PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: ARR Beta

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Automaton
26th Jul 2012, 19:56
For registering Final Fantasy XIII on Square Enix Members back a couple of years ago, people were given the opportunity to participate in registration for the beta test of then-upcoming Final Fantasy XIV Online, given a choice of either applying for the PC version or the PS3 version tests.
As people probably know, the initial reception of FFXIV was poor enough that the PS3 verson of the game was pushed back indefinitely while the myriad of issues with the PC game were fixed.

Now that XIVver.2 has been officially announced as "A World Reborn", what sort of plans are there in terms of future beta-testing, if any? Since it's now full steam ahead for both PS3 and PC, will the old PS3 beta applicants from the original promotion be honored for the new game, a new promotion take its place, or some other course of action?

I'm just curious considering that I was one of probably many people who were eager to at least try the PS3 build of XIV, but were unable to do so because of mechanical and critical circumstances.

nyma11
26th Jul 2012, 20:28
Good Question... I hope that we are still concidered for it.

LunaMae
26th Jul 2012, 21:48
same.. I hope they have an answer for this. If we are not able to use the original code from ff13... will there be a chance for a new one.

tiaeltaru
27th Jul 2012, 05:27
Same, I was planning on playing XIV as I played XI for 5+ years, but due to them reworking the entire thing, that didn't happen.

I also signed up for the beta thing on PS3 with the XIII code, and would like to participate in it for A Realm Reborn.

Dekkarra
27th Jul 2012, 08:00
Yoshi-P as well as the community team have stated that those codes from FFXIII are still valid, and if you registered them you are still in the queue for when the beta starts this autumn.

Automaton
27th Jul 2012, 19:34
About how far back should I be looking on the XIV boards for that? I've tried looking but not having much luck on it.

Ranebow-437238
12th Oct 2012, 12:27
Are you only able to apply to Alpha if you have a pre registered key /previously played FFXIV?

Dekkarra
18th Oct 2012, 22:14
Alpha test registrations are limited to players currently subscribed to the current game.

Ranebow-437238
19th Oct 2012, 01:14
Hi thanks for responding.

If what you say is the case, then how come inactive accounts can also register?
Where is a new fresh account that never consumed a FFXIV cd key, cannot?

Surely if you didn't have an active acccount, the system would stop you from registering?

Dekkarra
22nd Oct 2012, 23:14
They have stated that the Alpha was limited to current players. If you were a previous player, it may flag your account as having XIV contents, and allow you in, but it was said previously that alpha was limited and that the beta would open to more people.

Ranebow-437238
23rd Oct 2012, 12:21
Right, so in short, they've made an oversight or mistake in the process and it's letting people in whom otherwise shouldn't be.

Then my report was correct.

jedymaster
23rd Oct 2012, 15:40
e hola primera ves que me meto aqui que se puede aser con los puntos que tengo acumulados (sera que se puede comprar juegos)...

Grimoire
29th Oct 2012, 03:22
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Character Creation (Alpha)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_EPX_-zHFA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_EPX_-zHFA)

dans05
12th Nov 2012, 23:48
Hi want to test FF:ARR alpha on PS3

where can i sign?

Sonicfayt
13th Nov 2012, 07:41
In all seriousness, if they have Alpha Test Apps for ARR PS3.. I want in asap. -_-

member_10225705
14th Nov 2012, 20:47
I have an old beta code (I think, at least) that I registered from buying FFXIII back in the day. The rumor is that they will be honored, but in what order and when is also a question I would have.

Any guesses? Will an ancient (at least in Internet terms) two year old PS3 beta access "promise" be my ticket in?

Sonicfayt
14th Nov 2012, 22:48
Well, starting from the worldwide alpha test which is 11/26/2012, and beta which is between end of Jan and beginning of Feb, I'm guess the ps3 alpha test would be in the beginning of next year, most likely exclusive to JP since it wasn't mentioned during live letters.

And yes, because you used your promo code from FF XIII, you'll most likely be invited to the ARR beta test. I think those that did not have a code have to do an app to register for it. But just to be safe, I'm registering when the time comes, if I don't see any form of invitation otherwise that is. =)

Answer's Found: forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/5766... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/57667-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Updates/page4)

landram
18th Nov 2012, 09:53
ok so im wandering if FFXIV a realm reborn is for sell in the USA or if there is some were i can get it?

Sonicfayt
19th Nov 2012, 01:16
FFXIV:ARR is currently in the alpha testing phase (JP only until the 26th) and is not being sold currently.

landram
19th Nov 2012, 04:21
so is there a relese date yat for the USA that is?

Bhalditar
20th Nov 2012, 10:26
A release date for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN hasn't been set for PC or PS3 yet. The first of four alpha testing phases has concluded in Japan, and towards the end of this month, testing will commence that includes players from North America and Europe that signed up for the Alpha test. Definitely keep an eye on your e-mail over the holiday weekend.

Currently, per the producer Naoki Yoshida's comments, the beta testing phase will begin at the end of January or start of February. They plan on releasing a new roadmap, which is a basically a new schedule to show how things will progress up until launch. It is a delay from their original roadmap, but the team expressed that they want to take the time necessary to see that the game lives up to the expectations of fans.

They also want to include as many fans as they are able in the alpha and beta testing phases, so if you're not accepted within the first round of emails, don't despair!

member_10611466
20th Nov 2012, 19:17
"Since the login to FINAL FANTASY XIV in the last 30 days could not be confirmed, you are not allowed to log in to the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums."

I have 2 collector copies of XIV that i bought on day 1 and i can't log in >.< I am really hoping they fix the fail that i waisted $160 on and let me test this game once again. If anyone got a download link to the client i'd appreciate it, been looking around and haven't found it.

member_10675728
21st Nov 2012, 18:42
So I have a question about my character. I missed the date when I was supposed to transfer my beta char over and im unsure about whether he is gone forever now or not. Is there a way for me to check? or possibly a link to somewhere that allows me to do the transfer now

I was able to apply for alpha access, so Im hoping that is a good sign.

member_10675728
23rd Nov 2012, 11:05
no answer from anyone?

Bump for good questions

GOCRenn
1st Dec 2012, 19:31
Im trying to sign up for the alpha test for final fantasy 14, but it keeps saying that my square enix ID or password is incorrect. I have tried countless times, but it still wont work. Does anyone know how to sign up for the alpha test without it saying something is incorrect?

GOCRenn
1st Dec 2012, 20:35
Nevermind. I got it to work. Sorry for wasting anyones time

Altiya
4th Dec 2012, 15:52
Eh there people. A friend of mine mentioned that they were more or less redoing the whole of FF14 and I was curious about it. I look a look and saw that they are accepting testers and figured why not give it a shot at the alpha and give a hand. I seem to be unable to sign up for the Alpha of FF14 for some reason though, every time I try it tells me my name and password are incorrect. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Thanks.

Oats
4th Dec 2012, 17:08
same problem. I can log into square enix site fine, but when i enter name/pass to do the test sign up it says i entered it in wrong T_T

Altiya
4th Dec 2012, 17:31
Annoying, no? >_< A couple friends of mine got in just fine and are prasing it up a storm too.

iamtimelezz-635697
4th Dec 2012, 18:40
same here someoen help us pls?

iamtimelezz-635697
4th Dec 2012, 18:41
what u did? to make it work?

GOCRenn
7th Dec 2012, 22:34
what u did? to make it work?

I went to lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.h... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html) and clicked on log in. It took me to a page that said: Square enix ID, Square enix password, and One time password. Next to those is a button that read: Square Enix Account Register new account. Make an account. Then you should be fine.

GOCRenn
8th Dec 2012, 18:57
Totally unrelated, but i have Final Fantasy 3 for ds and I am trying to get onion knight, so send me mail; my friend code is: 507225000172

MaloneDemon
11th Dec 2012, 19:39
I've been having the same problem, unfortunately. Even tried changing my pw a few times.

vvvenomvv
11th Dec 2012, 20:26
having same issue as well, changing password does nothing...

bump

Dekkarra
11th Dec 2012, 20:45
One thing you will want to make sure is that you have a proper "Square Enix Account". If you signed up for this site (Square Enix North America) recently, you haven't had the need to use the SEA to login.

To make totally sure, head on over to account.square-enix.com (http://account.square-enix.com) and log in there. If you never registered on that site before, then you'll want to sign-up at secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/r... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register).

I realize that this is pretty confusing, as the old MEMBERS site here required a Square Enix Account to login. The SE Account system is used for log in to Final Fantasy XI, XIV, and A Realm Reborn, as well as other services for Japan.

One other thing to note, the Alpha test is currently limited to those who had the original FFXIV on their account prior to September 29th. Beta will open up to more people, and that's expected to arrive in February.

AngusG123-228830
12th Dec 2012, 14:49
"Since the login to FINAL FANTASY XIV in the last 30 days could not be confirmed, you are not allowed to log in to the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums."

I have 2 collector copies of XIV that i bought on day 1 and i can't log in >.< I am really hoping they fix the fail that i waisted $160 on and let me test this game once again. If anyone got a download link to the client i'd appreciate it, been looking around and haven't found it.

I'm in the exact same position as you friend, this sucks. I can't even download the client, let alone get chosen to test it! :(

picamaispi29
12th Dec 2012, 16:53
I tried sending you mail but both people need to have the other person's friend code before you can. Mine is 245232453661. Please send me mail too, because I have been trying to get the onion knight since I got the game years ago.

EviL-cloud
13th Dec 2012, 15:21
I tried sending you mail but both people need to have the other person's friend code before you can. Mine is 245232453661. Please send me mail too, because I have been trying to get the onion knight since I got the game years ago.

how can i play ff14 ? plz help im new here

picamaispi29
13th Dec 2012, 22:10
Welcome. Though now you are doomed! It's too late to keep this site from slowly taking over your life.

Judging by what everyone has been saying, you can only play FF14 right now (Alpha testing) if you had signed up for it before September 29th. There is a Beta coming in February that will open to more people, though. I don't know if you need a subscription or not, but the info might have been released by now. Here are some links copied from one of Mythril user Earth posts, along with the corresponding text:

"You may also want to check out the offical FINAL FANTASY XIV Lodestone webpage because they often update with information regarding subscriptions and payment options -- so keep an eye on that over the next several months. Here's the link: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.h... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html)

If you also want to read up on the tons of changes FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN will bring, here are some helpful links:

Message from the team, and documents showing what will change for A REALM REBORN: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html)

Information about how FINAL FANTASY XIV will transition into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN, including character data and game content: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=f4c54db8e776c513e8e95780421693aa28b24b57)

The official FINAL FANTASY XIV and A REALM REBORN YouTube channel where you can see some of the changes that are coming in video form! www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV (http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV)

Additionally, for quick updates on A REALM REBORN, you can follow @FF_XIV_EN and @SQEX_Members_NA on Twitter!"

member_10603653
14th Dec 2012, 13:47
I cannot post on the Lodestone so I figured I would come here.

I received my email for Alpha entry for FFXIV: ARR.

I have followed the steps to the letter, yet I cannot log in to the forums.

The Admins on Lodestone do not seem to know whats going on, and I have received zero feedback from my ticket I sent in.

I can log in to my account (Obviously, because I am posting) but cannot log into the support website. I get an error about a technical issue has occured.

Anyone have information about this issue?

prairietroll
15th Dec 2012, 01:33
Can anyone help me out and Get me Registred for Alpha I would love a crack at it .I have missed the registration date sadly =( if anyone has some pull around here, Can you plz hook up a fan!.

MilitiaMan293-392724
15th Dec 2012, 18:15
My issue has been fixed.

sqex_4164889
31st Dec 2012, 13:10
What would you all say will be the level of constructive feedback per beta phase. The beta test is set to last at the least 8 weeks to the most being 18 weeks unless something really goes wrong. What's your guess? April, May, June, or July?

member_10752576
1st Jan 2013, 17:38
Hello everyone,

I purchased FF14 a few days after release and played for a very long time, now i finally wanted to come back and you can imagine how suprised and excited i was to learn about ARR and XIV servers being shut down...

But also i have read that if you baught there original version of the game that you can join in on the beta test.

Questions!

Is this true?

If so, how do I get In and download the client?

Have they finally added 2 handed swords?

RishabKing-731764
2nd Jan 2013, 02:07
so only certain people are allowed to play this game?? or simply by buying FFXIV native of this place?? http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

Popcicle
2nd Jan 2013, 14:54
Dekkarra has the right idea.

Logging into this site, logs you into your Square Enix Members account and facilitates all your activity here. To participate in content specifically for our titles like FINAL FANTASY XI, and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Alpha test and going forward) you will need to sign up and use the Square Enix Account system which allows you to register payment options for our subscription titles.

Orion_Reeves
2nd Jan 2013, 16:23
Good to hear the news about ARR and its Beta Testing. Which Brings me to this question. For The PS3 users Beta coming to us in February I believe does anyone have any information on that? Will I be able to sign up for it using this sites Id and Password..and where do i go exactly to sign up for this. Any and all information anyone has to offer is greatly appreciated..I have been Looking forward to this for like what 5years now and any bonus news on 13 versus is welcome as well.

Kursik
4th Jan 2013, 23:14
What would you all say will be the level of constructive feedback per beta phase. The beta test is set to last at the least 8 weeks to the most being 18 weeks unless something really goes wrong. What's your guess? April, May, June, or July?

Well as an alpha tester feedback could be posted and submitted pretty much till the end of alpha phase. As for release I'm saying June/July will be the sheduled release as they plan to have closed beta and open beta, as well as beta for ps3. If delayed your looking into August or further.

As far as alpha testing went all I can say is, it's something to look out for and you're gonna enjoy it when it releases 8)

Jarjar355
6th Jan 2013, 14:33
Does anyone know when the Beta Application site is going to open up and when it does how will I find it? I heard somewhere that its supposed to open tomorrow but that was on some random website.

ShermedOut
6th Jan 2013, 15:01
Does anyone know when the Beta Application site is going to open up and when it does how will I find it? I heard somewhere that its supposed to open tomorrow but that was on some random website.

I Wish i knew it looks pretty sweet i can wait

Zazmo
6th Jan 2013, 15:37
I am also looking forward to this. It's been a while since I was on FFXI and I'm hoping that ARR doesn't suck.

member_10766738
7th Jan 2013, 08:16
It's open right now:

entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na (http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na)

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 14:24
well i just opened the beta regesteration site for the Realm reborn and it asked me if i have the memebers code contained on the game's box well i tried to put the code but the code i have there contain more letters it look like this ( XXXXXX - 000 - XXXXXX - 000 )

if anyone can help , i'll much appreciate that

oblivionk
7th Jan 2013, 14:55
They are asking for the members code from a purchased copy of Final Fantasy 13 not 14, if you have one it makes you a priority for the beta test some how. At least that is what I saw on my register screen. The code should be on the inside cover of the game case where the booklet is, on a piece of paper.

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 15:05
i know i'm trying to FF13's code but it doesn't fit that registeration screen

my code have six letters on the first space , three numbers on the second , six letters on the third and three numbers on the fourth and on that site i can only type 4 letters per space

member_10220056
7th Jan 2013, 15:06
There's no way to get this number pulled up from your account, is there? I registered my copy of FFXIII when I first purchased it to get the Asuran Armguards but have since lost my copy of the code.

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 15:13
I don't think that you can, but i'm having this issue which is really pain idk how am i suppose to enter the code

wait are they asking for product regestration card code ? or its something else ?

kaprasky
7th Jan 2013, 15:31
hola soy un gran fan de la saga i e esperado con ancias el anuncio de la nueva edicion del game ... T_T porfa quiero ser uno de los afortunados en poder participar en el evento beta del game ... gracias por la atencion prestada =)

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 15:33
hola soy un gran fan de la saga i e esperado con ancias el anuncio de la nueva edicion del game ... T_T porfa quiero ser uno de los afortunados en poder participar en el evento beta del game ... gracias por la atencion prestada =)

english please ...

kaprasky
7th Jan 2013, 15:37
i am a big fan of the series ie cravings awaited the announcement of the new edition of the game ... T_T porfa want to be one of the lucky ones to be able to participate in the beta event the game ... Thanks for your attention =) I hope I do not worry that I have tanbien 20 years in spite speak English, Spanish, Portuguese and some French

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 15:40
yeah everyone wants to , but idk whats the point of making it complicated

kaprasky
7th Jan 2013, 15:45
Thanks for the quick reply but apparently I did not understand much the last message I do this because I want to be one of the lucky winners of an id beta for Final Fantasy XIV. from grabbing a lot and been a lot porder segidor and desire to have that opportunity because if there is any way that I need to jump or something Asher to get the information I owe

oblivionk
7th Jan 2013, 16:05
Not sure about the extra numbers but i have seen a lot of other posts in regards to that. I would contact customer support. Is you copy of ff13 on ps3 or xbox? Mine was ps3 and the code fit in. I'm curios if people are having trouble on with ps3, xbox or both.

Edit: and yes it is the product registration code, found on the product registration card.

Vorlord
7th Jan 2013, 16:13
So my question to all the avid fans of FF... if I were to by the Greatest Hits of Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3, will I still be able to recieve the code for the beta test of Final Fantasy XIV? If not, what are my other options, if there's still one available?

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 16:33
Not sure about the extra numbers but i have seen a lot of other posts in regards to that. I would contact customer support. Is you copy of ff13 on ps3 or xbox? Mine was ps3 and the code fit in. I'm curios if people are having trouble on with ps3, xbox or both.

Edit: and yes it is the product registration code, found on the product registration card.

i hope that someone will answer this

member_10192404
7th Jan 2013, 17:24
If you already used ur code when applying for the first beta, no worries just indicated it on the application and they will confirm it. not all FFXIII had the special code. see below

FINAL FANTASY XIII (PS3) SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Code Recipients

Players who wish to participate in the PlayStation 3 beta test and who have a SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS code that came bundled with the initial shipments of FINAL FANTASY XIII(PS3), please enter this code in the designated area. You will be given priority when the time comes to select PlayStation 3 beta testers.

If you entered this code when applying for the beta test for Version 1.0, please indicate this on your application. Following confirmation, we will attempt to prioritize your application during the

Dengojin
7th Jan 2013, 18:17
nevermind i made an account without the code the chances of getting the code are really oddy though ...

Jarjar355
7th Jan 2013, 19:26
I applied for the beta today and entered the code bundled with XIII but i realized now it has a (ps3) next to it. I entered a code from the xbox 360 version. Does it still count? :o

member_10442189
7th Jan 2013, 22:19
I was anticipating FFXIV for a looong time and eagerly bought FFXIII and put the code in (I'm pretty sure) for the FFXIV PS3 beta. Long since forgotten, I played the PC beta and bought the PC game before giving up on the game. Now I'm anticipating this re-release for the PS3 and want to beta test it. However, I don't have the code anymore and don't know if I'm already signed up or whatnot... it's just been so long. Is there any way to tell if you're signed up or accepted or whatever?

Thanks!

member_10751449
7th Jan 2013, 22:26
So my question to all the avid fans of FF... if I were to by the Greatest Hits of Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3, will I still be able to recieve the code for the beta test of Final Fantasy XIV? If not, what are my other options, if there's still one available?

The answer to your first question is, No. I just recently bought a new greatest hits version of final fantasy XIII for ps3 and all it came with was a square enix member points card.

I have no clue on your 2nd question.

member_10135745
7th Jan 2013, 22:48
I have the same problem! What would be nice is if SE could tell by when you registered FFXIII for the PS3 via SE Members serial code.
I'd love to find out the same thing.

ArkAurelius
7th Jan 2013, 22:57
I know this is a weird question that popped up in my head right after applying, but i should ask anyway.

Is there any possibility Beta Testers will be paid or in someway compensated for their cooperation, or is this all just stricly volunteering?

It wont change my decision, just wanted to know is all

Jarjar355
7th Jan 2013, 23:08
Its strictly vollunteer. The payoff is that you get to play the game early :p

Goma999
8th Jan 2013, 00:20
I was anticipating FFXIV for a looong time and eagerly bought FFXIII and put the code in (I'm pretty sure) for the FFXIV PS3 beta. Long since forgotten, I played the PC beta and bought the PC game before giving up on the game. Now I'm anticipating this re-release for the PS3 and want to beta test it. However, I don't have the code anymore and don't know if I'm already signed up or whatnot... it's just been so long. Is there any way to tell if you're signed up or accepted or whatever?

Thanks!

if you already use that code, your automaticly in. so dont worry and it's a shame you stop, just because. could paid 3 month's worth and get legacy status,there's alot to gain with legacy but oh well.

member_10442189
8th Jan 2013, 00:35
I think I did buy 3 months of it... I just couldn't take it anymore.

Goma999
8th Jan 2013, 00:37
Its strictly vollunteer. The payoff is that you get to play the game early :p

yeah pretty much, you get play the game ahead and you can star working your char. that's about it.

JonBrinton
8th Jan 2013, 01:08
It's actually a very rewarding experience participating in a beta because you actually help shape/form/create/refine the game in a certain way. That's payment enough for me!

JonBrinton
8th Jan 2013, 01:36
I'm not sure, I entered my PS3 FFXlll but when I went to register the same game it wouldn't let me so I don't know whats going on there http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

member_10632777
8th Jan 2013, 11:30
What if you registered Final Fantasy XIII when you first got it? Do you still have to enter it in on the beta application ? I wonder

Dengojin
8th Jan 2013, 13:43
ok i finally got my code for my XIII copy and its imported from japan so i have 20 digit codes and i can't find the right place to put it in and when i went to the japanese site i wasn't able to understand a thing !

i'm saudi btw

Iceaura
8th Jan 2013, 13:55
I applied for the beta today and entered the code bundled with XIII but i realized now it has a (ps3) next to it. I entered a code from the xbox 360 version. Does it still count? :o

no idea =/

Mitskuna
8th Jan 2013, 15:39
You can copy and paste the Japanese site into google translate or you can use google chrome to translate to your native language. I know the NA site gives you only 16 digit codes, as came with my FFXIII and FFXIII-2 games. So you have better luck on the JP site. if you do need any translations for it, let me know. I can navigate you through the site if need be.

Dengojin
8th Jan 2013, 16:20
thx man , i used chrome to translate it but i can't find the sign in option

ArkAurelius
8th Jan 2013, 17:15
It's actually a very rewarding experience participating in a beta because you actually help shape/form/create/refine the game in a certain way. That's payment enough for me!

Haha, this one rings pretty loud. I agree with you.

You15
8th Jan 2013, 17:35
SOOO when are they ganna start sending invited ( picking) people for the beta? Has anyone got an invite yet??

Dengojin
8th Jan 2013, 17:47
not yet

Jarjar355
8th Jan 2013, 18:54
They have said that they are going to send out invites before each phase. The PS3 beta will begin on phase 3 which will probably start mid or late March. If that is the one you applied for then you will know a few days before then

member_10458622
8th Jan 2013, 19:14
From what I heard there's going to be several beta phases, the first phase will be for PC players I believe and hopefully be around later this month. And then the 2nd phase which will still be for PC, then finally 3rd-4th phase that ps3 players will be able to play will be around March-April. We should get an e-mail telling us if we got invited, I got an e-mail for alpha test last month... so just hope and wait until then.

shadowtheif
9th Jan 2013, 19:58
Hi, I have been unable to register for the Final Fantasy XIV beta. When ever i go to the registration site it gives me a [Error 7003, Unable to send due to an unknown error. Please wait a while and try again from the beginning.]. I have used both Chrome and Firefox to access the page but i get the same error. I really want to register for the beta if anybody can help i appreciate it. :)

Jarjar355
9th Jan 2013, 20:09
did you go to the sign up sight through the main final fantasy xiv website? it should work fine from there

shadowtheif
9th Jan 2013, 20:19
Ah, thanks I went to the beta registration from the Square Enix website. I watched the New Opening for the game from one of the blogs and on the bottom it had the registration site link that I tried to use. :-)

Deevon180
10th Jan 2013, 01:14
Hey all,

I recently applied for the beta for FFXIV and it seems I accidently bipassed the survey. Is there anyway to take the survey after you have applied for the beta?

DTK

member_10628951
10th Jan 2013, 09:06
This happened to me too. I don't know how it happened but it did.

Grimoire
10th Jan 2013, 11:03
This question does not belong in the [FINAL FANTASY Series General Discussion (/go/forum/view/139235/235425/final_fantasy_series_general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

Eragrost
10th Jan 2013, 11:39
what's the chances of me getting invited for the beta lol not usually lucky so... like will i actually get to play the beta?

Dengojin
10th Jan 2013, 12:32
what's the chances of me getting invited for the beta lol not usually lucky so... like will i actually get to play the beta?

ahleen hassan

the chances are depending on your answers for the survey "its not like if you answered right you'll get it 100%" nope it will just increase the chances of getting it also don't forget to use your FFXIII code

Eragrost
10th Jan 2013, 13:04
oh crap i didn't take the survey, it said optional :,( didn't say mandatory , and i cant find my final fantasy 13 membership code, that was longtime ago... crap lol that totally destroyed my chances lol could i re-apply?

Dengojin
10th Jan 2013, 14:13
oh crap i didn't take the survey, it said optional :,( didn't say mandatory , and i cant find my final fantasy 13 membership code, that was longtime ago... crap lol that totally destroyed my chances lol could i re-apply?

yes you can re-apply if you used another email address

Deevon180
10th Jan 2013, 19:52
Hey all,

I recently applied for the beta for FFXIV and it seems I accidently bipassed the survey. Is there anyway to take the survey after you have applied for the beta?

DTK

Deevon180
10th Jan 2013, 19:53
I have made a new thread in the proper forum. How can I remove this one?

SiiN
10th Jan 2013, 22:04
Go to Final Fantasy XIV The Loadstone but i think it said "only 1 entry per person, all other entry's will be deleted".. not 100% sure tho.. i took the survey, bet a bunch of entrys didnt..

SiiN
10th Jan 2013, 22:11
WOOOW ps3 phase wont start till Mar - Apr? That sux.. i was hoping it would start sometime Feb.. seriously cant wait for this game to hit shelves..

SiiN
10th Jan 2013, 22:30
The code came with copies of the game at launch.. Maybe try to buy an unopened release day copy from amazon or some other site, not really sure how you could obtain 1 tho.. Good luck!

jackpinkate
11th Jan 2013, 02:22
I am a new member in the board,I like video games and online games.So I like the topic very well.And by the way if you know some interesting online game,please share with me.Thanks.Hope you have a good time in the game!

--------------------------------------------

Love rs game,enjoy runescape gold (http://www.rs2cheap.com/runescape-gold.html) and cheap runescape gold (http://www.rs2cheap.com/runescape-gold.html)

new_tradition
11th Jan 2013, 02:40
^ You can report your own first post in the thread and mention the reason is a request to be deleted or something.

Jarjar355
11th Jan 2013, 08:52
Well okay according to the Square Enix Beta Roadmap this is how the beta will go down

BETA Phase 1 begins for PC mid Febuary - (aprox 2-4 weeks then 1-2 weeks for debugging)

Phase 2 for PC - (aprox 1-3 weeks then 1-2 weeks of debugging)

Phase 3 for PS3 and PC - (aprox 1-3 weeks then 1-2 weeks of debugging)

Phase 4 for PS3 and PC (approx 1-2 weeks)

Phase 5 - LAUNCH GAME!

And Sqenix has stated that they will be sending out invites right before the start of each phase to gradually increase the player count so yea

Grimoire
11th Jan 2013, 15:22
This question does not belong in the [General Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139231/233953/general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

Sosa
12th Jan 2013, 03:29
yes as SIN said, the code for the 13 was only printed on the day it was release. You wont be able to obtain it unless theirs someone out there has an old school copy still wrap or still has the code in it.

member_10792803
12th Jan 2013, 07:17
I was wondering if I get to be in the beta if I owned the original ff14? Sorry didn't really know where to post this.

Grimoire
12th Jan 2013, 07:26
This question does not belong in the [FINAL FANTASY Series General Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235425/final_fantasy_series_general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

h00aoj
12th Jan 2013, 14:57
Nope, u have to be lagacy member (paying costumer for some time).

I do belive u will be able to install the old copy of FFXIV (u will recieve a new game client for download tho).

member_10224768
13th Jan 2013, 20:52
Thanks Jon, at least I have clarity in what's going on now instead of wondering. Awesome. Very excited to get in there and check this out. I guess previous owners of the game don't get to the front of the line unless they paid 90 days advanced :/ Wish I had the money to do that at the time. :/

komensai12
14th Jan 2013, 12:33
i registered twice just to make sure, same email. but still no email verification was sent on my gmail.
i dont know what to do anymore, i signed up for the beta testing for FF14 and it states there that i need to have an account here
i signed in using facebook . . (._.)

Btw its the Red and Black card right? the code that i should enter for beta sign up to gain priority ( than the ones that did not bought ff13)
Here is link of the picture just to make sure.

instagram.com/p/Ts4aFEulJR/?fb_action_id... (http://instagram.com/p/Ts4aFEulJR/?fb_action_ids=495149243863622&fb_action_types=instapp%3Atake&fb_ref=ogexp&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=282366635119873 )

Kurusonkai
14th Jan 2013, 19:40
Anyone hear anything about a release date for the game yet? What SQEnix might be eludin' to?

member_10835995
14th Jan 2013, 19:44
cool

member_10835995
14th Jan 2013, 19:59
That is some good info.

Jarjar355
15th Jan 2013, 07:42
Judging by the beta estimatates I would say the release date will probably be mid May to early June. But thats just my thoughts :p

Kurusonkai
15th Jan 2013, 11:13
Yeah. That would sound about right. Was just wonderin cause they got a pre-order for the game's "release date" on some websites on 03/26/2013; for the ps3 version. Highly doubting that with the beta schedules. Then again who knows? The sooner the better, right?

KnightValor
16th Jan 2013, 14:57
Along the phases do they update/fix the game after each one?

Grimoire
16th Jan 2013, 15:09
[na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29630175/FINAL_FANTASY_XIII_Members_Code_Request_Thread;_RE:_Applying_FINAL_FANTASY_XIV:_A_Realm_Reborn_Beta)]

HRN
16th Jan 2013, 18:31
I made the same mistake, and it seems there's no way to take the survey using the same email address.

After searching thoroughly for alternatives, I reapplied and took the survey with another email address. The survey looks like it's 100% necessary to be considered for beta... And much to my dismay, I received an 'unknown error' upon submission with the new email address. Now I'm freaking out at the thought that I won't be able to take part in this. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

member_10118473
16th Jan 2013, 22:48
I registered for FFXIV beta without the FFXIII code and i just found my code today. When I tried to apply again it said i already submitted one from that email. Is there a way to change my application to add the FFXIII code?

Goma999
17th Jan 2013, 00:28
That is some good info.

somewhere btw march 25-30 for ps3 beta.

Grimoire
17th Jan 2013, 02:41
Post your question in this thread: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29630175/FINAL_FANTASY_XIII_Members_Code_Request_Thread;_RE:_Applying_FINAL_FANTASY_XIV:_A_Realm_Reborn_Beta)

Jarjar355
17th Jan 2013, 15:16
Along the phases do they update/fix the game after each one?

Yes in between each Phase will be a debugging process which will take about 1-2 weeks

KnightValor
23rd Jan 2013, 16:54
I really hope the beta goes well *crosses fingers*

KnightValor
24th Jan 2013, 15:50
I made the same mistake, and it seems there's no way to take the survey using the same email address.

After searching thoroughly for alternatives, I reapplied and took the survey with another email address. The survey looks like it's 100% necessary to be considered for beta... And much to my dismay, I received an 'unknown error' upon submission with the new email address. Now I'm freaking out at the thought that I won't be able to take part in this.

When a single email does not succeed, create multiple and try and try again.

ShiroyoOchigano
27th Jan 2013, 07:07
Hey guys, Like many of you I have also applied to become a beta tester for Final Fantasy XIV ARR and I hope I get selected ^_^

Good luck to all of you as well. Also from the looks of the trailers the game looks very promising. Havn't looked forward to a game this much since fable and dota 2 XD

Kougeru
28th Jan 2013, 16:41
This is not true. I never paid anything and I got into the closed beta.

Starsoul
28th Jan 2013, 18:25
Yeah i wonder though, i just came back to see whats going on , version 2 looks awsome

I wish though that since i bought the first copy and that i played the old version and everything i could have acces for beta !

Dengojin
14th Feb 2013, 09:11
ok we're about to get into the middle of this month , so i need someone to inform me when is the beta going to start ? so i won't miss a minute of the launch date !

Dyvineheals
14th Feb 2013, 13:56
Yah I am super excited, really hope to get selected, i swear the new video almost made tears come to my eyes just by how awesome it was...

KnightValor
14th Feb 2013, 19:04
ok we're about to get into the middle of this month , so i need someone to inform me when is the beta going to start ? so i won't miss a minute of the launch date !

they said they will announce it a few days before it starts so whenever they say it is going to still be a few more days. Hope this helped a teency weeney bit.

HRN
15th Feb 2013, 10:19
February 25th. (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60542)

Dengojin
15th Feb 2013, 11:43
February 25th. (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60542)

thanks man

member_10600087
19th Feb 2013, 11:16
as for a topic. please kindly resend beta key for FFXIV for ID - notorln ?

I had an altinate email : notenjiro@gmail.com (mailto:notenjiro@gmail.com) . but i dont recieved any mail for beta test via Im a Lagacy member with this mail.

so... Ill changed notenjiro@gmail.com (mailto:notenjiro@gmail.com) to main email for this account. please kindly resend key for me ?

--------
thanks

Grimoire
19th Feb 2013, 14:06
Explain your situation in this thread [FINAL FANTASY XIII Members Code Request Thread; RE: Applying FINAL... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29630175/FINAL_FANTASY_XIII_Members_Code_Request_Thread;_RE:_Applying_FINAL_FANTASY_XIV:_A_Realm_Reborn_Beta)]

member_10600087
19th Feb 2013, 21:42
thank you for your advice GRAVITY :)

member_10572752
20th Feb 2013, 09:55
Does anyone else have this issue? I've registered and have been accepted for the BETA with a code and everything; but I have 0 clue where to download the game.

member_10533564
20th Feb 2013, 18:26
I got an email from

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Operations Department (http://sn138w.snt138.mail.live.com/mail/)

is this legit? the email was all text (no pics)

I am afraid it might be some scam and im afraid to click the provided link

I would also like to know more about how to d/l the new client and register my beta code

Dengojin
21st Feb 2013, 12:41
can anyone answer my question , i checked my email and i haven't received any email from SE about the beta , am i not selected or i have to wait ?

AveHax
21st Feb 2013, 13:33
in the email you will recieve about in all betas the are enrolling more and more so keep checking your email

yes wait

they are after different computers and type of players based on there needs first

member_10298116
21st Feb 2013, 18:07
I have signed up also but no reply

Leaferian-379423
22nd Feb 2013, 01:41
My friend and I (who pay for an account together and achieved Legacy status around July last year) got our beta code today, and it doesn't look like there's a download. I'm thinking we'll all get emails when the download is ready, which I'm assuming won't be till the evening of the 24th/middle of the day on the 25th.

member_10533564
22nd Feb 2013, 17:34
are there moderators on this forum? or are we stuck to figure it out ourselves?

Grimoire
23rd Feb 2013, 01:15
Contact [FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

Dengojin
24th Feb 2013, 06:57
ok its already 24 feb now and i haven't received anything yet .. anyway i just wanted to try the beta to tell you my feedback nothing more or less i'll buy the game once it come i just wasted 1 month of my life checking my email over and over but it was for nothing , THANKS !

Jsonlarson
24th Feb 2013, 11:39
You wasted a month of your life? Did you sit at the computer 24/7 constantly reloading your inbox for an entire month?

Dengojin
24th Feb 2013, 13:50
You wasted a month of your life? Did you sit at the computer 24/7 constantly reloading your inbox for an entire month?

lol ? "i meant by 1 month" its that i waited for a month for nothing ...

Jsonlarson
24th Feb 2013, 13:56
I know, just eff'n with you. Maybe you'll get an invite today or tomorrow.

Dengojin
24th Feb 2013, 14:57
I know, just eff'n with you. Maybe you'll get an invite today or tomorrow.

haha xD lets wait and see

You15
25th Feb 2013, 11:51
If anybody got an invite beta key report here plzz. wanna know who got one and when lol. So excited for this. im on PS3. Leave your psn if you interested in playing. Hope you guys the best of getting to be one of the (choosen ones).

Dengojin
25th Feb 2013, 15:01
ok this is getting ridiculous , all my friends got their codes expect me they should have at least told me that i'm not selected to stop thinking about it ! ...

Wardevil
25th Feb 2013, 15:41
If anybody got an invite beta key report here plzz. wanna know who got one and when lol. So excited for this. im on PS3. Leave your psn if you interested in playing. Hope you guys the best of getting to be one of the (choosen ones).

I have my beta key...

25th Feb 2013, 17:42
Hi,
Thanks for allowing me to join the Square Enix Forum website.

I have the Serial Code for my purchased copy of XIII-2, if consistent with your policy, may I apply for FF-XIV Realm Beta Tester? If so, what steps must I follow?

Again, thanks, and thanks for this excellent website. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

samircury
25th Feb 2013, 18:40
Hi,

I have the Serial Code for my purchased copy of XIII-2, if consistent with your policy, may I apply for FF-XIV Realm Beta Tester? If so, what steps must I follow?

Again, thanks, and thanks for this excellent website.

me too, i also have purchased copy of XIII-2 and couldt apply for beta =( this is so unfair

member_10392761
25th Feb 2013, 18:40
I didn't get an invite and I was in the orginal beta on top of it.

samircury
25th Feb 2013, 18:41
Hi,

Again, thanks, and thanks for this excellent website.

sqex_3528169
25th Feb 2013, 19:04
Can u join beta? how do i do so? i need some ff in my life.. i stopped 11 and im lost between mmo's waiting on realm reborn :(

Grimoire
26th Feb 2013, 02:36
Contact [FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

Vamped
26th Feb 2013, 12:49
PS3 beta doesn't start til Phase 3.

Syntaxii
26th Feb 2013, 20:31
I was in the original beta too but didnt get an invite either, don't expect it.

Wish Square enix would let some of us pre order the game and get closed beta access, I mean its best for them and those who are super fanbois too, wtb beta!

Dengojin
26th Feb 2013, 21:36
i'm waiting for the other phases if i'm not invited on the closed beta ones so i will wait for the open beta to come

member_10146811
26th Feb 2013, 21:45
i was in the first beta, played the game for months, and i didn't get picked either. i'm extremely bummed. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

DeeceeCreator
28th Feb 2013, 21:52
I would love to get in, the 2.0 changes have me very interested in playing. I also want to know more about the materia system!

SinfulGFX
2nd Mar 2013, 09:59
I Just got invited to the Beta yesterday but I don't see anywhere I can download the Beta Client; does anyone have any Idea where I'm suppose to download it at? Any help would be much appreciated.

sQUIDWURD
2nd Mar 2013, 10:56

I got my beta for PC and registered.. Just waiting for 10pm to play.

member_10028496
2nd Mar 2013, 11:11
the email with the code will lead you to the Beta forums and you can download the client there

SinfulGFX
2nd Mar 2013, 11:23
It Sends me to http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/index_na.html and I've registered My Key but I still have yet to find the Download for the Beta.

member_10606539
2nd Mar 2013, 13:38
forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/7... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/7065-Welcome-to-the-Test-Client-Download-%28Windows%29-Forum!)

Unlimax_SE
6th Mar 2013, 16:35
Lucky you guys ..

I can't believe i still didn't got any invites to the beta .. Even on 1.0.0 not getting a single chance on any of those Beta's in any of SE games till this day !

isntqxl
7th Mar 2013, 06:47
Really hope i can get into the beta, it sounds like alot of fun! and Unlimax i know what it feels like on multiple games but who kanows maybe youll get lucky this time around.

Unlimax_SE
11th Mar 2013, 09:23
It's not gonna happen my friend .. i'm just unlucky in everything http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

fflover13
12th Mar 2013, 02:58
What do I do participate in the experience of folding any new game in Final Fantasy?Register for free?Open to all?Do I demands an end to play the experimental version?

wangdong1261
13th Mar 2013, 00:15
I applied for the test , but did not reply , this game is worth the wait , and hope to have the opportunity to test this game . Would like to know the fourth stage began when , and pre-sale time?

SiiN
13th Mar 2013, 21:53
we all r waiting 4 that same info.

SiiN
13th Mar 2013, 22:00
just know u wont b the only 1 left out, theirs thousands that wont get an invite... i have my fingers crossed 4 the ps3 beta.. keep ya head up and an eye on your email.. good luck 2 all

wangdong1261
14th Mar 2013, 03:48
Beta 3 is continuing. 4 how long probably

Leaferian-379423
14th Mar 2013, 03:55
We're still in Stage 1, probably for another week or so unless something happened to delay their roadmap. After that, according to the roadmap, will be a week of debugging until Phase 2.

wangdong1261
14th Mar 2013, 06:11
If give you xiv test, and a 7, which one would you choose?

wangdong1261
15th Mar 2013, 22:13
For those players who took the test, I hope I can know some interesting story, or an overview of tasks. If you have the plan for a new task, to share.

tuneraddict
15th Mar 2013, 22:22
It just feels weird that all these people that didn't have XIV already got picked when I didn't, even though I have XIII, XIV, and a high end computer.

/crying

16th Mar 2013, 00:06
may i know your computer specs?

Button
16th Mar 2013, 23:32
You need of had legacy status. Meaning, You would have had to be subsribed for 3 months before the 1.0 servers went down. Beta phase 2 can't be far off so better luck next time.

The_Fallen
21st Mar 2013, 19:41
I am patiently waiting for ps3 beta key. They are so silent about this game its nerve racking im the leader of a 30+ person guild who have yet recieve it or any information about it

member_10198928
24th Mar 2013, 16:43
I'm unable to post this in the FFXIV thread because I have yet to create an account.

My question is, does anyone have any idea when phase 3 will begin that lets the PS3 users participate in the beta? Are they even going to tell us if we got the invite with some notice? I heard phase 3 would start two weeks after phase 1 did, but its been a month now.

KIEI916
24th Mar 2013, 18:59
don't know if this will help out or not but it's a link to his latest letter from the producer(besides the live one coming on the 4th of april),and he mentions phase two begining in early april. it doesn't say anything on the ps3 beta, and though I have the game on the pc.. I only signed up for the ps3 beta so I'm waiting to see when it comes up too. but since he did mention phase 2 so maybe it's getting closer.

hopefully someone with more info can help out... I did think there was a timeline out there..... but not sure what it was.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/6130... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61306)

mike.woodall.71
29th Mar 2013, 21:57
Confused, but I should be legacy yet I have recieved no email?

mike.woodall.71
29th Mar 2013, 21:59
Yeah, I am legacy and I didnt get invite. I thought all legacy got in.....so sad.

member_10005833
29th Mar 2013, 22:04
If you are actually legacy, like you have the legacy icon in your square enix account then yes you got in. Might want to check your spam.

If you did not make 90 days worth of payments up until September of 2012, you are not legacy, you were just a subscriber and you'll get in in phase 3.

mike.woodall.71
29th Mar 2013, 22:06
where is the legacy icon? I should be legacy. I had more then 90 days subbed. When I log into square enix I see nothing about legacy, download, nada. Got a screenshot?

Canen
29th Mar 2013, 22:59
If you were legacy you would have known months ago.

TEMPTEDGUY
1st Apr 2013, 12:37
I just got invited to play Final Fantasy XIV Beta, So I used my beta key but thats as far as I got. Can anybody help me cause I didn't get any download nor I didn't get help in the forums.

TEMPTEDGUY
1st Apr 2013, 12:40
I just got invited to play Final Fantasy XIV Beta, So I used my beta key but thats as far as I got. Can anybody help me cause I didn't get any download nor I didn't get help in the forums.

To add, this was for PC

member_10005833
1st Apr 2013, 13:01
Beta Phase 2 doesn't start until Friday. Beta forums states the schedule and where to get the client. Read a bit more thoroughly.

TEMPTEDGUY
1st Apr 2013, 13:02
Oh alright thanks

Jyashi
1st Apr 2013, 13:13
I cant log into the beta forum... can log into anything else but that.

xxmajikmikexx
1st Apr 2013, 13:15

same here

cvanchuck80
1st Apr 2013, 14:37
Beta Phase 2 doesn't start until Friday. Beta forums states the schedule and where to get the client. Read a bit more thoroughly.

Where are you getting this information???

cvanchuck80
1st Apr 2013, 14:37

TORRES5150
1st Apr 2013, 15:12
English Forums > Getting Started > Test Client Download

kevv
1st Apr 2013, 15:16
I am happy to know it is not an issue with my account. Although the forums say Beta 2 begins Friday, alot of us are noobs.

It would be easy to assume that Phase 1 would finish Thursday at 12:00.

The email from SE wasn't very specific about this. Alot of people are too anxious to read the forums and just want to join in ! (like myself)

missingafew
1st Apr 2013, 17:21
I was also invited. Created an account but when i try to log in to use my beta key it says id or password is incorrect. I have confirmed my account and even changed password but still hasnt helped.

ArtaxBjorn
1st Apr 2013, 19:06
Indeed same issue here. Yes, I'm a noob for beta testing FF. But, i've beta tested other games. Clarity would be nice.

anthonycoiro91
1st Apr 2013, 19:45
I am having the same issue as you guys. I got chosen for the beta but whenever I try to login the site it says invalid password/ID, meanwhile it's clearly not the wrong ID because I can log into this fine. Also for people saying to "Read more", I can link you the exact e-mail SE sent me. There is absolutely no timetable or directions on how to download the client. Most importantly though I'm clueless as to why it keeps saying invalid password and ID. To people who already have it downloaded- did you have to wait a while before this changed?

Deputydog17
2nd Apr 2013, 06:46
I'm thinking I must be having the same problem. I didn't think I had the one time password activated on my account but maybe that's my problem. Anyonthose having the problem know for sure if they did?

xochipilli
2nd Apr 2013, 10:37
I just recieved my Beta acceptance message yesterday. I'm on the PS3

Lixxark
2nd Apr 2013, 14:14
Could I get a link to this forum you guys are talking about? When I click on the link supplied in my e-mail all it does it link me to my Square account. I've registed my code, and the FFXIV beta does appear in my activated games, but I don't know where to download the client. Halp.

Kanethedragon
2nd Apr 2013, 14:27
Wait which Beta? I'm assuming you guys are talking about PC, because I signed up for the PS3 one a couple months back (in January) and so far I haven't gotten any notification on anything, so does this mean that I wasn't accepted (most likely because when I signed I didn't have my PS3 then, have it now though) or Square's still working on that?

Nevareburvelle@yahoo.com
2nd Apr 2013, 14:43
I've been try to do all of this and having all the same problems http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif, but if it doesn't start until Friday I'll be patient.......*twitches violently*

Lixxark
2nd Apr 2013, 15:21
Edit: Solved my issue.

Asuha
2nd Apr 2013, 19:08
Phase three will likely begin by sometime in May, if not later.

Opsfox
2nd Apr 2013, 19:36
Edit: Solved my issue.

mind telling us where you went to find this out. Ive got accepted to beta but now cant find anything about when it is or where the download is. The emails didnt tell me much and jumping through accounts is pretty annoying aswell. Please help someone Im confused about all this, where are the beta forums and where is the download?

xochipilli
2nd Apr 2013, 19:44
Yes, apparently I was accepted for the windows version.

Asuha
2nd Apr 2013, 19:46
Read the email that was sent to you.

Asuha
2nd Apr 2013, 19:58
PC beta will still go through phase 2.

MaRodney
2nd Apr 2013, 20:37
In the beta forums go to "Getting Started" and then go to "Test Client Download". Then click the link and follow the instructions. And presto! You should have it downloading.

Hope this was good enough instructions for everybody.

Fyuri
3rd Apr 2013, 11:44
Most of us can't get into the beta forums, but if the next phase doesn't start until Friday, that would be why. BUT, our invites didn't say when it started, so how are we to know?

Fyuri
3rd Apr 2013, 11:47
Read the email that was sent to you.

The email sent to us is part of the problem. We follow the instructions exactly and get the same issue as everyone else. we register the beta then can't login to the beta forum to download the client. There is NO mention in the email that states when the phase starts so if that's where you're getting at you're wrong.

member_10529463
3rd Apr 2013, 13:29
You wouldn't believe the hell I went through just to get back to this site to help you guys. lol. Well, heres the solution to your porblems.

1. Click the Link in your email (obviously) **keep this page up

2. Do step one on that webpage, which is basically applying your key to the account and what not.

3. Go BACK to that webpage that opened from the email, and select step 2, which sends you to the forum.

4. (This is the part that several have listed already) In the beta forums go to "Getting Started" and then go to "Test Client Download". Then click the link and follow the instructions.

Unlimax_SE
5th Apr 2013, 18:02
Gratz my friend for the invite :]

SeanD1972
5th Apr 2013, 21:04
I see no way to get to any beta forums. I had the key and used it properly to allow me into the beta. I don't know what is going on here but I want to play FFXIV Reborn if it is going on right now. I am supposed to be in the beta !!!!!!!!! Are there actually people playing FFXIV Reborn right now ? Seriously wth is going on ? If I am asked into doing something I shouldn't have to jump through 1000 hoops to do it.

Why can't I access the beta forums !?!?!?! No matter what password I use with my email address for the login it won't let me in !

Uggghhhh

Grimoire
6th Apr 2013, 02:28
[FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

ledonnis
6th Apr 2013, 07:27
Hello I just received a beta invite for XIV but can't find the page to enter the key please help

Grimoire
6th Apr 2013, 08:56
[FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Customer Service] [/url][url="http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1"]support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5382&la=1)

ledonnis
8th Apr 2013, 13:06
The first thing I did was check there and couldn't find any initial feedback regarding my issue I have contacted support and they will be assiting me on the matter. Thanks for your assistance appreciate it. I also noticed I have trouble logging in on square enix threw there main sign in page it doesn't always let me sign in but signing in threw facebook always works.

Grimoire
8th Apr 2013, 21:41
Yes...unfortunately, this is a common issue. See this thread: [Same login, multiple accounts? (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349/29151441/Same_login,_multiple_accounts)]

It's a good thing that you managed to link your account with Facebook.

robertallen
10th Apr 2013, 11:59
I received this e-mail this morning...but it seems fishy. It was in a wierd font as well.

========== This e-mail has been sent to the registered e-mail address of a Square Enix account holder who has applied to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please disregard this e-mail if you do not recall submitting an application. ========== Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected for the role of Beta Tester. Be sure to read over this e-mail thoroughly and we look forward to your assistance during the testing process. To register the enclosed FFXIV: ARR Beta Test code, please follow the instructions on the following site:

</pre>

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Registration Code ======== The 20 Letter/Digit Beta Code was here spaced out in 4 characters per set. ======== *If you opted to test both the Windows and PlayStation 3 versions of the beta test please note that an announcement will be made before the start of Beta Test phase 3 for those wishing to test on the PlayStation 3. *This registration code cannot be reissued, so please do not lose it. *Transferring or selling this registration code to another individual is prohibited. In the case prohibited actions are discovered, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended. Confidentiality Obligations As stated in the &ldquo;FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement,&rdquo; testers are prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test. Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications of the Beta version, technology, bugs and information available on the Beta Tester forums (including the opinions of yourself and others) to any other person or external sites (including blogs and social media sites). In the event that we confirm that infringement has occurred, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended. As we progress through the phases of the Beta Test, we are planning to remove the limitations on publicizing information. A separate announcement will be made when this becomes possible, so please abide by the above guidelines until that time. Please conduct all feedback and discussions with other testers on the Beta Tester forums. Thank you for helping to make FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn the best game it can be! If you have any questions regarding this e-mail or any other aspect of the Beta test, please visit the Square Enix Support Center. (The URL was here)

-- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Operations Department SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. * This mail address is for sending purposes only. Please do not reply to this e-mail.</pre>

------
Then it had a sqex dot to shortcode website attached to it (I dare not add it for fear someone would go to it)

Is this real or fake?

</pre>

robertallen
10th Apr 2013, 11:59
Hmm, I guess my copy and paste didn't add any paragraphs to it.

gobot
10th Apr 2013, 12:07
I had the same problem as most on here, but I nice enough to come back and tell you guys how I fixed it.

You get the email inviting you to the beta. There is a link and a beta key.

Click the link and follow the directions.

Click the first link and login your account using your email name or username. Or create an account. If you already have an account, take note of your "username" not your email login name. Register your beta key.

Go back to the email link and click on the second link to create a forum account. You have to login by using your "username" not your email name. The password should be the same.

You should now be in the forums and be abled to download the beta.

member_10275657
10th Apr 2013, 12:10
I just got mine today, and its legit...

robertallen
10th Apr 2013, 12:12
Okay, thank you. It was just wierd as the fonts were all strange and there were no images or graphics like most of the other SQEX e-mails I get.

coanmenel
10th Apr 2013, 12:37
I registered and everything for the beta. Then later on I went to log in to beta forums. I am typing in my user name and password correctly and its saying that its invalid. This is annoying. I am using my SQUARE user name that I just created and the password. So idk what the issue is.

Necrotic
10th Apr 2013, 12:44
3 of my real life friends got into the beta this weekend. I have a better Beta app and system specs./ WTF! I don't think I'll be playing the game upon release if I can't even get into the beta.

deneve
10th Apr 2013, 12:54
So this is definitely legit? I was kind of reluctant to click on that link too. I wish they had a way for us to register the code through signing in to our Square Enix account rather than clicking a link in email.

robertallen
10th Apr 2013, 12:58
Definitely legit. I am already downloading the beta client now in preparation for this weekend.

member_10688762
10th Apr 2013, 13:13
I've tried everything in the support section as well. Used email and user name and still nothing :( Has anyone found a fix for not being able to log into the beta forums?

tommygunnz
10th Apr 2013, 13:25
I hear ya. I don't know anyone personally that got in, but my Final Fantasy 11 is pretty hefty. However I did apply for PS3 beta, so I'm still waiting. With that said, years of experience dealing with SE, I'm not holding my breath on beta or an official release date.

Leaferian-379423
10th Apr 2013, 14:16
3 of my real life friends got into the beta this weekend. I have a better Beta app and system specs./ WTF! I don't think I'll be playing the game upon release if I can't even get into the beta.

If you're talking about the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta, that actually makes a lot of sense. Many of the first round of Beta Testers had high-performance machines that were able to run the game really well, so it makes sense that now they'd choose some people with average-to-low specs. Their goal is to make this game fully playable even if you have a low-tier computer, and the best way to know if they're doing that is to have people with said computers playing the game. With that said, we're only in Phase 2 of the Beta, out of a planned 4 Phases. The third phase should begin in a month or so, so you have another chance to get in then. You should also remember that MMOs in the early life of their Beta periods are largely incomplete and restricted due to a need for figuring out system balance, and they usually aren't as fun to play. Since you can't talk about them either (due to the Non-Disclosure Agreement) the only reason to play the Beta right now is to help the development team figure out problems.

According to their developmental roadmap (which they released in January, I believe), the 4th Phase of the testing is an Open Beta, meaning you will absolutely have a chance to experience the content before you commit to a purchase if that's what you're actually worried about.

I hear ya. I don't know anyone personally that got in, but my Final Fantasy 11 is pretty hefty. However I did apply for PS3 beta, so I'm still waiting. With that said, years of experience dealing with SE, I'm not holding my breath on beta or an official release date.

If you're signed up for the PS3 Beta, you won't hear back until next month or later. The PS3 Beta doesn't begin until the Phase 3 cycle of testing. While no official release date has been announced, it's likely you'll be able to expect one at E3 in June unless serious complications arise.

Insidian
10th Apr 2013, 17:56
Having the same issue. Cant log in to even register my beta key period, keeps saying ID or password is incorrect. I know it is not, I am here posting.

member_10774204
10th Apr 2013, 19:21
I think Im having the same problem. I clicked my email and it opened a page with two steps to do before I could beta test. The first page had me redeem the code they had sent me using my square enix account and I dont that. then I need to go back and click on step two. Once I did that it tells me to enter my user name and password that I use on the square enix page to enter the FF forums. But it keeps telling me "either invalid email or password" So I cannot get onto the FF forums to download the game to play the beta.

Im assuming this is the problem everyone is having. If we cannot get on the forums to download then we cant play.

Its amazing how people are so eager to jump in and tell us to "read" the email properly. we are not idiots. If you have no help to add keep your biast comments to yourself. All we want to do is play the beta that we were accepted for. No more and no less.

sqex_4175095
10th Apr 2013, 19:48
i have the same issue, it dosent download anything, and on my service and options its says "Final Fantasy XIV: Code registration currently unavailable", but seems register on on my service account options as FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test

dunno if is the same problem with all? or just me or how can a resolve it >_<

Drihn1170
10th Apr 2013, 21:36
I can log in to post THIS on the forums, but when I try to log in with the same user name and password for the Beta forums it says wrong password.

Asskicknmike
10th Apr 2013, 22:06
I'm having similar issues. Received a beta invite, went to go enter the code-made me register a new account. After looking franticly for a some sort of indication of where to go to start the download I have given up and found myself here.

I think Square Enix should look into a more noob friendly UI, or if theyre going to send out beta invites that do not begin right away to let us know so we arent flooding forums.

member_10612272
10th Apr 2013, 22:10
Had the same issue, figured out that the login for the beta forum is the square enix ID, which is different (at least for mine) than the email address I used to login to everything else.

Hope it works for you, gluck!

bryson1990
10th Apr 2013, 22:22
I'm having the same problem. I can't login anywhere except for this main website. The account management system is also telling me my my id (or email address) and password is incorrect.

I've changed my password, and I get on this website just fine. When I try to log onto the xiv forums or the account management system site, it tells me I'm wrong. It makes no sense.

how can my email address and password work here but not for the account management system?

I've been at this for hours and I'm making no progress

member_10294122
11th Apr 2013, 01:13
Same issue here. This beta test should have been like every other beta test. Direct link to download in the emial and enter code in GUI for fast access. Not all this forum crap with 20 different sites to log in and forums to wade through that you can't even log into. I am so annoyed with square enix. I swear they have a bunch of employed specifically to find the most intricate, strung out, and complicated processes for their fans. And I don't even want to get into the service options and payment options.

Good job square enix making everyones life as annoying as possible and screwing up a simple task again. I swear I am done with square enix for life. Now excuse me while I go play EVE Online, an MMORPG that doesn't suck and listens to their fans.

Go eat a bucket of turds square enix!

member_10294122
11th Apr 2013, 01:17
got in and it's disabled by admin. If you click anything it logs you out. Forgot to mention that in previous post.

WarPheonix
11th Apr 2013, 01:38
I was invited for the Beta of FFIV when it first came out. I wish I could get an invite this time around, considering I've revamped my system with way better hardware. Congrats to all of you who have gotten your invites.