PDA

View Full Version : BOTH FACTIONS Anyone else stick to one class?

Tough_Badass
20th Nov 2013, 20:25
I can't stop playing as the Sentinel, it's too damn fun being able to fly around and swoop in at high speeds when they're not looking. Sometimes I'll switch to Tyrant if our team is doing really badly and it's absolutely necessary, but the whole time I'll be eager to switch back. As for the humans, I always pick Alchemist because I suck with the other two. Anyone else got this issue?

lucinvampire
20th Nov 2013, 20:43
Good choices :D it's interesting to see what people pick and how it differs per person to what they find easy or not.

For me I basically suck...I usually pick Tyrant because I can just run and stuff - hulk smash! Second choice Reaver if I feel I want a little bit of speed. Tend not to play Sentinel as can't get the abilities/grab to work.

As for humans tend to do Alchemist because it once again is just aim in the general direction and shots work, then Hunter because I can just shoot loads of arrows. Tend to play Scout less because my hand eye is awful and always miss at anything that moves but I really like him lol.

I hope you are enjoying yourself...really find the classes a good choice and mix myself :D

Tough_Badass
20th Nov 2013, 21:06
I too play Scout the least. I swear every time I get a decent line of sight I get attacked by something else behind me. They do have their uses though, my last match one of them shot me out of flight mode which I didn't expect was possible. Didn't stop me from tearing them apart but I did have to change my usual strategy. I'm sure all classes get better with practice but during the limited server time we have I'd rather stick to the classes I'm best at.

But yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with this game and can't wait until it comes out officially. :thumb:

Calcite
20th Nov 2013, 21:09
I tend to stick to Hunter as a human, and Reaver/Tyrant as a vampire. I enjoy playing the scout, but I'm not very good at it, so I stick to my strengths.

Crusader_bin
20th Nov 2013, 22:25
I can't stop playing as the Sentinel, it's too damn fun being able to fly around and swoop in at high speeds when they're not looking. Sometimes I'll switch to Tyrant if our team is doing really badly and it's absolutely necessary, but the whole time I'll be eager to switch back. As for the humans, I always pick Alchemist because I suck with the other two. Anyone else got this issue?

It's hilarious, as I do EXACTLY the same. I play sentinel, and only switch to tyrant, when everybody gets raped.
I also play Alchemist almost exclusively, with very rare cases of Hunter, when I get raped too much by sentinel-only team.
I would play scout, if I could disable the zoom. Well, seeing as this is unreal I probably can. But don't want to mess with the expirience, seeing as it's alpha and all :)

CrabTheTerrible
21st Nov 2013, 03:07
I've only played a couple of matches so far, and I try to switch it up just for the sake of trying everything out, but I absolutely favor the Reaver and Hunter. I think I'll enjoy the Setinel once I figure out how to work it a little better, but I haven't taken the time to do that yet because I don't like being killed while I try to figure out how to aim my skills, so I just go back to what I know.

The Hunter is probably my go-to human just out of simplicity, it seems to be the most forgiving class since you mostly just point and shoot. The Reaver works for me because I always love trying to be sneaky and catch people out of position or follow up on a Tyrant initiation.

Magicaltophat
21st Nov 2013, 03:11
I think this is one of the few multiplayer games where I don't feel like I have an amazingly strong preference for one class over the other. I like all of their play styles, and I find myself switching depending on what the teams lack/what would be most effective against the enemy team.

21st Nov 2013, 08:35
Ill only do that if my team is diverse or lacking in my favorite character, love the Hunter for those spray and pray moments when your rushed, and Reaver mostly because it reminds me of Aliens and is easy to get a kill-streak going. I love that they aren't just basic front-line disposable soldiers, the havoc you can cause with a well placed smoke bomb or triple shot is just hilarious to watch.

Scion_of_Balance
21st Nov 2013, 12:08
Usually I'd say I play the Tyrant. His abilities are great at initiation/harassing/damage. Honestly it feels like he can do it all. Even if the humans are winning I can still Leap in to damage them all and run away with my armor. I never feel like I have to wait unless I want to, which is GREAT for such a team-focused game. (Not that I'm against teamwork, I just like messing with the humans until my teammates are ready.)

Sentinel is growing on me though. I realized today that everyone loves shooting them so much that they make a fine distraction. A few times I went to the other side of the humans so they would look away while my team jumped them. :D If they ignore me that works too. Makes it easier to abduct one. :)

Seems I'm in the minority here and prefer to play Scout primarily. The knockback you guys are talking about is the Warbow. I got that yesterday and it is So. Damn. Satisfying! Landing a shot on vampires is great because it seems to be one of the few things they stagger from. Shooting a Reaver off a ledge to the ground or especially shooting a Sentinel out of the sky to their death is fantastic.

The other two, Alchemists and Hunters I'll play if the vampires have an odd team comp. For instance multiple Tyrants. Alchemists and Hunters are much better at keeping the vampires at bay long enough to get a bit more damage in. The Scout's knives and Camouflage just don't cut it in my opinion.

I've been having an absolute blast playing this game. I hope we get more abilities in the store soon!

Varulven
21st Nov 2013, 16:42
I like to play the Hunter because I like the the fact that they can shoot fast.
But I LOVE to play the Reaver class! :D

hirukaru
21st Nov 2013, 20:06
I never stick to one class. (As human I do at the moment cause it had no upgrades)