PDA

View Full Version : help with the artifact in the coliseum

evangeline
8th Jul 2007, 15:14
I can see there's a route near the ceiling and i can see the artifect but i can't get to it! I checked the walkthrough, it says i should go right to trigger the bats and then go left and grab the ledge, but where's the ledge i should grab?! :mad2:

Demarest
8th Jul 2007, 17:07
I don't know which ledge you should grab based on where you are in what walkthrough. I think I can help talk you through to the artifact just the same.

The picture below indicates a ledge that Lara can grab. My first time through the game, I didn't realize this. After about a dozen tries, I was able to swing directly to the artifact. Later, I read a walkthrough and found that the intended way is much eaiser. You want to swing towards the right part of the ledge that's highlighted. Use full rope IIRC and swing a few times to get maximum momentum. I took the pic at that angle so you can see that after you get the artifact, you can shimmy back over and jump up to be on top of a ramp that will take you along in the level.

http://tfads.com/gtafpics/lara/colart.jpg

Don't forget to pick up the 50 Caliber guns.

evangeline
9th Jul 2007, 07:47
I'm not that far yet, this is embarrasing but my problem is i'm still on ground.. or well, at the balcony, but still not in the right place to use the grapple and grab that ledge :confused:

evangeline
9th Jul 2007, 08:14
Oh my god now i got it! I thought it'd be the end of level if i went through the door i had the key for. :D But err.. now she wont pick up the caliber pistol ammo either. I asked about this in another thread and you told me i should reload (draw out the guns?) but it's not helping :confused: this is weird!!

Werner Von Croy
9th Jul 2007, 11:57
You need to swing from it from 2nd rope once you have unlocked the gate with the key and climb up the ladder