PDA

View Full Version : Install Disc Lost - now what?

DJaye
8th Jul 2007, 18:13
Hi!
We purchased Thief 2 'The Metal Age' when it first came out. Now my 14 year old has his own computer and wants to install the game. Unfortunately we have lost the installation disc.:mad2: I am not at all computer savvy but I promised him that I would try and find out if there were any options short of purchasing a whole new game. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanx.

~DJaye

Peter_Smith
8th Jul 2007, 18:47
I don't work for Eidos, so I can't speak for them. There is a technical support contact information in the FAQ thread in this category. There is a submit ticket link there. I have no idea if Eidos can help you. My guess is no, but it is worth a try.

The price has come down a bit. Check here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004NS0Z/ref=dp_olp_2/105-3489005-9258825).

One thing you need to be concerned with is who is the publisher and where can you get the patch for version 1.18, if it is not already patched. 1.18 is needed to play most Fan Missions. If you know the publisher, you can search for the patch. I know of Eidos, Sold Out, and Premier versions.

DJaye
8th Jul 2007, 19:09
What is 'submit ticket link'? And I don't know anything about patches either - except maybe the one on 101 Dalmations:nut:

DJaye
8th Jul 2007, 21:28
I went on ebay and found a copy of Thief 2 for 4.99 so that solves my problem.
Thanx for the suggestion.~DJaye:)