PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 2 Anniversary

DKJamie
11th Jul 2007, 17:31
Hi everyone, I'm a big fan of Tomb Raider, I loved the first game, and the best part of the first game for me was the T-Rex in level 3 and the Torso in level 15, however I think both areas were a let down in Tomb Raider Anniversary, The T-Rex was not as surprising because of the Movie Intro, and the Torso does not clunk you any more like in the original, well I can't get it to clunk me if it can, the game also has a few bugs, one is in the Midas' Palace, I jumped over the hand, got over it all right, but when I landed I started to turn to gold! I wasn't anywhere near the hand! anyway I hope they do a better job in the Tomb Raider 2 Anniversary, the part I'm looking forward to the most is the Dragon from level 17

Still Love the Games Though, Long Live Lady Croft

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 17:46
Welcome to the fourm. I have noticed there are some minor gitchs in the game but it does not stop me from playing. I love Anniversary.

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:59
Same here; both on the welcome and the grinning and bearing it. Just wanted to add that you don't need to blow up all your text as we can read regular text just fine ;)

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 19:42
I hope they do a better job in the Tomb Raider 2 Anniversary,
Still Love the Games Though, Long Live Lady Croft

Are you telling me they are remaking tomb raider 2???!!!!

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 19:55
I think he/she ment the next game in the series, not nessceraily Anniversary 2

DKJamie
11th Jul 2007, 20:18
Are you telling me they are remaking tomb raider 2???!!!!

I'm hoping they do a remake of Tomb Raider 2, like they did with Tomb Raider Anniversary, by the way Below Zero, I'm male:cool:

TR4ever
11th Jul 2007, 20:40
I also what TR2 remake, remake not reimagining!!

Werner Von Croy
11th Jul 2007, 20:43
The dragon i can't wait for either that's if CD decide to make another remake i really hope they do as well :D Be interesting to see an updated version of Maria Dorie, and Temple of Xian

Danieru
11th Jul 2007, 21:08
It will be very intresting to see all the levels of TR2 updated....and all the vehicles that Lara used !!!

:D

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 22:20
tr 2 is my all time favourite, if it was remade id be over the moon!!!

DKJamie
12th Jul 2007, 15:35
I wonder what they would call the game, other than Tomb Raider 2 Anniversary?

Below Zero
12th Jul 2007, 17:35
I dont know.

illithid8
12th Jul 2007, 18:26
The next game probably won't be another remake.

TR4ever
12th Jul 2007, 18:54
The dragon i can't wait for either that's if CD decide to make another remake i really hope they do as well :D Be interesting to see an updated version of Maria Dorie, and Temple of Xian

I also love those two levels plus the Monastery, Ice Palace is awsome too i think Temple of Xian is my all time favourite level it was very hard.

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 01:58

I don't think they would call it Anniversary at all. They only called TRA that because it was a celebration of a decade and a tribute to the fans. I REALLY hope they remake TR2. I would LOVE to see what they do to the Maria Dora and others. But what would they call it? Good question. TR2 Revisited? TR2 2008?

boots
13th Jul 2007, 02:18
Tomb Raider II: I Know It's Not Our Anniversary But I Got You Something Special Anyway.

I'd buy it.

Mertz523
13th Jul 2007, 02:46
Tomb Raider II: I Know It's Not Our Anniversary But I Got You Something Special Anyway.

I'd buy it.

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

They could release it upon the 15th anniversary of the franchise and simply call it:

Lara Croft Tomb Raider II: Anniversary

I'm all for it. All the references to TR2 in the TRA mansion's books gave me chills.

TR4ever
13th Jul 2007, 11:17

I'd buy it.

:lol: :lol: I would buy it too:lol: :lol:

LisaB1962
13th Jul 2007, 16:28
I'd buy it too! :D

lara's_bro
13th Jul 2007, 16:42
(jumps on the band wagon) i'd buy it too:D

i didn't play the original TR2 so i hope they remake it, i hope they remake all of them. that would be sweet :p

Johnny
13th Jul 2007, 17:26
I highly doubt CD will remake TR2 although it would be a real treat! Then again, if they remake TR2, why not just remake the entire series? :scratch:

dcw123
13th Jul 2007, 18:25
Actually, they MIGHT as in an interview CD said they would LIKE to remake Venice. So it is possible..
Did you know that OFFICIALLY TR2 was considered the best out of TR1,2 and 3! It was my fav too...

Mertz523
13th Jul 2007, 18:30
Actually, they MIGHT as in an interview CD said they would LIKE to remake Venice. So it is possible..
Did you know that OFFICIALLY TR2 was considered the best out of TR1,2 and 3! It was my fav too...

Likewise

L4dy Croft
13th Jul 2007, 18:35
well yhey could release it next year as it is the 10th anniversary of TRII next year :P

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 20:26
well yhey could release it next year as it is the 10th anniversary of TRII next year :p

*crosses fingers and hopes* Maybe I'm all geeked because I haven't played Legend yet, but I REALLY like the new engine. I feel they did a pretty marvelous job on TRA and think that between that, TR2's potential, and learning from their mistakes, it could be really spectacular.

Hippie
13th Jul 2007, 23:00
The next game probably won't be another remake.

Yeh, I don't think it will be either. And as sentimental as I am about the old games, I'd rather see a new story. Maybe find out what happened to Lara's mother, and maybe what happened to her father. This new series is a lot more personal for her.

Danieru
24th Jul 2007, 20:38
I'd buy it too....

It would be a hard task to design the Temple of Xian with realistic environment.... the stage has a bizarre places from time to time.

:nut:

ElevenTR
24th Jul 2007, 21:50

TOMB RAIDER

IN PURSUIT OF XIAN

ElevenTR
24th Jul 2007, 21:51
Yeh, I don't think it will be either. And as sentimental as I am about the old games, I'd rather see a new story. Maybe find out what happened to Lara's mother, and maybe what happened to her father. This new series is a lot more personal for her.

we find out what happened to her father in the movies - i dont think theyd bother changing that.

aussie500
25th Jul 2007, 02:44
Still patiently waiting to see if Tomb Raider Anniversary 2 turns up in 2008 or 2009, l would love to have an opportunity to play a remake in next gen graphics :)

ElevenTR
25th Jul 2007, 09:10
Still patiently waiting to see if Tomb Raider Anniversary 2 turns up in 2008 or 2009, l would love to have an opportunity to play a remake in next gen graphics :)

well its Legend: continued thats coming out (hopefully) in 2008/2009. As much as id like to have TOMB RAIDER II remade, its not likely. Anniversary was madeto celebrate 10 years of Tomb Raider. We dont need a game to celebrate 13 years of Tomb Raider!!! :lol:

boots
25th Jul 2007, 10:49
We dont need a game to celebrate 13 years of Tomb Raider!!! :lol:

Says who? :rasp:

Oh and as for re: her father, haven't they already changed a number of things anyway? I don't see why they couldn't, and besides I don't think the movies and the reboot are connected (aside from the father's name, I think; but I haven't seen the movies in a while, so I may be wrong.)

Mangar The Dark
25th Jul 2007, 12:31
If they do remake TR2, I seriously hope they do it better than the original. The original TR2 was easily the biggest disappointment in the entire TR series.

As for the T-Rex not being a surprise.... of COURSE it wasn't a surprise! Everyone already KNEW the T-Rex would be there in the Lost Valley. I think it had less to do with it being a movie intro, and more to do with the fact that it was a remake, so we already knew what to expect. If you never played TR1 and knew nothing about it, I'm sure seeing that cinematic would be quite a nice surprise, and a hell of a lot more dramatic than it was in the original.

ElevenTR
25th Jul 2007, 13:31
Says who? :rasp:

Oh and as for re: her father, haven't they already changed a number of things anyway? I don't see why they couldn't, and besides I don't think the movies and the reboot are connected (aside from the father's name, I think; but I haven't seen the movies in a while, so I may be wrong.)

they havent revealed anything about nher father in the games - only in the movie.

Joshorty
25th Jul 2007, 15:59
...however I think both areas were a let down in Tomb Raider Anniversary, The T-Rex was not as surprising because of the Movie Intro, and the Torso does not clunk you any more like in the original....[/B]
I totally know what you mean. Although I must admit, even I got scared from the cutscene though what I really thought was really similar to you, in thinking that the movie cutscene took away the fear....

REally I LOVE the way they do the scenes - it's SUPERB (like really as if they should be the ones directing the TOMB RAIDER MOVIE;)) though as in a game...

This is why TOMB RAIDER I is still my favourite no matter what...

exmachinad
26th Jul 2007, 01:59
the game also has a few bugs, one is in the Midas' Palace, I jumped over the hand, got over it all right, but when I landed I started to turn to gold! I wasn't anywhere near the hand!

erm... why did u jumped OVER the hand anyway? :eek:

I mean, there's absolutely no need to jump over the hand to get to the ground. :D

Joshorty
26th Jul 2007, 04:17

I mean, there's absolutely no need to jump over the hand to get to the ground. :D

Doesn't matter what the reason is - shouldn't have happened anyway. :(

ElevenTR
26th Jul 2007, 09:28
Doesn't matter what the reason is - shouldn't have happened anyway. :(

well yeah you must have tripped the 'forcefield' surrounding the hand - if you trip it, you turn to gold! or if its that much of a problem, imagine to yourself that her foot brushed the side of the hand!!! ;)

Joshorty
26th Jul 2007, 14:36
O what I meant though is that what if you actually completely jump over it:(? I did that with my guns out (yes I was facing the gorillas at that point:D) and then I was turned to gold-_-...

DKJamie
31st Jul 2007, 10:16

I was trying to get on the hand (to turn to gold) but jumped over it insted, but then i landed on the ground and started to turn to gold.

RitaG18
31st Jul 2007, 10:51
I'd really love to see TRII remake and I hope they'll do it right after TRLII. It's my favorite TR :)

Squishy
31st Jul 2007, 15:08
TRII rmake would be soooo coool, I couldnt wait for this one to come out :D