PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are gonna have to do the game again?

UTWarden
11th Jul 2007, 16:21
I know I am, to get more of the unlockables and improve on my time. My times are AWEFUL.

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 16:25
I know I will have to.

Mangar The Dark
11th Jul 2007, 17:07
I'll play it through a second time. I missed a LOT of the rewards, and I'd like to listen to the commentaries, so it's worth giving it another go. But, I still need to finish exploring the manor, and then I'll put it aside for a while. When I go back to it, I want it to feel somewhat fresh again. I played TR1 in 1997, and then didn't play it again until 2007, so who knows... it could be another ten years before I play TRA again!

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:26
Have to? I've played through a good six times because I WANTED to! A person only really "has to" play the game three times. Once to complete the game and/or grab artifacts and relics as able, once for time trials, and once for commentaries. The last two aren't even required. As for missed objects, you can Replay Level and even then, only up to the point where the artifact/relic was because picking it up counts in your profile whether you complete that level or not.

Tomb Radar
11th Jul 2007, 17:28
I played through it once and got all artifacts/relics in that run. I finished it for the second time yesterday, which I only did to listen to the commentaries. :)

UTWarden
11th Jul 2007, 17:44
Have to? I've played through a good six times because I WANTED to! A person only really "has to" play the game three times. Once to complete the game and/or grab artifacts and relics as able, once for time trials, and once for commentaries. The last two aren't even required. As for missed objects, you can Replay Level and even then, only up to the point where the artifact/relic was because picking it up counts in your profile whether you complete that level or not.

where I was headed with this is to get better times an rewards, I know with myself I learn as the game goes on, "Have to" was a poor set of words Wanted is right set of words. :)

Damn english majors! :) :rasp:

*honey*
11th Jul 2007, 20:03
i have to i just cant do lost valley! (10 more seconds thats all i ask!)

Lectrician
11th Jul 2007, 20:18
i have to i just cant do lost valley! (10 more seconds thats all i ask!)

I am guilty of going there just to repeatedly dive from the platform:)

Astara
12th Jul 2007, 04:30
I know I am, to get more of the unlockables and improve on my time. My times are AWEFUL.

Surely if you've finished the game they can't be that bad -- the time trials are pretty fast -- if you've completed the game it seems you'd have all those good times from the time trials...

UTWarden
12th Jul 2007, 04:52
Surely if you've finished the game they can't be that bad -- the time trials are pretty fast -- if you've completed the game it seems you'd have all those good times from the time trials...

hehe no I haven't finished it YET. Working on it though, I tend to be slower than the avg.

naraku
12th Jul 2007, 06:51
I play many times just to get those relics and artifacts. But those time trials.:(
never liked the things. Ever since TR2 at the mansion I don't see a purpose for them. If the game is suppose to be about skill.

I want to immerse myself in it and find something new around every corner.

The time trials just make me feel rushed. Not that I can't cut it. Its just my fingers get blisters after it's over. My digits need time to breathe and cool.

Below Zero
12th Jul 2007, 12:20
I never liked the time trials either.

Werner Von Croy
12th Jul 2007, 12:26
Completed Easy mode with all artifacts but had to go back and get them, so cheated deleted the TRA saves on memory card and started all over again, got all artifacts, relics first time around (When replayed) did time trials up to Lost Island so had various cheats to complete medium/hard mode, my advice get the peru time trials out of way that way you get unlimited calber pistols which makes Hard mode feel like a breeze :D

Below Zero
12th Jul 2007, 12:37
Thanks for the advice.

Shaidester
12th Jul 2007, 13:41
I did play Anniversary over and over, about four times now it has been... By now, I have memorized all of the puzzles, and I am sure I could cut down my time trial scores by at least 1/4 lol :$. I just wish it was more longer ;(. I never played easy mode yet, but I've played medium, hard, and time trial (of course).

Lectrician
12th Jul 2007, 13:46
the difference between easy, medium and hard is basically how much damage she takes in combat, correct?

I may be wierd, but I play this game more for the running around and looking at stuff, finding ways to get from A to B. Combat, while fun at times, is not why I play. So I play on easy to get that stuff out of the way.

If I am missing out on anything other than combat difficulty, let me know. Am I missing puzzles or anything by playing on easy?

Werner Von Croy
12th Jul 2007, 13:57
the difference between easy, medium and hard is basically how much damage she takes in combat, correct?

I may be wierd, but I play this game more for the running around and looking at stuff, finding ways to get from A to B. Combat, while fun at times, is not why I play. So I play on easy to get that stuff out of the way.

If I am missing out on anything other than combat difficulty, let me know. Am I missing puzzles or anything by playing on easy?

100% correct i don't know if i am seeing things either but in hard mode the timing puzzles are a lot shorter :scratch: your not missing anything else the puzzles etc are still the same in Hard mode as it is on easy.

Mangar The Dark
12th Jul 2007, 15:12

Completely agree with you! I played on Easy mode too. Getting mauled to death while I'm trying to explore and solve puzzles is not why I play TR.

LisaB1962
12th Jul 2007, 15:25
I never play games on harder modes unless there's an unlockable I simply MUST have.

Lara Cruz
12th Jul 2007, 15:37
I just have. Just completed it 100%.
Unfortunatly, the Time trials ruined any sense of replay value for me. St. Francis folly is boring now, wich is a huge shame :(

Demarest
12th Jul 2007, 15:40
I did play Anniversary over and over, about four times now it has been... By now, I have memorized all of the puzzles, and I am sure I could cut down my time trial scores by at least 1/4 lol :$. I just wish it was more longer ;(.If it was longer, you wouldn't have been able to play it four times by now ;) And I think a lot of people neglect to consider that Lara is twice as easy to manuever in the Legend engine.

the difference between easy, medium and hard is basically how much damage she takes in combat, correct?Not entirely. How easily she'll grab ledges is altered slightly.

I played on Easy the first time just because I was new to the engine. Since then, I've played through on Hard with no cheating of any kind. It's quite easy because the checkpoint system means you almost never have to use a Medipak.

Squishy
12th Jul 2007, 21:27
I'm collecting all the relics and artifacts on the way so its just the time trials i have to worry about :eek:

boots
12th Jul 2007, 23:50
So far I've gotten all the secrets (artifacts and relics) except for I think two, because... I haven't finished the game yet. I made sure to pick them all up on my first run through and I'm glad I did, even though some were rather difficult. Something in the game brings out my OCD in ways the originals didn't. I never tried to get all the secrets in any of them.

I'm still going to replay the whole thing just to replay it, though, and I mean a fresh replay with a new profile and everything. Probably more than once. And then there's the commentaries, which get multiple listenings. :cool:

I started my first play through on easy, but continued in normal since I had to start over. I'm probably just going to stick to easy since I prefer the exploring aspect, and playing on hard doesn't really reap any specific benefits other than saying you played it on hard.

KingAmax27
13th Jul 2007, 23:20
LOL i Have to.. it took me 25 hours. and chanqe, DAMN THE CROFT MANOR LIBRARY!!! lol took me forever to ESCAPE!!!!

Astara
14th Jul 2007, 04:26
100% correct i don't know if i am seeing things either but in hard mode the timing puzzles are a lot shorter :scratch: your not missing anything else the puzzles etc are still the same in Hard mode as it is on easy.
If it hasn't changed, there are some timer values that get shorter based on difficulty. The time that you have from when Lara starts flaying after a jump till she falls. Like when she is hanging by one hand, you have press the "engage" button so she grabs it with both hands. A similar issue added to TRA is when she gets unbalanced standing on a post or the tip of something, I'm guessing -- the time before she falls, for example, maybe 4 seconds on Easy, 3 on Medium, 2 on difficult.

A*a

NightRain'06
16th Jul 2007, 05:17
Well, I have beaten the game but missed relics and artifacts from most of the levels. Therefore, I'll have to intentionally make time to try and collect them all. Though, I know that by doing Time Trials they'll unlock certain things. But I think I'll skip that.

Actually, I've been trying to collect ONE stinking relic from Mountain Caves level but I just can't figure out how to get it. [Sighs...] I know it's right before entering the gate at the end. I've located it but can't seem to find a way up there. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

UTWarden
16th Jul 2007, 20:18
Well, I have beaten the game but missed relics and artifacts from most of the levels. Therefore, I'll have to intentionally make time to try and collect them all. Though, I know that by doing Time Trials they'll unlock certain things. But I think I'll skip that.

Actually, I've been trying to collect ONE stinking relic from Mountain Caves level but I just can't figure out how to get it. [Sighs...] I know it's right before entering the gate at the end. I've located it but can't seem to find a way up there. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

took me a while to see it too, your not alone.

Mertz523
16th Jul 2007, 20:24
If I had more time, yeah, I would go back and listen to the rest of the commentaries and get the relics and artifacts I missed.

I loved this game. I wanna play again, grrrrrr.

:mad2: