PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 8 Guns?

KingAmax27
10th Jul 2007, 23:00
what Kind of Guns,or Gadgets, vehicles. you would wanna see in TR8, Me Personally would like to see the Rocket Launcher,:rolleyes: and maybe the Harpoon Gun.

Game Weasel
10th Jul 2007, 23:15
You know, I've always wished Lara had a combat knife. What sort've person goes out into the wilderness without a blade? It's a basic survival tool, every outdoors person knows to carry a knife with them even if you're just going on a hike, you'd think someone who regularly goes into the rainforests of the amazon and the jungles of mexico would carry one with her.

Also I just really like the idea of creepin' up behind some goon and shankin' em.

Also would love to see a sniper rifle, something efficient, a nice clean one shot kill from a long range.

( Can you tell I like assassination weapons? :whistle: )

KingAmax27
10th Jul 2007, 23:21
You know, I've always wished Lara had a combat knife. What sort've person goes out into the wilderness without a blade? It's a basic survival tool, every outdoors person knows to carry a knife with them even if you're just going on a hike, you'd think someone who regularly goes into the rainforests of the amazon and the jungles of mexico would carry one with her.

Also I just really like the idea of creepin' up behind some goon and shankin' em.

Also would love to see a sniper rifle, something efficient, a nice clean one shot kill from a long range.

'lol, i can tell, but i aqree with you on the knife. or a nice taser gun:nut:

KingAmax27
10th Jul 2007, 23:23
Maybe even a basic Jump from wall to wall, you know like, Splinter Cell, u leap from one wall to the next fast then do a split at the top to hold balance, it would make nice for a sneak attack.;)

Game Weasel
10th Jul 2007, 23:26
Maybe even a basic Jump from wall to wall, you know like, Splinter Cell, u leap from one wal to the next fast then do a split at the top to hold balance, it would make nice for a sneak attack.;)

I REALLY like that idea. I don't wanna see Tomb Raider turn into a stealth game but I'd really love to see even more athletics from her.

Also, I know a whip is really more Indiana Jones' shtick but I'd love to see that too, it is a very useful tool and weapon. (Of course in this case I'm biased just because I've actually had some training and study in how to use one so I'm speaking purely as a fanboy of that weapon. :D )

TR4ever
11th Jul 2007, 01:02
I have another complaint and i´m sure everyone will agree with me on this even those ones who say the game is perfect has it is:

WHERE IS DUAL-AIMING????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! game Nº8 on the series and no dual-aiming???? Common!!!!

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 01:50

Yup, I can diffenatly can tell you like assassination weapons! :)

For some reason, I cant see a sniper rifle in TR. I do like the idea for having a knife for close-range combat though.

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 04:40
what Kind of Guns,or Gadgets, vehicles. you would wanna see in TR8, Me Personally would like to see the Rocket Launcher,:rolleyes: and maybe the Harpoon Gun.

This is the TRA forum and the next TR is called Legend 2 ;)

No vehicles please. I haven't seen a TR vehicle I cared for yet. The controls are unwieldy.

I REALLY like the grappling hook. I also liked TRA's limited selection of guns. Kept it short and sweet. Though I REALLY miss the grenade launcher. Watching a T Rex explode into a dozen pieces was priceless.

Tiri Li
11th Jul 2007, 09:08
'lol, i can tell, but i aqree with you on the knife. or a nice taser gun:nut:

She has a taser gun in AoD. And it is SO much fun to use.:D

TanaisRahn
11th Jul 2007, 09:25
Dual Pistols (of course) Shotgun (of course) Those are standard :D

Would like to see Uzis's, Desert Eagle, and a machine gun in Tr8/Legends 2

Have to remember we can carry only two types of guns, so mine would be:

Dual Pistols (Automatic)
and the Uzis'z

naraku
11th Jul 2007, 09:27
I would like Lara to take Zip's advice and carry some climbing gear something cliff hangerish. And some hand to hand combat. Perhaps use a fighting game's engine. Like MK deception. Or Something. but not too much of it.

Since she is a tomb raider how about some old fashion TNT!

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 09:30
I quite liked that big old desert eagle magnum thing....... from tr3, it was perfect for..... shooting eagles in the desert.

haha

bring back the harpoon i say!!!

im in on the knife as well!!

naraku
11th Jul 2007, 09:33
I quite liked that big old desert eagle magnum thing....... from tr3, it was perfect for..... shooting eagles in the desert.

haha

bring back the harpoon i say!!!

im in on the knife as well!!

Yeah! I like that harpoon gun too...

Vilcabamba
11th Jul 2007, 09:38
allthough............. bringing back the harpoon, means bringing back sharks and underwater kretins, and relating to my scary animals post, i dont think my little heart could take it!!

hehe

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 12:54
allthough............. bringing back the harpoon, means bringing back sharks and underwater kretins, and relating to my scary animals post, i dont think my little heart could take it!!

hehe

:lol: LoL... I would like to see a harpoon gun in TR.

Mangar The Dark
11th Jul 2007, 13:36
No harpoon gun! One of the things that made TR2 such a bad game is that it had the harpoon gun. I was so glad when I realized TR4 would NOT have a harpoon gun because I knew we weren't going to be tortured with underwater combat again.

I don't NEED to have new vehicles in TR, but if they do return, then they should be done how they were in Legend. The extended motorcycle chases in Legend were really the only good vehicle segments of any TR game.

As for other weapons... Honestly, I find I use the dual pistols most of the time. I think I switched weapons only once in TRA, and even that was unnecessary. I used the pistols against every boss, and didn't have trouble.

Shaidester
11th Jul 2007, 13:39
One of my favorite parts of TR2 was actually the underwater levels w/ the harpoon. Harpoon was one of my favorite guns, and I would be pleased if it would an appearance in the next game. Only thing I would hope for is this game to be on the PS2!

Tomb Radar
11th Jul 2007, 14:13
I still think they should remove all offensive weapons and just have equipment that can also be used for defensive purposes. Like a flare gun with infinite sticky flares that can stick to the scenery and light up the area for a bit. They could be used to scare away animals. That would add much more than simply whipping out a pair of pistols with infinite ammo and shooting everything.

They completely changed the way we play Tomb Raider, so I think its time they looked into focusing on adventuring and not shooting everything in site. I think the games should be more like the Indiana Jones films. Indy didn't use guns all the time. He used his intelligence and the environment to avoid enemies.

Anyway, if weapons are still going to be used I'd like :

Taser (like out of Syphon Filter)
Whip
Combat Knife
Sport Bow & Arrow
P90 (http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/p90.jpg)
Eagle 6.0 (http://www.residentevil3nemesis.hpg.ig.com.br/Imagens/Eagle.gif)
Steyr AUG (http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/steyr_aug.jpg)
SA80 (http://www.battleorders.co.uk/acatalog/SAF202B.JPG)

Below Zero
11th Jul 2007, 14:18
A bow and arrow would be cool.

tombraiderxlegend
11th Jul 2007, 16:25
Yeh.

Uzi's or the desert Eagle would be fantastic. The desert eagle is so powerful. The uzi's were cool though. =P

So mine are:

Dual Pistols[[automatic]]
&&
Uzi's.

tombraiderxlegend
11th Jul 2007, 16:29
No harpoon gun! One of the things that made TR2 such a bad game is that it had the harpoon gun. I was so glad when I realized TR4 would NOT have a harpoon gun because I knew we weren't going to be tortured with underwater combat again.

I don't NEED to have new vehicles in TR, but if they do return, then they should be done how they were in Legend. The extended motorcycle chases in Legend were really the only good vehicle segments of any TR game.

I agree with you on the Harpoon gun thing. I did not like underwater combat AT ALL!

The motorcycle chases however, a little too long. Yes, I'd like to have the motorcycle back, but not as chases. Just to get to certain places.

Or you could bring back the snowmobile. That was really fun in TR2!!!

Tomb Radar
11th Jul 2007, 16:40
And the Canoe. :)

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:19
There was never a point in time when underwater combat was REQUIRED. However, it was nice having that option instead of just luring enemies towards where you could surface and take care of them.

Jezyk
11th Jul 2007, 17:48
Ooooh no, anything but the rocket launcher!!! Yeah it may look nice but guys imagine - archaelogist (and an acrobat lol) doing all those tricky jumps and exploring ancient temples and other stuff with a rocket launcher on her back?? It doesn't make sense.

Cyber Mantis
12th Jul 2007, 00:50
You know I always wanted to see lara use a AK-47. If your in remote and harsh locations jungles, deserts etc.. there is no finer weapon on the planet in my opinion.

The FN P90 would be cool and likely more to lara's style plus 50 shot in a clip without reloading would be fun.

As for gadgets I want to see the return of the flares I always loved those things.

TR4ever
12th Jul 2007, 19:04
I would like to see an AK-47 too.

Werner Von Croy
12th Jul 2007, 19:08
I'd love to see the chigago typewriter the same from resi 4 and a magnum revolver or a pair would be better :D

TR4ever
12th Jul 2007, 19:12
What about a Dragunov SVD too:lol: , i mean she could kill enemies from a big distance this way, pretty cool:rasp:

Demarest
13th Jul 2007, 01:59
How about a Barret in 50 BMG? :lol:

TR4ever
13th Jul 2007, 11:07

Nah, i prefer Russian made weapons, still don´t know why:scratch: :scratch:

KingAmax27
13th Jul 2007, 23:16
Maybe she can use the qrapplinq hook, to attack enemies instead of pull them closer, like actually whip them in the head. i think the quad bike from Tr3 was fun. and those who worry about Harpoons shouldn't ... i mean with the next qen technoloqy, and better creativety it should be fun.

Hippie
13th Jul 2007, 23:26
Vehicles. Anything to drive. I love driving games, but I'd like it to be able to go in different directions, not like it was in Legend.

lara's_bro
14th Jul 2007, 11:35
Maybe even a basic Jump from wall to wall, you know like, Splinter Cell, u leap from one wall to the next fast then do a split at the top to hold balance, it would make nice for a sneak attack.;)

i think this was a move that they were going to put in legend, but they took it out at the last minute.

Tombstone2
14th Jul 2007, 11:58
I like the idea of a taser ( like in Condemned )...However, any new weapons would be welcome....Just hope they do away with that pain in the @r$e adrenaline dodge...!!!

NizCroft
14th Jul 2007, 12:57
I like the H&K USP Match from the movies, AoD and Legend. They fit Lara best and look stylish. But they should do a bit more damage and have more realistic ammunition count, instead of 40 shots that do almost no damage.

I like the idea of a knife, it could be stuck in her boot. Perhaps it could be used in the environment too, to make things more interactive. You could cut a vine and swing from it, etc.

What else? Lightsabers!

Capkeez
14th Jul 2007, 13:11

Have you ever seen what barretts do to people in real life? They can cut people in half! but then again, this is a game, although i highly doubt Lara would lug around something this overpowered.

ElevenTR
14th Jul 2007, 13:16
make the next game an 18 rated game, cos then they could put plenty of blood and gore in it. If the game was a 12 like anniversary, a knife would be pointless - no blood! I really do like the idea of a knife though. and instead of a whip you could tie a rock to the end of the grapple and swing that about! :D

Demarest
14th Jul 2007, 13:49
Have you ever seen what barretts do to people in real life? They can cut people in half! but then again, this is a game, although i highly doubt Lara would lug around something this overpowered.

I thought the :lol: smiley was reason enough to believe I was being ridiculous on purpose. Besides, it's an anti-material gun. With that, it could expand the plot to include having rip through walls or tanks or something.

Tomb Radar
14th Jul 2007, 13:57

I could just imagine Lara getting that thing out of her backpack, lying on her tummy, lining up the sights then blowing a Spider Monkey to bits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vilcabamba
14th Jul 2007, 13:58
how about a net!!! for catching animals!!!!

haha

some how i dont think that would work but i reckon it would look pretty hilarious