continuously scale. Just building a huge data center and having infinite amount a power is irresponsible and if you believe this a viable solution then you haven't worked in a real world environment, with real world problems.

2. The game actually works. The game actually works as it was intended too. Amazingly enough a game has stemmed from an idea into code and equipment top become this wonderful experience that we call FFXIV. And we will all get to share it. But it requires effort, and talent to get there.

3. It costs them money, and will cost us money. They built this game, they have lives to live. So they charge us for their efforts. To ensure that our experience is great, they want to present a game in which people will continue to pay for so that they can continue supporting it and providing us a wonderful experience. I think they have laid a wonderful foundation and we will see great things for this game in the future.

sleepyeyes
22nd Aug 2013, 19:27
If you have played the plethora of MMO games as you claim

I made no such claim.

Imagine 1 person trying to go through a door. No problem. Now imagine 5, 10, 25, 1,000. Until the SE folks identify how big that door is, they will continuously scale.

They knew there were over a million players in P3. Their servers were overloaded at 120k for P4. One might think the developer would build bigger doors, to use your simplistic example.

The game actually works. The game actually works as it was intended too.

Is that why SE keeps apologizing on the FFXIV Twitter feed? I think that the 20,000 users who responded to the 3102 thread would disagree with your assessment, as well. In fact, if last weekend was an example of the game working "as it was intended," then count me out.

It costs them money, and will cost us money.

You don't say. I never even considered that video games cost money. It never occurred to me to buy all that Crysta I spoke about, and when I paid for the CE preorder, just had no idea they meant 70 real dollars. What on earth does that have to do with anything? "Uh, yeah, I know all their websites went down, and the NA members' site kind of sucks, but, hey, you have to pay for things!" Your whole 3rd point is incoherent, and a non sequitor.

Look, I never said I was bowing out. I love, love, love what I have played so far. But, the website merger was horrible timing, and the ad nauseam string of codes has made things difficult. People who got every code during beta are now having trouble qualifying for early release, even though they got their preorder code from Square-Enix. Maybe that's because the website to register a code only just went up this week. Maybe you should send your "door" analogy to SE - they need all the help they can get.

SinisJecht
22nd Aug 2013, 22:04
Well don't you sound pleasant. ALL MMO's have teething problems so many just expect things to go wrong. As of BETA 4? that was a server stress test, and it worked,because they learned possible numbers and server loads aswell as the capacity at which to set those servers to.

You can not expect everything to work 100% right out of the box, you need to open your mind about what has truly gone in to creating this game, as well as the websites.Yes this whole thing has been messy but SE have learned from it and taken steps to change things.

I don't mean to sound rude but bashing the company after all their hard work is very immature, mistakes happen,miscalculations happen, you just need to grow up and accept that these problems happen a lot with new games.

SirCrush
22nd Aug 2013, 22:24
I understand your skepticism and a certain, small part of me is also worried that things could be a disaster, One of my all-time favorite games is STILL Twisted Metal for PS3 and that game, despite being one of the most fun online experiences I've ever played, was PLAGUED with connection issues that virtually killed its growth. It began with a ton of potential, had a large number of early adopters, then was unplayable due to the problems with getting in to PLAY online. I don't want to see FFXIV go this direction.

However I also don't think it will fall prey to the same types of issues. TM never did get fixed but SE seems to be supporting ARR extremely well. There have been bumps in the road but at each step it SEEMS as though the problems have been both addressed and fixed. You're not screwed until you're screwed so I recommend keeping your patience. I haven't heard of people missing Crysta before and that's gotta suck, especially the process of contacting customer service and straightening it out but once it DOES get straightened out, you'll probably be compensated for your time in some way. And if you're not then, well, you'll have every right to lose faith and abandon ship.

What I am trying to illustrate here is that this game is going to be a HUGE release and although these problems are annoying and could damage the game's reputation, I wouldn't recommend blending in to the already mainstream crowd of chicken littles. The sky is NOT falling...but it might. You seem to be frustrated but NOT taking the extreme position of "I am entitled to perfection!" so I commend you for that. Keeping things in perspective lets cooler heads prevail.

FFXIV:ARR might end up being a disaster...but I don't think so. People rarely credit Square where they are due but despite all the problems, solutions are found and always BEFORE the deadlines that they set. P4 problems appear to all be solved by release. Now these early access problems...well it doesn't seem like they are 100% solved but they surely seem to be close to it and we have a little less than 2 days before that deadline isn't met.

In all fairness: my experience with the last few months of FFXIV has been positive. I ran into 3102 but it was fixed and I enjoyed my 6hr beta extension. My early access code didn't work on the 20th and I tried it easily over a hundred times, clicking "Redeem...Confirm" while I surfed the internet all day but it worked the next day with minimal effort. My SE account had a PC copy registered to it, it smoothly transitioned to a PS3 one like I wanted/needed it to. So I am not experiencing the DEPTH of problems that many others are, but even through the problems I did come across I like to believe I kept a level head and was rewarded as a result. BONUS: I kept years of my life by not stressing about it!

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 22:37
The only major fault SE has at the moment, is their lack of communication, about multiple issues that many users were experiencing.

For one, they never formally addressed to the public what was happening around the serial keys not being received (they did however address this in private emails from customer support), they so far have only publicly acknowledged the 'Invalid region codes' issue.

So yeah, they will support their game, but we most likely will be left out of the loop for a while once things start to go wrong.

sleepyeyes
23rd Aug 2013, 00:36
I appreciate everyone's comments (although I don't think I am being immature, as one of you put it). And, you aren't wrong. And, again, I am not at all saying that I'm done with FF, or done with SE, because in my view, people who say those things either don't mean them or were never really fans, to begin with.

I still think the timing of the decision to merge forums was a questionable one (although, since this thread has been moved, that's now off-topic). The 3102 error would have bothered me far, far less (not at all, even) had it happened during P2 or P3. That many users' final experience during the beta was being d/c'd (after all, a lot of people went to bed that night, after being down half the previous night and all day) is bad, but by no means unforgivable. But, all of the problems I mentioned earlier, happening at roughly the same time, have left a bitter taste in my mouth. Is it possible to be a true fan of SE and still be unhappy with how things have played (or not played) out? I think it is. I think I am.

I hope 10 million people buy XIV, and I hope they sign up, in advance, for 6 months of play. I bought 10,000 Crysta 2 months ago, so I could do just that, and that is still what I intend to do (since SE customer support restored my missing Crysta, at any rate). But, for the love of Ifrit, get this right. Fix the members' site, so we can at least register our games (because that's important to enough people to be important, I think, to SE). It would be wonderful if SE would even reissue codes which refused to register for early access (I had a paid receipt in hand for the CE, and the code was invalid, but SE wouldn't replace the code; GameStop did). MMOs live and die by their base customers, as do video game companies (and political parties). Please stop pissing off yours.

I don't think anything I have said is crossing a line, or asking too much.

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 00:42
You have said nothing wrong everyone is entitled to their opinion. But they could of made it a lost less confusing on signing up on 3 different sites, followed by 3 different codes to put in etc lot of things could of been made easier but maybe they will learn.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 15:13
Your game is failing, your reputation is declining and you don't say anything... The lack of communication is astounding. You are losing tons of customers. It's ok though, just stay quiet because apparently that's the way you handle these things.

What a joke.

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 15:15
Your game is failing, your reputation is declining and you don't say anything... The lack of communication is astounding. You are losing tons of customers. It's ok though, just stay quiet because apparently that's the way you handle these things.

What a joke.

i want to disagree with you but i can't...
the lack of support SE has shown is just appalling, espically to those who "pre ordered" FF and didnt get their code is unacceptable it truly is.

Cloud13
24th Aug 2013, 19:20
So I pre ordered on the 23rd July and yet to receive my code oh sure they got my money all 40 euro's of it and they sent me a confirmation email with no code... I ordered through their ****e store, I should of ordered from amazon or another reputable company im sure I would of had the code then and it would of been way cheaper !!! its like £15 only in other places and that's for the CE edition !!! now im gonna get a refund I should of learned from their FF11 mistakes and they should of too... yet another sub lost by them!

Very stupid of them not to hand out the keys and not to be able to correct their mistakes when they have had so long to do it, it don't take 5 mins to generate a code! yet more money grabbing idiots who don't care about their customers obviously.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 19:24
People that are new to SEs products are instantly considering them a company with no customer service, making most if not all of them cancel their order/reject any product from them down the road. It's really sad. SE can make a hell of a game but they seem to be inept at handling basic communication to their player base.

Keep posting these threads guys, they need to hear about how much they are screwing themselves.

Cloud13
24th Aug 2013, 19:30
I totally agree, the very least they can have email support and telephone support on the early access launch date ! you cant even search for they phone number !!! google search reveals nothing, their support page finds nothing !

Talathor
24th Aug 2013, 19:33
same here.
And you forgot to mention that they havent said anything about why we havent received it or when we will recieve it.
Ive spent over 24 hours refreshing my email,looking through their twitter/SE's official site for a reason/explanation but i cant find anything.

Respond back to us already! :mad:

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 18:29
I know this view isn't going to make me the most popular kid on this thread however i'm going to say it.

This launch has been an absolute failure and yes, I mean launch. Pre orders where promised early access, promised a working product. In order to have a working product/mmo you need to have working servers. So far the product I have been promised is incomplete. If this is a hard concept to understand, I do apologize.

I can hear it already though "No MMO's have had a successful launch!"

Wrong. Rift had over 2 million subs at launch and the only issues that game had was the occasional lag bugs and devs bringing the servers down for a max of a half hour to fix stuff.

Terra had a smooth launch.

And even in those two examples, it's not an excuse. If they had properly stress tested their servers before launch, none of this would have been an issue.

Squeenix failed at their job to make sure the servers were ready for this load. You expect the worse and prepare for it. What compelled these guys to perform a stress test ONE WEEK before release is both poor judgement and completely idiotic. Maybe they just assumed their servers were good enough, if that's the case it also makes them arrogant.

Wildstar is months and I mean months before an open beta and they've already started stress testing their servers by inviting random people to their game until their servers broke and this is just phase 1 of their testing. This is how you stress test servers, you collect data before and up to open beta and even through open beta you continue to stress test.

This release has not been enjoyable, not one bit and the sad thing is I want SO very much to enjoy this game but sense purchase it has been nothing but one frustration after another.

I applaud these guys for believing in their product and relaunching it and it's that reason that drew me back to this game, back to this company but this is just sad. I want to enjoy this game, I want it to succeed but first impressions are everything and sense this is their second go at it, they need to get it right and so far they have failed.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 18:41
bye

log off, control panel, uninstall :)

xzanidu
25th Aug 2013, 18:46
What the hell are you playing at ? I have been playing mmo's for near on 20 years and i have to say this comes in the top 3 of most technically fked up launches I’ve ever experienced . Don’t get me wrong the game itself is awesome but there’s no point at all on having a great game if it’s constantly up and down kicking ppl from servers duty finder constantly crashing .

You keep restricting the amount of ppl who can log in every time you do some maintenance . First of all that’s not fair on those who can’t be sitting on their computer constantly hitting log in and then find when they do come back to their pc / ps servers are full and constantly get told to try later. Reducing the amount of ppl on the servers is not the answer i think it’s plainly obvious you’re EU / NA servers aren’t as good as your JP ones and can’t handle the amount of traffic on them so if you like it or not your only solution is to get more servers . I mean come on 5 servers for the whole of EU is a fking joke . The combined population of the whole of the EU is actually more than the US so where’s the logic in your server allocation ???

i am a patient person and experienced mmo so i can understand some issues at the launch of any game but this is really starting to become predictable and annoying its constantly the same problems over and over and over . You do maintenance and almost immediately after the same problems are occurring again . i really have nothing else to suggest to you apart from you need a lot more servers so they do not become so congested if you seriously believe that is what the problem is and from your actions of limiting the amount of logins after a maintenance i would assume that is what you believe.

i will myself put up with it for now and give it the 30 days free play to be sorted if it’s not i won’t be subscribing and I’m guessing a lot of ppl are thinking the same but i also think you be losing a lot of ppl by the hour within the next 48 hours if it’s not sorted.

And to think this only early access OMG what will happen on the 27th when you have a few thousand more ppl trying to log into the severs ??? Like i said more servers and quick if i was you guys before the 27th . In my opinion EU needs at least 15 servers NA probably the same not sure how many they have now but obviously not enough .

Just for your info current estimated population of Europe is 550 million North America is 538 million these are estimated figure but they will be close enough. Now do you see my point about the EU SERVERS ATLEAST ??

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 18:47
You must be one of those delusional fan boys.

Whippyice
25th Aug 2013, 18:48
The thing is people are crafty and its hard to gauge how many people will be actually playing the game at one one given moment.
but most people don't bother with all the Alphas, betas, and so on untill the game is ready to go. then a day before it all goes live a huge surge of people pre order and buy the game

it's nearly impossible for a team to know how many will be on their servers
hence the lack of them and the lack of management, (what seems like lack of anyway)

i know this because i spent ten years working for GameStation ((rip))
you would get a huge load of people the day before buy a **** tone of stock to play the game the following day its the wait that kills people
when its out of sight and out of mind your not waiting for anything
but when its just a day before the game launches there is no real wait involved

and the result is a melted server farm.
try not to hate too much they really do work their asses off getting games like this running even if everyone start to gang up on them they still work their hardest

Ergo. i give you, MMO Launches :)

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 18:49
no, but thanks for jumping to conclusions, I actually think of this logically

square opens game, millions of Aisell bombard the servers with their power gaming, servers start producing issues that need tending. square fixes those issues, rinse and repeat

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 18:50
The thing is people are crafty and its hard to gauge how many people will be actually playing the game at one one given moment.
but most people don't bother with all the Alphas, betas, and so on untill the game is ready to go. then a day before it all goes live a huge surge of people pre order and buy the game

hence the lack of them and the lack of management, (what seems like lack of anyway)

you would get a huge load of people the day before buy a **** tone of stock to play the game the following day its the wait that kills people

try not to hate too much they really do work their asses off getting games like this running even if everyone start to gang up on them they still work their hardest

this post is so money, if only they all thought as logically as you do, instead of ZOMG I WANT TO PLAY FOR 1000000000000000 HOURS STRAIGHT SO I CAN BE SERVER FIRST 50 ALL JOBS AND PROFS!

Skanmll
25th Aug 2013, 18:50
I completely agree with the op, I even said when open beta came out they did it wrong, in open beta you give OPEN access to the game so as many people can play as who want to play and everyone can try it out but instead they made this stupid key system and made it convoluted to get a key and get into the game.. now launch has come and its somehow worse than the open beta product. There have been plenty of good and bad mmo launches, but how does an MMO thats been out for over a year have a bad relaunch? You've already betad this product for 2-3 years now (given the initial launch and beta testing). Your japanese ancestors are committing seppoku in shame in the afterlife.

xzanidu
25th Aug 2013, 18:52
Totaly agree . they have completely underestimated the stress their servers would be submitted to . Like i said in my own post 5 servers for the whole of the eu is a joke when you consider the population of the whole eu is more than that of NA .
and like you i realy like the game itself i realy want it to work but theres no point having a great game if its unplayable.

Whippyice
25th Aug 2013, 18:55
Totaly agree . they have completely underestimated the stress their servers would be submitted to . Like i said in my own post 5 servers for the whole of the eu is a joke when you consider the population of the whole eu is more than that of NA .
and like you i realy like the game itself i realy want it to work but theres no point having a great game if its unplayable.

I totally understand your frustation, i;ve been in nearly every MMO launch and its usually the same story too many people not enough support. but your angry right now because your getting a raw deal but they havent intended to do this to you its just how mmos are go hit a punching bad for a bit bro, in a few hours it'll be fine :D

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 18:55

I respect your opinion however I've played mmos at launch from Ragnarok online, WoW, Rift, Terra and so on. Ragnarok online and WoW had a valid excuse, it was an emerging market and there was absolutely NO WAY to anticipate it's demand. However this is 2013 and yes you can anticipate how many people are going to play. They have pre order numbers for one, but that does not excuse them at all. Again, if they had properly stress tested their servers, this would not have been an issue, not at all. There are ways to prepare for this and there are companies that make mmos that have proven you can indeed prepare for this load. It's inexcusable what angers me more is a complete lack of communication on their part. This is the time to prove you are working your balls off, giving us updates on a regular basis not "oh snap servers are going down again, lol sucks to be anyone but japanese!"

Oneshoe
25th Aug 2013, 19:00
Amen^^

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 19:00

square opens game, millions of Aisell bombard the servers with their power gaming, servers start producing issues that need tending. square fixes those issues, rinse and repeat

No you aren't thinking logically. Squeenix is a business, it is their job to understand and prepare for the worst. They have failed to do so and their first failure was not properly stress testing their servers. They did not prepare for this server load which is sad because they have the pre order numbers. Even if you account for last minute pre orders, they still should have been prepared.

I'll say it again, their job is to prepare and expect the worse, they went under the assumption everything was golden because the open beta went so well? lol?

These issues you speak of should have already been addressed IF they had properly stress tested their servers EARLY in the beta process. It's not a difficult concept.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 19:06
No you aren't thinking logically. Squeenix is a business, it is their job to understand and prepare for the worst. They have failed to do so and their first failure was not properly stress testing their servers. They did not prepare for this server load which is sad because they have the pre order numbers. Even if you account for last minute pre orders, they still should have been prepared.

I'll say it again, their job is to prepare and expect the worse, they went under the assumption everything was golden because the open beta went so well? lol?

These issues you speak of should have already been addressed IF they had properly stress tested their servers EARLY in the beta process. It's not a difficult concept.

then by all means, leave these forums and never come back. If you have ever been around for a launch it is impossible to prepare for all of the variables. *****ing and complaining is not going to help. I for one hope all you players that are impossible to please will leave after a month or 2 and let us that actually like this game play it in peace.

LadyVaJedi
25th Aug 2013, 19:17
You get a cookie. Sony needs to something as well with their servers to. Beacuse I have done what DarMasterJedi suggested with the download and install.

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 19:30
then by all means, leave these forums and never come back. If you have ever been around for a launch it is impossible to prepare for all of the variables. *****ing and complaining is not going to help. I for one hope all you players that are impossible to please will leave after a month or 2 and let us that actually like this game play it in peace.

You're kidding right? Have you read anything at all? Star Wars had a better launch than this! We aren't talking about multiple variables here, we are talking about ONE variable, server load. If you think it isn't possible to prepare for that variable you are delusional indeed.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 19:31
You're kidding right? Have you read anything at all? Star Wars had a better launch than this! We aren't talking about multiple variables here, we are talking about ONE variable, server load. If you think it isn't possible to prepare for that variable you are delusional indeed.

ok, how many mmo launches have you presided over and worked on?

Atma-Weapon
25th Aug 2013, 19:45
ok, how many mmo launches have you presided over and worked on?

That's not the point. The point is, there was no time left to test the most important part of the launch: player load. You don't need to work on an MMO to understand that one week of stress testing isn't nearly enough time to prepare for any online game launch, never mind an MMO. Like Aisell said, other MMO launches before FFXIV have gone smoothly in the past, so there's really no excuse for this incredible mishap, especially since it's self-induced.

Sponkey
25th Aug 2013, 19:47
The amount of MMO launches either you or Aisell have presided over has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the complaint raised. A few things are abundantly clear : there are a number of technical difficulties at present that are frustrating more than a handful of potential customers ( Final, your argument is just as vitriol and is helping matters little). And, there will be a lot of crow eaten in a few days, one way or another.

Lars18th
25th Aug 2013, 19:49
I respect your opinion however I've played mmos at launch from Ragnarok online, WoW, Rift, Terra and so on. Ragnarok online and WoW had a valid excuse, it was an emerging market and there was absolutely NO WAY to anticipate it's demand. However this is 2013 and yes you can anticipate how many people are going to play. They have pre order numbers for one, but that does not excuse them at all. Again, if they had properly stress tested their servers, this would not have been an issue, not at all. There are ways to prepare for this and there are companies that make mmos that have proven you can indeed prepare for this load. It's inexcusable what angers me more is a complete lack of communication on their part. This is the time to prove you are working your balls off, giving us updates on a regular basis not "oh snap servers are going down again, lol sucks to be anyone but japanese!"

You are right on the money. Plenty of new MMOs came out recently and launched without nearly as many game breaking issues.
Take into account this is a RELAUNCH of something that failed miserably originally. Take into account this game has ZERO innovative aspects.
Take into account even cities are heavily instanced into 3+ separate parts to deal with PS3 memory limitations.
This game brings nothing new to the table. It had 1 year and several betas to iron out issues.
Why are we struggling like this on pre launch?

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 19:52
i guess there are those that have patience, and those who seek instant gratification. again, if you look at mmo launches there will always be issues. Rift was the exception not the rule. You can flame me all you want, I really don't care as complaining seems to buff your self worth up. Look at me, look at me, look at me.

Bottom line is, Square Enix is working on the issue, and is not going to bring the whole system down for a handful of people that are seeing things different.

Have a nice day.

Atma-Weapon
25th Aug 2013, 19:55
Oh how often patience is misconstrued for blind conviction these days.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 20:01
Or it is genuine patience, you can't understand it unless you have it, otherwise you come up to conclusions such as "blind conviction" to make yourself feel better. I know how you want the last word so I'll just leave it at that.

Atma-Weapon
25th Aug 2013, 20:04
Or it is genuine patience, you can't understand it unless you have it, otherwise you come up to conclusions such as "blind conviction" to make yourself feel better. I know how you want the last word so I'll just leave it at that.

If I didn't have patience, I wouldn't still be waiting on the servers so I can play the game. Instead, I'd be asking for a refund.

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 20:06
i guess there are those that have patience, and those who seek instant gratification. again, if you look at mmo launches there will always be issues. Rift was the exception not the rule. You can flame me all you want, I really don't care as complaining seems to buff your self worth up. Look at me, look at me, look at me.

Bottom line is, Square Enix is working on the issue, and is not going to bring the whole system down for a handful of people that are seeing things different.

Have a nice day.

It's more than a handful of people having these problems, estimates say it's at least 50% of their NA/EU members. You can flame this guy all you want because you think you're right. But the real bottom line is, he has a point. Error 1017, 10102, 9000, and 3102 are a repeating process. If you make proper preparations you won't have these issues. They can estimate just buy preorder sale, how many people will be on, and how many will be on each server. And then give a lee way of numbers, just in case last minute sales do occur.

If anyone needs to leave the forums, it's you. People like this gentleman, is simply giving feed back and expressing himself, which is what the forums are made for. If you don't like it, then don't come to a forum. Your attempt to troll is amazing, but failing. My error 1017 is rather annoying. I'm on one of the lowest pop servers and still getting it.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 20:15
It's more than a handful of people having these problems, estimates say it's at least 50% of their NA/EU members. You can flame this guy all you want because you think you're right. But the real bottom line is, he has a point. Error 1017, 10102, 9000, and 3102 are a repeating process. If you make proper preparations you won't have these issues. They can estimate just buy preorder sale, how many people will be on, and how many will be on each server. And then give a lee way of numbers, just in case last minute sales do occur.

If anyone needs to leave the forums, it's you. People like this gentleman, is simply giving feed back and expressing himself, which is what the forums are made for. If you don't like it, then don't come to a forum. Your attempt to troll is amazing, but failing. My error 1017 is rather annoying. I'm on one of the lowest pop servers and still getting it.

amazing how disagreeing with others is trolling. You see things one way, I see things another way. I'm getting error 1017 also but instead of getting on the forums to "blow off steam" I'm patiently waiting until they come up. Misery loves company and it seems you guys have a rave going. Square is aware of the issues and is working on it. Making 100000000000000000001 threads about the same issue is neither constructive or informative.

But yeah, enjoy your pity party.

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 20:19
amazing how disagreeing with others is trolling. You see things one way, I see things another way. I'm getting error 1017 also but instead of getting on the forums to "blow off steam" I'm patiently waiting until they come up. Misery loves company and it seems you guys have a rave going. Square is aware of the issues and is working on it. Making 100000000000000000001 threads about the same issue is neither constructive or informative.

But yeah, enjoy your pity party.

oh really? They are working on it? Hmm, how do you know that? Do you work for them? No? I didn't think so. There's one HUGE way to fix error 1017, it's called have que times. How can one "try again later when there's an open spot" if you don't even know when there is one!? I have friends that are on the game right now, but yet the game is full or the "server is down" that's bull ****. Learn what you're talking about before saying people are here for a pity party, child.

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 20:22
Another HUGE issue, is once people get in game, they afk for who knows how long, because the game won't kick them off due to inactivity. So by people being on and cluttering up the servers with afk characters, it's causing people that actually WANT to play, the 1017 error. Did you even think of that before running your mouth?

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 20:22
oh really? They are working on it? Hmm, how do you know that? Do you work for them? No? I didn't think so. There's one HUGE way to fix error 1017, it's called have que times. How can one "try again later when there's an open spot" if you don't even know when there is one!? I have friends that are on the game right now, but yet the game is full or the "server is down" that's bull ****. Learn what you're talking about before saying people are here for a pity party, child.

K, I'll play grandpa. How do you know that they aren't working on it? Do you work for them? No? I didn't think so. The queue times and people coming in may contribute to your friends being pushed out by more maintenance. You didn't think of that did you? Go back to your corner in the pity party, grandpa.

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 20:30
K, I'll play grandpa. How do you know that they aren't working on it? Do you work for them? No? I didn't think so. The queue times and people coming in may contribute to your friends being pushed out by more maintenance. You didn't think of that did you? Go back to your corner in the pity party, grandpa.

No it wouldn't contribute, it would actually resolve the issues. You add que times, it filters how many can log in at once, making sure the servers don't get over flooded with logging in. It's common sense. "hmm what would happen if I apply this filter to this server? OH MY GERD It actually helps because it's slowing the flow of ingoing information?! OH LAWDIE IT WURKS!" Sorry kid, but when you go to school for programming you learn these little things. Yes it would slow down how many people can log in, BUT It would solve 50% of the issues they are having, and everyone would get to play. Also by adding in a feature that kicks inactive characters after x amount of time, you would free up more server space. Thanks for playing along, but argument will go in my favor. Have a nice day kid. Don't worry your mommy will get ya some ice cream to go with your dunce hat. ^_^

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 20:31
the hat store called, they want their tin foil hat that you stole from their shelves kid ^_^

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 20:37
What's wrong? You have nothing to say because I'm right? How cute. Be on your way, I'm sure there's an amber alert out because you didn't go sit at the dinner table with your parents little boy.

And while you're sitting there with your parents, give this idea some thought. Maybe the developers aren't posting in these threads at least reassuring players they are working on the issues, or posting anything via twitter, because they have little lap dogs like you, ready to open wide and suck them dry.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 20:40
no I'm not going to get pulled into your insult war bro. I hope you do grow up one day and see what being a real man is all about. Your last post is all the proof that I need.

Hope you have a nice day, if you dont hate the sun for shining down on you.

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 20:44
Yeah my last post made you realize, all you're doing is fighting a war against the majority of the players that try to play this game. notice the word try, because most can't. Even if they can get in, they can't do quests that deal with an instance server which is 75% of this games quests and make-up.

So thank you, for proving I'm right. I threw some hard facts your way, and you realize "oh damn he has great ideas, because those would fix the problems, but I'm already arguing with him, I can't admit he's right so now I'll just keep trying to win a losing argument because I'm stubborn, and can't own up to the fact I'm wrong."

So, have a great day. Don't get any in your eyes, it burns.

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 20:45
bye

log off, control panel, uninstall :)

We need to be able to install it in order to uninstall.

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 20:46
finalboyd do you honestly have nothing better to do than troll. You are calling other people trolls but you are just constantly *****ing at people on this who have a gripe, they are entitled to complain, when you have waited years for a game taken part in the Betas and then get the early release and have as many problems as what we are getting we are entitled to complain about it or at least have a gruble without people like you constantly saying "bye then" "good reddience" do you honestly have nothing better to do with your time than being an immature brat. go and bug some other people or just stfu!

Talathor
25th Aug 2013, 20:53
My boss asked me if i wanted to work this weekend but i said no thanks becouse i pre ordered ffxiv so i could get the early access to play the game over the weekend but after over 2 days of waiting and searching i still havent received the damn code. ive serched trough SE's site/twitter/forums but found nothing on this issue. In other words, SE has cost me about 300€+ and 2 days of my life and they cant even respond. of course im mad :mad:

Falion_Rixx
25th Aug 2013, 20:55
finalboyd is an oxygen thief who needs to remove himself from the gene pool.
There wouldn't be any Amber alert because no one would miss them other than his dog.
But I am sure the dog would eventually find someone else to spread the peanut butter.

Emczyn
25th Aug 2013, 20:58
Is this the fedora thread? :D

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 21:00
Im the same Talathor. I took this weekend off so i could spend it playing this game and had nothing but errors - was offered overtime pay for it but rejected it purely because i am a die hard FF fan and been waiting so long to get my hands on this and after loving the Beta I just couldn't wait any longer.
So then i get all these errors so i come onto the forum and every single one has finalboyd spouting his mouth off acting like squares mascot, cba with keyboard warriors, i just want the problems fixed or at least an explanation. I cant get in anymore because apparently i am already logged in..

grounyx
25th Aug 2013, 21:02
I wonder how it will be when the servers are open to everyone next Tuesday. I am very worried about having bought a game and not being able to play it because the servers do not work

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 21:11
I wonder how it will be when the servers are open to everyone next Tuesday. I am very worried about having bought a game and not being able to play it because the servers do not work

Don't hold your breath mate. Most likely these problems are going to get ten times worse however I do hope I am pleasantly wrong. Thing is, everyone defending Squeenix has their opinion and they are entitled to it, however the problems the company is experiencing aren't my problem. I'm glad there are those out there that follow the blind consumerism but I purchased this game under a promise I would receive a working product and considering this is an mmo, the servers must work in order for the product to function. I'm going to give them untill next friday to fix this crap otherwise i'll give my money to another company that you know. . lets me log in.

Skanmll
25th Aug 2013, 21:24
Boyd you can be a fan boy all you want, all this stuff on top of the fact that final fantasy has failed to even post an update on the forums explaining that they are working on the problem and with an ETA... this entire thing has just been one massive pile of dung.

wattsy25
25th Aug 2013, 21:25

yes you should uninstall aisell is right no game ever has a 3 day stress test. your are a fool if you think this is acceptable. when i buy a product its supposed to be complete not full of issues that were supposed to be sorted out in the 4 beta tests. now i dont know about you but i bought the 35£ copie thats 15£ extra for what i ask you? ... for early access' yes thats right the right to play the game which isnt happening' so how is it ok if we cant play? 15£ aint much but its still nearly 50% of the total price. i want a refund on my monie or ingame items. simple as that. oh and what does it matter if a million aiselss does try to play at the same time? isnt that what were supposed to do on a mmo we all play at the same time together not a few t a time ffs.

PULGA_1980
25th Aug 2013, 21:27
I dont know why people say to chill off ... you are fan boys etc etc.... The thing is if you really know what a dollar means ( not what you get for an allowance) you probably get angry. You paid for a product and you aren`t getting what you paid for. This people are making tons of money and every one is saying is to give them time ..... I am really sorry but you dont know what money is. This cost thousand of dollars for the consumers.
Let see it the other way around if you dont pay your monthly fee for one day is SE going to say naaaaa give him a free day ................ noooooo business is business..... and we all payed for this "early access" and is what there are using issomething goes wrong naaaa it is early access....

wattsy25
25th Aug 2013, 21:29
finalboyd is an oxygen thief who needs to remove himself from the gene pool.
There wouldn't be any Amber alert because no one would miss them other than his dog.
But I am sure the dog would eventually find someone else to spread the peanut butter.

lolz agree with this guy :)

Purrversion
25th Aug 2013, 21:35
The worst thing about this is that this re-imagined FFXIV is fantastic. I'm not Legacy. When I looked at the original product I shook my head and bit my tongue and left it alone. I even said, for a while, that I'm just flat out not interested in the Final Fantasy franchise anymore. ...Then this came out, and when I play it, I'm in love. But the PR... the management... this has got to be the absolute worst handling of a launch I've seen in a while, and the worst part is it has nothing to do with bugs or the like, it's not wanting to buy/expand servers, disabling log ins, and I'm starting to suspect honestly limiting the number of people who can log in with ambiguous errors just to keep servers at a certain capacity. I didn't really think that at first until I started seeing crap like http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/0fda3f49e1648e8af90fcb4a6a99efcadc7d4039 popping up.

Really? Who is going to pay 15 bucks a month minimum to stare at error 1017 and not even get a neverending queue line? At least put me in line for when crap DOES open up, nevermind how intolerable that is to begin with. This is NOT a solution, it's yet another horrendous PR/management move that's going to devastate what has honestly become an awesome (on its own) game. People up on the high end are seriously dropping the ball hard on this one.

Warbeast78
25th Aug 2013, 21:36
Im with the Op as well. This is not a new thing. Nearly every big MMO has had the same problems. Yet ever time it keeps happening. Hmm maybe just maybe companies could learn from others mistakes. Having errors with instances that lock characters out of the game at launch is kinda sad. Having closed servers because to many people are on them is going to happen but combine that with all the other things that could have been fixed a few weeks ago is just crazy at this day and age. 5 years ago I would cut people some slack but this is common now for games to come out broken and nearly ever big mmo has the same problems.

wattsy25
25th Aug 2013, 21:42
agree with perversion the overall game is great the few hours i spent playing flew by and i loved it. just a shame we are being let down by managment *sigh :(

Ghost-Lyracist
25th Aug 2013, 21:43

What's frustrating to me is that you didn't even mention "Lobby Server Error 2002" which I am getting. Can anybody give me some insight on this by the way?

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 21:46
What's frustrating to me is that you didn't even mention "Lobby Server Error 2002" which I am getting. Can anybody give me some insight on this by the way?

I'd be glad to help you with that. Basically Squeenix forgot to lube up before bending you over.

I really have no idea what that error means.

Ghost-Lyracist
25th Aug 2013, 21:52
My boss asked me if i wanted to work this weekend but i said no thanks becouse i pre ordered ffxiv so i could get the early access to play the game over the weekend but after over 2 days of waiting and searching i still havent received the damn code. ive serched trough SE's site/twitter/forums but found nothing on this issue. In other words, SE has cost me about 300€+ and 2 days of my life and they cant even respond. of course im mad :mad:

This is going to sound stupid so I apologize in advance. On your receipt do you see a Serial#? If so that is your code. I must have called Square and Digital River about 10 times before I realized this was my mistake. Hopefully you're not a bone-head like me.

Ghost-Lyracist
25th Aug 2013, 21:54
I'd be glad to help you with that. Basically Squeenix forgot to lube up before bending you over.

I really have no idea what that error means.

Thanks. That is the most un-awesome news I have received all day.

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 21:56
I'm actually disappointed with you guys, the game is unplayable atm yes, but fighting over it? really? You may think you're both right or think you're being grown up by the things you say but when you fight over it,it only proves one thing.You're both as bad as each other ( or many of you in this case ) I am suffering the same errors as you lot but early access is a privilege, you we NOT promised a working game,nor were you promised to actually play 100%.

4 million people logged in for open beta,4 million.That's on par with WoW subs right now ( give or take) then early access came and boosted that number to exceed WoW's sub base, you see the problem? The developers admitted that they didn't think their game would take off the way it did after the problems with 1.0 which is very understandable,and humbling to think they underestimated their own game. Just sit tight,if these problems are still here once your paid subscription starts,then by all means moan your bag off.But complaining over FREE access is just down right crazy.

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 22:00
yeah that was my point the whole time, unfortunately words get twisted around and you get being called a troll for having a differing opinion.

but on the bright side, this thread really brought a whole bunch of players together, I have hope for the community on this game now. :P

LeeD701
25th Aug 2013, 22:03
truth is the pre launch is a failure .. op is absolutely right, the end .. what should happen is this time is credited to us in some way
again you sucked up our money for pre release for a product that "works" . i have yet to be logged in for more then hour at a time .. all this should have been handled in beta ..if you cant successfully launch your product , and i mean successfully by something that as simple as just logging in without errors you had in beta then dont launch ! you make sure your servers are prepared for the load
listen to the people telling you its not ready and hold off instead they are taking a game that was already a failure once and setting up for failure twice

wattsy25
25th Aug 2013, 22:04
I'm actually disappointed with you guys, the game is unplayable atm yes, but fighting over it? really? You may think you're both right or think you're being grown up by the things you say but when you fight over it,it only proves one thing.You're both as bad as each other ( or many of you in this case ) I am suffering the same errors as you lot but early access is a privilege, you we NOT promised a working game,nor were you promised to actually play 100%.

4 million people logged in for open beta,4 million.That's on par with WoW subs right now ( give or take) then early access came and boosted that number to exceed WoW's sub base, you see the problem? The developers admitted that they didn't think their game would take off the way it did after the problems with 1.0 which is very understandable,and humbling to think they underestimated their own game. Just sit tight,if these problems are still here once your paid subscription starts,then by all means moan your bag off.But complaining over FREE access is just down right crazy.

but the free access wasnt free mate we didnt pay 15£ extra for a mount and a hat fgs like ppl have said some have took thier weekends off for this so they have lost pay as well as fork out extra monie for something that doesnt give what was promised. it is a business arrangment SE would not let you off a days sub cos you couldnt get to bank, so why is it diff for us? we have a right to be annoyed we cant play.

surely as someone else mentioned anyway if they sold 2 million pre order copies then why isnt there space for the ppl that they knew would turn up on the 24th? i mean if i sold 200 tickets at a club id make sure i could accomadte 200 ppl plus a few extras isnt that just common sense?

Novastarone
25th Aug 2013, 22:06
Well if these square morons didnt use one set of servers for both EU and NA we might not be having this issue.

Aisell
25th Aug 2013, 22:06

How did you get free access? I paid 30 dollars to access this game. And yes, it was promised that we would have a working product at launch, early access was a feature [Or an incentive if you will] to pre order. So you are wrong. Also, these are the forums, this is an outlet in which we can vent frustrations and yes these forums are monitored by squeenix so it's a perfectly viable way of expressing anger and disapointment towards the company that took our money. :/

Also if you feel that our complaints are childish and hateful, then I certainly encourage you not to take part in such activities.

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 22:10
i have just received word from SE bosses - they took all of the money from all the preorders, went to a roulette table and put it all on black.. unfortunately it came out red.
This means their is no money in the FFXIV tin so they will not be able to finance the game.
The Developers have been sold to try and cut costs and we will see the game come back into fruition when they have recuperated the money - fortunately they have realised that the best way to earn this money back is to remake FF7.

Purrversion
25th Aug 2013, 22:13
...When you are putting money down, having a working product stops being a 'privilege' and starts being a right, man. I'm disappointed you don't care about what you get when you throw money around the market. It's attitudes like that that keep allowing people to churn out broken games and unfinished products and still make massive bank and never care.

Lukums
25th Aug 2013, 22:13
Couldn't of said this better myself.

We all paid money for this GAME regardless if subscriptions are in place or not.

We paid for the game and the incentive was to gain early access to get a head start on a game we are looking forward to.
Unfortunetly many of us will be asking for a refund, in no way are these head aches worth it, there are many other online games to look forward to.
They got the Japan servers right but not the EU/NA? Some people would say that's because they don't have the same player base, doubtful.

It's just amazing how they can tell us first. We cant continue with our QUEST LINE - IMO biggest joke I've ever heard of in my time of MMORPG's.
Then they are taking down the limit of logins? Then maintenance after maintenace which should of been forseen or at least TESTED PROPERLY.

Yes, we are angry. Yes you may say take a chill pill things will be fine. It's not that. It's the fact we all paid for a game we currently CAN'T PLAY.

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:23
How did you get free access? I paid 30 dollars to access this game. And yes, it was promised that we would have a working product at launch, early access was a feature [Or an incentive if you will] to pre order. So you are wrong. Also, these are the forums, this is an outlet in which we can vent frustrations and yes these forums are monitored by squeenix so it's a perfectly viable way of expressing anger and disapointment towards the company that took our money. :/

Also if you feel that our complaints are childish and hateful, then I certainly encourage you not to take part in such activities. May I remind you that this game is SUB based,you know? you pay to access the product? Early access is FREE,you paid 30 dollars for the game,nothing more. Sure the incentive was early release,but at no point were any of us promised that it would be fully working.And if you read around and look at the numbers trying to access it you would understand the problem more fully. SE didn't have a great deal of faith that their game would be such a massive hit given the 1.0 fiasco.So surely you can understand their underestimation of the game was not purposely done,I find it humbling imo. Yes we all have problems,but SE have pulled the servers everytime it's not worked,many MMO just leave it they really really have to do something.

Purrversion
25th Aug 2013, 22:25
Couldn't of said this better myself.

We all paid money for this GAME regardless if subscriptions are in place or not.

We paid for the game and the incentive was to gain early access to get a head start on a game we are looking forward to.
Unfortunetly many of us will be asking for a refund, in no way are these head aches worth it, there are many other online games to look forward to.
They got the Japan servers right but not the EU/NA? Some people would say that's because they don't have the same player base, doubtful.

It's just amazing how they can tell us first. We cant continue with our QUEST LINE - IMO biggest joke I've ever heard of in my time of MMORPG's.
Then they are taking down the limit of logins? Then maintenance after maintenace which should of been forseen or at least TESTED PROPERLY.

Yes, we are angry. Yes you may say take a chill pill things will be fine. It's not that. It's the fact we all paid for a game we currently CAN'T PLAY.

It's like if you went to a game store, bought a really anticipated game that all of your friends are playing and you were hyped to play with them, but then the moment you put the disc in to your system, it notified you (And half your buddies) that you could only play from 6PM to 12 because those are peak hours. Except no, because that's even more information than our game tells us, we have to jump onto the lodestone and stuff to find out we're being shagged with no lube. So we'd put the disc in, and it'd just say "Awww no lucky day" for 18 hours of the day and then mysteriously work the last 6. Then when we ring up the company that made the game we'd get a lot of 'ring ring ring. ring ring ring. ring ring ring. Click.'

Edit: Also Sin, you just said you paid for the game and it was free in the same line of text. What are you smoking man?

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:29
Edit: Also Sin, you just said you paid for the game and it was free in the same line of text. What are you smoking man? where? lol can't see it haha

Lukums
25th Aug 2013, 22:31
It really doesn't matter.

I myself are from Australia in the Behmut server or whatever told that it was the un-offical oceanic server. If this is the case.
Why the hell can we not log in at 6:00-8:00am in the morning. Think we have been mis-informed.

In the future I'll be moving all my characters to the Japan Servers which most of the English player base will also do.

Japan servers are fine, why because they took care of their local customers. While we all got screwed.

wattsy25
25th Aug 2013, 22:32
May I remind you that this game is SUB based,you know? you pay to access the product? Early access is FREE,you paid 30 dollars for the game,nothing more. Sure the incentive was early release,but at no point were any of us promised that it would be fully working.And if you read around and look at the numbers trying to access it you would understand the problem more fully. SE didn't have a great deal of faith that their game would be such a massive hit given the 1.0 fiasco.So surely you can understand their underestimation of the game was not purposely done,I find it humbling imo. Yes we all have problems,but SE have pulled the servers everytime it's not worked,many MMO just leave it they really really have to do something.

the game cost 20£ for just the game so yes actually we did pay for access i paid 35£ nowhere does it say that i paying 50% of the total price of the game for a mount and a hat that is jus small time virtual property not the 15£ extra we paid so in essencse yes we did pay for early access.

and as to the amount of logins i was in final beta they had this uissue then aswell and they added 3 new servers to eu/us and jp so if the influx is that big why 2 days in is there no new added servers to handle the load. the solution is not to activly stop paid players form playing thats weak and you know it. idc that the game is broke tbh i just want info since the last maint 12 odd hours ago nohing has been posted have they gone to tea or what?

Purrversion
25th Aug 2013, 22:34
where? lol can't see it haha

you pay to access the product? Early access is FREE,you paid 30 dollars for the game,nothing more.

...But early access IS promised access to the game. That's something we were told we were getting. It wasn't a "Hey you 'miiiiiiiiiiiiiight' get to play a 'couuuuuuuuuuple' of hours before normal launch if you give us your money early so we can spend it...' it was a "You pre-order, you get to play, how SNAZZY IS THAT BABY!!!!"

Edit: To which I replied "Gee willickers, REALLY?! I mean, I played a pretty stable beta and I gotta say, this is actually pretty gosh darned cool! Yeah I'll pick it up early, here ya go, can't wait for this promised early access by golly!" dun dun DUUUUUN. "Oh hey you lied. Cool."

Talathor
25th Aug 2013, 22:37
This is the only mail i got for over 2 days ago:
http://i41.tinypic.com/51ujol.jpg

midnightsnow
25th Aug 2013, 22:37

dude i completly agree with you ...they can easily tell how many people will be on by the number of preorders ..not only that but the number of beta registrations they had over a million! that should have been a big hint right there...and also the communication ......omg if they only comunicated with us it would make everyone feel alot better and we would have allot less pissed off people i mean...it takes seconds to get on twitter and say (we are working on fixing the server problems) but no instead the communication is completly absent and in stead of telling us they are fixing the game they get on twitter and say (forums are congested) well of course they are..stop paying attention to the forums and pay attention to fixing the game ...if u fix the game i promise the forums will clear up as well..two birds with one dam stone right there

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:39
the game cost 20£ for just the game so yes actually we did pay for access i paid 35£ nowhere does it say that i paying 50% of the total price of the game for a mount and a hat that is jus small time virtual property not the 15£ extra we paid so in essencse yes we did pay for early access.

and as to the amount of logins i was in final beta they had this uissue then aswell and they added 3 new servers to eu/us and jp so if the influx is that big why 2 days in is there no new added servers to handle the load. the solution is not to activly stop paid players form playing thats weak and you know it. idc that the game is broke tbh i just want info since the last maint 12 odd hours ago nohing has been posted have they gone to tea or what? If you're talking about the CE version then yes, you paid for the mount,hat and the others extras.You chose that one for those items,if you didn't then you made a bad purchase. I just don't understand why people believe they paid for early access,no one has even been told to enter card details or anything,you paid for the game and the game only ( apart from the extras in your case ) honestly I'm not trying to be a prick I'm just stating the very obvious truth.

Deltnamsid
25th Aug 2013, 22:40

sorry bud, if I knew that one was going around, I would have said something about it as well. I'm not sure what 2002 error is, I haven't heard anyone getting that one yet. Is it ps3 or pc?

Purrversion
25th Aug 2013, 22:41
dude i completly agree with you ...they can easily tell how many people will be on by the number of preorders ..not only that but the number of beta registrations they had over a million! that should have been a big hint right there...and also the communication ......omg if they only comunicated with us it would make everyone feel alot better and we would have allot less pissed off people i mean...it takes seconds to get on twitter and say (we are working on fixing the server problems) but no instead the communication is completly absent and in stead of telling us they are fixing the game they get on twitter and say (forums are congested) well of course they are..stop paying attention to the forums and pay attention to fixing the game ...if u fix the game i promise the forums will clear up as well..two birds with one dam stone right there

Worst part is that error 1017 is not about fixing the game. It's a cap on servers not letting anyone log in so they don't have to fix anything. This is my last day off, and I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs about the one thing I really wanted to do with it and finding boring alternatives to do instead.

midnightsnow
25th Aug 2013, 22:48
Worst part is that error 1017 is not about fixing the game. It's a cap on servers not letting anyone log in so they don't have to fix anything. This is my last day off, and I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs about the one thing I really wanted to do with it and finding boring alternatives to do instead.
lmao XD todays my day off as well and im doing the exact same thing same error as well ...they keep catering to the japan servers but keep shafting us its not a good start to a relaunch of a game that failed the first time ..did u know that SE was actually erasing people posts in forums? ..just so they didnt have to look at it lol ..come on SE EVERYONE KNOWS FOR A FACT YOU CAN DO BETTER. start showing us how much you want this to work

Purrversion
25th Aug 2013, 22:58
lmao XD todays my day off as well and im doing the exact same thing same error as well ...they keep catering to the japan servers but keep shafting us its not a good start to a relaunch of a game that failed the first time ..did u know that SE was actually erasing people posts in forums? ..just so they didnt have to look at it lol ..come on SE EVERYONE KNOWS FOR A FACT YOU CAN DO BETTER. start showing us how much you want this to work

This is going from infuriating to slightly depressing. I really want this game to work. I really do.

Shankerz
25th Aug 2013, 22:59
3102 error... omfg u gotta be kidding me....... feel like Sim City's launch all over again....... want total refund

midnightsnow
25th Aug 2013, 23:03
This is going from infuriating to slightly depressing. I really want this game to work. I really do. so do i ..i really love this game its such a great game with great ideas ..i cant belive that they let this all get so bad

Talathor
25th Aug 2013, 23:09
you paid for the mount,hat and the others extras.You chose that one for those items,if you didn't then you made a bad purchase. I just don't understand why people believe they paid for early access,no one has even been told to enter card details or anything,you paid for the game and the game only ( apart from the extras in your case ) honestly I'm not trying to be a prick I'm just stating the very obvious truth.
The only reason i pre ordered the game was for the early access, i would have gone to work this weekend if i knew i wouldent receive that damn code but SE havent said a word on this issue so ive been searching their twitter/forums/web for answers, sent ticket for about 50 hours ago but still no answer.
In other words SE wasted 2 days of my life and about 300€+ becouse they dident give any info on this. OF COURSE IM MAD :mad:

Demi__God
25th Aug 2013, 23:13
I completely agree with the OP.

How the manage to **** up a game once to the point of a complete overhaul is beyond me. How they are doing it twice is pathetic. Their stocks = gone if they don't fix this FAST.

wattsy25
25th Aug 2013, 23:31
dont want you all to hate me if this doesnt work but go try log in im on ragnorok the eu legacy i think its the most congested atm but i jus got in so hopefully you guys will do too ig they have jus raised the block GL^^

Crumdum
25th Aug 2013, 23:53
but the free access wasnt free mate we didnt pay 15£ extra for a mount and a hat fgs like ppl have said some have took thier weekends off for this so they have lost pay as well as fork out extra monie for something that doesnt give what was promised. it is a business arrangment SE would not let you off a days sub cos you couldnt get to bank, so why is it diff for us? we have a right to be annoyed we cant play.

surely as someone else mentioned anyway if they sold 2 million pre order copies then why isnt there space for the ppl that they knew would turn up on the 24th? i mean if i sold 200 tickets at a club id make sure i could accomadte 200 ppl plus a few extras isnt that just common sense?

Exactly this. The contract we all have agreed to was this: we give them money upfront for a product that will be ready by this time. It was Square who put the incentive of early access into the agreement, not us. This is as much of a binding contract as any other written or verbal agreement the likes of you and I can make between ourselves. People are taken to claims court for these kind of things because they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. People are saying you got this for free so why complain. The complaint is this - I paid for the game months in advance for the game AND that which was promised to me. A car dealership wouldn't be able to sell you the car with the incentive of free maintenance for a year and, after you paid for it, tell you they no longer offer the service. McDonald's couldn't sell you a burger with the incentive of a free one then tell you, after you paid for it, that the second burger is actually only half off. Sure, the car dealership can say their mechanic shop closed, but they would have to accommodate you with either a refund or ensuring you were covered at another dealership. Sure, McDonald's could say they ran out of stock of burger patties, but they'd have to accommodate you with a free burger you next visit or comp part of your meal. Otherwise, they can be sued for false advertising.

This whole ordeal has been a mockery of my time and money. Surely, they can't expect people to pay for a service they can't even use, can they? The servers are entirely full and they removed the queue for whatever reason so now, rather than waiting in line, I just have to keep attempting to log in. That probably puts more stress on the servers than people patiently waiting, I'd assume. There has been maintenance several times in the past 24 hours, so a large chuck of time that was promised to us has been revoked. The pre-order bonuses that were part of the agreement aren't even available right now too. Also, the official FF14 forums are swamped with people, it seems, and has been all night because I couldn't log in neither last night nor today.

What we're seeing now is just the portion of what we'll see in the coming week. This load is only those who pre-ordered. If the servers can't handle what's here now, how are they going to deal with those who are getting their game at or after launch? There is going to be a swarm of people attempting to log in, without a doubt. They need to get more servers, expand the servers they have now, and allow us the ability to log into whatever server we'd like with the character we created.

nuxell
25th Aug 2013, 23:54
Working in the corporate world, you always come across a company that charges a consumer for a product/service and then fail to deliver said product/service. What I will not tolerate is when said company fails to even acknowledge thousands of consumers that have failed to receive that which they have purchased.
It does not matter if this is a video game or a pair of socks, charged bank accounts and receipts of purchase constitute a contract and if a company will not communicate within 48 hours, I go to this site... http://www.bbb.org/us/ and file a complaint. The BBB will force said company to "fix" the issue.

Just saying.... it DOES NOT MATTER what the product/service is, or who the company is.... a purchase is a contract and if a company fails at their end, you have every right to complain, just do it in a productive way that forces them to open a line of communication.

Tempest02
25th Aug 2013, 23:57
You could have simply added a reply to the post that pretty much has the same exact title as this post a few threads down. God the drama.

Alphafear
26th Aug 2013, 00:00
A BBB Accredited Business since 07/19/2007

BBB has determined that Square Enix, Inc meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.

Just 8 complaints?!?! That number'll shoot on up!

monetsmuse
26th Aug 2013, 00:36
I have bought and paid for the PS3 version of FFXIV. Part of the pre-order deal was early access, I have tried for over an hour and keep getting the message that the world is full please try later. It is easy to say "Tough luck", but am I going to have this problem all the time, will I only be able to play when I am fortunate enough to sign in at a slow period in play. What is the point of playing or even buying a game which doesn't allow you to play when you want to play? This is not good Square Enix, I expected better, I am not pleased.

archy1985
26th Aug 2013, 00:38
yes im feeling 100% ignored. no code. no answer to tickets. nothing. there goes my weekend. thanks SE

OverKillZero
26th Aug 2013, 00:39
***** ASS GAME WONT GIVE ME MY EARLY ACCESS CODE WHEN I PAID FOR IT!.... A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING IT!!! WORTHLESS CUSTOMER SERVICE AS WELL.... PROBLEMS WITH NA SERVERS ALL OVER.... SERIOUSLY?!
Might as well NOT LAUNCH IF YOU CAN NOT DO IT RIGHT...

ffvii_cid
26th Aug 2013, 00:39
If they are having capacity problems before the game is even out then how on earth do they expect it to run properly when the game is actually out for real??!? O_o

ffvii_cid
26th Aug 2013, 00:40
Yeah i have not had my early access code either. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OverKillZero
26th Aug 2013, 00:43
release is less than 48 hours.... i see a lot of returns!~

LoneHitokiri
26th Aug 2013, 00:45
The reason of buying the game is to say you're rich and could afford the game+ saying you spent the money on the collectors edition to make people mad, obviously.

Hilzarie
26th Aug 2013, 00:46
I got a response to my first ticket in 24 hours. If you send multiple tickets, I have heard it moves you to the back of the response line, since your most recent ticket is the one they address first. Send one per issue and wait for a response.
They are making blanket updates on their twitter, news specific twitter, and on the lodestone forum they are addressing individual issues.
Also, there was a disclaimer made with every purchase that the pre-order bonus codes were limited and not everyone would receive one.
Square Enix recently made an announcement that everyone who pre-ordered WILL be getting a code, but it will take time, and is being staggered in batches sent every 15 minutes, so there isn't an all-out flood on the servers.
They did not breach any contract, and they aren't ignoring you. There are just thousands of people contacting them with issues, and they are taking care of them to the best of their ability. There are even notices on their main site about the high traffic to support.

OverKillZero
26th Aug 2013, 00:49
Fking going to refund this "collectors edition" within 24 hours if they don't fix this **** is whats obvious.

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 00:58
May I remind you that this game is SUB based,you know? you pay to access the product? Early access is FREE,you paid 30 dollars for the game,nothing more. Sure the incentive was early release,but at no point were any of us promised that it would be fully working.And if you read around and look at the numbers trying to access it you would understand the problem more fully. SE didn't have a great deal of faith that their game would be such a massive hit given the 1.0 fiasco.So surely you can understand their underestimation of the game was not purposely done,I find it humbling imo. Yes we all have problems,but SE have pulled the servers everytime it's not worked,many MMO just leave it they really really have to do something.

Under your logic, I should have only needed to pay the 15 Dollars in order to download, access and install the game. No your logic fails, let me explain why.

The game is priced at 30 dollars. That price is associated with the client, access to the game and first month. The original incentive for players was in game goodies which I can understand why we havn't received AND early access. If the client was free, they wouldn't require you to enter a code in your squeenix account now would they? We paid for early access and the game, period. Why this is a difficult concept is beyond me. Taking early access out of the equation, release is only two days away. Squeenix has already proven they are unable to prepare for early access, they are NOT going to be prepared for release.

And on the subject of them under estimating their numbers, again that is not my problem, that is their problem. As a service, I EXPECT them to provide that service reliably. I'm not talking ."OMG there is a queue give me my money back!" I'm talking the servers don't work, at all and due to squeenix's "humble" arrogance and ignorance, instead of their customers being able to enjoy the game they have so lovingly crafted, their game has become nothing but headaches for millions of players.

DenisNinja1
26th Aug 2013, 01:01
:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: I will not pay to play FFX|V for the reason the game has very defects in your system, what I hated most is being forced to login with your account from square-enix to have access to the game screen:(:mad:, it now takes me all like to play, is enough my PSN account, the servers of you "worlds" are everyday maintenance in not allowing the person to continue to play this is very bad, is very expensive to be able to play a game so boring and poorly made and filled with bureaucracies syrups in your system with errors is absurd to have to pay more than $ 5 per month to be able to play this FFX|V, I liked the game history and you gameplay mode, but did not like the system of square-enix I will not pay to play this game above and beyond the $ 5 plus the game has no trophies on the PS3 the game died for me too because it does not have to invite friends via PSN the person is required to be on the same "world" this is very poor:(, my score for this game is 3.0 has a lot that I would like to complain about here but I will not, because I expect square-enix can improve things in this FFX|V.::scratch:

OverKillZero
26th Aug 2013, 01:06
You gave a non playable game a 3?! on what basis?!

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 01:12
If you're talking about the CE version then yes, you paid for the mount,hat and the others extras.You chose that one for those items,if you didn't then you made a bad purchase. I just don't understand why people believe they paid for early access,no one has even been told to enter card details or anything,you paid for the game and the game only ( apart from the extras in your case ) honestly I'm not trying to be a prick I'm just stating the very obvious truth.

You may not be a prick but you certainly sound like an idiot.

DenisNinja1
26th Aug 2013, 01:22
is good square-enix fix all these defects and problems very quickly, this FFXIV was one super trap to make the square-enix lose all your customers and fans

Exileous
26th Aug 2013, 01:25
Removing queue and putting up a generic try again error is simply retarded.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 01:38
Well, since I last posted I've been playing without a single error code and the instances are working just fine.Yes some people are still experiencing issues logging in but I assume this may be intentional. Call me an idiot all you like but the fact remains is EA is a bonus,while you may have bought the game for the EA,you didn't pay for EA.That's all I'm trying to say to you. IF you pre-ordered from the SE store and didn't get your code then fine,take it up with them.If you ordered elsewhere,complaining on here will not get you anywhere.

I guess I chose the right retailer for me because I received my code within 30 seconds of my purchase.

Crumdum
26th Aug 2013, 01:42
@Sin - Don't take this to be a personal assault, I'm not angry with you. I'm upset with Square. They promoted the pre-orders with early access as an incentive. It is part of the purchase agreement; we did pay for it. Incentives get people to buy things, simple as that. Without said incentive, people are far less likely to buy the product. It is a business tactic. Imagine if I were competing for your business. Let's say you were looking to get new rain gutters on your house. Now there are dozens upon dozens of people in the area that can do gutters. I could offer you several incentives to get your business including reduced rates, guarantees, faster turn around, or additional items upon contracting me.

Let's say you come to me and say "I need new rain gutters." I tell you that the price is x amount per foot, plus labor. You say "Well, Joe Shmoe over here said he'd do it for less than you." I tell you I'll beat the price, which is the incentive to hire me. Now, after I did the work, I bill you the amount I originally stated. You come to me and ask why it's more and I tell you that yes, I did offer that incentive to you, but I can't honor it because the price of rain gutters just went up. Well, that price shift isn't your problem, it's mine. I offered the lower price to you before you purchased my handiwork and I come back with an issue that in no way is a result of you. How is it OK that I do that? That is reneging on a contract. It is against the law and you CAN sue over it. Would you be OK with that? What if I had offered to come clean your new gutters twice a year and never came? You paid for the cleanings when I offered them to you as part of the deal.

I offered you the lower price to get you to hire me just as Square offered early access and the other items for all of us to buy their product. For them to offer the access to the product as part of the deal we made when I gave them my money and not to fulfill that incentive, it is them breaking said contract. And yes, it is a contract you are in with Square; whenever money changes hands and an exchange of goods or services is involved, it is a contract regardless of written or verbal. They have broken the contract they made with all of us and should have to offer some sort of compensation on behalf of their follies.

OverKillZero
26th Aug 2013, 01:42
Indeed

Adventfire
26th Aug 2013, 01:43
It seems that unless you are in Japan, Square-Enix doesn't really care about you. It seems the JP servers aren't having half the problems we are. (please correct me if this is wrong) For FFXIV ARR early access we on the NA/EU servers haven't really had much access at all. The info on what's going on is slow and usually doesn't give much helpful info at all. The servers are currently gimped and access is like winning the lottery (same odds anyway). Now I've been in on MMO starts before and I know they aren't always smooth but this shouldn't be allowed to become a common occurrence. Betas are for stress testing and working out bugs and MOST problems (not all, to have no unforeseen problems is almost impossible). People who sit there and accept these problems as okay are a problem in themselves. Companies need to work harder to keep things like this from happening. The SE customer service is a joke, IF you can get a hold of anyone they usually have no idea what's going on either. The FFXIV forums all over the web are turning into grumbling mobs, some threatening to quit already and all SE can say is Sorry and We Are Working On The Problem. I'm waiting this out a little bit to see if SE can get it's act together. The game (when I could play) is a lot of fun and beautiful to look at. It just doesn't seem like SE knows how to handle NA/EU gamers. Okay, I admit I'm just venting here but after 4 hours of just trying to get into the game I should be allowed to vent.

MatthewRMF
26th Aug 2013, 01:50
Hahahahahahahah! Cry more!

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 01:52
@Sin - Don't take this to be a personal assault, I'm not angry with you. I'm upset with Square. They promoted the pre-orders with early access as an incentive. It is part of the purchase agreement; we did pay for it. Incentives get people to buy things, simple as that. Without said incentive, people are far less likely to buy the product. It is a business tactic. Imagine if I were competing for your business. Let's say you were looking to get new rain gutters on your house. Now there are dozens upon dozens of people in the area that can do gutters. I could offer you several incentives to get your business including reduced rates, guarantees, faster turn around, or additional items upon contracting me.

Let's say you come to me and say "I need new rain gutters." I tell you that the price is x amount per foot, plus labor. You say "Well, Joe Shmoe over here said he'd do it for less than you." I tell you I'll beat the price, which is the incentive to hire me. Now, after I did the work, I bill you the amount I originally stated. You come to me and ask why it's more and I tell you that yes, I did offer that incentive to you, but I can't honor it because the price of rain gutters just went up. Well, that price shift isn't your problem, it's mine. I offered the lower price to you before you purchased my handiwork and I come back with an issue that in no way is a result of you. How is it OK that I do that? That is reneging on a contract. It is against the law and you CAN sue over it. Would you be OK with that? What if I had offered to come clean your new gutters twice a year and never came? You paid for the cleanings when I offered them to you as part of the deal.

I offered you the lower price to get you to hire me just as Square offered early access and the other items for all of us to buy their product. For them to offer the access to the product as part of the deal we made when I gave them my money and not to fulfill that incentive, it is them breaking said contract. And yes, it is a contract you are in with Square; whenever money changes hands and an exchange of goods or services is involved, it is a contract regardless of written or verbal. They have broken the contract they made with all of us and should have to offer some sort of compensation on behalf of their follies. I understand that, I do. If we were dealing with 1 retailer here, that being SE, then I totally agree. But the problem with codes is with quite a few retailers,SE offered the incentive and the retailers failed to provide.SE are powerless when it comes to other retailers.As I said above,if you pre-ordered from SE and didn't get anything then by all means,do something about it. But people are bashing the company when they haven't even bought the game from here,you see what I'm saying?

Roflmaou
26th Aug 2013, 02:00
wall of text crits for 9999..you leave thread

Crumdum
26th Aug 2013, 02:03
I do regarding the codes. Those should come from the people you purchased the product from. However, I was responding to the fact that some people, including myself aren't able to get online during EA. Neither you nor I are at fault for their lack of preparedness. Their servers are full and should have done something beforehand to accommodate everyone who pre-ordered. Be it more servers, larger capacity, or allowing players to play on any server they want without having to use separate characters. They knew well beforehand how many pre-orders they allowed retailers to offer, how many were bought, and the capacity of the servers they have up. The servers should be able to handle every pre-order offered right now, regardless of it being purchased or not.

SinisJecht
It seems that unless you are in Japan, Square-Enix doesn't really care about you. It seems the JP servers aren't having half the problems we are. (please correct me if this is wrong) For FFXIV ARR early access we on the NA/EU servers haven't really had much access at all. The info on what's going on is slow and usually doesn't give much helpful info at all. The servers are currently gimped and access is like winning the lottery (same odds anyway). Now I've been in on MMO starts before and I know they aren't always smooth but this shouldn't be allowed to become a common occurrence. Betas are for stress testing and working out bugs and MOST problems (not all, to have no unforeseen problems is almost impossible). People who sit there and accept these problems as okay are a problem in themselves. Companies need to work harder to keep things like this from happening. The SE customer service is a joke, IF you can get a hold of anyone they usually have no idea what's going on either. The FFXIV forums all over the web are turning into grumbling mobs, some threatening to quit already and all SE can say is Sorry and We Are Working On The Problem. I'm waiting this out a little bit to see if SE can get it's act together. The game (when I could play) is a lot of fun and beautiful to look at. It just doesn't seem like SE knows how to handle NA/EU gamers. Okay, I admit I'm just venting here but after 4 hours of just trying to get into the game I should be allowed to vent. The problem doesn't come from mismanagement, it comes from underestimating how large their customer base would be. They admitted themselves that they didn't expect such a high volume following the disaster of 1.0 so if you look at it with a calm head it is very understandable.

Jenksin
I understand that, I do. If we were dealing with 1 retailer here, that being SE, then I totally agree. But the problem with codes is with quite a few retailers,SE offered the incentive and the retailers failed to provide.SE are powerless when it comes to other retailers.As I said above,if you pre-ordered from SE and didn't get anything then by all means,do something about it. But people are bashing the company when they haven't even bought the game from here,you see what I'm saying?

The point is, Early Access was promised as an bonus for pre ordering. We did not pay extra for EA, we paid EARLY for EARLY ACCESS, which a lot of us, myself included, have not received. I ordered from the SE store, and in my confirmation email it states that I will receive EARLY access as part of the package I ordered. I have not received this, therefore they have thus far breached the terms of their sale.

TL;DR? You do not pay extra for early access, you pay early, aka pre-order, for early access.

Adventfire
26th Aug 2013, 02:05
I do see what your saying SinisJecht and I agree, like I said, trying to log in for over 4hrs I just needed to vent.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 02:09
I do regarding the codes. Those should come from the people you purchased the product from. However, I was responding to the fact that some people, including myself aren't able to get online during EA. Neither you nor I are at fault for their lack of preparedness. Their servers are full and should have done something beforehand to accommodate everyone who pre-ordered. Be it more servers, larger capacity, or allowing players to play on any server they want without having to use separate characters. They knew well beforehand how many pre-orders they allowed retailers to offer, how many were bought, and the capacity of the servers they have up. The servers should be able to handle every pre-order offered right now, regardless of it being purchased or not.
The problem doesn't come from mismanagement, it comes from underestimating how large their customer base would be. They admitted themselves that they didn't expect such a high volume following the disaster of 1.0 so if you look at it with a calm head it is very understandable. As for pre-order numbers,you have to take into consideration the amount of last minute orders which will throw all prepared values out of the window. I was in the same boat as the rest of the people with EA,not being able to login,being stuck at level 15 for 24 hours because the instance servers were busted,but I try to look at the bigger picture and not just the here and now.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 02:14
This is to those that didn't receive their codes, something which I've been trying to tell you but you didn't listen... From SE:
Please note that the pre-order bonus codes are different for the Playstation 3 and Windows versions. Also, please be aware that the number of early access codes will be limited and distribution will cease when the limit has been reached.

* The pre-order bonus code distribution timing and method may vary depending on the retailer.

This is the message on the pre order bonuses.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 02:18
For those still complaining about codes but refuse to listen:

Please note that the pre-order bonus codes are different for the Playstation 3 and Windows versions. Also, please be aware that the number of early access codes will be limited and distribution will cease when the limit has been reached.

* The pre-order bonus code distribution timing and method may vary depending on the retailer.

This is from SE, they made everyone aware before all this.

Roflmaou
26th Aug 2013, 02:25
SinisJecht you are my hero. keep up the posting of that, not that people will bother reading it now....

Gomly1980
26th Aug 2013, 02:38
This is to those that didn't receive their codes, something which I've been trying to tell you but you didn't listen... From SE:

Where is that message?

Because it sure isn't on the UK store page where I bought the game from. Had that been the case then I wouldn't have spent the past 3 days wondering where my code is.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 02:42
Where is that message?

Because it sure isn't on the UK store page where I bought the game from. Had that been the case then I wouldn't have spent the past 3 days wondering where my code is.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/

right there. Everyone was told from the very beginning,but their lack of patience to read is what has caused all this undeserved anger.

Gomly1980
26th Aug 2013, 02:47

right there. Everyone was told from the very beginning,but their lack of patience to read is what has caused all this undeserved anger.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn.php

Now find it on there, which is where I bought it from.

It says NOTHING about limited codes.

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 02:48

Undeserved anger . . . . . I feel sorry for you sir.

Mallust
26th Aug 2013, 02:55
This is a bunch of crap if they don't fix server by time I pick up game on the 27th , I will not open it and I wlll take it back and get a full refund. I understand there is problems but they don't give a **** the Japan servers have no issues but you cannot play on the NA/EU Servers always full and they been saying for days we are working on the problem. Sure they are simple fix take the code from the Japan servers and put them on the NA/EU servers, they still read English or whatever language you choose. Its just a bunch of crap if they don't fix by the 27th they will not have a very good player base. And I know someone going to say whine more or whatever. Quit standing up for a poorly planned game and a bunch of bull****. I don't want Apologies anymore I want results.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 02:57
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn.php

Now find it on there, which is where I bought it from.

It says NOTHING about limited codes. While it doesn't directly tell you on that page, if you patiently read everything it provides a link,then another link inside there.Yes it is not blatantly obvious,but it is there.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 03:00
While it doesn't directly tell you on that page, if you patiently read everything it provides a link,then another link inside there.Yes it is not blatantly obvious,but it is there.

So you're defending them by saying "you should have combed through every single page on their website to determine there may not be enough codes instead of them having to put it on the front page of the store".... right. If there isn't enough codes, the onus is on them to make it a clear and visible disclaimer to avoid problems like this, not for us to scan every single page on their store.

TiffTaro
26th Aug 2013, 03:04

But this doesn't explain why people who ordered at the same time got different results. Some people ordered at the same time as their friends and then one received a code and the other didn't. People who ordered after me got codes. People who ordered days ago still have nothing.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 03:04
So you're defending them by saying "you should have combed through every single page on their website to determine there may not be enough codes instead of them having to put it on the front page of the store".... right. If there isn't enough codes, the onus is on them to make it a clear and visible disclaimer to avoid problems like this, not for us to scan every single page on their store. When you sign a contract or consent form,do you just sign it and give it back? I sure as heck don't. If you're making a purchase with the hopes of receiving something,then it would be in your best interest to read it to make sure you aren't wasting your time. That's how we got here in the first place.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 03:06
But this doesn't explain why people who ordered at the same time got different results. Some people ordered at the same time as their friends and then one received a code and the other didn't. People who ordered after me got codes. People who ordered days ago still have nothing. I can't comment on the selection process, maybe different store? maybe they purchased in the morning and the other in the afternoon? I just don't know. If they are saying it is limited then I would assume every store would have had a set allocation.

Gomly1980
26th Aug 2013, 03:08
While it doesn't directly tell you on that page, if you patiently read everything it provides a link,then another link inside there.Yes it is not blatantly obvious,but it is there.

IMPORTANT: Players that have the original release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV (V1.0) will not need to purchase FFXIV: ARR to continue playing on the PC. There are a number of points that you should be aware of should you consider purchasing a new copy of FFXIV: ARR so please ensure that you read the following before making a pre-order or purchase.

You mean that link, that it aims at people who already owned the original version .... which I don't.

No, i'm not going to go through that one and only link because it doesn't tell me, a new player, to go through that link.

So no, no they haven't made it clear that codes are limited. As I said before, it doesn't bother me that they are but it would have been nice for them to include it on the store page so I didn't spend 3 days watching my inbox like it was going to start doing the funky chicken.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 03:10
When you sign a contract or consent form,do you just sign it and give it back? I sure as heck don't. If you're making a purchase with the hopes of receiving something,then it would be in your best interest to read it to make sure you aren't wasting your time. That's how we got here in the first place.

No, I read the contract. On the EU store page where you purchase the item, i.e The Contract page, there is no visible text that states there is a limited supply of codes.

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 03:15
You mean that link, that it aims at people who already owned the original version .... which I don't.

No, i'm not going to go through that one and only link because it doesn't tell me, a new player, to go through that link.

So no, no they haven't made it clear that codes are limited. As I said before, it doesn't bother me that they are but it would have been nice for them to include it on the store page so I didn't spend 3 days watching my inbox like it was going to start doing the funky chicken. I think you are reading that as one sentence. There are a number of points that you should be aware of should you consider purchasing a new copy of FFXIV: ARR so please ensure that you read the following before making a pre-order or purchase. not just aimed at 1.0 players. As I said it is not blatantly and in a perfect world it would be,but fact is,it is stated.

KingKrunoil
26th Aug 2013, 03:48
To Anyone and Everyone you should give up on NA servers and move to Jp server Alexander we are taking it over My LS Chaos Souls is recruiting all migrating Players just send me a tell Kheni Anbolho or ad me to friends list and ill be happy to take you in we are looking for healers so (Hint Hint) lol

KingKrunoil
26th Aug 2013, 03:48
To Anyone and Everyone you should give up on NA servers and move to Jp server Alexander we are taking it over My LS Chaos Souls is recruiting all migrating Players just send me a tell Kheni Anbolho or ad me to friends list and ill be happy to take you in we are looking for healers so (Hint Hint) lol

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 04:12
I think you are reading that as one sentence. There are a number of points that you should be aware of should you consider purchasing a new copy of FFXIV: ARR so please ensure that you read the following before making a pre-order or purchase. not just aimed at 1.0 players. As I said it is not blatantly and in a perfect world it would be,but fact is,it is stated.

I applaud your belief that Squeenix can do no wrong.

Crumdum
26th Aug 2013, 04:25
@Aisell - check your PMs :whistle:

TiffTaro
26th Aug 2013, 04:30
I think you are reading that as one sentence. There are a number of points that you should be aware of should you consider purchasing a new copy of FFXIV: ARR so please ensure that you read the following before making a pre-order or purchase. not just aimed at 1.0 players. As I said it is not blatantly and in a perfect world it would be,but fact is,it is stated.

Just canceled my order with SE and ordered through Amazon. In under a minute I got my code, entered it, and now I'm downloading. THAT is how a company should work. So all this talk about SE haveing a limited number of codes is just wrong. I will never go with SE again.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 05:06
Just canceled my order with SE and ordered through Amazon. In under a minute I got my code, entered it, and now I'm downloading. THAT is how a company should work. So all this talk about SE haveing a limited number of codes is just wrong. I will never go with SE again.

Lucky you. EU Support is closed until tuesday because of bank holiday monday in the UK.

Purrversion
26th Aug 2013, 05:32
...Is this a joke? When can I play the @#$@ing game exactly? First it was an issue with awaiting peak hours, now it's just flat out "You can't @#$@ing play." Square what the HELL is this?

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 05:55

Lucky you. My code from GMG is invalid.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:24
Pre-orders were not promised Early access and here's why. If you look on the MAIN WEBSITE where they advertise the game it says that the codes are in limited supply so even if you buy a pre order you probably wont even get your codes and will probably have to wait until launch anyway. Don't take your frustrations out on the game. You know nothing of errors and inconveniences like I do. I played Mabinogi, a game damned to hell but is so addicting. The customer support there virtually doesn't even EXIST. Terrible things happen there. Half the time, despite having a 400 dollar GC it will pop up saying "Your GC does not meet the requirements to run this game. Exiting to desktop" That's just the tip of the ice burg... things like character erasing incidents, hackers plaguing the place, channel crashes dissolving character items PERMANENTLY, a roll back glitch that takes your characters progress back MONTHS before current day which can't be reversed. CONSIDER this just a tiny misdirection. You'll have your chance to play and SE actually CARES about their games. Kindly... STFU

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 06:28
Pre-orders were not promised Early access and here's why. If you look on the MAIN WEBSITE where they advertise the game it says that the codes are in limited supply so even if you buy a pre order you probably wont even get your codes and will probably have to wait until launch anyway. Don't take your frustrations out on the game. You know nothing of errors and inconveniences like I do. I played Mabinogi, a game damned to hell but is so addicting. The customer support there virtually doesn't even EXIST. Terrible things happen there. Half the time, despite having a 400 dollar GC it will pop up saying "Your GC does not meet the requirements to run this game. Exiting to desktop" That's just the tip of the ice burg... things like character erasing incidents, hackers plaguing the place, channel crashes dissolving character items PERMANENTLY, a roll back glitch that takes your characters progress back MONTHS before current day which can't be reversed. CONSIDER this just a tiny misdirection. You'll have your chance to play and SE actually CARES about their games. Kindly... STFU

Strange the shop page I purchased the game from had early access from preordering on it. Its actually the reason I decided to make the purchase.

Trying to state that those of us who bought the game expecting EA were seeing things is dishonest and really a sad attempt to cover for a company you probably have no vested interest in. It certainly doesn't help the situation to tell people that they were just seeing things when they made their purchase.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 06:29
Strange the shop page I purchased the game from had early access from preordering on it. Its actually the reason I decided to make the purchase.

Trying to state that those of us who bought the game expecting EA were seeing things is dishonest and really a sad attempt to cover for a company you probably have no vested interest in. It certainly doesn't help the situation to tell people that they were just seeing things when they made their purchase.

Same here. Even on the order confirmation it states I am ENTITLED - their words not mine - to early access. There is no mention anywhere on the store page or the confirmation email of limited codes.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:32

EA is a crap company anyway. Now you know not to buy from them. My post isn't directed towards you but instead a more unintelligent bunch on this website.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 06:33
EA is a crap company anyway. Now you know not to buy from them. My post isn't directed towards you but instead a more unintelligent bunch on this website.

By EA he means Early Access. EA Games have nothing to do with FFXIV.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:36
By EA he means Early Access. EA Games have nothing to do with FFXIV.

Oh well slap me arse and call me willy. neever MIND then. But Square Enix has actually said that you are not guaranteed an Early Access.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:39
Go here to this website. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

SCROLL DOWN to where it says "Pre-Order Bonuses"
In that second line of text it reads "Please note that these pre-order bonuses will be available in limited quantities."
Do you see it NOW?

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 06:42
Oh well slap me arse and call me willy. neever MIND then. But Square Enix has actually said that you are not guaranteed an Early Access.

They used the words "Entitled to early access with a preorder" so im not sure where you are getting this info from, other than the reality that no one is getting early access.

and yes EA stands for early access not Electronic Arts here. Not directed at you but instead a more unintelligent bunch on this website.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:44
They used the words "Entitled to early access with a preorder" so im not sure where you are getting this info from, other than the reality that no one is getting early access.

and yes EA stands for early access not Electronic Arts here. Not directed at you but instead a more unintelligent bunch on this website.

Uuuh I've had some Early access though.

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 06:47
Uuuh I've had some Early access though.

Then you must be one of those lucky people who received a game code for your purchase.

Im more worried about my invalid code, I don't want to have to do a charge back to a 3rd party site, but I don't know if they just disabled the registration of codes or if its a fake code. I trust GMG and they seem adamant that they have verified all the codes and they are region specific (I have the right region) Thing is ...they are silent, for like a few days now...on the issue...that isn't right.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 06:48
Go here to this website. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

SCROLL DOWN to where it says "Pre-Order Bonuses"
In that second line of text it reads "Please note that these pre-order bonuses will be available in limited quantities."
Do you see it NOW?

Here is the part of my confirmation email that tells me I am ENTITLED to early access. If the codes are really limited supply then why is the warning in such an obscure place? Surely they would put it on the store page? Or at least state on the email that codes are limited and you may not receive the early access.

Thank you for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. As a valued customer, you are now entitled to the following rewards:

Early Access
Allowing access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:49
Auto response emails ftw? Also I'm sure that SE thought you could read. Usually with as something as big as a pre order bonus the buyer reads the details.

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 06:51
To be honest, if they were not throwing the EA in my face, I would have just waited until launch and avoided this whole headache.

Now im stuck with an invalid code, I don't know if its SE that disabled it, if its a fraudulent code...if I just need to wait until launch and they reneged on their EA offer...I don't care at this point, just want to know where I stand...I don't feel like I should even have to ask this, it should be vital info to relay to those who have paid.

Im also not sure why some are fighting me on this simple request.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 06:52
Auto response emails ftw? Also I'm sure that SE thought you could read. Usually with as something as big as a pre order bonus the buyer reads the details.

Not if you already know what the pre order bonuses are, and not if you go directly through the SE store, you don't see that page. Do you know how easy it is to change an email template? Once they ran out of codes they could have just updated the template, or had it in there in the first place. Just because it is automated doesn't excuse the fact it doesn't mention anywhere "limited codes".

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:53
To be honest, if they were not throwing the EA in my face, I would have just waited until launch and avoided this whole headache.

Now im stuck with an invalid code, I don't know if its SE that disabled it, if its a fraudulent code...if I just need to wait until launch and they reneged on their EA offer...I don't care at this point, just want to know where I stand...I don't feel like I should even have to ask this, it should be vital info to relay to those who have paid.

Im also not sure why some are fighting me on this simple request.

I never saw that you even had a code in the first place. From how you said things it seemed as though you never even got one.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:54
Not if you already know what the pre order bonuses are, and not if you go directly through the SE store, you don't see that page. Do you know how easy it is to change an email template? Once they ran out of codes they could have just updated the template, or had it in there in the first place. Just because it is automated doesn't excuse the fact it doesn't mention anywhere "limited codes".

This whole mess sort of reminds me of warning labels in a sense... just saying.

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 06:56

The right thing to do would have been to halt purchases, just give people an error message stating something along the lines of "due to high volume you order cannot be processed" But no, they took peoples money and gave them a realistic expectation that they would be able to at least download and access the EA. They could have also put a warning that EA is full and you are now purchasing a preorder only" as to give their customers the chance to perhaps make a decision as to making the preorder or not.

They could have even just made a post on the forums about it.

They chose to stay silent. So now anyone with these issues has no idea what is going on. That is the worst possible thing you can do after someone gives you money....not give them what they paid for and go silent.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 06:59
This whole mess sort of reminds me of warning labels in a sense... just saying.

Me too, in the fact that there's no warning label on the product on the shelf, only on the one in the catalogue. Which is to say that if you are buying the item in the store it has no warning, but when browsing through the magazine it does. In this situation there is no warning in the online store, only in the pre order preview. If you don't look at the preview and go directly through the store there is no warning. What's hard to grasp about this? It is not mandatory to look at that page you posted. The warning should be on a page that you HAVE to look at.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:59
The right thing to do would have been to halt purchases, just give people an error message stating something along the lines of "due to high volume you order cannot be processed" But no, they took peoples money and gave them a realistic expectation that they would be able to at least download and access the EA. They could have also put a warning that EA is full and you are now purchasing a preorder only" as to give their customers the chance to perhaps make a decision as to making the preorder or not.

They could have even just made a post on the forums about it.

They chose to stay silent. So now anyone with these issues has no idea what is going on. That is the worst possible thing you can do after someone gives you money....not give them what they paid for and go silent.

If that is the way you feel, learn Japanese because the NA branch of SE is absolutely in the dark. I had a 1 on 1 chat with a few people from this company. You won't get any answers from them, they're just like you. Talk to the REAL publisher. IMO yes this whole thing was poorly planned but you realized that just by looking at the posts around here. It's always best to do some research first before buying anything.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 07:01
Me too, in the fact that there's no warning label on the product on the shelf, only on the one in the catalogue. Which is to say that if you are buying the item in the store it has no warning, but when browsing through the magazine it does. In this situation there is no warning in the online store, only in the pre order preview. If you don't look at the preview and go directly through the store there is no warning. What's hard to grasp about this? It is not mandatory to look at that page you posted. The warning should be on a page that you HAVE to look at.

Actually it just has to be stated, more or less your responsibility honestly. Yea I'm going to put "WARNING HOT" on every cup of coffee in huge bold letters because someone was dumb enough to dump it in their lap and then sued a company for it. Nooo, you knew from the get go that in fact the coffee was hot and if you ordered from the SE website and saw the bonuses you would have stumbled upon that page and read the information.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 07:04
Actually it just has to be stated, more or less your responsibility honestly. Yea I'm going to put "WARNING HOT" on every cup of coffee in huge bold letters because someone was dumb enough to dump it in their lap and then sued a company for it. Nooo, you knew from the get go that in fact the coffee was hot and if you ordered from the SE website and saw the bonuses you would have stumbled upon that page and read the information.

Actually it's their responsibility. They are plastering the "preorder now and get early access!" all over the internet, yet the warning about "limited codes" is on an obscure page that doesn't show up if you go directly through the Square Enix store. I'm not sure why you're defending them so hard, we're all being screwed in some way.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 07:06
Actually it's their responsibility. They are plastering the "preorder now and get early access!" all over the internet, yet the warning about "limited codes" is on an obscure page that doesn't show up if you go directly through the Square Enix store. I'm not sure why you're defending them so hard, we're all being screwed in some way.

I just want to clear some things up, I'm not defending them, and this is the first FF game I have even remotely been interested in IN YEARS. I'm simply stating a fact, nothing more.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 07:06
If that is the way you feel, learn Japanese because the NA branch of SE is absolutely in the dark. I had a 1 on 1 chat with a few people from this company. You won't get any answers from them, they're just like you. Talk to the REAL publisher. IMO yes this whole thing was poorly planned but you realized that just by looking at the posts around here. It's always best to do some research first before buying anything.

Really? REALLY? Jesus christ. So Square Enix doesn't share information across it's regions and it's our fault for not knowing Japanese? I'm done talking to you now, you're really delusional.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 07:08
Really? REALLY? Jesus christ. So Square Enix doesn't share information across it's regions and it's our fault for not knowing Japanese? I'm done talking to you now, you're really delusional.

If you think I'm delusional, I have news for you, that makes two of us. Do your research first. I knew what this was before I bought into it.

Opeabia
26th Aug 2013, 07:40
Aisell i agree with all you say :)

Opeabia
26th Aug 2013, 07:45
Like you play in peace ff xiv the 1st one?

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 07:48

http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=29853700&Env=BASE&productID=281295900#.UhsG_j-2Y43

I'm sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you over the inaccuracy of your statement. Also how did a crappy f2p game get here? It sounds like the game you mentioned just sucked . . hard.

No no sir, Early Access is promised, it's advertised on the Squeenix page, still to this day. . infact right now it's still being advertised. If they can't meet the demand for pre orders, they should take it off.

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 07:57
I just want to clear some things up, I'm not defending them, and this is the first FF game I have even remotely been interested in IN YEARS. I'm simply stating a fact, nothing more.

If you are going to claim that you aren't defending them, might I suggest you stop defending them before claiming you aren't defending them. . . .

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 07:58

AAAANNNNNDDD you're done.

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 09:29
Square Enix Customer Support T: 08706000182 (09:00 and 18:00 hrs UK Time. I just called them and the guy gave me my code over the phone. Anyone who doesn't have their code from the EU call them up. Thanks to Matty7500 for the number.

Kuraishi
26th Aug 2013, 10:15
wish i could call but live in australia and i dout waiting 10 mins to talk to anyones gonna be good for my phone bill.

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 17:11
wish i could call but live in australia and i dout waiting 10 mins to talk to anyones gonna be good for my phone bill.

That sucks.

Laaperi
26th Aug 2013, 18:24
Its not even launch yet ffs! Even before the actual launch the servers are ****ed up i cant even create a character on an EU server to play with my friends.

noob45
26th Aug 2013, 18:35
::scratch:

I just saw on the log-in screen news explaining that currently the plat trophy is unobtainable as some content for the trophieswon't be available until 2.1 patch....

Soooo the game has trophies.

BTW a monthly fee on an MMO isn't a new concept. If they didn't do a monthly fee then you can damn sure expect a deteriorating game quality.

Vemmada
26th Aug 2013, 18:35

As you pointed out there have been a number of bad launches of MMOs with reasonable excuses such as WoW. Again how you point out that it's near the end of 2013 and MMOs are all still tripping over the same ignorant issues is just no longer excusable. The Old Republic had a horrible launch, especially their "Wave" EGA.

Now, a lot of people say "Well it's not actually launch yet, it's still early access." That's false, once beta testing is done it's done. EGA is boldly marketed in the game sale ads, it's part of the deal that people pay for and the trade off is early access to the game in exchange for assisting with solid numbers to expect. Like someone said if they're having issues already with size and the game hasn't even launched it's only imaginable what to expect when it does. So how could this have been resolved? Champions Online doesn't have "Worlds", they have zones and each zone handles a set number of players. Maybe it's not for all MMOs but they saw a problem and tried to prep for it. Guild Wars 2 had the smoothest launch I've ever seen, they did something right so it only makes sense that every other MMO should be held up to these standards.

So why is everyone so upset? People are upset for the exact same reasons people are upset about the gas prices. No one's going to die if they don't get their code now or three days from now but the situation is not like any normal product, they can't say "Screw this I'm going somewhere else" because they can't. Sure they can play WoW or do something else but these games have full control over a product you can't get anywhere else. I have friends playing this game already and playing WoW for example doesn't let me play with my friends nor is it the same style as Final Fantasy.

For all the people upset you have every right to complain and whine as much as you want until your issue is handled the way it's /supposed to be/ so asking for things like a free month does seem a little extreme but then again three days off the monthly sub cost is about 50 cents. The company needs to do something more than giving their sorry excuses and provide solutions intead.

For those who complain about the people complaining you're just becoming what you hate and justifying it the same way everyone else is. Maybe you have access to the game or maybe you don't so if you choose not to be upset that's your choice but we're consumers and we're not getting the products we're supposed to. It's as simple as that, some of us have decide to cancel our orders and others just want to vent a little while we get the staff and can't do anything about it. That's our choice, respect it or go away.

Vemmada
26th Aug 2013, 18:44
See? I waited all morning and spent my time dealing with customer support. Vented a little on the forums and once I was done I got my code finally. It really helps to vent as it gives people a means to channel their frustration rather than doing something overly damaging to the game like canceling their order.

Laaperi
26th Aug 2013, 18:49
How AND why is ALL the EU servers FULL? Why are there so few EU servers? Which retard decided this???

ffvii_cid
26th Aug 2013, 19:29
Why do EU only have 6 servers? They are all FULL. But JAPAN has over 20 and USA have over 15 ?!

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 20:26
As you pointed out there have been a number of bad launches of MMOs with reasonable excuses such as WoW. Again how you point out that it's near the end of 2013 and MMOs are all still tripping over the same ignorant issues is just no longer excusable. The Old Republic had a horrible launch, especially their "Wave" EGA.

Now, a lot of people say "Well it's not actually launch yet, it's still early access." That's false, once beta testing is done it's done. EGA is boldly marketed in the game sale ads, it's part of the deal that people pay for and the trade off is early access to the game in exchange for assisting with solid numbers to expect. Like someone said if they're having issues already with size and the game hasn't even launched it's only imaginable what to expect when it does. So how could this have been resolved? Champions Online doesn't have "Worlds", they have zones and each zone handles a set number of players. Maybe it's not for all MMOs but they saw a problem and tried to prep for it. Guild Wars 2 had the smoothest launch I've ever seen, they did something right so it only makes sense that every other MMO should be held up to these standards.

So why is everyone so upset? People are upset for the exact same reasons people are upset about the gas prices. No one's going to die if they don't get their code now or three days from now but the situation is not like any normal product, they can't say "Screw this I'm going somewhere else" because they can't. Sure they can play WoW or do something else but these games have full control over a product you can't get anywhere else. I have friends playing this game already and playing WoW for example doesn't let me play with my friends nor is it the same style as Final Fantasy.

For all the people upset you have every right to complain and whine as much as you want until your issue is handled the way it's /supposed to be/ so asking for things like a free month does seem a little extreme but then again three days off the monthly sub cost is about 50 cents. The company needs to do something more than giving their sorry excuses and provide solutions intead.

For those who complain about the people complaining you're just becoming what you hate and justifying it the same way everyone else is. Maybe you have access to the game or maybe you don't so if you choose not to be upset that's your choice but we're consumers and we're not getting the products we're supposed to. It's as simple as that, some of us have decide to cancel our orders and others just want to vent a little while we get the staff and can't do anything about it. That's our choice, respect it or go away.

Very well said.

Error3102
26th Aug 2013, 21:13
Why do EU only have 6 servers? They are all FULL. But JAPAN has over 20 and USA have over 15 ?!

From what I've gathered its because SE grossly underestimated the interest EU and NA gamers had in the game, hence the low server amounts for those countries (especially EU).

What irritates me the most is not even being able to sit in a queue to get onto my server; I'd be perfectly fine waiting in line but to not even be given the option is ridiculous. I get that they want to decrease server load and encourage people to play on less populated servers, so why don't they just disable character creation on overtaxed servers until things have stabilized?

I also agree that having one weekend for open beta stress testing was idiotic in the extreme; it should have been a week minimum. It might not have prepared them 100% for launch but they'd have much better data to work with.

The_Eidolon
26th Aug 2013, 21:44
Complete failure from my perspective and for me personally. Ordered days ago from SE's own store and i'm yet to even receive a key or early access code despite opening 3 tickets.

Won't be buying from this company again. Customer support is absolutely dire.

Aisell
26th Aug 2013, 23:53
Complete failure from my perspective and for me personally. Ordered days ago from SE's own store and i'm yet to even receive a key or early access code despite opening 3 tickets.

Won't be buying from this company again. Customer support is absolutely dire.

It's terrible and I don't understand why these guys can't keep ups updated on what the hell is going on with the servers.

Enlighten
26th Aug 2013, 23:58
They really should start hiring COMPETENT, EDUCATED PEOPLE. SE has grown to a family of TOO MANY IDIOTS. Now that you've lost MILLIONS of fans, I guess ONE MORE SUCH AS MYSELF WOULDNT MATTER RIGHT?

Get your **** together SE. Your stocks will plummet, your sales will plummet and so will your fan base. Wait till another company makes something even CLOSE. Youre DEAD to me after DELETING ALL OF MY COMMENTS.

Worst Customer Support in all of history + service in all of history = SE.

Crazitomali
27th Aug 2013, 01:25
This is a complete joke. Let me begin my huge rant i've had with this with only dealing with it for 1 hour.

Purchasing the game was 100% Hassle free.
After purchasing the real terror comes into play. It's not easy finding out where to even download the game, yet in the page it gives you instructions on how to install. Yeah, tell us how to install, but not where to download. Makes total sense. Anyways, after finally managing to figure out where to download. Things are looking good. I click next a whole bunch of times and im moving forward with the install process. Then i get to a page that says i need a square enix account and a registration code. I made a Sq Enix account. then its now asking me for a Registration code. (keep in mind, before i even got to this step, i was horribly confused on the 1-time-password thing.) But, as i was saying the registration code is impossible to find. NO where in my e-mail does it list a Reg. code. Where is that? do i need to wait for another e-mail or what?

Also for those who are having difficulty downloading the game. You can find a link to there here. http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

AlphaCupcake
27th Aug 2013, 01:40
I had this problem too. After a little searching, I found an e-mail that Amazon sent me containing a pre-order code that I had to redeem, and only then would Square Enix give me the registration code. It was pretty ridiculous and roundabout , but it did work.
Of course, this is all for pre-order. I'm not sure about just buying it.

Reel1515
27th Aug 2013, 01:40
Well you atleast got me to where you are up to. Yeah no code at all. The 29.99 is missing from my account though almost instantly

RedDemon88
27th Aug 2013, 01:45
Same here. I got " The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer valid. Please check your entries. "? I gotten the right code and number etc. Even my registration code on ps3 is invalid. Any solutions for this cause I do not think that code is a problem.

Crazitomali
27th Aug 2013, 01:51
Guys i got the game to finally begin downloading i'll post a guide pretty soon. hold tight. Idk if it will work for eeveryone tho.

Reel1515
27th Aug 2013, 01:53
Where did you get your code?

Crazitomali
27th Aug 2013, 02:12
heres my guide. the code was the early access code the whole time. I had to use it on a website to apply it. heres the link to the guide i made http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5690

Aisell
27th Aug 2013, 04:44
They really should start hiring COMPETENT, EDUCATED PEOPLE. SE has grown to a family of TOO MANY IDIOTS. Now that you've lost MILLIONS of fans, I guess ONE MORE SUCH AS MYSELF WOULDNT MATTER RIGHT?

Get your **** together SE. Your stocks will plummet, your sales will plummet and so will your fan base. Wait till another company makes something even CLOSE. Youre DEAD to me after DELETING ALL OF MY COMMENTS.

Worst Customer Support in all of history + service in all of history = SE.

I think stating SE has lost millions of fans is . . well it's probably incorrect.

ChaosRage765
27th Aug 2013, 06:00
Ps3 code not active until 2:00am west coast time so east coast time is 6:00am this sucks for a midnight release

Aisell
27th Aug 2013, 20:00
Judging by the forum posts, I take it the official launch of this game has been a joke.

LightningIsAwzhum
27th Aug 2013, 20:16
I'm so happy that I only put $5 down at gamestop for early access. Still getting the world full error, major bull****. I would expect more from you Square Enix, i've never been disappointed in you before because I usually think your games are top notch. After this though, I don't know. I mean, I wanna play the game because I finally discovered a class I like but then again what's the point if your just going to have the worlds full all the time?

Sucks for those who actually purchased it. It's like throwing your money away. Fix your servers, you've had enough time, you went through a beta and through early access. This shouldn't even be an issue. Not even SWTOR was this screwed up on the first few days. This game is going to end up like SWTOR the way it's going which is a shame. It had so much potential.

Teadax
27th Aug 2013, 20:40
Only 5 dollars down you put, hmmm, strong with this one the force is.