PDA

View Full Version : A few things to try

Likay
11th Jul 2007, 00:14
This might be consider a spoiler so only read if you like to cheat. :D

Was about to mention a bug in the Damocles room (Francis Folly) regarding that gate to enter the room. However i didn't manage to get the bug again the second run (Yes, i had to restart). When entering, pulling down the block and triggering the lever and pushing the block into the gate i somehow had a bug that made the gate not reseting itself after pulling out the block. (had some difficulties jumping into the hole above the gate which also showed in the second run. Lara simply wont grab the ledge so i tried alternate ways). No matter what i did i wasn't able to make that gate reset again. It remained down and the lever couldn't be triggered. On top of that i decided to try another room first and triggered a checkpoint during the way. So now it was also saved that way. :mad2:

Now a fun bug that might be useful for those who don't make that adrenaline dodge (Like me... lol).
When it comes to the T-Rex, just find a safe spot just to the right or left of one of those buildings. The T-Rex will just stand there letting you shot it til the cut scene. Be sure though not make it enraged since it sometimes will be able to hit you. Patience is the key.

Regarding the centaurs: :) (Haven't heard any other done this yet but i managed it quite a few times). Shoot the centaurs til you get that life indicator to be shown on both of them. Before you die, jump down into the water and swim to the lever (the one that opened the door) and stand there on fair ground. Here's a bug in the game, but you have to be very patient. Draw your guns and shoot in every directions (against the water, into the wall by the lever etc etc). Eventually you should see the centaurs life indicator decrease as you seems to hit them. Keep shooting til they die. Then swim up and get your price. lol

Another point: TR Legend and Anniversary is some of the very best games to play in true stereoscopic vision! (True 3D in other word). I seriously recommend any interested to try it out. :cool:

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 05:08
Shoot the centaurs til you get that life indicator to be shown on both of them.Can you elaborate? This sounds very interesting, but I'm not sure what you mean by this part. The moment you start any boss battle, their life meter appears.

Tiri Li
11th Jul 2007, 09:05
That centaur bug sounds great, although i'll be useing the silver mini SMGs and the Golden shotgun for the timetrial. But still, I must try it out.

Likay
11th Jul 2007, 10:49
Can you elaborate? This sounds very interesting, but I'm not sure what you mean by this part. The moment you start any boss battle, their life meter appears.

There might be a possibility that you're able to hit them by just swimming to the cave and start shooting but for those times that i tried it it seemed to work better if i shot both of the centaurs enraged at least one time each before diving into the cave.
"Tiri Li": You're absolutely right about the timetrial. This is no technique for that since it takes quite some time to do it. :)

small update: No need to shoot when you're in the cave.. the centaurs seems to somehow kill themselves. However it takes som time. Also when redoing this time sometimes on centaur remains. Don't know what causes this (yet).

LisaB1962
11th Jul 2007, 16:02
the centaurs seems to somehow kill themselves.

Their quarry leapt into the water. They waited for her to return. When she didn't, one centaur turned to the other.

"I told you that was a bloody stupid plan! There is an airhole down there, you know."

"Well, you should have said something earlier. You were all for it! "Drown the thief!" you said. Why didn't you remember the airhole then!"

"I just got caught up in the moment, Jeff. You get so excited with your stupid ideas. I can't help but get swept up by them sometimes."

"STUPID!?"

"Yeah, stupid. You haven't had a decent idea in four centuries."

Jeff's lower lip trembled. "You . . . you should have said something earlier, Dave. I . . . I'm sorry." Jeff turned away and wandered toward the temple. "But you won't have to worry about it anymore."

"Now Jeff---" But the temple doors had shut. A few moments later, a shot was heard.

"Jeff, NOOOOOOOO!" Dave screamed. But it was too late. His only companion was gone, and his thoughtless words had caused it. His grief and the prospect of the lonely centuries ahead made his decision for him.

Lara didn't resurface until the second shot. She shook the excess water from her face and walked by the dead centaur without sparing a glance. She nudged Pierre with an uncaring boot. "C'est la mort, eh, Pierre?"

Lara laughed at her own joke as she made her way from the tomb, thinking of all the ammo she had saved.
Now that's strategy, she thought.

Likay
11th Jul 2007, 16:26
Great one!!!! :lol:

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 16:27
:lol:

gbas
11th Jul 2007, 23:25
"I told you that was a bloody stupid plan! There is an airhole down there, you know."

"You haven't had a decent idea in four centuries."

:lol::lol:

Astara
12th Jul 2007, 04:48
Another point: TR Legend and Anniversary is some of the very best games to play in true stereoscopic vision! (True 3D in other word). I seriously recommend any interested to try it out. :cool:
How do you do that? Special video card? Special glasses? Prolly ain't cheap...

Odd -- I didn't hear about 3D in Legend until now (within last month, since Ann. came out). Is it a trick of something? Seems like it would require some amount of extra work to program it? If it is something that took extra work to add, I'm surprised they don't advertise the feature more -- but it's possible the rendering engine they use automatically knows the "Y" to plot it and check for visibility...so maybe it just takes modifications in the rendering engine and the 3D compatibility just comes "for free"?

Faye
12th Jul 2007, 07:23
LisaB: :lol::D Very funny piece there! :)

She shook the excess water from her face and walked by the dead centaur without sparing a glance. She nudged Pierre with an uncaring boot. "C'est la mort, eh, Pierre?"

Now if only she could have regarded Pierre's body like that in the game, rather than looking like she needed counselling!

LisaB1962
12th Jul 2007, 15:34
I know. I have "issues" with the new touchy-feely Lara. I can't write her that way. ;)

Glad y'all liked it.

Lectrician
12th Jul 2007, 15:42
hahaha...love it.