PDA

View Full Version : Ever stop and think about the environments you're traversing?

rsdigi
9th Jul 2007, 15:04
For example the Cistern (now Tomb of Tihocan). I was watching a special on the History channel called cities of the underground that focused on cisterns of ancient cities, and how they were basically huge water tanks used for bringing water from rivers to the towns.

Almost every level in TR has a real meaning to the real world, and watching these shows really makes me appreciate the detail and research put into making this game.

So while running around the game, did you ever stop and think what you're exploring? That these areas actually served a purpose in ancient times?

Lectrician
9th Jul 2007, 15:11
Yep.

I've also wondered why Lara goes through and destroys parts of these places to retrieve an artifact.

I watched the show you are talking about last night. I have the DVR set to record tonight's as well. Looks kinda good.

rsdigi
9th Jul 2007, 15:20
Yep.

I've also wondered why Lara goes through and destroys parts of these places to retrieve an artifact.

I watched the show you are talking about last night. I have the DVR set to record tonight's as well. Looks kinda good.
This one was about the Mt. Vesuvius (spelling) and how it destroyed pompeii but not Naples. The cisterns that were buried by the volcanoe have been dug out over the years and are truly awesome.

Below Zero
9th Jul 2007, 15:23
I always wondered the meaning and significance of each level not in the storyline but in life. I guess could say I though about what i was exploring when I played Tomb Raider. That show seems intresting, I want to watch it!

Lectrician
9th Jul 2007, 15:28
Tonight's is about Dracula's Underworld in Romania I believe...I'm in the Midwest U.S. if it makes a difference for viewing schedules.

Below Zero
9th Jul 2007, 15:31
Yeah I live on the east coast,Florida, so mine would be at a different time then yours.

rsdigi
9th Jul 2007, 15:44
Sorry I forgot to mention that it's on Comcast on demand, that's where I watched it.

Below Zero
9th Jul 2007, 16:15
Whats Comcast on demand? I have Direct t.v., so I dont know if I get the channel, even though I should get it because its satilite.

rsdigi
9th Jul 2007, 17:04
Whats Comcast on demand? I have Direct t.v., so I dont know if I get the channel, even though I should get it because its satilite.
Comcast on demand let's you watch select previously aired shows at your leisure. You can rewind, pause, and fast forward them. I loves it.

Below Zero
9th Jul 2007, 17:08
Oh, kind of like DVR.