PDA

View Full Version : The Most - less interesting level in TRA

Tyron
8th Jul 2007, 12:28
Hey Guys:) I was Just wodering, What was your most borring level in Anniversary? Mine is Tomb Of Tihocan, cause I simply think that moving those crates around the sewer was really borring,man I lost 1h on that!

Tomb Radar
8th Jul 2007, 12:30
I'd agree with that. :)

Phlip
8th Jul 2007, 13:05
Hmm, fortunatly that is a tough question... Probably Tomb of Qualopec. :)

Demarest
8th Jul 2007, 15:07
Hey Guys:) I was Just wodering, What was your most borring level in Anniversary? Mine is Tomb Of Tihocan, cause I simply think that moving those crates around the sewer was really borring,man I lost 1h on that!

The first time I played that level, I REALLY appreciated the puzzle. Now when I replay the game, that level is nothing but lots of busy work for little yield. It's my vote for least interesting.

Most would be St Francis Folly. Had they preserved the original game's size and complexity as they did with this level, I think there'd be a lot less complaints about the game.

boots
9th Jul 2007, 02:19
Am I the only one who still likes the Tomb of Tihocan level? :o I'm sure I'll get bored of it eventually, but I've played through it at least five times now and I haven't yet.

Anyway my vote's the Coliseum, just because it's so short, and the only real puzzle is retrieving a key (!) and trying not to fall from Very High Places. I find it rather tedious. I don't really like the last two Atlantis levels, either.

Most interesting levels have to be St. Francis Folly, and maybe the Obelisk of Khamoon.

rsdigi
9th Jul 2007, 15:00
While the first time I played it I loved the nostalgia of it, I too have to say the Cistern (yeh that's the real name to me!) is the most boring, and I dread getting to eat each play through.

Lectrician
9th Jul 2007, 15:07
I will gladly stop and start over once I get to the pyramid.

This game has a lot of replay value to me thanks to my short memory. I have completed the game, but it's amazing how much I have forgotten as I go back and replay it.

For whatever reason, I love the lost valley and play it over and over. I think it's the scenery.

LisaB1962
9th Jul 2007, 17:22
Yeah, they made the Cistern too dark. At first, it seems creepy, but then later it just hampers that sense of seeing places to get too. I've always loved looking across a level and seeing a place Lara was supposed to get to.

gbas
9th Jul 2007, 17:43
For whatever reason, I love the lost valley and play it over and over. I think it's the scenery.

Heh I do that too. Yeah, I think the scenery is awesome for The Lost Valley.

For the less interesting level I'd say Tomb of Qualopec too.

Mangar The Dark
9th Jul 2007, 17:45
Yeah, they made the Cistern too dark. At first, it seems creepy, but then later it just hampers that sense of seeing places to get too. I've always loved looking across a level and seeing a place Lara was supposed to get to.

Oddly enough, when we first saw screenshots of the Cistern (before TRA was released), I remember somebody writing a post saying that they didn't like the fact that in TRA you could see so far across the Cistern. They actually missed the limited draw distance of TR1, because it made things more mysterious.

Getting back to the question at hand...

I only played the game through once, and honestly, NONE of the levels bored me. The only one that came close to boring me was The Great Pyramid because I had to keep redoing that one jumping sequence, and it just got very tedious.

Werner Von Croy
9th Jul 2007, 19:10
I was really dissapointed in the Colliseeum level it was awfully short unlike the original, wasn't really keen on tomb of Quolopec either

Mertz523
9th Jul 2007, 19:56
The Colosseum is a waste, but if you listened to the commentary, you will know why it's shortened. I give CD respect for recognizing that error. They only included it just because it was in the original and total omission would have stirred up a lot of negative feedback amongst fans of the original. Personally, I feel it should have just been omitted with a totally different level in its stance.

Otherwise, no level was boring to me. Since I don't play much in the way of games, I don't really know what a boring level is. Never really encountered one, and definitely not in the TR series. Maybe the tediousness of repeating a portion multiple times, but that "boredom" is outweighed by frustration and the drive to overcome the obstacle.

TR4ever
11th Jul 2007, 01:08
Tomb of Thiocan, total nightmare extremly easy to know how to solve the puzzle but soooooo boring.

Bampire
11th Jul 2007, 02:28
I think The Colosseum was the most - less interesting level, because it was too short, you knew exactly what to do, and on some parts it's just ridiculously easy. The older version is much better than the first, but hey I guess we need a really easy level for those who get angry easily (like me).

naraku
12th Jul 2007, 07:45
While the first time I played it I loved the nostalgia of it, I too have to say the Cistern (yeh that's the real name to me!) is the most boring, and I dread getting to eat each play through.

I agree the Cistern used to give me nightmares but the TRA version was short I barely broke a sweat. Dido on the Colosseum but I find it a little bit fun. Cause those dreaded Gorillas were there, but at least I saw them coming this time.
Then BAM!

"Wipe yourself off You dead"!, Chris Tucker.