PDA

View Full Version : n00b needs help with simple controls

Dimz
8th Jul 2007, 13:02
im playing the demo now to see how much i like the game ...

im stuck in a cavern with some wooden handles on some giant wheels , now my instincts tell me i should be able to swing from one to the other but i cannot swing up vetrically , only to the sides .

anyone know how i can swing upwards to the next handle ?

Phlip
8th Jul 2007, 13:03
Have you put any of the cogs on the cog mechanism?

Dimz
8th Jul 2007, 13:08
umm i switched a lever if thats what you mean ... i have never played any sort of game like this before .

is there like a tutorial site that explains how to do stuff in the game ?

Dimz
8th Jul 2007, 13:18
ok i found a cog but i need a 2nd one and i cant find one lol . this game is confusing .

Below Zero
8th Jul 2007, 14:55
Here is a guide if you want to use it:http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/walkthrough

Demarest
8th Jul 2007, 15:09
this game is confusing .

You mean challenging. Which is a good thing.

Since you asked for a place to figure out how to do things, here (http://tombraiders.net/stella/anniversary.html) is the link to Stella's TRA hub. There, you can find a walkthrough for that stage as well as descriptions on how to do the various movements in the game.

Dimz
8th Jul 2007, 15:16
k , i figured out alot in the 20 mins i played it , so im past that part . i definitely like the gameplay , it is challenging and though its not rocket science it will still keep me amused for a while ;)

i didnt want a walkthrough because id like to solve everything myself but i was looking for a guide as to what the levels are like , but obvoiously you dont always need a piece of something like a cog to get by .

UTWarden
8th Jul 2007, 22:16
k , i figured out alot in the 20 mins i played it , so im past that part . i definitely like the gameplay , it is challenging and though its not rocket science it will still keep me amused for a while ;)

i didnt want a walkthrough because id like to solve everything myself but i was looking for a guide as to what the levels are like , but obvoiously you dont always need a piece of something like a cog to get by .

for the demo you didn't really need the second cog but getting it showed you more of her moves as well as something ELSE

Werner Von Croy
8th Jul 2007, 22:21
ok i found a cog but i need a 2nd one and i cant find one lol . this game is confusing .

There's 3 in all you need to investigate the whole level, a bit like the original tomb raider

Demarest
8th Jul 2007, 22:40
There's 3 in all you need to investigate the whole level, a bit like the original tomb raider

I thought the demo didn't allow you to fight T Rex?

UTWarden
8th Jul 2007, 23:06
I thought the demo didn't allow you to fight T Rex?

correct, it was a nice intro to T-rex though.