PDA

View Full Version : Hitman: Blood Money Error 6005

Dreamscaper
11th Jul 2007, 23:18
:scratch: :confused:
I just recently bought the Hitman Trilogy set for my PC, and all but one of the games installs with no problem. The Blood Money game gives me this error...

"Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
-Close any running programs
-Empty your temporary folder
-Check your Internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run Setup again.

Error code: -6005"

CLICK HERE TO SEE ERROR 6005 (http://www.mixposure.com/galpics/13544.10,840.jpg)

I've tried all 3 of those procedures, and none of them fixed this error. I've also noticed that I'm not the only one who has encountered this problem...

Error 1 - CLICK HERE (http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=Hitman+Blood+Money+error+code%3A++6005&fr=yfp-t-501&u=forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D52018&w=hitman+blood+money+error+errors+code+6005&d=P-Axn-rnO5Iq&icp=1&.intl=us)
Error 2 - CLICK HERE (http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42037)
Error 3 - CLICK HERE (http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33279)

I've looked through all of these problems that these people have had before me, and tried all of their solutions, but still, none of them have worked at all.

Does anyone know about this issue and how to resolve it?:mad2:

Xcom
12th Jul 2007, 08:45
Hi.
Did you try this possible fix from our technical faq:

Before running setup, ensure you have Administrator priviliges on your pc and that Anti-Virus and Firewall software are disabled. If that doesn't help, please open Windows Explorer. If "C" is your system hard drive, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\. Locate "InstallShield" directory and rename it to "Old_InstallShield". Try running setup now.

Dreamscaper
12th Jul 2007, 10:07
I tried disabling ALL my virus and spyware scanners along with my firewall, and then I renamed the original Installshield to "Old_Installshield", and it just made a new one after trying to install only to give me the same error message. And I KNOW I have ALL Administrator options available to me on this computer I'm trying to install this game on.:(

Thanks for the new advice though!

Xcom
12th Jul 2007, 10:39
There is a possibility that the disc is simply damaged. You might consider exchanging it, though it would have been better if you could test it on another computer.

btw, what OS do you have?

Dreamscaper
12th Jul 2007, 11:17
I use XP Service Pack 1 since I can't find the serial # for the disc that has XP OS on it that I original had. So, I have to use an illegit copy of XP causing me to miss important updates like Service Pack 2, which might be the reason this game is not installing like it should. It might need all those updates to run, but it doesn't specify on the packaging if it needs Service Pack 2.:scratch:

Also, the original trilogy that I bought was defective on the first Hitman 2 disc stating that there was a corrupt file. So, if this trilogy pack that I now have is defective too with a different disc being defective, then the batch that I bought this from must've been defective. Man, I've heard of so many of these releases being defective. They sure did rush this release without verifying on a lot of these games to be valid working releases.

Dreamscaper
18th Jul 2007, 11:09
For anyone that cares, I now have everything working. This game runs smoother than I thought. I called Microsoft and explained my problem with me having my OS disc but that I lost the original product code because it was only registered inside my comp not on a physical copy. So, they told me to read off the code that's on top of the XP install disc, and they issued me a new valid product code. That's all I had to do to get my product key back. Then for this game to properly install, I just had to reinstall my OS with my legit copy along with upgrading it to SP2. Everything is now in working order. Thanks to all you guys who helped me!...Greatly appreciated!