PDA

View Full Version : help in Peru

johnnorman
11th Jul 2007, 16:41
Hi

I have gotten problems figuring out how to get through the big door that are at the end of the "shooting gallery". The door I am thinking about is (in case there are more) are the one where the cross-bar get stucked even though you have managed to free the two vertical bars and are stepping on the "magic" floor.

How do I open this damm door.....

Hope you can help a new Lara Croft.....

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 16:47
Are you on the part where theres a big door and in front of it theres a floor plate you can step on?

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 17:05
By the way, Welcome to the fourms!

Ok, so the objective is to unlock the door so you can go though.

You start off by going to the left side first. As you see theres a left passage way, but dont go there yet. You have to jump on the big lock on the right of you to bring it all the way down first. After you do that you have to hurry because you are timed on this part. Now that the first lock is open go though the passage way on the left and draw weapons because theres wolfs to take care of. Continue on though the passage way untill you reach the horizontal poles. Jump on them to go to the other side. From there go down the passage way, like you did before till you reach the second lock. Jump on it to lower it, then jump down the ledge to your left. Step on the plate and the door should open. Good luck

**Renember to go quickly, because if you dont unlock both locks within a time limit then you have to start over because they lock up agian.*** I know it sound confusing, but its not that hard after you get what you have to do. You can do it!! Raid on!!

johnnorman
11th Jul 2007, 17:15
Hi

Thanks for the help. I however done that - killed both the wolfs and I have been down stepping on the "magic floor" but the horizontal bar just do not move all the way, it kind of stop. So I have managed to free the 2 vertical bars in the way you described but the horizontal bar.... that is killing me...

Ms New Lara

mangina
11th Jul 2007, 17:18
I had the same thing happen to me. I ended up having to reload the level to get it to open for me. Some kind of minor glitch or something I assume.

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:24
I have gotten problems figuring out how to get through the big door that are at the end of the "shooting gallery".You mean Mountain Caves, not Peru.

Actually, there's no need to rush at all. Say you do the one closest to you first and it resets before you can pull the second one. Well once you pull the second one, all you need to do is hop down and climb up the other side and pull the first one again. Which they move VERY slow anyways, so it's really not a problem. Just when you go to unlock the door by standing on the plate, pay VERY close attention to the cutscene that follows ;)

johnnorman
11th Jul 2007, 17:32
I will try again and see what happens...

Thanks for the help so far....

xxx New Lara Croft

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 17:42
After you unlock one, it starts to make a clicking noise. You have to unlock both locks before that clicking noise stops- If that helps you any. Good luck

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:58
After you unlock one, it starts to make a clicking noise. You have to unlock both locks before that clicking noise stops- If that helps you any. Good luck

Unlocking both just means you get two clicking sounds at different pitches. Standing on the pressure plate and opening the doors stops the clicking noise.

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 19:03
When I unlocked the first one, the clicking noise started. When I unlocked both locks, and I steped on the plate it stoped.

UTWarden
11th Jul 2007, 19:35
When I unlocked the first one, the clicking noise started. When I unlocked both locks, and I steped on the plate it stopped.

Then you go get the relic!

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 19:36
Yup

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 19:44
You mean Mountain Caves, not Peru.

thats just rude

Lectrician
11th Jul 2007, 20:00
meh...just let that slide, Vilcabamba.

I find it best to open the one on the right side of you as you are facing teh door, which means you have to climb the left side and make your way around, over the hallway you came in on. ONce that one is open, hop down and go back up the left side to open that one. Then hurry to the pressure plate.

Demarest
12th Jul 2007, 00:09
thats just rudeI was talking about the topic. You're talking about one of the posters on this forum. I stated a fact. You stated an opinion. I didn't realize stating a true, on-topic fact was rude. :whistle:

Vilcabamba
12th Jul 2007, 10:05
I was talking about the topic. You're talking about one of the posters on this forum. I stated a fact. You stated an opinion. I didn't realize stating a true, on-topic fact was rude. :whistle:

right.............. have you seen die hard 4.0 yet............................... ha

johnnorman
12th Jul 2007, 15:35
thanks so much for the help - now I am through, the next thing is to kill that bear with as few shots as possible!!

xxx Lara

Demarest
12th Jul 2007, 15:50
thanks so much for the help - now I am through, the next thing is to kill that bear with as few shots as possible!!

xxx LaraCongrats. Since you don't have the shotgun at that point, the trick with that bear is to Adrenaline Dodge backwards.

Below Zero
12th Jul 2007, 17:33
No problem at all. Congrats.

anamika
17th Jul 2007, 14:55
Hi

I have gotten problems figuring out how to get through the big door and get the relics/artifact which is present on the left side of the big door on the wall.
please help

Towel
18th Jul 2007, 04:18
right.............. have you seen die hard 4.0 yet............................... ha

thats off topic
:rasp: :rasp:

rabid metro
18th Jul 2007, 04:23
... get the relics/artifact which is present on the left side of the big door ...

hmmm ??? ...

you see a shiny thingy high up on a ledge which is to the RIGHT of the big door (as you are facing the big door, in the place mentioned at the start of this thread). :cool:

did you notice that the left/right mechanisms for unlocking the door are not symmetrical? that's as much of a clue as i'm going to give ...
i hope you figure things out without spoilers ...
BTW, i sort of accidentally stumbled onto the right move sequence ...
it makes sense to me now, but there's no foreshadowing for the needed move and i wonder if people can really figure this out ...
i'm sure someone will post a spoiler here before long, sooooo ...

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 04:34
I assume you mean the one that signifies the end of Mountain Caves? If so: When both weights are up and you step on the weight plate, the animation first shows a wooden shelf above the doors with a horizontal pole sticking out of it move forward. You could get to that point before (explanation below), but the bar wasn't sticking out far enough to grab. Now it is.

Facing the door, head up the left like you did before. Go all the way around to where you went to grab the right weight. When you jump back from the wall, there is a horizontal poll that when you hit it, Lara's momentum causes it to pivot 90 degrees. Well when you jump back from the wall, press whatever direction is beyond that pole (down by default) and as soon as she grabs the pole, starting pressing Jump. The pole will begin to pivot, but instead of staying on it Lara, will jump off the pole and grab the ledge that leads up to the horizontal pole that stuck out when you opened the door.