PDA

View Full Version : Ready for more Tomb Raider!

howiesfunware
8th Jul 2007, 04:28
Finished Anniversary and ready for the next Tomb Raider! I've also played Legend. At this point, all you have to do is pour in a new story and puzzles into the current engine.

I tried playing Tomb Raider II and Chronicles but it's real hard to control Laura. After playing these two amazing games (Anniversary & Legend), I just can't go back. I now remember how frustrating it was controlling Laura in these old games.

Demarest
8th Jul 2007, 04:42
I can relate. I reinstalled TR4 a little bit ago. The controls all came back to me. But it took twice as much effort to make the same movements. The mouse sure does make things easier!

Swatcat
8th Jul 2007, 07:24
After Anniversary I wanted more Tombraider so I bought the Tombraider pack, which includes TR 1 - 6.
But oh my, the controls are a big turn off and frustrating!
I really can't play without a mouse anymore.

I still wanted more TR though so I bought Legend =)

Lectrician
8th Jul 2007, 08:20
Legend was cool but holy cow short.

boots
8th Jul 2007, 08:23
I was just playing a bit of TRII tonight, in fact. All the remake discussion left me feeling a little nostalgic. The first time I loaded it up after playing TRA, it took me about a half hour or so to get used to using the old control scheme again. And to think there was a time when I thought that was the smoother of the two!

I still think it's entirely playable, just as long as I remember that there's no automatic grab and the draw guns button is on a completely different side now. The old PS1 controller feels weirdly spare in my hands now. I know, I know, if I was playing on the PC I wouldn't have that problem. :rasp:

After I'm done messing around with Anniversary, I plan to pick up Legend and the other games I haven't finished yet... can't wait. :D I've missed my Tomb Raider.

Bampire
8th Jul 2007, 08:45
My alternative, since I don't have all TR's to play, I either download demos from TombRaiderChronicles.com. or I play BloodRayne all over again.

Jezyk
8th Jul 2007, 08:56
Hmm... I've been playing TR: Legend last year and short after that TR1 again... and I got used to the controls really quickly... personally I like them better, at least camera changes don't affect the moves. The one thing I didn't like in later games is the amount of keys to memorize and use (holster guns, action (shooting/grabbing), crouching, sprinting, walking, jumping etc...)

Mangar The Dark
8th Jul 2007, 13:31
At this point, all you have to do is pour in a new story and puzzles into the current engine.

I completely agree. The TRA engine was great, and I'd rather they spend more time now developing larger levels with really great puzzles, instead of trying to build a new engine from scratch. Of course, they can't stick with this engine for TOO long, otherwise they will suffer the same fate Core did, and people will get tired of it, but they can easily squeeze one more game out of it (and then release a level editor and build an all new engine!)

howiesfunware
8th Jul 2007, 14:23
Maybe they could remake some of the other old titles like Chronicles and Last Revelation? I'm not that fimiliar with the old games but on the surface, these seem to have more of a story plot to them.

What is also neat is that Anniversary runs smoother then Legend does. The may have optimized the engine. I've played the Legend demo on my xbox 360 and that lagged a bit.

What they have right now with Anniversary works real well on the PC so I would be happy to see more titles.

Below Zero
8th Jul 2007, 14:59
I think alot of us are ready for the next game. I agree, I think all C.D. has to do is come up with a follow-up story and puzzles. The controls are fine.