PDA

View Full Version : Patches

gsusfrk
9th Jul 2007, 18:14
Not saying theres anything wrong with the game, jus wondering if there are any patches out there?

Below Zero
9th Jul 2007, 18:30
I know theres lots of them but I cant tell you any because I dont use them, I play on the PS2. Sorry I could not help.

Demarest
9th Jul 2007, 18:42
Not saying theres anything wrong with the game, jus wondering if there are any patches out there?

If there's nothing wrong with the game, you shouldn't be looking to patches.

Qbert
9th Jul 2007, 18:49
He probably doesn't know what he's talking about, but there are quite a few bugs that need to be taken care of.

Demarest
9th Jul 2007, 19:32
He probably doesn't know what he's talking about, but there are quite a few bugs that need to be taken care of.

I've played through the game at least a half dozen times now. Collected all collectibles, played every commentary, passed every time trial. I didn't see any bugs.

Lectrician
9th Jul 2007, 19:43
Well if Demerest didn't see them, they can't exist.

I thought there was a bug trying to get the bow in the pool where if you died it disapeared or something like that. That's about the only bug I personally know of besides the timed section which is too short to be done on purpose :)

gsusfrk
9th Jul 2007, 22:19
well i dont know what I'm talking about because I dont know if theres any patches out there, so thats why I'm asking

Qbert
10th Jul 2007, 05:41
I don't think Eidos has a good track record with fixing PC games. They screw up, you're screwed period. That's just the way they do things.

UTWarden
10th Jul 2007, 06:25
I've played through the game at least a half dozen times now. Collected all collectibles, played every commentary, passed every time trial. I didn't see any bugs.

hehe I came across a bug, or a GIFT depend on HOW you look at it. T-Rex got STUCK! YAY I still haven't managed the Rage thing yet and with T-Rex literally getting stuck I shot the damn lizard to DEATH!

otherwise I've seen picky crap, like getting stuck on a ledge or an edge just before you FALL to your death.

Demarest
10th Jul 2007, 06:53
I don't think Eidos has a good track record with fixing PC games. They screw up, you're screwed period. That's just the way they do things.

*cough*Final Fantasy VII PC*cough*

@Lectrician: I didn't realize that only people who experience bugs are allowed to post in this thread. The point was that if I'm able to do all that, the bugs can't be TOO dramatic. Which I was right if the bow is all you can name since that bug and its workaround are both well documented. Then too there's the matter that some people will call an irritant in the game engine/environment a bug when in fact it's just something they're not cool with. Oh and there's no charge for the clarification, since you asked nicely :rasp:

Qbert
10th Jul 2007, 08:08
*cough*Final Fantasy VII PC*cough*

I really can't agree with that logic considering it was ages ago.

Demarest
10th Jul 2007, 15:40
I really can't agree with that logic considering it was ages ago.

:scratch: I was agreeing with you by pointing out their greatest example of cutting and running I'm aware of. :scratch:

Qbert
10th Jul 2007, 17:06
:scratch: I was agreeing with you by pointing out their greatest example of cutting and running I'm aware of. :scratch:

Oh I see what you're talking about. Carry on.

gsusfrk
11th Jul 2007, 14:14
so i guess by my readings, that there will never be a patch for TR:A? Well if so, then u might as well shut this thread down and delete it :) thanks guys and girls :)

Demarest
11th Jul 2007, 17:27
Nah. Leaving it be means people have a place to discuss the topic. If the topic is no longer fit for conversation, it will trail off and die a natural thread death.