PDA

View Full Version : Good Skins?

Game Weasel
10th Jul 2007, 23:05
All right, I've never been particularly good with the whole making skins thing I'm good with a pencil and pens, not photoshop and a mouse, if I were to try and make a costume for Lara it would likely end up looking like a cartoon since it's the only style I'm particularly good with. With all that say, I'm curious are there any sites with good skins for TRA (on PC of course)?

I checked out filefront already and there's only two skins up there, sadly. Any other recommendations? I find myself disappointed with having so few costume options for Lara this time around. Legends spoiled me with all those different outfits and a search here on the forums didn't find any posts related to good sources for skins other than how to make your own.

KingAmax27
10th Jul 2007, 23:30
All right, I've never been particularly good with the whole making skins thing I'm good with a pencil and pens, not photoshop and a mouse, if I were to try and make a costume for Lara it would likely end up looking like a cartoon since it's the only style I'm particularly good with. With all that say, I'm curious are there any sites with good skins for TRA (on PC of course)?

I checked out filefront already and there's only two skins up there, sadly. Any other recommendations? I find myself disappointed with having so few costume options for Lara this time around. Legends spoiled me with all those different outfits and a search here on the forums didn't find any posts related to good sources for skins other than how to make your own.

idk know, but can you post your drawinqs ive tried over and over the best i do is LEgend Lara.

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 01:54
Sorry, but I game on consoles, so idk. I would like to see your drawings too. :)

Game Weasel
11th Jul 2007, 02:18
I'm afraid I've only got one drawing of Lara. Not sure why, I'm a huge fan of her just don't get inspiration to draw her often. :scratch:
However for those who want to see, here is a link to my Deviant Art Gallery (http://druce-white-owl.deviantart.com/).

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 04:44
You should check out the modding thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68346). I think you'll also find the modding releases on Tomb Raider forums (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=96321) quite impressive for the most part.

As for your skills, don't sweat it. I've seen people release "skins" that were more like flood fills and get a half dozen "Awesome!"'s in response. Besides that, the most important textures are actually larger than they appear onscreen on the Lara model, which people will be using to run away from a T Rex. So you really don't have to be an artist and what little errors you might feel you make will hardly be noticed. :)

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 13:10
I'm afraid I've only got one drawing of Lara. Not sure why, I'm a huge fan of her just don't get inspiration to draw her often. :scratch:
However for those who want to see, here is a link to my Deviant Art Gallery (http://druce-white-owl.deviantart.com/).

Like your art :)

Game Weasel
11th Jul 2007, 14:18
As for your skills, don't sweat it. I've seen people release "skins" that were more like flood fills and get a half dozen "Awesome!"'s in response. Besides that, the most important textures are actually larger than they appear onscreen on the Lara model, which people will be using to run away from a T Rex. So you really don't have to be an artist and what little errors you might feel you make will hardly be noticed. :)

Ah but see there in lies the rub, I don't care if other people notice flaws, I care if I notice the flaws. What's more I don't really have any idea of what sort of new costumes to make for her, that's why I was hoping to find a place to see other peoples ideas.

Wish there was some way I could just swipe costumes from my X-box copy of TR:L and move them to my TR:A game. Thanks for the links though. I'd already checked out the modding thread but the other one has some potential in it. :D