PDA

View Full Version : She won't pick up the artifact!

ViewtifulIsh
11th Jul 2007, 14:52
Yes you read right and not only that she won't pick up the shotgun ammo either but some people said because of too much ammo, well i didn'y have too much. And like I said she won't pcik up the artifact, couldn't unlock everything, Yipee!
And, now I just noticed another thing which I believed was jsut the way developers made the game! The water has no colour, absolutely transparent. At one point Iwas puzzled about how to continue since I didn't realise there was water. So could someone please help me!

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 15:02
Welcome to the fourms! I dont know how I can help you because I never heard of this poblem. If you play on the PC it might be a glitch of some sort.
Sorry I could not help you, Good luck trying to find out whats wrong.

ViewtifulIsh
11th Jul 2007, 16:06
btw u knw how i can get the like admin or moderator to see this thread since they working at eidos might be able to get like help from cd or eidos thanks anywyas

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 16:09
Find a moderator on this fourm and send him/her a private message explaining your problem. Thats only way I can think of.

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:44
Moderator of a forum is usually not a paid job. I wouldn't be so sure that they work for Eidos just because they moderate this forum. Though it's certainly possible.

Tell us a bit more about your setup. Like what platform you're on. If it's PC, is it a legit game? What's your hardware? Things like that. Because I've never heard of this at all. The water shouldn't be invisible and the non-ammo items should be able to be picked up at any time. Are you sure you're close enough and facing the item? Did you mix and match saves and profiles?

ViewtifulIsh
11th Jul 2007, 17:52
Moderator of a forum is usually not a paid job. I wouldn't be so sure that they work for Eidos just because they moderate this forum. Though it's certainly possible.

Tell us a bit more about your setup. Like what platform you're on. If it's PC, is it a legit game? What's your hardware? Things like that. Because I've never heard of this at all. The water shouldn't be invisible and the non-ammo items should be able to be picked up at any time. Are you sure you're close enough and facing the item? Did you mix and match saves and profiles?

ok here it goes:

Legit game from rubbish amazon which supposed to come at 23rd june but came like 1st july yipee
my pc:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz
1x1GB Kingston DDR2 667Mhz RAM
1x512MB Kingston DDR2 667MHz RAM
400GB SATAII SAMSUNG HDD
256MB GeForce 7300LE Graphics Card PCI Express x16
And yeah thats it.

no mixee savegames profiles blah blah,, simple one savegame. reall annoys me cause i cant get all artifacts to unlock stuff u knw?!

ViewtifulIsh
12th Jul 2007, 09:13
ok here it goes:

Legit game from rubbish amazon which supposed to come at 23rd june but came like 1st july yipee
my pc:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz
1x1GB Kingston DDR2 667Mhz RAM
1x512MB Kingston DDR2 667MHz RAM
400GB SATAII SAMSUNG HDD
256MB GeForce 7300LE Graphics Card PCI Express x16
And yeah thats it.

no mixee savegames profiles blah blah,, simple one savegame. reall annoys me cause i cant get all artifacts to unlock stuff u knw?!

oh yeah and i was like riight on top of it and stuff and also my o/s:
win xp pro sp2 full updates n stuff this problem only recently came whereas the water was always transparent my comp fairly new only like got it in easter holidays which after that i got virus and on the 10th june was reformatted and n stuff so only lilke.. a month since using it properly n game got like 30th june

aussie500
12th Jul 2007, 10:28
And have you actually got water effects and reflections enabled in the game options? Which artifact would Lara not pick up and how much ammo did you have for the shotgun when you could not pick up the ammo.

Vilcabamba
12th Jul 2007, 10:32
Did you try posting on the technical probs forum?? i should imagine they would know the answer??

Vilcabamba
12th Jul 2007, 10:40
i juat had a look, if you go to the anniversary tech forum, the first post sais first aid... go in there, there is a section about geforce graphic cards, about disabling the full screen effects, if your having problems with the visuals. ie the water being transparent

im not sure it relates specificly to your graphic card though,

but it definatly looks like thats the place to go

:)

ViewtifulIsh
12th Jul 2007, 12:42
i juat had a look, if you go to the anniversary tech forum, the first post sais first aid... go in there, there is a section about geforce graphic cards, about disabling the full screen effects, if your having problems with the visuals. ie the water being transparent

im not sure it relates specificly to your graphic card though,

but it definatly looks like thats the place to go

:)

thanks alot guys for the help just like to ask also where this tech prob forum is and yes all my options are enabled my comp is quite good as u might see so no reason in having to disable any options

LisaB1962
16th Jul 2007, 17:20
Well, I just ran into this on the PS2. Decided to replay Lost Valley to get the remaining artifact and relic. Trouble is, my inventory shows I missed BOTH artifacts.

Which isn't a problem in theory. I mean, I know where the one I already found is, but the artifact isn't there. The glow is, but no artifact. Tried to make her pick up the "glow" but nothing.

So I can't get the artifact I've already found once, and my inventory still shows me missing one. :confused:

Demarest
16th Jul 2007, 17:32
@LisaB: You won't be able to get 100% without starting a new profile :(

ElevenTR
Yes you read right and not only that she won't pick up the shotgun ammo either but some people said because of too much ammo, well i didn'y have too much. And like I said she won't pcik up the artifact, couldn't unlock everything, Yipee!
And, now I just noticed another thing which I believed was jsut the way developers made the game! The water has no colour, absolutely transparent. At one point Iwas puzzled about how to continue since I didn't realise there was water. So could someone please help me!

SCIENCE LESSON:::

its actually transluscent - transparent means completely see-through, transluscent means slightly blurred! and on my game its blue water.

Towel
yea that lvl was Pretty Glitchy For me, Like when i Sawm down the Hole To pull the Lever I could see where there should be a lever there wasnt So She Drowned I jumpt Back down there and there Was the Lever?.

LisaB1962
16th Jul 2007, 17:59
@LisaB: You won't be able to get 100% without starting a new profile :(

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I'm hosed. It's tough to get really mad---the game was only $30---but I can't help but this is a by-product of the "too clever for any good use" checkpoint system.

ViewtifulIsh
16th Jul 2007, 19:44
translucent means not transparent but allowing light through look it up in the dictionary and i said it is transparent completely you wouldn't realise at all what so ever it was water unless u jumped in. and its not just there its in every level u know where the midas statue is up level there is a small stream of water i never knew there was water until i saw it in the online walkthrough ill post an image tommorow right now its 11am not bothered to go back in play

Demarest
16th Jul 2007, 23:27
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I'm hosed. It's tough to get really mad---the game was only $30---but I can't help but this is a by-product of the "too clever for any good use" checkpoint system.

No, it's a product of their segmented way of storing progress. The game is replayable and they have to make certain sacrifices to pull that off well. For example, a save will store info about the stage you're on, including which pickups you've not yet received. Artifact state however are stored in the profile. So it's possible (on PC where you can swap out such things) to be playing a mix-matched save and profile and have an artifact you've already collected still show up and one you haven't not show up at all. It shouldn't be this way. There are other exploits as a result of their use of multiple files to track essentially the same thing too.

LisaB1962
17th Jul 2007, 17:34
Heh, easy for you to say. I'm still sitting here having to replay the game without any of the rewards I've already earned. ;)

The sad thing is, I was enjoying the replay quite nicely. Adrenaline dodge was much easier the second time around and I loved using the catsuit. :(

ElevenTR
17th Jul 2007, 18:30
translucent means not transparent but allowing light through look it up in the dictionary and i said it is transparent completely you wouldn't realise at all what so ever it was water unless u jumped in. and its not just there its in every level u know where the midas statue is up level there is a small stream of water i never knew there was water until i saw it in the online walkthrough ill post an image tommorow right now its 11am not bothered to go back in play

oh i thought the water might have been slightly visible - sorry! lol

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 04:17
Heh, easy for you to say. I'm still sitting here having to replay the game without any of the rewards I've already earned. ;)

The sad thing is, I was enjoying the replay quite nicely. Adrenaline dodge was much easier the second time around and I loved using the catsuit. :(

Should've bought the PC version. I'm working on ways to tweak this and that about such things ;)

ViewtifulIsh
18th Jul 2007, 05:45
http://pcplanet.cjb.net/tranowater.jpg
this one is from where the midas statue is if u go back n play u see loads of water me nothing
http://pcplanet.cjb.net/tranowater2.jpg
this one in midas level where the fire thingies are slight tint but no water though just the items are tinted slightly.

ViewtifulIsh
18th Jul 2007, 05:47
btw demarest how did you do those custom outfits in tra or how can you get them they're quite cool can u do on a legit game???

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 15:10
In the future, if you need to add to your post a couple minutes later, just edit ;)

For your modding questions, regard the modding thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68346). Once you get the hang of doing it, visit tombraiderforums's pinned direct download thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=96321). There, you'll find TOO MANY outfits to choose from.

ViewtifulIsh
18th Jul 2007, 15:39
thanks 4 the tip

ill check that place out
btw did u see the img wot do u think

hey btw i got into that modding blah blah blah but i have a problem u knw in texmod when u gta press the + and - buttons to select here outfit i get to select everything except the outfit i seleect the shoes face eyes and even teeth plzb help

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 15:57
thanks 4 the tip

ill cehk that palc out by the wya
btw did u see the img wot do u think

I have no idea what you just said. Please post again in English.

LisaB1962
18th Jul 2007, 16:55
Should've bought the PC version. I'm working on ways to tweak this and that about such things ;)

LOL. The mere fact that a "non-official programmer" needs to create tweaks to get the PC version to behave properly does not instill me with regret for not buying the PC version. :D (Although some of the modded outfits do.;) )

I guess this is payback for having glitch-free POPs and GOW experiences. Those two series are glitch-ridden, it seems, yet I never ran into any (even on the old fat PS2 with GOW. :scratch:) *shakes fist at karma*

Demarest
18th Jul 2007, 17:54
Not needs to; Is ABLE to. Something you can't say about a console ;) Wouldn't you prefer the ability to just go *plink, now I have that artifact* instead of being screwed until you start a whole new profile? :p

LisaB1962
18th Jul 2007, 21:12
No, I'd prefer for things to work. :D And with more diligent testing it probably would. The nice thing about a console is that there's only one configuration to test for opposed to the limitless possible configs for a PC. I understand PC problems because it's virtually impossible to replicate every possible je ne sais quoi the game might run on. Console--- heck, not even multi-platform console--glitches I have much less patience with.

Demarest
19th Jul 2007, 02:45
Ah, a common fallacy usually perpetuated by console clingers. Not saying you're perpetuating it, but it looks like you've fallen for it.

That PC's can be built in infinite configuration explains why WINDOWS can be buggy. Video games however are nuetered. That's what DirectX is for. It allows developers to program for "one" machine and DirectX acts as an interpreter, in conjunction with a devices driver, to issue the appropriate commands to the vastly different hardware.

Also, I think you underestimate how much time/money/effort IS put into testing. Have you watched the credits? It is unfathomable how many people had a hand in the production of this game. That many hands in the same pot over an extended period of time... It's entirely realistic that something gets overlooked. Or how about the things that worked yesterday when it was tested extensively, but changes were made today by a different department that makes it not work?

Eidos has a spotty track record. But this game is very well made. Besides, when I was talking about the power of PC's, I wasn't talking necessity. We CAN. The option alone is where the power is. For example, I have a dozen skins I like to use. How about you? ;) I assure you that skinning is just the tip of the iceberg.

I did want to get off-topic for a moment if I may. You are certainly one of the easier people to talk with around here. I just wanted to thank you for not taking the usual route of letting our difference of opinion turning us into enemies. It's both noticed and appreciated :)

ViewtifulIsh
19th Jul 2007, 06:03
YUP I DUNNO WOT I WAS SAYING I BIT SLEEPY THEN:
i meant did u see the img i posted wot do u think about the transparent water and i wanted to say
that i couldnt get the modding to work becoz with texmod where u have to press + and - buttons to choose her outfit i only managed to choose her boots and skin and parts of body except the outfit any tips or somethin

LisaB1962
19th Jul 2007, 19:10
Ah, a common fallacy usually perpetuated by console clingers. Not saying you're perpetuating it, but it looks like you've fallen for it.

Well, if every thread in the technical forum didn't wind up with some dicussion about PC specifics, I might agree with you.;) And that doesn't change the fact that console versions should be easier to test.

Also, I think you underestimate how much time/money/effort IS put into testing.

No, I don't. But I do believe this was a "bargain" title since no effort was made to fix the Legend bugs. But it was priced as a bargain. I definitely got my thirty bucks worth and am hopeful the next "new" game will be a real Tomb Raider game.

Or how about the things that worked yesterday when it was tested extensively, but changes were made today by a different department that makes it not work?

But that's not an valid excuse. Face it, if I bought a stove that suddenly didn't work right, and that was the reason given, I'd be getting my money back or a new stove. Mistakes happen, sure, but in video games it's definitely caveat emptor. As you say with PC versions you may get some support(either official or from clever dudes like yourself,) but console versions are pretty much stuck. That may change with the new online console gaming though. I think we'll see many more "fixes" for console games available for download.

The option alone is where the power is. For example, I have a dozen skins I like to use. How about you? ;) I assure you that skinning is just the tip of the iceberg.

I completely agree with you, but one must have a certain interest to exploit those advantages. As a mom of three, my exploitation time is limited, and there's other games I have to play for the first time to keep up with my boys. :cool:

You are certainly one of the easier people to talk with around here. I just wanted to thank you for not taking the usual route of letting our difference of opinion turning us into enemies. It's both noticed and appreciated :)

Great minds . . . . you know the rest. :cool:

Demarest
19th Jul 2007, 20:36
But that's not an valid excuse. Face it, if I bought a stove that suddenly didn't work right, and that was the reason given, I'd be getting my money back or a new stove. Mistakes happen, sure, but in video games it's definitely caveat emptor. As you say with PC versions you may get some support(either official or from clever dudes like yourself,) but console versions are pretty much stuck. That may change with the new online console gaming though. I think we'll see many more "fixes" for console games available for download.

We're of slightly different minds here, but you certainly have a valid point. Where I differ in opinion is that a stove's application is finite in scope. What are we talking about here? A whole new virtual world where you are more or less free to do as you choose. I saw a time trial video of the Coliseum being done where the person bypassed almost the entire stage by whipping out his guns and rolling towards some debris in the way. Despite not at all being able to climb/scale it, the roll goes off without a hitch. And according to the person executing it, your framerate will actually determine whether or not it will be pulled off. How glitchy is that?

Crouching, sneaking, guns out or not, being knocked back by an enemy, etc etc. There's so many places you can be under different circumstances. They couldn't possibly test every one. Take the infamou Bow glitch for example. I can't think of any reason to expect it to be different if you let the water in first or not, can you? So maybe they ran through the stage, testing the things that COULD obstruct a player, like the game not letting you through a door because it's consideration sphere isn't large enough or whatever, and missed it altogether.

And on that note, I really wish I knew how to tweak one's profile file/savegame to give them the bow back after the glitch met them. But I'm not the clever guy you said I am. Maybe someday. I just use the tools others provide.

Oh, and just to add some ribbing to the post, I would hope that console clingers would learn BEFORE they get that advanced that they're a waste of money ;)

LisaB1962
19th Jul 2007, 23:44
Heh, well I just prefer playing consoles. The game selection is huge, it's much more comfortable to me. I've never been a graphics junkie, so it doesn't bother me to know there's a better picture out there somewhere. Oddly, the only game stopping glitches I've encountered in recent years had been CD's: Legend and Anniversary.

As for my stove analogy, the point I was making was that if the stove manufacturer's told me they'd made changes and didn't properly test it because there was no communication between the design team and a QA team, I'd be getting a new stove. I know video games are much more complex, and I accept that. They will not, however, cook a turkey (although some games may be turkeys.:D )

I think we can declare this thread officially hijacked. ;)

ViewtifulIsh
20th Jul 2007, 15:04
dudes u've gonne off topic let stick to topic my prob with game can u help u've gone from problems to ppl not making it proeprly and opening up this debate

Demarest
20th Jul 2007, 15:56
Please speak English.

I don't know what to tell you. We've already discussed the possibilities. What efforts have you been making towards it? The more information, the better.

LisaB1962
20th Jul 2007, 17:55
You also might need to post something in the Anniversary Technical Assistance Forum.