PDA

View Full Version : Patch Request

Phelaidar
11th Jul 2007, 19:08
Hello everybody...
way before lauch I've been visiting this forum... reading all the comments...
Really hoping for this game to be great, and it is!
BUT it doesn't matter if it's great or not, it should have some support!
Most games get patches like, 1 week after release, and until now, no patch for TRA. This game is great but has a LOT of bugs. Some bugs even make it impossible to complete the game!
Like the switch bug in St. Francis Folly, the sewer level in Tomb of Tihocan and others (this ones were the ones happened to me)
And there are minor bugs wich you can see a list on tombraiderforums.com
Even though they are minor, people don't like to buy a product with broken pieces...:)

Would be nice to have a patch to fix those bugs....
Thnks!

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 19:12
Welcome to the fourms!

I play on my PS3, so no patches for me. I do agree though, there should be patches for the PC players. Im surrprised there is none yet.

Demarest
12th Jul 2007, 00:00
Welcome to the forums.

Hello everybody...
way before lauch I've been visiting this forum... reading all the comments...You missed this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70658) ;)

This game is great but has a LOT of bugs.Actually, it has ONE bug. And it and its workaround are well-documented.

Some bugs even make it impossible to complete the game!This simply isn't true.

Like the switch bug in St. Francis FollyThat's not a bug. I myself have posted a few times now that there's different ways of bringing the block down and that both ways have ways of getting passed the entrance. The way that's hardest, I've done twice now, so I know it's repeatable.

But yeah, we already have several bug/patch/complaint threads running about. Probably best to keep it all together. Would've gotten you your Damocles fix without posting that it's a bug at all ;)

Lectrician
12th Jul 2007, 01:29
Welcome to the Forums, Phelaidar.

While I personally have not encountered any bugs, I know others have and they do exist. Some would say a workaround should suffice *koff*, but I agree, if something is broke, it should be fixed.

boots
13th Jul 2007, 00:37
Welcome to the forums.Actually, it has ONE bug. And it and its workaround are well-documented.

Actually, no. It has a few bugs aside from that one, although they're not nearly as common. In fact the only reason I'm at these forums to begin with is due to a cutscene bug (which did, actually, make it impossible to complete the game; I had to restart from an entirely new profile twice), and I've seen it happen with both PC and console players. Among other things. And yes, it was a bug, not a "player error".

There is a workaround for that too, however, and if you're lucky you won't encounter it at all. But it isn't correct to say the game only has one bug. Most of the things people claim as bugs tend to be simple game design, but that does not mean there aren't others. It does seem to be less buggy than many other games, though. :thumbsup:

Anyway, Phelaidar, welcome. :D Sorry to hear about your game. Hopefully they'll soon get to work on a patch.

Qbert
13th Jul 2007, 01:30
Another thread on this already? sheesh.

p.s. I doubt they're listening at this point, but go ahead and prove me wrong anyway.

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 01:43
@boots: Would you care to tell us what you're talking about instead of just referring to it? Would make your case easier to follow.

Qbert
13th Jul 2007, 01:52
Was this related to getting the second piece of the scion? I've had a scene skip on me before, but nothing that left me hanging.

boots
13th Jul 2007, 02:10
@boots: Would you care to tell us what you're talking about instead of just referring to it? Would make your case easier to follow.

Certainly, I should have clarified to begin with. In the interactive cutscenes when the option came up to hit one of the buttons, I would get an error... in my case, it was a circle with a line through it that I later found out was what appeared when you pushed the wrong button. Only I never got the chance to push any buttons; the symbol would always appear in place of the regular interactive buttons, and if I tried the right buttons anyway the game would not register it. I've seen others say that they never got any symbols at all. This would result in the game reloading (since she died) but then it would simply happen again.

I got this in the scene just before the t-rex battle, which meant I couldn't fight the t-rex and finish the level. Restarting on a different difficulty level fixed it for me, but it did mean replaying the game from the beginning (luckily, it wasn't actually that far in). I think what touched it off was failing to hit the correct button in time, which is normal, but upon reloading I'm pretty sure it was supposed to let you try again instead of going through the sequence on its own. ;)

I would sometimes get the error in other places after that (specifically I think with Pierre in Tihocan's Tomb), but it didn't tend to loop the way it did initially. A reload usually set it right.

I assume the bug you were referring to was the golden bow bug, by the way?

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 03:33
I assume the bug you were referring to was the golden bow bug, by the way?

Yes, sir.

You are correct that the circle and the slash indicated the wrong button was pressed or that A button was pressed at the wrong time. Which is why if you're getting it, I'd look into that. Not at all to insult your intelligence, but you would not believe how many forum threads I've seen (not here) where the person was mystified that their player was doing something they weren't telling them to. They had a controller plugged in and either it fell behind the desk and a button was pressed or their software for it was bugging and causing the game to interpret commands the player wasn't intending. I honestly don't think that was a bug in the game, but rather something else that was going on at the same time. I could be wrong obviously, but I've seen it SO many time. Including times when I told the person straight up that they needed to unplug their controller. They'd swear up and down they didn't have one plugged in, only later to post that they DID and didn't know it. :nut:

Apart from the Golden Bow bug, the only bug I've heard of that has afflicted multiple people is in the Cistern. IIRC, they've all been PC users, so a quick use of a save file sorted them. I try not to be too harsh on a game company, especially if there IS a viable workaround. These games are the products of many hands in the same pot over a long period of time with testing, revision, repeata, etc. That's why you often find me trying to focus on the brighter side of things.

Anyways, thanks for elaborating :)

boots
13th Jul 2007, 05:57
You are correct that the circle and the slash indicated the wrong button was pressed or that A button was pressed at the wrong time. Which is why if you're getting it, I'd look into that. Not at all to insult your intelligence, but you would not believe how many forum threads I've seen (not here) where the person was mystified that their player was doing something they weren't telling them to. They had a controller plugged in and either it fell behind the desk and a button was pressed or their software for it was bugging and causing the game to interpret commands the player wasn't intending. I honestly don't think that was a bug in the game, but rather something else that was going on at the same time. I could be wrong obviously, but I've seen it SO many time. Including times when I told the person straight up that they needed to unplug their controller. They'd swear up and down they didn't have one plugged in, only later to post that they DID and didn't know it. :nut:

No, I understand. I thought I was doing something wrong at first too, but I made 100% sure that it wasn't anything I was doing by accident or was happening outside of the game itself. Since the error kept looping and preventing me from playing the rest of the game, I had plenty of opportunity to test it. ;) The thing was, I would sometimes (maybe... 1 out of ten times?) get the option to hit the first button as normal and it worked perfectly fine, but then the second button in the sequence would not appear and I'd get the failed symbol in its place. I double and triple checked every connection, configuration, and everything else I could think of, and then I checked them all again. Like I said, most things that are misinterpreted as bugs are usually deliberate designs (like the ammo "bug") or simple mistakes, but I was very careful to narrow it down in my case, and I'm fairly confident it was a bug. I found a few people with the exact same problem, but not much for how to actually fix it (mostly just for the PC). I just wanted to clarify that from your statement. :)

Even with its sometimes incredibly frustrating flaws, I love TRA and I think they did a fantastic job, and if they don't see fit to patch it, well... actually, I don't mind since I couldn't use it anyway. :D

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 12:04
Sounds like you thought of everything.

Between you and me, they could just do away with the interactive cutscenes anyways. I mean, it's neat and all, but it's caused more problems/disappointment than it ever accomplished. Maybe they'll learn for the next one. If not, I'll just push the buttons :)