PDA

View Full Version : Your worst/funniest TRA moment.

Squishy
10th Jul 2007, 06:04
ok, here we go. Whats your worst TRA moment, it can be a time you did somethign really silly or a time you got really annoyed etc

Any ways heres my funniest moment... if you havnt seen it else where already.

I sat for nearly a hour watching the screen, making Lara look around trying to find a bear that had charged at me from out of no where (this was on Lost Valley when you're making your way through the cave).

Before I continue let me just say I have got to be the most easily scared person on earth, Tomb Raider 1 had me screaming when wolves attacked :lol:

So I run into this part, bear charges, I scream shoot and struggle to get on the ledge. I don't realize I've killed the bear because its vanished while my back was turned and I'm to scared to get down, so Laras standin on this ledge staring at every dark corner she can see before I finally get down and go in search of the bear which I find out has vanished :nut: :lol:

ah well... :whistle:

My worst moment so far is in the coliseum.

You know them jumps you have to make to get accross to the smaller temple accross the coliseum to go onto the next level.
Well I could get from the first temple to the next ledge, then swing accross to the the ledge after... then drop down and grapple on the hook hanging fromt he bottom of the ledge... then swing to my death... 100,000,000 times :mad2:
I swear I spend more time doing that bit that I had doing the game so far...

poor lara must think "Oh god not her again" every time I turn the game on :lol:

UTWarden
10th Jul 2007, 06:19
I'll second this: My worst moment so far is in the coliseum.

You know them jumps you have to make to get across to the smaller temple across the coliseum to go onto the next level.
Well I could get from the first temple to the next ledge, then swing across to the the ledge after... then drop down and grapple on the hook hanging from he bottom of the ledge... then swing to my death... 100,000,000 times
I swear I spend more time doing that bit that I had doing the game so far...

funny moment: Midas touch, I was moving onto the hand and pressed y(interact), and a little scene starts, WTF?!? F@#$, F#$%, F$%^, F*(%, Knowing what happening of course! :) Golden Lara! no joke I got the pic to prove it!

Squishy
10th Jul 2007, 06:23
yeah gotta love turning lara into gold :lol: :cool:

Tiri Li
10th Jul 2007, 09:20
I don't really have too many funny moment in TR, because I play on PS2 easy mode, and I like to think I have fairly quick reactions :D

I guess my funniest moment was when I was practising for the time trail in Lost Valley (I do about every level 10 times bwefore I try the time trial XD) and I had the third cog, spawning more wolves. So i dived into the water from where the remins of the ladder are, and swam and tried to get up the ladder. I then spent ages watching Lara as she keeped getting knoced off by wolves, but she would bouce back on the ladder only to be knocked off again immdeately, so I had little control over her. Eventually I sut spamed the jump button and move the analog stick in random directions, enabling Lara to somehow get free and kill those things.

Meh,still added around 2 min onto my time at the end >.<

If you are still stuck in the collesium, the ring underneath the platform is for the artifact. You have to be at exactly the right heaight to get it. if you dont want to artifact, you can go on top of the platform of where the ring is and go that way.

Werner Von Croy
10th Jul 2007, 10:17
Best moment was completing Hard mode for all levels man it was hard

Worst same as T was doing Time Trial in Lost valley that stupid pole on the cog mechanism i fell twice and lost valuable time making it impossible to finish :mad2: Did manage after a few attempts but was very frustrating

boots
10th Jul 2007, 10:27
Well... I can't remember the funniest/dumbest time, but recently I was replaying the Lost Valley and had climbed my way around the level post-T-Rex until I was about two ledges from returning to the main part of the level. Then I look down and see a medikit just sitting right there on the ground. I thought, "no way, you don't need that thing. You'd have to climb ALL THE WAY back down to the valley floor to get it!"

Which is exactly what I ended up doing. :rolleyes: I blame my OCD. I can't leave a medikit behind! It drives me nuts. I didn't even end up using the freaking thing.

There were plenty of times where I'd be running around like a lunatic when the solution to getting through the room was Right There In Front Of Me The Whole Time (tm). For the light obelisk puzzles in the Sanctuary level, I kept thinking you had to unlock the first wall mechanism closest to the platform (locked to get to some of the other mechanisms) by grappling it from the extended bridge and then quickly jumping ONTO the obelisk, slide down the opposite side, and catch onto one of the ledges and climb back up it. I really have no idea what that was supposed to accomplish, but I spent a good deal of time trying to get it to work. Oddly enough, sometimes it would. And then I'd run into a bug where the mechanism wouldn't lower when she jumped on it. :rolleyes: I could have slapped myself when I realized it was actually a lot simpler than that.

(I had some trouble with those coliseum ledges too. :nut: There was always that one stupid jump that took me forever to get right.)

Jezyk
10th Jul 2007, 10:48
The worst part was, of course, the great pyramid (aka atlantis) and trying to get the artifacts in the obelisk of khamoon (eventually I had no patience and missed two of them).
The best, hmmm. The second great hall in St. Francis Folly (the one with doors Damocles, Neptune etc.) was great. Fire room in midas too (the best remodelled location IMHO). And the "light riddles" in the Sanctuary of the Scion.

Werner Von Croy
10th Jul 2007, 10:52
Well... I can't remember the funniest/dumbest time, but recently I was replaying the Lost Valley and had climbed my way around the level post-T-Rex until I was about two ledges from returning to the main part of the level. Then I look down and see a medikit just sitting right there on the ground. I thought, "no way, you don't need that thing. You'd have to climb ALL THE WAY back down to the valley floor to get it!"

Which is exactly what I ended up doing. :rolleyes: I blame my OCD. I can't leave a medikit behind! It drives me nuts. I didn't even end up using the freaking thing.

There were plenty of times where I'd be running around like a lunatic when the solution to getting through the room was Right There In Front Of Me The Whole Time (tm). For the light obelisk puzzles in the Sanctuary level, I kept thinking you had to unlock the first wall mechanism closest to the platform (locked to get to some of the other mechanisms) by grappling it from the extended bridge and then quickly jumping ONTO the obelisk, slide down the opposite side, and catch onto one of the ledges and climb back up it. I really have no idea what that was supposed to accomplish, but I spent a good deal of time trying to get it to work. Oddly enough, sometimes it would. And then I'd run into a bug where the mechanism wouldn't lower when she jumped on it. :rolleyes: I could have slapped myself when I realized it was actually a lot simpler than that.

(I had some trouble with those coliseum ledges too. :nut: There was always that one stupid jump that took me forever to get right.)

Is that the one for the relic? that is a major pain

AlanMcCormack99
12th Jul 2007, 01:01
ryt my worst moment well it was actually a long period of time was in the great pyrimid level (cant describe things very well bear with me ) i was on a ledge i had 2 shoot sum thing on the wall then 2 flying things would come out i could kill them easy enough but it was the rest that bothered me having 2 jump on a ledge then a pole then swing to another pole then onto the wall then wall run onto a slanted piilar then wall run again at first i thought it was impossible i got so annoyed tryin it i didnt play it for about a month and a half :lol: :lmao: thankfully i recently got past it

Below Zero
12th Jul 2007, 01:31
Welcome to the fourms AlanMcCormack99!

Astara
12th Jul 2007, 04:58
In one of the last cut scenes there was a bit where Natla utters a sentence about my "end" being inevitable...(the sound of inevitability, Ms. Croft...)...with her reasoning being that I'd eventually run out of bullets! That brought a smile to my face. Guess someone had a sense of humor.
A*a

naraku
12th Jul 2007, 05:59
Mine was the Obelisk of Uh? "Khamoon". I hope I spelled that right.After the Centaur scared the crap out of me.
In the room with four revolving columns. Ugh... It took me 5 hours of spinning before I decide to cheat and get the answer online. Which then it took 2 Minutes. I realized if I had not cheated there's no way in heck I would have passed the game. Oh the humanity. Whoa is me... The shame. I have never cheated in TR till now. No guides either.:(

naraku
12th Jul 2007, 06:17
The centaurs were fun. I was like take that you freak of nature! Bam! While I dodge and shoot I remember I caused one centaur to ram the other in the confusion. :lmao: I made them do it over and over. Once they both stood side by side ready to freeze me. Then I grab a shield and they both get frozen, HAH:lol: Then I tried to take my pistols out and I grab the shield. While they run around me I try to reposition to get a better view then booing, SPLASH I drop into the water.:p

tombraiderxlegend
12th Jul 2007, 16:29
Lol. Mine was in St. Francis Folly in the sword trap room. With me being so scared because I didn't know the stupid sword traps were on the ceiling. I'd go running in between them and get killed & so scared everytime. Finally I made it through terrified. LOL! :lmao: :lol:

Squishy
12th Jul 2007, 21:24
The swords used to scare me in TR1 but they werent so scarey in this one